the Rift

[OPEN] I'll carry your world.

Entia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Entia
we could write a bad romance
Entia had been out but after deliberation, and wondering, learning, he had returned to the Edge. In Helovia he had found others, talked to others, and during his … let's call it a sabbatical, since there is not really any other way he can put it, he had decided this is where he'd like to be calling home. There was a familiarity about it at any rate; it was reminiscent of Ilir. He found the path in and stepped along it carefully, taking the entrance slowly – no desire to repeat his near death experience. He remembered coming her before, following the stag known as Mauja.

He wondered if he'd find him again. He should have that chat with him sometime.

And he wondered what had changed. Entia knew that there were things different now. He had run into Tembovu at the oceanside, and thought he'd like to know him more as well. That hadn't changed.

Even though now, as he walked into the kingdom, he was unsure of what he wanted. There was something here, somewhere, that had brought him back. Though, like was said, he didn't know entirely what. He had never wanted power, never wanted fame or glory. He just wanted the fun, to be a part of something else.

To live among the living and enjoy life, despite the terrible drawbacks that came with it. The anger, the sadness with the loss of life and loved ones, the coldness, but to Entia, it just reminded him now that he was alive. To be alive was something he had once taken for granted and had nearly been murdered for it, but in doing so his father had freed him from the curse on his family.

So here in the Edge he comes. He walks through the trees, coming to a halt and waiting; he does not intrude upon any others. He waits patiently, wondering. He'd come now to say he'd like to be a part of this place, but he would wait and see. For now, he watches, mis-matched eyes bright, as he looks around the world before him, wondering what faces he might recognise... and who he would not.

After all, Entia did enjoy getting to know others – even if they found him an irritating, annoying creature, it just made it all the more interesting for him.

note; excuse the weirdness of this its very late and i'm very tired... but this is Entia coming to join the Edge <3 Yes :D

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

we heal with love

Alysanne had been napping lightly when the sound of hoof falls beneath the trees nearby caught her attention. Green eyes slowly opened, curious to see who it was. In her half-asleep state she sees the black form and thinks of Aleksandr - a sharp and painful joy that he has finally returned to her. It was enough to rouse her completely from her sleep and get those first few steps in, enough for her to get a better look at who it was.

No, not a ghost from her past - a stranger.

It put Alysanne on edge, to see someone so deep within the borders that she did not recognize. Was this a face she had lost track of in her absence (mentally, not physically) or was it a newcomer? Or someone that had wandered in, uninvited. She thought that there were supposed to be patrols to stop this sort of thing, warriors keeping a tab on the land borders of the Edge so that they were protected. EIther they had slipped in their duties or he was a recognized face.

Well, considering how she was trying to make an attempt to return to her once-self, that cheerful Alysanne who had made it a point to meet and befriend every single face in the Edge, whatever reason the dark unicorn had for being in the Edge there was only one way she was going to find out.

Careful not to disturb the still-sleeping owl that was nestled for warmth into her folded wings, she moved through the trees until she was close enough to feel somewhat certain that he would notice her.

“Hello, I don’t believe we’ve met? I’m Alysanne.” She didn’t want to ask what he was doing here in the Edge because if he was already a member, that would be incredibly embarrassing on her part - and she was hoping to keep the embarrassing moments to a minimum this year.

alysanne & hemlock

image credits

@Entia
hope you don't mind another one of my characters <33
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu & Mbwene
Ears perked forward, navy eyes peered through the trees as the dark and murky form that materialized in the mists. It grows more and more defined as his massive form approached— the jagged spire jutting from it strangely familiar… “Entia?” though he was still a ways off from the ocean-loving stallion, his rumbling boom bounces through the trees.

But, as he approaches, any more words are caught in his teeth as he shifted around trees and cleared his view of Alysanne. His lips purse minutely for a moment, before a soft sigh leaves his nostrils and his muzzle relaxes. Dark eyes seek out the vivid green beauty of Aly’s gaze, a silent nod given to the dual-hued pegasus. “Alysanne,” he murmurs carefully in greeting, closely studying her face for a reaction before turnings attention to the newcomer.

