the Rift

[PRIVATE] Blood's My Lipstick; Dust's My Blush

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera
may the sun never set on you
Megaera crossed the wide moat still running on the high octane rush of the fight. That is, if one could even call it a real fight… The mud-patched stallion had been caught with a Dragon’s Throat healer in his sights and Meg had taken him to task for such a folly--though the end of their encounter had been far from satisfactory. Replaying it in her mind only made the wild mare gnash her teeth in frustration. A real warrior would have met me in combat! Dirty, skulking little cretin! The stallion had slunk and simpered making a jumble of asinine comments that had only served to enrage the Sultana. Where there had been so much satisfaction in that initial blow, (the one that had left a wide blaze and webbing lines of drying blood crossing her steel helm) the coward had refused to meet her challenge with more that a few petty swipes. 

She touched down in the familiar cooled sands and, though that should have meant relief for any ailment, she still had a horrible itch that refused to be scratched. The stranger had managed to evade an out-and-out brawl with the Sultana, but that had left Megaera hopped up on adrenaline with no use for it and no means of expending the extra energy. Even her armor cried out for blood. Only the helm had been christened in the blood of her enemy though both she and her armor were coated in the this red dust of the souther region and underneath the leather she was washed in a thin layer of sweat. As disappointing as her opponent had been, there was still a smug sort of satisfaction in driving off the beast. She was the Sunspear, and none could say she let her family come under threat without a fight! She aimed her high-strung step towards the center of the island, maybe someone there would give her a decent fight.
"."
ooc:: Set after her confrontation with Oultik
Image Credit

@Einarr
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Einarr
Tonight I'll sign my blood on the leather and bleed together to find our own separate ways

The Gladiator had been patrolling long hours lately, coming in just as the sun disappeared fully beneath the horizon to nestle his children to their mother's side and heighten their security. Today, his patrols brought him back to the island early and disappointed. Nothing had happened while he soared over the wilds. Although it could be true that he should find satisfaction in this, Einarr was left wanting more.

Sienna eyes scanned the desert sands as he flew over them, seeing his warriors move and patrol and spar. He snorted his satisfaction, deciding he needed to move toward the Arena to offer himself up for a battle of brethren. He did not find any wanting warriors there, however, as he circled to land. Instead he found the Sultana, his mare, kicking out her frustrations. The pent-up energy of war pushed off of her in waves and hit Einarr like a brick wall as his cloven toes touched the packed sands of the Arena. "Megaera." He spoke her name just above a whisper, no booming echo that normally fell from his maw like thunder.

Something was different.

Burnt red eyes narrowed as he scrutinized the warrior queen. He raised his head, ears perking forward, and wings leveling hesitantly. They had already embraced each other in a spar, and when Megaera had called for that with her body it had been different. There was aggression beneath her taught, brown hide, but it was not the aggression to injure. Perhaps Einarr was reading into her for his own desires, but there was some raging spark in her eye and in her scent that he recognized well.

He had used it to sire twins.

Without hesitation, his broad neck arched and his wings lifted. "Megaera." He breathed again, tail slapping against his hocks as he trotted to close the distance. His black knees, caked carelessly with the desert red sand, lifted high to nearly meet his chest. Muscles tightened beneath inky skin, his entirety screaming that he was what she desired.

Image Credits

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Megaera

He was there… of course he was…  

Had she been more feline, Megaera would have purred at the warm rush of feeling. It was the fire that burned in her chest, fanned my his mighty wings, fueled by his presence and each day it was only Einarr that stoked it higher. What would she be now without him? He who challenged her, guarded her, gave life to her children. It had come on so slowly that Meg had never thought to guard against it; ‘in the middle before she knew she had begun’ perhaps—but what she hadn’t looked for or anticipated was a stallion who somehow meant the world, and she would thank the sun and the luckiest of stars that he had come into her life.

The whisper pulled her attention as quickly as a thunderclap, and she new in an instant that perhaps a knock-down drag-out fight wasn’t the only way to satisfy her. Her gait shifted, picking up an exaggerated trot, and for once the wanton nature of her desert blood shown through, gilded by the her own fierce pride. Her wings spread; glossy feathers shaking off dust and catching sunlight instead. The rays flashed on the steel that wasn’t stained red when she gave a toss of her head and her inky tail whipped at the leather-clad flanks. Every move was ostentatious; looks how fierce I am, look how strong…

Gone was the hesitancy, the timid inexperience that had waited for his demand. She advanced, helping him to close the gap but shifting to pass and slowing her pace She kept their bodies close enough so that the spines of dragon bone that crested her shoulder scraped delicately along his side, following the line of insistent bites left by her trailing teeth. She curled herself around his hindquarters and moved to mirror the journey along his other side. Wings pressed against wings, body against body but it was suddenly maddening that she was separated from him, even by her beloved leathers. When she came level with him she reached to try and tug the stands of mane behind his ears. “Help me.” She left the raspy whisper of her own and sidestepped angling herself away to create room. The main fastening of her armor was at the girth and she pulled her left knee toward her best to expose it.

ooc:: @-Einarr Two things I will not apologies for: 1. shameless quoting of pride and prejudice 2. straps and buckles ;D
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Time
Einarr
Tonight I'll sign my blood on the leather and bleed together to find our own separate ways

He knows her.

