the Rift

[PRIVATE] Not What We Asked For

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Aric

As shadows are birthed from the dusk she watched them approach. Her skin twitched as she thought of the seasons that had passed since their last meeting. The nobleblood, Aleallus, stepped out a few steps behind his guards. He was a pegasus who had more riches than what he knew to do with and he had been determined to press his boundaries. Aleallus was so rich that he believed he could throw his worth against the laws of the land to get what he wanted. The impressively winged stallion wanted a companion to match his own plumage but had decided he wanted to bond with a creature more exotic, more worthy of his status, than a what simple bird would be. Despite being told that it was not possible Aleallus wanted a Gryphon. A lion of the softest cream color with wings like his own.

Aric was a beast tamer. That was the truth but she had been bluffing whenever she told those that she was meeting that she had been the best. Aric's version of the 'truth' was as crooked as the horn upon her brow. The mare had failed to be a beast tamer worthy of residing in her mother's shadow. Aric had decided to leave her home for someplace new after a Masked Wisp that she had 'tamed' swallowed the companion of the one who had commissioned her to tame it whole.

Since leaving she had been hired for much simpler tasks. Tame a squirrell, tame a songbird, tame a whispering fae. Once she had even been asked to tame a fish, a little thrown off by the request she had simply bottled the animal, but this request had not been so simple. Aric bore the scars to attest to that. She had been unable to find a Gryphon of the correct coloring so she had decided that she would breed for one. A female was found with the correct coloring and a dark colored male was found with the correct wings. None of the already hatched offspring had been right; one had only a single wing, another with no wings, there had been one who had been right but that had been still with death shortly after hatching. The egg at Aric’s hooves was the last that she had been provided with before the Gryphon mating pair had escaped from her.

"Eric long ha--" Aleallus seemed to be genuinely stumped by her protesting how he said her name. He was so accustomed to his way being undisputed.

"AH-ric," she eyed the stallions without any friendliness,"My name is Aric." He could at least say her name correctly.

"But I like the sound of Eric more." The pegasus looked to his guards for guidance. Aric sighed and chewed on her lip. She was eager to hand the egg over and to head out of the reach of the stallions before her. Doubt filled her whenever it came to the quality of the beast within the egg. Aric did not care to be anywhere close whenever Aleallus would find out she had failed.

"Welp.." she nosed the egg over to the hooves of the nobleblood. "This is what you requested. It should hatch soon. I am going to head out. Business calls." She dipped her head with her crooked horn making the formal motion look almost goofy.

"Not until it hatches." It was no wonder that the guards were only called 'the twins'; there was no point in separating them by name. The pair only echoed one another. Aric mouthed what she assumed the second would follow with and rolled her eyes. "It has to hatch first." Aric gave herself a tally for having correctly guessed. She had only been one word off from guessing it word for word. "It could be a week before it hatches." She did her best not to show her discomfort. For all she knew it may not ever hatch. "If it does not hatch within two weeks then seek me out where you found me the first ti--"

Fate frowned upon her. As the guards stepped forward to stop Aric's retreat the egg wobbled towards her too. Silently she said a prayer to the gods that it would not hatch yet. Aleallus dramatically fell to his knees before the egg. He was consumed by his eagerness.

The egg did hatch. Through the crack there first came a single feather. On that feather Aric's hopes soared! Perhaps this egg would be her miracle. All of those gathered, except for Aleallus who babbled, froze with eyes on the egg. Aric stood still poised to flee and the guards merely craned their necks to look behind.

Out of the egg came a dark coated lion cub. No wings in sight. No traits of a gryphon whatsoever save for the feather. What is this?! Aleallus' shrill shriek woke everyone from where they stood frozen. Aric tried to dash away but the guards slammed into her knocking her to the ground. Could you not even get the color right? The noble pegasus lurched to his hooves. He spit at the cub and turned a suddenly cold gaze to where Aric lay. What are we to do about this situation?

"Obviously a lion cub." Aric cursed her sarcastic tongue as a hoof belonging to one of the guards struck her and tensed up for the copy cat blow that she knew would follow.

Crooked Born
Image Credit

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen

Oultik

"I don't need your tears
I don't want your love
I've just got to get home."

Flames form a wicked halo above Oultik’s brow. Just enough to catch everyone’s attention; nothing more and nothing less. Once all eyes turn on him Oultik steps from the edge of the forest with far more threatening flames in his searing gaze. “I have been debating,” he drawled his words out cooly as he strut towards the pegasus that he had heard be called Aleallus, “about how I want to handle this situation.” A dark chuckle leapt forth as the two guards stepped between Oultik and their charge. The unicorn mare looked to Oultik with wide eyes. He gave her a nod and she shot off.

“You will handle it by leaving.”
“Or else!”

Oultik shook his head while looking towards the sky. His lips moved in some unheard prayer that one would think to be for patience, but for Oultik it was all for show; all a part of his plan for a touch of dramatic flair. He then allowed his face to crumple in mock distress. Was that actually the best that the pair could come up with? “Is that all you have to say?” His eyes flit between the two, brows lifted in the appearance of genuinely caring about any additions the dimwits might have to give. "You nee-" "None? Well then," he spoke before giving either much of a chance to speak any further. “You,” the man turned to the first that had spoken, “are correct. I will be leaving.”

Oultik was without any desire to spend time among the trio that pained him to even set eye upon. “And you,” the man gave no warning before unleashing his flames upon the second, “obviously have no idea who you are talking to.” While the pegasus dropped to his knees in agony the other guard stepped out of the way as Oultik once more tried to reach Aleallus. “Tsk Tsk. Unconditional loyalty,” Oultik came to stand smugly before the high ranking pegasi,“is such a -hard- thing to come by.” It was almost impossible to find any who would walk through fire for another; Oultik knew that to be true, he had seen many moments like this one. Aleallus wrinkled his nose at the smell of burnt flesh but obviously harbored more fear for himself than concern for his guard.

"Leave. Or face the same as your guard." Set to moving by Oultik’s words the pegasi who had enough riches to provide anything for himself, except for courage, fled from the poor one who only had his flames and dagger. Oultik’s face truly fell and broke as the coward’s hooves still struck the mewling cub who then fell silent. His eyes had lit with a weak fire, quick to burn out, towards Aleallus. Oultik felt too shattered to pursue the pegasus.

Aleallus was only what Oultik knew all pegasi to be; dastardly beings unfit to breathe clean air. Pegasi kind did not belong in the clear blue skies, they were hellions belonging to the greatest depths of hell. However, the cub had been a reminder of all Oultik had lost to the fire of the pegasi from so many years ago. The young one that Oultik dropped to his knees to curl around would be another harrowing moment to fuel his hatred; hatred towards himself for doing too little and hatred towards the race who sent all things awry. Oultik buried his eyes into the lion cub's coat and sobbed like a colt. Strange was his attachment to the lion. The pull the creature had upon the unicorn was unlike any he had ever felt.

[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
A blinding red light surrounded Oultik and the cub. It shielded them from the living guard who thought to seek out revenge for his twin who succumbed to the burns Oultik gave.

“Cuka. Tra reka ek kserr krakr. Druvm daosr bae kae vosark." Come. The life is still fresh. Drown death by my waters. A spirit belonging to one of the rubies in the red water called out to the broken stallion and the still child. “Crreksam rar em sra daav rad vosar. Arruv saork uk aeuir uvm su kemsra omd ksramssram sraka vosark. Tram kub kur mu rumsar kur sra cib krorr reqa.” Christen her in the deep red water. Allow tears of your own to mingle and strengthen these waters. Then sob for no longer for the cub shall live.

“A vrukeka basvaam aeui, sra cib, omd I ek koda rara. Tra vosark ora vesmakk. Omca kra vodak omd aeui roqa mokad rar crikr sraka sakk vesr aeuir ruuqak omd kvremdra sra rakoemk uk uma em rar kerks dremd omd aeui dremd sra usrar.” A promise between you, the cub, and I is made here. The waters are witness. Once she wakes and you have named her crush these gems with your hooves and sprinkle the remains of one in her first drink and you drink the other.

"Du srek um aqarae kuumrakk mesrs omd reka verr kerr sra reum'k rimsk. Is kiks ba ribeak kruk srek vosar sros ora ikad sruisr. A kemsra Nav kuum vesruis srek resior verr orruv sra braosr uk reka su raoqa rar umca kura. Haad kae vurdk!" Do this on every moonless night and life will fill the lion's lungs. It must be rubies from this water that are used though. It is to be a tribute to the merciful life gift. Should tribute not be made life given can be taken. Heed my words!

The spirit had no control over life or death. She knew the cub to only be unconscious and with a broken leg but in order for her life to continue in such luxury she needed those who knew of and offered her their thanks. Should her presence in the ruby pool be forgotten she would be lowered to looking after another rain puddle somewhere. The sprite had worked too hard for the permanent promotion to be demoted.

As the voice faded so did the light. Once it was gone neither the living guard nor the body of the other was in sight.