the Rift

[OPEN] soft as stars

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
well someday soon when the spring brings the sun
i'll sleep, i'll finally
feel better when the winter's gone
sikeax
Moonlight filters through the treetops, slipping between empty, lifeless branches that are trying to reach out to one another but can’t seem to make the grasp. In the belly of the east, the world feels bottomless, almost pit-like, something that has people and bodies and existences falling endlessly, never seeing one another as they plummet at different speeds. The feeling of loneliness is almost enough to want her to head back home. Hobgoblin’s light embrace is tired, the weight of the day bearing down on his shoulders at last. His black body is drawn out over her back, resting with yellow eyes hidden behind bars of ebony eyelids, tail limping hanging down her side.
She thinks about asking him if he’s awake. He’s faked sleeping before, simply lounging for the sake of it. That feeling is starting to creep it’s way in.
Hobgoblin?
The wait feels like forever, counting each step that she makes as her hips move in a gentle motion, swaying slightly. Seconds tick by, or is it minutes? No birds sing in the night, the owls show no interest in speaking, and the bats seem to have left the face of the earth. What snow that she steps in soft and weak, thin as glass, breaking and crying when she walks upon it’s frail skin.
Hobgoblin doesn’t reply. He doesn’t even stir.
For a moment, the idea of changing her pace to a rougher gait seemed like a good way to wake him, to cure the feeling of being a single soul(again) so that the world wouldn’t seem as dead as it was.
She should've opted on taking a partner, or Zhu. Anyone, even Amara. While the time spent with the winged mare was heavy, hours on end spent on doing nothing more than sleeping near to her body, grazing close enough that if one was to lean to one side, they might br-
Something drags across her side, the sensation of crawling skin and shivers running down her spine almost leaps her into a panic response.
My horn must be a beacon.
She almost bolts, jumping enough that Hobgoblin stirs with nothing more than a whine, lifting his head and checking to see if they were still within the sea of trees.
“Why You wake?”
I didn’t mean to. Something touched me.
“Bush scariest of all. Bush eat You. Bush eat Sia.”

Within his taunts does she finally feel embarrassed, leaning forward with the light of her horn to inspect what had touched her side. He wasn’t wrong. Just a bush without it’s leaves, dying in the cold of Frostfall. Mist escaping from her nostrils glows blue before her before it fades.
“Bush gonna kill You.”
She’d rather be back home than here, with Zhu, with Amara, with all the safety she could manage to find.

OOC: Patrol thread for the DT.
Open to anyone!

"Talk."
image credits

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen

Oultik was knelt on his forelegs trying to clear out a part of the bush to hide the lion cub and his dagger. Grabbing another branch to snap away he jerked back whenever a thorn that was on it dug into his lip. He jerked away so quickly he slammed his head against the neighboring tree. "Fuc-" The man stilled as such an outburst threatened to leap from his lips so easily, "Fun. This is so fun." He did not care for swear words in general and much less so when in the presence of the young. Muttering unpleasantries to himself Oultik backed up and stood. He shook trying to free himself from the leaves and twigs that were ensnared by his mane.

As he shook fresh blood came from the old cut, where Megaera's armor had sliced him, and splattered against a nearby tree. The gash had been closed up and was healing nicely but while Oultik had been so preoccupied with figuring out how to care for Erakro another had taken advantage of him. A stallion had gotten into a scuffle with Oultik and had knocked him unconscious. From there the brute had taken his dragon and in doing so had knocked and reawakened the wound.

A tight smile crossed his features as he turned to see Erakro sleeping soundly. Oultik watched as her sides rose and fell in the steady rhythm of deep sleep. So long he stood and watched her that his own breathing began to match hers. Bending Oultik rubbed his head on his foreleg trying to end the bleeding before waking the lion cub. Walking to Erakro he gently tried straightening a cow lick that she seemed to keep. "Wake." The unruly hair only popped back up.

Oultik stiffened as movement caught his eye. His breath suddenly become jagged and uneven. Could it be the one who had wronged him coming back for what he had left? The lion cub barely had time to wake up before she was being tossed into the cleared out area of the bush. Next to Erakro Oultik placed Krisorau, his dagger. He would fight to the death to protect the pair. Already briskly moving towards the blue glow that announced the presence of a stranger Oultik turned his head to make sure that his remaining treasures were tucked away.

Worry for who the stranger may be faded once he reached her. "Some are not fortunate enough to survive Frostfall." Oultik stood on the opposite side of the bush that the mare inspected. Though he felt no threat from the woman he planned to be prepared should she be in line with he who had robbed him earlier. Oultik's face was eerily lit by the glow of the her horn and his scrutinizing eyes appeared to be all the more blue when touched by her light. "I am--," he thought of introducing himself but thought better of it. Already he seemed to have made enemies. "In search of a healer." Oultik offered no explanation for his halting speech; only a smile did he offer. "If you know your way about this forest could you direct my companion and I to the nearest medic?"

Blood still oozed from the cut reopened. It did not concern him. A head wound would bleed profusely, it could not be helped. It was Erakro that left his head throbbing. Oultik was no healer but he knew that the cub's leg was broken. He was also painfully aware of the threat it posed. If the bone was unable to be reset and heal then the lion would have no chance at life. No different than himself if he had a limb destroyed beyond repair. Life, as Oultik knew all too well, was fragile for all.

@Sikeax
[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Shahrokh Posts: 19
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 2 years
dark
heyyo this baby is lost and upset and oh boy first shah post in months  --

Mama told me solemnly that she no longer desired to stay within the confines of the Throat, that she was better off somewhere else— somewhere where she felt less useless, where she wasn't surrounded by memories of Aurelia or her failures. An outcast, she said, that is what she would become because that is what she is. She told me that now that I was weaned and could manage on my own, she'll be taking her leave and I can choose to do as I like— whether it be to follow her or stay behind with the sands I'd come to call home. There was nothing left for her here, and with those final words she whispered her goodbyes.  I didn't speak as she kissed my forehead for what I could only assume would be the last time, did not flinch as her wings encompassed me in a distant embrace, and only after the sound of her thundering hooves faded into the distance did I cry. 

It was first only one isolated tear, slipping down my cheek in quiet solitude. It was pursued quickly by two more, then four and finally they all came tumbling down, one over the other— my panic settled instantly, erratically bringing ruin to my existence as my knees had bucked and I'd crumbled to the earth without further thought. I accepted the sand's embrace, the irritating kisses of the grains to my wet cheeks and the sweltering sun bitterly caressing my sorrowful features. 

And so I stayed there, for how long I do not know, but I remained for a long time by the way my joints stiffened and protested to movement. I shook and trembled, reduced to nothing but heartbreak in the presence of the Throat's sands. I was a feeble child, whose abandonment would be his downfall. I would suffer here quietly until the earth took me in, until my sorrow melted me down into nothing but a pitiful stain of distress. It took me a great deal to even try and pull myself together, to stop the wailing and uncontrollable sobbing and terrified quaking of my limbs— even days after my trembling has not ceased, a constant reminder of how foolishly weak I have become under the prospect of loneliness. 

In an attempt to get away from the reminder of Mama's goodbyes, I tried to fly. Yseult was not here to help me now, her guidance greatly missed as I flew through the open expanse that was the sky, wingtips grazing the moisture of clouds as I struggled to maintain a steady course. There was no way to tell where I was going, just the dreadful whistling of winds and threats of frostbite to tell me that at least I was still trapped in Helovia's Frostfall climate. 

My landing was painful and disastrous, somersaulting my way along a prickly ground until I hit a solid object. I lay on my back, huffing a great deal as my wings twitched openly at my sides, littered with dirt and debris I'd picked up along the way. Everything burned with the unfamiliarity of long flights and the force of my impact, a mess of bruises and scrapes scattered over my skin. I did not whimper despite the obvious pain I was in, and made no attempt to rise as my heart raced with the terror of descent. I lay vulnerable, attempting to regulate my breathing while trying to figure out where I was and what I'd crashed into. By wiggling my hind end I noticed the grossly rough texture of the object, that it was tall and somewhat round— a tree? My brows narrow as I fail to think of anywhere I'd been before that had trees, but nothing comes to mind. “Where am I?”
“talk talk talk.”
-- table by velvette --
[Image: dark1_by_schwartze-d8al7s3.png]
and this is the world as i see it now,
turns out nothing is fair