He has learned her. He was watched her. His burnt sienna eyes know each curve of her muscle, each twitch of her skin, each hair that lay across her battle-trained frame.

She belonged to him, and he to her.

He was as drunk for her, in this moment and in his entirety, just as she was drunk for him.

She just did not know it herself yet. He decided he would drag it from her in the most desirable way.

His skin felt like fire as her shoulder brushed against his, and he growled lowly. He snaked his arched neck over to lay a nip on her croup, but the woman was already moving away from him. She wanted to dance. Cloven hooves reached to the sky as he reared slightly, lashing out at the empty space where the mare once was. He armor felt like ice as it touched his lava skin, and he roared. Cloven hooves touched the hard earth once more and he pushed off, shoving towards her roughly.

Help me she begged of him, and a small shudder ran between his wings and down his spine. Snapping his wings upwards, Einarr reached forward toward the buckle with his inky lips. He was hasty in his attempt to remove the armor, but he demanded that his effort would not be in vain. He needed to feel her skin on his, to embrace that memory of fire against fire. They were two volcanos, erupting with all the viciousness and fire of the world.

Black lips worked at the buckle but his body moved towards her, wings open to embrace her fully like a dark angel looming over her, his pupils wide with his desire.

Image Credits

Megaera

She felt his lips tug at the buckle, teasing at the sensitive skin there, and her own lips reached to the opposite side to unclasp the strap that held the breastplate in place. One, two, three more little fastenings she pulled free, impatient to remove all barriers between them, and then grasped one of the spines upon her shoulder to tug the leathers away. They slid from her back, sliding over her shoulders into a heap on the ground.

Meg shifted, stepped and—newly free of her hard shell—moved into his embrace. Black wings surrounded her, sheltered her, blocked out everything but Einarr. In them she felt small, small but powerful; precious and protected and strong. Her face found the mighty curve of his neck and her own wings lifted to press against his. They did not shove the inky black feathers away but raised to touch them, grasp them.

Had she known what it was to burn? She, who had met fire in every possible form… She had nearly been claimed by magma, had been healed by flaming wings. She had prayed and been comforted by the diviner’s fire. She had wielded sunlight itself, but Megaera had never burned like this.

How? she wanted to beg answers from him but could not find the words or the courage yet to bear her soul so open. How could their fires burn so bright for each other, how could they match so perfectly. How could he be so rough with her, so hard, and not once cause her any fear? How could she need him as much as she did? How could she know that need would never stop?

Her mouth ran, insistent, along the his neck, pulling him closer, closer.  Her tail thrashed at her hocks, stirring the air with her scent to mix with his and then moved to one side. There could be no doubt of her intention, no doubt of her need. “Einarr.” What was the feeling that accompanied his name as it passed the faint scars upon her lips? It was desire, certainly, but also an offering of her body, a submission of her heart into his keeping.

Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure

Time
Einarr

Metal and leather and bone fell to the ground, and the black warrior engulfed his queen. Feathers rustled in the desert wind, wrapping forward to embrace brown as she reached toward him. He wanted to touch every inch of her, to feel her power and might beneath his own. She was an incredible mare, one that he found solace in, and he craved her. Nostrils flared as the dry air carried her scent toward him, the desperate flicking of her tail fanning the flames in his belly. Grunting, Einarr moved swiftly. He moved to cover her, nips lining up her topline and crest.

-fade to black-

There was nothing in this world, to Einarr, more powerful than the bond between two lovers. Nothing could separate it, kill it, destroy it--not war, nor sickness, nor death. He and Histe were not proper lovers--he found her in her heat, and his carnal desire took over him. Megaera was his true lover--his world, his everything--and he loved her. She had yelled at him their first meeting, accused him of trespassing in her desert. She had acted only as herself, her true self, for their entire relationship. In his primal mind, even he could appreciate that. Megaera was unashamed of who she was, always. She lived with the Sun's fire in her heart and the desert's passions in her mind. Einarr loved every ounce of her, of being at her side, of learning her, of watching her raise their children. She loved each of them without hindrance, even Mordecai--the one she did not carry in her womb.

"I love you." The words slipped from his maw with ease, no hesitation laced upon any of the syllables that fell from his lips. "Yer jalan atthirari anni." He sidestepped away from her, but extended a wing over her back. Sienna eyes moved to find hers, waiting for her response.

Image Credits

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful