the Rift

where the light won't find you

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

After a rather interesting reception upon his arrival the golden stallion was especially eager to see what other inhabitants shared this tundra. He wasn't really sure what he was thinking when he had spontaneously decided to join into the "wolf pack" but it was a decision that he could not go back on now. Plus he was sure that either the starry mare or Hotaru would have his hide should he decide to leave and never return. Outside of the band of nomads he had traveled with this was the first time that he had ever actually turned to other beings for company. Life had been harsh back home and without his mother or father he had resorted to living life barely managing to scrape by. Maturity had come with its own challenges as he struggled to find himself amongst the cobwebs and rudeness of others. Fighting had become a way of life for him and it had forged his path to where he now stood, he would not change his ways even for the sake of this so called Basin. Surely the place could use some warriors of high caliber such as himself.

As he walked deeper into the unknown ice box it wasn't long before he arrived upon a rather decent gathering he figured was something he should actually pay attention to. Picking his way through the crowd with his head held proudly he finally stopped when he caught sight of the Lady he had exchanged brief words with earlier that day. Glancing around curiously to the many other faces he wondered how many of them were actually intelligent enough to be worthy of his respect. Guess only time would tell but for now it was better to play by the so called rules and bend to their ways of life by keeping his mouth shut. Recalling that the star mare Ki'ihra had been some type of warrior he made a note to find her afterwards and have a little chat about his place in this herd. He sure wasn't planning to sit back and be some passive lump on a log, he was born to be in action and that was exactly what he planned to do.

Listening patiently as the others spoke he began to etch together the network of who was who and who did what for this place. It would take awhile but eventually he would know them all by name but for now this was what he needed to resort to.

•• TAGS:[br] •• NOTES: Blah crappy post . Kalona offers his services as a warrior. ••

“We who are immortal, we are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what lies beyond the drop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs   Image by click <3
[Image: kalona_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4h_by_moonston...9ggy0e.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads
Permission to Attack Or Use Magic Upon with the exception of maiming or death.

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

ELDALA had been keeping herself busy with doing tasks for Johnny like gathering experimental supplies, helping him keep his cave clean, and trying to find some dyes in the depths of winter. Needless to say, it had not been very easy. Today was one of those heavy work days and she's been busying herself for quite some time before she noticed the massive group of horses gathering off in the distance. She really didn't want to stop doing what she was doing but if this were something important she'd hate to have not been present when she may have been needed.

It was not without effort that the little mare made her way through the deep snow towards the group. She was still a good distance away when she could hear the yelling and heated phrases. /What is going ON over there?/ Frustration overtakes her little body and she pushes forward faster. It comes as no surprise to her, really, when she finds she must be one of the last ones to arrive./Ugh, being short especially sucks when the snow goes up to your knees/

She's huffing slightly on the outskirts of the meeting when the faces all start coming together to form a picture. There's many horses there she either knows or has met briefly but even more she knows absolutely nothing about. Something seems to have happened to Hotaru and everyone is on edge. Eldala has never felt more regret for being late to an important event than she was for this particular one. Well, now that she was here she might as well stand close to Johnny and see what she might do to help out. She moves slowly, so as to not draw attention to herself, until her body is parallel that of her Master.

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki
C A L D E R

Calder had little insight on things regarding wolves and sentinels, so he was content to remain mum on the matter.  What upset him more than anything was how quick individuals were to react…and to turn on eachother.  Perhaps what was the norm here.  He struggled to reserve judgment. Calder came from a peaceful place, and he knew he had been lucky in that sense.  But he had been offered a place in this herd and was very much sold on the idea of solidarity and family and closeness. He saw none of those things today. 

Worse, still, those were things he believed this place stood for – things he had offered others in the Threshold.  Calder was a loyal creature, but in moments like this he saw little worth being loyal to.  He could only imagine what Elspeth was thinking – having come here to find refuge and to heal only to see her own herd at eachother’s throats. It made him uneasy. 

And in a shallower sense, he was embarrassed.  Had he been so wrong about this place and the people in it?  Was his judgment so skewed?

He said little as he joined the meeting.  He looked with concern toward the still-unnamed mare whom had called them forth.  His eyes wandered over the unexplained bloodstains on her coat.  Yet many seemed more concerened with other business.  Thankfully, there were a few voices of reason amongst the crowd and some semblance of order was restored.  Calder finally allowed his gaze to wander and found that there were many among them that he recognized – Nox, Rexanna, Zandora, Johnny, and Eldala. 

