the Rift

[OPEN] Street Joy

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

She couldn't seem to stay away from the ocean.

Even now, as the sun struck midday and pressed its glowing light against the waves in a nearly blinding majesty, the child of blood and gold couldn't veer from the roar of the surf. She stood tiny and inconsequential before the great blue face of the sea, foam and the dregs of the tide lapping gently against petite hooves; yet she couldn't be more at peace. With her leonine tail and it's wildly tufted end soaked and matted with sand, the girl took a step closer to the angry expanse of water.

She knew well enough that the ocean was a dangerous place, that the waters, as calm as they could be, would still drag her down in a moments notice. At least that's what Daddy had said.

A sigh was pressed from her lungs as Ovidius folded her slender legs and lowered herself to the wetted sands, the surf now ebbing and flowing just over her breast. Touching her lips to the frigid surface, she inhaled the scent of a world unknown to her and grinned at the mystery. Would she ever find herself submerged within that salty horizon? Would she find the hidden cities beneath the waves and talk to the denizens through words garbled and muffled by countless gallons?

Maybe, maybe not.

@Thranduil
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The mood was fractious at best. After the encounter with the doll the day before the golden and his stag were now apart. The deer off in the dune grazing and giving the gold space. They had spent the night on the beach, with the gold still irritated over his sand covered coat. That’s how he found himself here the next morn, alone on the beach.

His coat still dripped wet from an earlier dip in the waters where he had washed the blasted sand away he wandered on down the beach. In reality the gold was still slightly miffed by the happenings of the day before, but the salt air clears many trials. As the water lapped over his hooves, not breaking in sound through his magic, he breathes deep and easy. The morning hadn’t been quite so pleasant though. During his swim in the clear morning light the sky was clear and sharp all the way to the mountains ringing the northern shores to the northeast. His mind therefore snarled at this reminder, and he had left the water in the same foul mood as before.

But time had passed as he walked, and his mind had begun to spin the Basin and rosen ghosts out of his thoughts. It had been some time before he had gone anywhere with any sense of direction, and he was beginning to grow weary of it. Sure he wanted to avoid the strict walls of the Basin and its rules and long lists of allies, but he also needed something to seek, search out and so his mind had been pondering over it when he came upon a dark figure in the shallows. Her horns, at first hidden in the bright light on the waves, were most strange, and catch the gold from simply continuing on, that and her curious seeming attempt to drown herself. Harks fall back slightly as he pauses directly behind her, wondering if, even given his silent step he’d been spotted. But he doesn’t wait to find out. “That’s a most pathetic way to die.”

OOC ::
"speech"

-
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

@Ovidius

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Eris
OVIDIUS

Eyes snap open at the sound of a markedly male voice at her back. Raising her delicately sculpted head and doing her best to wiggle her thin body around, the tiny mare gazed up at what had to be the sun made flesh. A wry grin twisted at her lips, as she replied, voice light as the breeze that twined between her spines, “Of course it is, friend. I’ve only been talking to the fish, they do get rather curious of what life is like up here on land, you know.” A breathy laugh was swept away on the tide as she stood, saltwater running from her sides and dripping back into the sea.

With her leonine tail, Ovidius motioned toward the shining circlet upon the stallion’s brow, then toward the bunch of amulets hanging from his neck, “Many pretties you have there. I would assume you’re a wealthy gent, but the world isn’t as kind to let a wealthy man keep his possessions. You’ve pilfered, have you not?” Her voice was the farthest thing from accusatory, in fact, if one wasn’t too proud to believe it, Ovidius sounded entirely and completely admiring of the stallion’s supposed thievery. It was a respectable trait, she believed, to be able to sneak and spook one’s way to glory.

“I’m Ovi, pleased to meet your acquaintance.” She followed up with a shallow bow, spines glittering against the afternoon sun, “Sorry if I blind you at all, it’s not exactly something I can help.” Another mischievous grin as she dipped her tail in the water, using the wildly haired end to mop away at the excess sand coating her belly and legs. Looking at the pair, one might think them complete opposites, given their coloring and height differences, but it seemed that the two may have had quite a bit in common. A languid blink and a step forward into the realm of personable interactions later, the golden girl awaited her reply.

