the Rift

in the very back of your mind

Himalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Himalia hadn’t really traveled too far. Helovia was always visible within the cascades of her mountainous home, it’s odd, magic-stripping borders occasionally glinting in the night, catching her eye now and again. It made sense to have this defense system in place, but in her mind it rendered weird, as her beings had more physical methods of dealing with any wayward magic wielders. Regardless, she’d always (in the very back of her mind) held onto the idea of Helovia as a safe-haven. Where she’d lived, nothing had ever - not once - gone awry, and thus she’d always found this tiny thought quite weird and out of place in her mind, often feeling guilty for even thinking of another haven as a ‘safe-haven.’ Looking at the way things played out, it’s almost as if the earth itself planted that seed in her brain to subtly warn her of what was to come.

It was morning now, and she stood feet away from the invisible borders, intrigued by the faint buzzing sound they emitted. Impressive, she thought, but a mechanism she found to be quite telling of the realm itself. If this is what someone was capable of applying to the entire border of their realm, what other interesting (or terrifying) oddities lay within? 

Her delicate face extended to brush the air beyond the border, the slight whirring vibration tickling her nose and almost bringing her to a sneeze. Her ears flicked, then her tail, before she took the few steps to pass into Helovia. “Well,” she said aloud to herself, “that experience was truly wasted on me…” Before quickly thinking how completely devastated some who enter must be (to be stripped of something as sacred as magic!), and then regretting her words altogether. 

Thanks for the quick-fix, Neo! I re-did the html, it wasn't displaying here correctly and was making me le sads.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Who might I find crossing the border today!?
Tilney was incredibly cheerful this morning. He had set off before his lord the sun had even hinted his presence over the mountains ridge or set his first streak of colour on the ocean ripples. He had not recruited a helovian successfully as yet, so he hoped perhaps he could try a first-in-best-dressed approach. This was not unusual for Tilney though, He did love to make new friends at the border and offer them a warm face and comfort after what had normally been a long journey for them. 

This journey was the third trip away from the west eh had taken this frostfall. The first had been a jovial wander to the Heart Caves in the south where he had met with an interesting creature and even found his friend Rift. The second had been a complete contradiction to the first; he had journeyed far north to the basin seeking Tiamat the medic. A wonderful time he had had spending each second at Tiamats side learning some ins and outs of healing in their harsh climate. Tilney loved nothing more then to learn, especially from friends. Frostfalls bite was fiercer in the north, but his cloak and collar never left his back.

Dainty feet took him swiftly through the threshold, threading the bronze brute past each trunk and stump. Through creeks the boy ran, over hills until he found himself close to the border. The thought of crossing it terrified him, so he certainly kept his distance. What if he was to leave Helovia and somehow not be able to enter again? He had found a home here and many friends; His entire life was here! What a mess he'd be if he found himself shut out from this place.

It didn't take long for Tilneys verdant gaze to capture a similar copper coloured creature straying in a near by glade. Ears pricking and nares pinned in the fae's direction, Tilney took a ginger walk her way. "Salutations!" The crowned lad cheered to the stranger. It took only a moment before he noticed she came only as herself; no capes or finery. She must be freezing. "M'lady, you must be very cold" he bellowed kindly as he began to unbuckle his loyal green cloak, stepping over to the chestnut girl and draping the warm cloth over her back, hoping she would accept his gesture. The chill bit as his own spine now, but he was warm from his trek and simply did not need it as much as she. "My name is Tilney, a nurse of the Worlds Edge. Welcome to Helovia m'lady, you must be very tired" The boy spoke to her kindly and sincerely, he hoped her journey through the frostfall weather had not caused her to fall ill. It certainly was not an ideal time to travel.

She was small and plain but certainly did not lack beauty. Tilney admired her warm eyes; this doe held a shade in her sight-givers that reminded him of his oldest sister. Dark and exotic. This lass held a curious countenance, she appeared very sweet, though her most intriguing feature was a fang-like horn under her chin. It was something he had not seen the likes of yet, not even in Helovia. 

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

@Himalia - welcome! Neo has fixed your table, it jumbled up the coding a little bit! If you just use what she has put in your above post for your table that would be fab! :)

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Unregistered
The snow crunched, squeaking faintly to her left. Her ears flicked, head snapping toward him in a way that came off nearly feline-esque (though completely unintentional, what with the too-sharp of hearing and all). Back home, she’d heard whispers of supremely unique variants of their species, herself having only ever witnessed the single-horned messengers who visited her father. Never before had she seen another unicorn with such formidable…antlers. For a second, her eyes were glued to them, to him; that bolt-like slash on his breast and his overall stature nearly overwhelming. She felt like a baby, utterly overstimulated by all of this newness and magic—but only for a moment.