However, he took his place next to Elspeth, though he had nothing to contribute to the meeting at this point.  His gaze was stony, stoic.  If the herd couldn’t be counted upon to keep Elspeth safe – he’d keep his promise regardless.  He let out a soft sigh before lowering his head to whisper in Elspeth’s ear, “I dinna even know what to say,” he breathed.  There was a distinct tone of disappointment in his voice.  Frustration too.  But he wasn’t ready to give up yet. 
Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
Prometheus
and Pyr
A call comes on the wintry air—a summons of gathering, dancing on breezes of frost and ice before resounding through the darkened cave. I scowl at the sound, fetid lips cracking as blood and bile drip down my chin, landing with the faintest echo upon the cold stone floor. I look up through disease-ridden eyes, glaring against the light that filters in to invade my shadows. I see your silhouette, already perched near the cavern’s entrance, waiting with a quiet impatience for me to follow. ‘Come, brother.’ You urge, and I growl before lifting myself on thin, putrid legs, knowing that you are right. What good would it do us now, to hide in our shadows as we have done?

The time is ours, brother—and we must seize it.

Reaching into the deepest parts of my soul, I call upon my magic, allowing it to transform me as I walk towards the outside world. Warmth suddenly floods my bones, the sensation unfamiliar to my rotten body, now masqueraded by the thin, satin guise of life. It is beautiful, isn’t it? From the darkened depths I had crawled, a daemon of death, only to emerge into the light as a god—handsome, strong, and perfect. The line between life and death is so malleable when you have met their fate, known their tactics, and reveled in their strength.

What could possibly be more godly than that?

Chuckling with a breath far smoother than the dead could ever manage, I creep upon their gatherings, you following ever diligently at my shoulder. I wish I could say that, upon looking at the herd, the Basin’s fortitude is as steadfast and as fierce as it had once been—but alas, they quarrel like children, whining over one another about the pettiest of things. My tongue is sour and my teeth itch to bite, to put them in their place like the infants they pretend to be, but the words die before they are able to leave my lips. Why should we lower ourselves to them, when we are clearly so much more?

Scowling, I turn with a sharp flick of my long tail, focusing my attention on the one supposedly named Rexanna. From what I understand, she is the Thief at the head of the spies, and if I am to climb the ranks, then I suppose I will have to acquaint myself with her. It is a tedious process that I loathe, but your steady urging is a fair reminder—I can’t always go for the throat, even if my tongue is wet with thirst. To play nice or cut her down, we will have our glory. I can promise you that, my brother.

I shift my gaze as I draw closer to her, searching for a moment to meet the eyes of the Reaper. He berates the little children—as he should—and I dare let slip a smirk, the mirth reaching up to my eyes before they turn again to the golden mare. “Rexanna, isn’t it?” I murmur with a voice like velvet, the coldness of my glowing eyes betraying the smoothness of my words. An archangel I might seem, but the devil still lies within, swathed in macabre lies and black secrets, veiled only by life’s perfect illusion. “I’m Prometheus, a fellow spy,” I almost offer a smile, but already exhausted enough by this charade, I continue smoothly, gesturing as you settle at my side, “and this is Pyr.”

notes; He's in his potential form, no wings.
I'm sorry if I misplaced or overlooked someone; I didn't read through everyone's posts :3
“Speech.”
evil angel
nothing but lies and crooked wings
acknowledges @Rexanna and @Deimos | image credits
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

They were apparitions, wisps in the snow, balanced upon the gentle precipice of society.

They were quiet, slow moving through the quiet tundra, surrounded by stars and pine.

But above all, they were tardy.

The ghostly pair had no excuse, their truancy hung on their shoulders, gripped their chests with an innumerable amount of shame. Her cloven hooves sliced through the snow softly, her breath shaky, steps tentative. 'At this point, should we even show up?' the maiden thought, mostly to herself, though her companion responded with a supportive grunt. It was their duty to be present, even if they were not quite on time.

The maiden slipped through the trees, hearing the remnants of the announcements from her leaders. She hung at the edge of the meeting, Altair standing regally by her side, emerald gaze slipping rapidly, nervously about those gathered. She eyed the herdmates she knew, though she offered them no greeting and stayed far, far away from their sides.

Planets and stars spiraled around her head, slipped between strands of dark mane, not helping her attempts to stay inconspicuous at the meeting. Most of the time, she loved their presence, and watched them dreamily with her companion. Now, she longed for their disappearance, at least, for the duration of the meeting.

She strained her dark ears, trying to listen the best she could to what was being said and piece together the fragments of the speeches she knew. But what she heard was primarily superfluous to her existence. Her role was still secure, her life in the herd still quiet and blissfully lonesome. For now, it could continue that way, as long as her lateness wasn't means for expulsion from the herd.

"Talk talk talk"

drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time

FROSTY & I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING LATE ;-;
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

He yawned, immediately feeling disgruntled as he was stirred from his sleep. He looked up to the pale golden and cream that was his mother with a confused sniffle. The golden boy had been dreaming of magic and bats and beetles, so of course when he was awakened from his slumber, he assumed the magic-bat-and-beetle-pocalypse was happening outside the cozy confines of their cave.

But all looked well outside the cave, and his mother was calm. "What is it?" He questioned, the words a soft mumble, blurred by his still sleepy state. He followed her out of the cave, trailing by her side, lingering next to the golden thief as he discovered what he had been awakened for.