@Thranduil

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

A gold brow raises as the dark head tosses back in a glittering of gold to grin at him. Crowned head tilts as she laughs her reply. He hadn’t expected that. One hark slides back, then forward again. Had it been spoken with at least some inkling of cutting sarcasm perhaps he might label it normal, but this seemed fully light and unbothered. Something entirely unexpected, especially given how his conversations went yesterday.

The girl moves to stand and the gold gives her room, but instantly it’s vanished in her stare. Still the gold says nothing, his mind so unprepared to find a creature like this. Some whispers question her sanity, but others are lured out by the possibility of playing with someone who understood how to take a hit and throw right back. Someone who understood how to play. Such a promise began to wash away all his foul moods. He did so love to play.

She speaks up again, her voice ever playful, though this time leaning more in. His earth eyes flash slightly as she mentions those things which adorn him, particularly the circlet upon his head. They were more than mere ‘pretties’. His nerves twitch as he thinks at what the circlet alone can unleash, not to mention the polearm attached too, or the other ‘pretties’ he bore in a satchel left elsewhere.  Yet, her humor had a twist of admiration, a desire to know more, and as always the gold’s ego was ever stroked into playing along. “Pilfered!?”   He feigned shock, but the growing smile told more. “More like, borrowed permanently without permission.”  And a grin broke on his face. So he hadn’t stolen the circlet or even the amulets, all found free of crime. That didn’t mean he couldn’t lead on the rumors. Only one item had a tale even better. “But arrest me not for the crown; it was a gift from a God.”   Now the grin curled into a smirk. Proof that though they may not heal completely, thieves and liars just heal quicker.

She speaks up with introduction, and humored and tamed by her playfulness he answers in kind without resentment. “Thranduil the Laurelin, at your service.”  The familiar phrase rolls out and given the enormity of growth she was causing, even his title slips with it. Her head dips and his does ever slightly, never full nor deep, the gold on her horns glint and shine, making the gold in his eyes flash in reflection. Her apology though is still met with a strangely improving mood. “I know the problem well.”  He was after all the golden son.

OOC ::
"speech"

-
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

@Ovidius

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Eris
OVIDIUS

Another bout of laughter cascaded from the girl’s lips, overlapping with the smooth rush of the shore before being whisked away by an ocean breeze. Expression open and adoring, the youth looked upon the grinning stranger with a mixture of curiosity and awe; ‘borrowed permanently without permission’? He was definitely a master Sleuth whether he knew it or not! Ovi couldn’t help the little wiggle of happiness that pervaded her body as the gilt jester grinned down at her. At the mention of his crown, the slender lass raised an eyebrow in a teasing manner, her facial composition practically oozing mischief.

Tail twisting and tracing mindless patterns within the sea air near her rump, the lass couldn’t help but feign a haughty nod as the Laurelin bowed his head. “Ah,” she spoke in a slightly affected voice, imitating what she had learned was a ‘more cultured’ accent than her own flattened speech, “A pleasure, I’m sure, Lord Thranduil.” With a tilt to her dished skull, the mare did her best to give the impression she was looking down her nose at the golden rogue; a rather difficult task given the height differences, but relatively attainable. With a wink, the girl slipped back into her usual, jovial self, questions blossoming upon her tongue as her curiosity piqued.

“I’ll admit,” she began, relishing the way her gold danced in Thranduil’s eyes, “I have no particular title, though I’ve begun to wonder at how, exactly, to obtain the moniker of the Leg Snatcher.” With the seemingly permanent hint of mischief coating her words and mannerisms, Ovidius wasn’t sure whether or not the horned stallion would take her words as truth or jest. Either path was just dandy to her; it couldn’t hurt to not be branded as a leg thief, but the title could also hold quite a bit of adventure on its own.

“I’ll admit another thing,” she offered, backing up a few steps into the surf before bending her back legs and sitting – much like a dog – in the cool waters of the surf, salty liquid lapping halfway up her rump, “I’m rather new to Helovia and you seem much the seasoned sailor, though,” She quickly amended, “It doesn’t shine through in your looks, moreso it seems to be in your mannerisms,” In all honesty, the black and gold lass thought her newest acquaintance to be rather handsome, though she’d be loath to admit it out loud. “Would it be too brash of me to ask for some advice from a fellow trickster? Would it be overstepping my bounds to request a Laurelin turn to a Minstrel and sing me his secrets?”

A sardonic twist to her lips and an unconscious wave of her tail, the aspiring Leg Snatcher peered happily at what she believed could very well be a master in her particular trade.

@Thranduil
[/quote]