the Rift

[OPEN] The Pirate and the Princess Meet Again

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan wandered aimlessly around the World's Edge with a soft smile on his lips. He deeply breathed in the salty smell that hung around and about the herd land. It was a scent that was carried on the back of winds that cut through winter coats with its chill. Caenan looked to a line of trees where many of the herd members milled about taking shelter there were the Frostfall wind would not seek them out so easily.

The stallion's eyes watched them from afar. He was learning about his duties as a Protector and though he had been faced with some difficult days and nights Caenan had grown a deep sense of affection for the herd and its members. He was disappointed that he had not befriended more of them as he had imagined himself doing, but he at least had satisfaction in knowing that he had worked hard on becoming a stallion fit to one day be of rank.

With every rising of the sun the son of the sea worked out along the shore. With every morning he came back to the herd a sweaty tired mess but his efforts showed themselves in how his body changed. Muscle lined his body that had been weary upon joining the World's Edge and weight had been gained in places where rib had previously shown. Caenan was proud of who he was becoming.

Caenan's tail sprung up like a banner behind him and he cantered easily towards the trees where many of the herd gathered. Once he was close enough to begin to make out faces he slowed to a trot, a walk, and then a halt. His dark eyes brushed against each in turn, it lingered on some more than others. From his place he smiled at those who laughed and felt a protective urge grow in his chest for those who shivered at the cold. He wanted to protect them from all things; remembering the cloak that Tilney had worn Caenan wondered what it would take to get some for the herd to share among its more thinly coated members.

@Naerys so excited for them to thread again! Sorry there isn't much to off of. I never know how to handle opening posts XD

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

in your heart shall burn
an UNQUENCHABLE flame

Naerys still didn't enjoy Frostfall. Not even this year, with it being as mild as it is. The cold, blustering winds frequently blowing in from the sea are enough to make her long for the quiet, peaceful snowfall of last year. It was cold then, too, but the air was far more still, far more pleasant on a number of levels. And best of all, it hadn't kept her from using the cliffs as her launch pad; an activity that she sorely missed this season. Due to the chill of the air and the force of the winds, Naerys kept herself tucked neatly in amongst the trees with the majority of the herd. Some ventured out along the cliffs, of course, though the numbers are not so abundant as they are during the rest of the year. Those that ventured out, she presumed, were the least opposed to the colder weather but she certainly didn't feel any sort of longing or desire to join them.

Until her teal eyes fell on the familiar form of Caenan.

The girl peers at him through the trees, her teal eyes silently sliding from his handsome face down his neck to his chest and, from there, the rest of his body. It was hard for her to not notice the ways he'd changed since she met him on the sandy shore of the endless blue. She pretty quickly notices the greater definition of muscle, the level of strength he now seemed to ooze. And though it set the butterflies fluttering in the depths of her gut - made her cheeks flush and her heart giddy - she carefully hid the mostly new feelings behind the guise of her usually friendly manner. She'd only felt attraction like this once before but it hadn't been given the chance to grow this much before the stallion disappeared. Caenan has, so far, stuck around; a fact that left her oddly gleeful.

Little did she know, however, her slender legs had grown a mind of their own. By the time she realizes that she's moving, the girl is already near the edge of the trees, but instead of getting flustered she simply goes with the flow. She shifts her course as her vibrant eyes watch Caenan swiftly approach the tree line. Somehow, she manages to avoid staring at his nicely muscled chest long enough to gracefully pull in beside him and match his pace. She shuffles one wing just enough to lightly bump against his side. The girl had grown since they last met, she'd really begun the transition into a more feminine, adult appearance. By now, she'd lost most of her gangly foal-like attributes though she is still rather slender and dainty. Her adult curves would start to fill in during the next several months, ultimately completing during early Tallsun.

Everything would be different then.
For good or ill.

A tender smile curves her soft lips as the two slowed to a halt. Naerys cants her head towards Caenan, not bothering to hide the playfulness shining in her teal eyes. "Looks like the Edge agrees with you." her voice, as sweet and warm as a gentle spring breeze, is typically friendly. Outside, her behavior is no different than it had been the day they met, though inside she's practically a screaming fan-girl on the verge of becoming a swooning puddle. How quickly he'd charmed her that day. How quickly he'd stirred the butterflies in her stomach. It was all innocent, of course. He's cute and charming; she'd have to be made of stone to not develop some sort of feelings for him. Naerys holds onto her composure as she stands beside him and with a gentle grin, she adds, "I'm glad you're here."

NAERYS
image credit

@Caenan <3

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan's stride faltered whenever he saw Naerys come forth from the trees. "Nae--!" he began to shout for her, so lost he was in his excitement, but a mischievous thought stopped him. Whenever she was before him the bay slipped into a bow, "Princess." Caenan winked at her.

"Looks like the Edge agrees with you." Caenan laughed and stood, "There are times where I am not sure if I agree with it." The early mornings. The patrols. The meetings. Sparring practice. His eyes of sharp green softened. Despite what he said, in that moment he could not agree with the World's Edge more. He moved to fall in step with the pegasus, "I came not long after we met. Thanks for the directions." Back whenever he had met her on the beach she had shown him the direction of her home. Had it not been for their meeting he was not sure if he would have actually gone through with joining the World's Edge. "I was met by Tembovu at the border. From then on after I 'ave been workin' as a Protector." Caenan arched his neck playfully, "I think that they may actually make a man of me!"  

Caenan took the lead and headed towards a spot among the trees that was off to the side. He wanted to be able to focus on Naerys alone. He knew himself well enough to know that if someone else was around he would go out of his way to befriend them; and too long he had wished to see Naerys to allow any distractions.

"I'm glad you're here." A lopsided grin flashed across his face. To have her say such a thing-- it was almost enough to forever root him to the spot. The pull that Naerys' had on him was something that he could not understand. Nor did he have any desire to dispute it. "So am I. I am," Caenan felt as though he were finally working towards something. He felt purpose, "actually becoming someone." The pirate had lost himself in his searches for adventure. "And I am glad that you are 'ere."

Caenan had trouble taking his eyes from the smile that curved Naerys' lips. She looked as though she had grown a year's worth just since he had last seen her. "Any new adventures to report?" Caenan arched a brow at her and leaned against the nearest tree.

@Naerys

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

in your heart shall burn
an UNQUENCHABLE flame

Naerys hadn't been expecting Caenan's stride to falter and yet, it had. She had hoped she could slide discretely in beside him while he continued on his path - it was the only way she felt herself capable of maintaining her composure and avoiding potentially embarrassing herself. Instead, he stopped before she ever got the chance to reach him and with his attention on her so completely she felt her own stride slowing and... stopping. Although her teal eyes focus on him, she can feel a familiar heated flush ransacking the flesh of her face and leaving it bright red. Her own hormones haven't taken over her youthful body just yet but that doesn't stop her eyes from roaming down over the defined muscles in his neck, chest, and legs as he slides so easily into a bow. She might have stood a chance until 'Princess' rolled so easily from his lips, topped with a rather roguish wink.

Despite the awkward thundering of her heart within her chest, the girl flashed him her best and brightest smile. Without further hesitation, she closes the gap between them - moving contentedly to his side. She's comfortable with him but in a way that is completely foreign. It wasn't like this with Mauja. This was... different, more like what she'd felt with Rowtag except it runs far deeper and leaves her far more flustered. His laugh alone had a drastic effect on her mood, making her giddy and sending the butterflies fluttering around in her stomach. "There are times where I am not sure if I agree with it." Naerys simply dissolves into a small fit of laughter - light, sweet, and somehow musical. In truth, she simply cannot agree with that statement more but her reasons were entirely different from his own. She is too young yet to deal with any herd duties but life in a herd is... more strained when one feels they cannot trust their king. Being with Caenan is like existing in a different dimension - a place where all of her troubles and worries simply cease to be. Walking side by side with him, matching his pace and feeling the warmth of his body next to hers - suddenly, nothing else exists. Nothing else matters. Naerys listens carefully as he speaks, silently praising the Gods that Tembovu hadn't burned Caenan the way he'd burned Mauja. Somehow, she manages to hide her discomfort over the mere mentioning of Tembovu's name and she glances over at him just as he playfully arches his neck. "Oh, is that so?" she teases, teal eyes shimmering with a mischievous glint as she aims a light nip at his cheek. She shifts her position just enough to allow her teal gaze to appraise and admire his stronger form and after a soft, barely audible sigh she tries her best to act casual. "Looks like they're already succeeding."

She's grateful when he shifts to take the lead and uses the few moments she's following behind to get a grip on herself and contain the suddenly rampant feelings of adoration. Naerys is so consumed by her own concentration that she doesn't realize he's taking her away from the others. Not that it would worry her if she knew. She's safe with Caenan; safer with him than she could ever be while alone with the king. The only potential trouble in being alone with him at this point is her making a complete fool of herself. Every laugh, every lopsided grin, every wink - they all chipped away at the innocently playful mask she'd put on to hide her own heart. There was something about the pirate that completely ensnared the young girl. So when he finally stops, she shifts herself close but instead of hugging against his side, she stands before him - positioning herself to better see his face, all the while knowing that her own is vulnerable beneath his green-eyed gaze. "I couldn't leave here now if I tried." she replies with a soft smile, though it certainly isn't entirely true. She could leave, if he did.

"Any new adventures to report?" His question practically makes her giddy with excitement but instead she contains it, shifting her posture into one of playful nonchalance. "Oh, you know, just the usual. Found a dagger in the caves..." her voice trails off for a moment as she pins him with a roguish expression. "and, I learned a new trick." Naerys lifts her head a bit then, a playful little smile curving her lips as she shuffles her hooves amongst the purple and white blooms now surrounding her.

NAERYS
image credit

@Caenan

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

smitty the swift Posts: 22
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 1 :: 1
unarchived per request