“It is good to see you again, Entia. I am glad you’ve come to the Edge,” his voice grows louder and easier as he speaks to the white-masked stud, face warming and edges of his thick lips tilting up, “Though times have changed since we last met. I am now King here. And, Alysanne,” his eyes and flick to the woman’s black face, “is our head Moon Doctor of the herd.”

His rumble paused, as he took a half-step backwards, massive shoulders inviting him further into the herdlands. “Shall we show the good man the Edge’s hospitality?” Again, navy eyes flick to Aly as he questions, attempting to draw her into conversing with him before looking back to Entia, “Assuming, of course, that you wish to join us and call the Edge your home?”

Mbwene, having been left behind in his sweeping strides through the trees, arrives with an annoyed, harrumping snort from her long trunk, grouchy eyes first pinning the troublesome piebald woman with a glower before shifting to a curious look at the new, broken-horned man. Her slowly-growing ears flapped a greeting as her trunk waved.

@Entia sorry but with Aly & Tembo here, it's gonna get

Please tag Tembovu.

Entia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Entia

line here
Being here alone, watching the others in silence, was a peculiar thing. Yet, it seems of late, Entia was more ill-fated than he had been. On his leave from Helovia during a visit to a friend, he had alienated her from his side, yet here in the Edge he felt better. Though, really, he didn't know any of those who were stretched out before him. Well, not well enough – he knew Mauja, and he needed to have that conversation with him sometime. And there was a Tembovu in there somewhere he believed, but he had met him on a beach so Entia may just be a crazy creature thinking along these lines. He had no idea.

He wasn't along for long, at least. His head bowed slightly, he tilted it about and watched her closely. She was winged, grey and black and quite lovely to him, and he thought he could just see the edge of feathers that were not her own; feathers of a companion. Entia grinned at this sight, as his gaze popped to hers.

Entia had been about to answer, when his gaze shifts to see the large stallion striding towards them, seeming to give the mare a look that was less friendly than the one he gave himself, but he didn't say anything about it. Instead, Entia listens to what he has to say – the now king, his eyes widen in a little surprise, but a good surprised – and then suddenly there is an elephant with Tembovu. Entia cannot helped but cock his head, mismatched eyes shining with a very surprised look, before he gives a grin, first to the elephant.

“Well ain't you cute,” he says to her first, before he looks around to both Tembovu and Alysanne. He gave his smile and a greeting to her first, “We have now, and it is quite the pleasure my lady... Alysanne, was it?” he speaks, voice warm. He looks to Tembovu again.

“It is good to see you again, and how much you have advanced here... and may I ask, I know you said doctor and all but what does a moon doctor do? I can't really imagine you carrying for a lump of glowing rock, though that would be a sight...” he amuses himself, looking to Alysanne as he speaks, with a grin on his face.

Then it is gone, and he nods his head. “Aye, I am here to become a part of this herd. I think the Edge will be a stellar place to live, and I'll find my way in it in time,” he says, nodding. “Since you're keen to keep me, of course. So much like my old home was... it's lovely. Is there anything else I should know?”

He is silent for a moment, looking from the King to Alysanne the moon doctor... and he adds on, “Oh, I should say … thank you both for the fantastic welcoming,” as the grin is there, manic and Entia all over it.

@Alysanne @Tembovu Entia is good with dealing with hawkward... we shall see how it goessss yes :D:D Yay to both!

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

we heal with love

Of course Tembovu was there. Her ears flick toward his approach first before her gaze reluctantly followed, a slight rustling of the feathers on her wings the only sign she allowed herself that things were not perfectly pleasant between her and the king. She was quick to follow it with a smile, gracious (if hollow), and a quick nod in greeting. She couldn’t very well ignore him.

But even that gracious smile was no match for the words that came from the stranger. Entia. The compliment surprised her, small as it was, and effectively caused her to release what little control she had over the expression on her face as her eyes widened and her mouth tugged into a small, embarrassed smile which she quickly erased when she remembered Tembovu was there. Ducking her head she completely forgot to make any sort of response beyond that childish display. Straightening back up, she regained her composure - but the smile in her eyes was a little more genuine this time. “The pleasure is all mine, Entia.” She didn’t miss how Tembovu had introduced her as the head Moon Doctor - wondering if that was some sort of reaction to her small speech at the herd meeting.

Her laughter was light and easy when Entia asked about what a moon doctor did, and described what imagery came with it. “That would be a sight, you’re right! But our patron the Moon Goddess gives me the magic I use to heal the sick and injured - I suppose naming the position in her honour was some small repayment.” Hardly as interesting as using a lump of glowing rock as her healing method but an explanation still.

She couldn’t ignore one stallion for the sake of the other for long, though, and Tembovu spoke to her - drawing her green gaze away from Entia. “Happily.” She smiled at Tembovu - a little forced but finding it easier to be around him when there was someone else to focus on, so she let herself be drawn into conversation. She followed his guide and stepped backward, motioning with a smile for Entia to walk with them - carefully waiting to ensure that their returned herd mate was between her and the king.

Entia’s manners were refreshing and she smiled back at him as he thanked them both for welcoming him. “Of course, Entia. I’m glad you’ve decided to come back.” Although even as she said the words they felt ridiculous. Was it really all it took to turn her into a giggling, cheerful mare a few kind words and some kind smiles turned her way? She wasn’t sure how long he had been gone so she would let Tembovu answer the question of what had happened since had left - her gaze instead shifting to the small elephant that harrumphed as she arrived on the scene. Certainly no stranger to glowers coming from small, adorable creatures (Hemlock often made use of them), the mare’s only response was a soft sigh before she turned her attention back to the pair at her side.

alysanne & hemlock

image credits

Entia gets an A+ for managing the hawkward xD
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu & Mbwene
At the attention and endearing tone the tall, dark stallion aimed towards her, she trumpeted proudly (pointedly glaring at Alysanne; this was how you properly greeted an elephant calf, she should take note), trunk raising towards the man’s muzzle. Most others had offered her a muzzle to bump or touch with her trunk, so she assumed this man would do the same.

Tembovu remained quiet as Entia addressed the Doctor with warmth— though he took note of how the monochrome beauty blossomed beneath it. Choosing to ignore the irritation the bloomed in him (if he had turned such a tone on her, he was certain he would receive a hoof to the mouth), he simply allowed the two to exchange words, biding his time until he could enter the conversation again. Idly (or not so idly) his mind mulled over this predicament with the Doctor… it would need to be addressed at a later time.

His booming laugh at Entia’s imagery of a Moon Doctor faded as his ears twitched at her laugh, further having to ignore his mounting ire. To give her King such a cold shoulder, in such contrast to the open and warm welcome given to Entia— a shot sigh escaped his nostrils.

Though, as his friend revealed that he is, indeed, joining the Edge, a true grin crosses his muzzle, answering his question on a low roll, “There isn’t much else. We expect attendance at herd meetings, which happen every season. If you choose to join a rank— there are crafters, healers,” his horn motioned towards Alysanne, “sleuths, and wise ones— then you will attend the leaders of those ranks. We’ve an alliance with Aurora Basin, currently, so try to not start any brawls with them,” he grinned lopsidedly.

His grin grew at Entia’s own grin and look between the King and the Doctor— clearly picking up on the tension. Though he only chuckled quietly and nodded, echoing the simpering welcome of Alysanne, allowing her to place the black, powerful stallion between them as they walked further into the Edge. “The mists often shrouds the cliffs, so it is best to take care of them until you are familiar with the Edge. Though, as you said, it is familiar to your old lands, so it shouldn’t take long,” he guided their trio towards the cliffs in question. “Do you have any questions?”

@Entia

Please tag Tembovu.