“Oh…thank you, definitely a bit chilly,” she sighed politely, unable to avert such a gesture even if she’d liked. Her face tilted up toward his own, and she smiled gently, comfortably buried within this cloak of his. It smelled of the wood, like warm oak and sweet sap and earth, something that immediately comforted her. “Quite interesting timing to be traveling on my own, I know,” she said, self-deprecation slightly evident in her voice. They all knew no one made solitary treks in winter, and the obviousness of the fact that she likely had no choice to do so was something that made her stomach stir uncomfortably. However, she hid this quite well with the unusually polite demeanor that was beaming right out of her little body.

“Tilney,” a soft smile, “I’m Himalia. Thank you, really, for the warm welcome—and I do mean that quite literally,” she laughed. “A nurse, you say? The World’s Edge?” her eyes flitted around their current scenery situation, deducing that there were no edges in sight (just snow and trees, so many trees). “Must be a bit far from here, no?”

@Tilney Thank you! I ended up changing it, I'm not used to HTML on this type of forum so some tweaking had to be done ;)

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Friendly was the copper stranger, curious but timid as she seemed. She had such a sunny eye and Tilney could tell she had an even happier spirit. Perhaps if this familiar spirit would be as easily recruited as he hoped they could become friends! The bronze girls thanks for his cloak made his grin wider, his heart warmer. Kind. Thats what she was. "A bit chilly doesn't even cut it!" Tilney teased, his bellow bouncing off the naked trees. "Are you far from home? No one should be caught out here without a coat!" Perhaps that was an exaggeration; a cloak was somewhat of a luxury, but it was a luxury that after two frostfalls of owning one he would be very sad to part with it.

He took the opportunity to reach back towards her whither and took up a ripple of the cloak and attempted to toss it gingerly over her her rump and neck. It was much too big for her, but it would definitely keep her warm! "There" he whispered almost totally inaudibly, stepping right back and following his footsteps back between the trees, hoping she would follow. Finally she spoke her name; It was Himalia. "Himalia! A beautiful name. I can't say I've heard that one before... And you are very very welcome; You looked like you were about to freeze over like an icicle!" 

As he trod between pine and fir he noticed just ho small Himalia actually was. She must struggle to walk in the deep snow with legs so much shorter then his. He began to kick the snow out in front of him, creating a trail in which she could follow without having to plow through any sleet. "Yes, a nurse! I am learning how to heal sicknesses and treat wounds. Its a wonderful career, I especially love collecting herbs and flowers to study! and Alyssane is very kind, she is a Moon Doctor. I hope to be a Moon Doctor one day too!" he was so excited to be talking to someone about his profession that by the end of the sentence he had begun to shout, and he only got louder when he continued on about the edge "Oh the Edge! yes, to say it is a trek might be an understatement... it only happens to be on the opposite side of Helovia! But I think it's the most beautiful place in Helovia; the west, that is!" He stopped in his tracks to look back at the ginger girl, green eyes bright and starry. "We make our homes in the forest above ocean cliffs. The sea mist makes Tallsun very pleasant, but a little foggy in frostfall. Mother Moon watches over us, and King Tembovu and Queen Elsa are ever so kind!"

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

your coding is beautiful! also with tagging, its pretty sensitive but usually it works if you put a space after it and maybe another one before you type any OOC comments! either that or put the OOC comments (if any) before the tag, put the tag on a new line and leave a space after (this for some reason is the most important step, it likes spaces?)!
@Himalia

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Unregistered

A throaty laugh escaped her chest, the smile on her face wrinkling the corners of her acorn-hued eyes. “Thank you! And, well, while I’d love to turn this horn of mine into an icicle, a girl of the mountains never catches the same chill as others,” she replied wryly, falling into step as he began to clear a path for her. 

Himalia thoroughly enjoyed his company, and the return burst of kindness from her was rather out of turn these days, though not something she was a stranger to. Perhaps it was the how he came beaming toward her from the forest with that broad smile slapped on his face, or when he threw his own cloak over her and refused to continue on without making sure she was coddled and comforted to perfection. There was something very genuine about his type of way, something that was rare and hard to pinpoint, something that made her purposely leave her walls down. He was completely normal, and it was refreshing.

Quietly did she follow behind him, small in comparison to both he and the ice around them, though not meek about it at all. Where she’d grown up, everyone was about the same size, and thus she’d never felt delicate or dainty about her stature (especially given her childhood, which consisted largely of defense training... but that’s a story for another time).

“How interesting,” she said softly, genuinely impressed by his physician’s brain and his hunger to expand it even further, “I’ve never been one for healing, I’ve always had this weird worry that I’d feel terrible for life if I pulled the wrong move and made the suffering worse. That, and I'm not good with injuries and such... Lots of fainting from my end, to put it bluntly,” she laughed.

“So, this home of yours, Tilney,” she continued, her voice fading as she paused briefly to scratch at her chest with that backward-horn of hers and adjust the cloak once more, “I’ve heard nothing treats a deep-rooted shiver quite like a good hike…” she said with a smirk.

Okay cool! I'm gonna try again and see if it works. Also, feel free to continue this here or over at World's Edge, she's super down for that island life.

@Tilney  

^ well, an attempt was made, and the tag-saga continues...lol