A meeting.

The concept was foreign to the boy. He looked to the leaders with admiration and a hint of fear. Nope, nope, a lot of fear, especially when the darker one sounded an emotionless 'enough.' He didn't know the Lord and Lady, though his mother addressed them with ease, soothing his fear somewhat. He leaned into her coat, listening to the leaders' words and announcements, all the happenings that seemed so removed from his life, yet impacted him so heavily, even though he didn't notice it.

Rein was silent, motionless as others addressed his mother and chatted over occurrences that he had no knowledge of. He would simply have to discuss the meeting with his mother later, for the words that flitted between the leaders made little sense to him. He recognized the words themselves, yes, but their meaning was lost to his still young brain. This was his life, his herd, and he barely understood what it was that was happening.

ah yes. am late. @Rexanna

son of a thief and a priest

[Image: 56b8020492908]

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
From darkness I understand the night;
dreams flow, a star shines
Ah!
     I desire Evenstar.
The ocean mare had been just outside the Basin’s borders when the meeting had been called to assemble. Her Lady’s voice, comforting despite being largely unfamiliar, comes to her as a whisper rather than a cry; drifting on frosty breezes to tickle her ears, it touches her attention with soft, feathery fingers. Raising her head from where she had been quarrying through the snow, Tiamat glances through the trees, dainty ears slanting forward and her leonine tail arcing behind her. The summons is unmistakable, and wanting to show nothing but respect and obedience to her leaders, she moves quickly.

Cloven hooves cut neatly through the white snow, carrying her at a sweeping trot through the mountain woods. Arching her slender neck, the blue mare reaches nimbly towards her shoulder, braiding in the new herbs she had found to the collection in her hair (managing to only almost trip in the process). Pushing herself into an easy canter when she reaches the Basin’s borders, Tiamat follows the myriad of mingling scents towards the heart of their homeland.

There is already a sizable gathering assembled by the time the ocean mare reaches the fringes of the meeting. She comes to a gradual halt, the white clouds of her breath billowing upwards to frame her bright eyes, taking a moment to cast smiles to those around her before she focuses on their superiors. Her heart twists painfully at the sight of her bloodied Lady, and she leans a step forward with an instinct to help, but reason manages to dissuade her from rushing forward. After all, it wouldn’t be polite to disrupt the herd meeting; so deciding that she will address it later, she settles back again.

White eyes shift to Deimos when he begins to speak, his deep voice ringing out in description of a threat: Gull, who has apparently attacked and stolen from them. Gull?! Tiamat remembers the painted pegasus, remembers his broken body on the pearly sands, and how she—along with the aid of two others—had healed him. He couldn’t possibly be a threat, could he? The last thing she wants to do is doubt her leader (who has been nothing but gracious and kind to her), but she simply can’t understand the disdain against Gull, who hadn’t wounded her in the slightest.

Pursing her lips together, the blue mare tucks her thoughts away for consideration. Perhaps she should explain to Deimos how she had been unharmed? Perhaps he will understand? She narrows her eyes slightly in her ponderings, almost too caught up in them to notice when the meeting moves on. It is her name that rouses her attention. Perking her ears sharply forward, her head rises as she looks past the throng of bodies to where her Lord stands, his words somehow echoing perfectly across the distance between them.

“We would also like to honor Tiamat as a Time Mender for her dedication and skills.”

Her world stops for a moment, her mind cocooned in a haze of euphoria that is so sudden, so intense, that everything else momentarily fades away. “A Time Mender? She gasps, the words so foreign, so incredibly sweet across her tongue, that she can’t help but smile. For years she has dreamed of this day—of this opportunity, this beautiful and marvelous gift. It is surreal for such a dream to become reality.

“A Time Mender!” She repeats breathlessly, more confidently this time, with a peal of laughter managing to bubble from her lips. With all of her previous thoughts forgotten, the rest of the meeting passes by in a blur, the ocean mare far too enraptured in her joy to be pulled down by the quarrels of her herd mates. Only when there is a lull does she move, gently weaving her way through the crowd, to approach the meeting’s head when it seems appropriate.

Looking to the dark stallion, she grins happily, the strength of her delight reaching to illuminate her eyes. “My Lord,” Tiamat bows her head respectfully, her smile never fading, “thank you.” For a moment that is all she can say, her throat tightened by only the best emotions, words seemingly lost to her euphoria. The ocean mare glances down briefly, shifting her weight and swallowing before looking back to dark, cobalt eyes. “I feel so honored, and so thankful, for this opportunity. It is a gift I will cherish, and I hope to never disappoint you.” It is from her heart that she speaks—from the love of healing that is so interwoven into her soul that it has become a part of her, from her desire to help, and from the love that she holds for this beautiful, beautiful home.

notes; OMG I FINALLY GOT HER TO THE MEETING ONLY FOREVER LATE WOOO
ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH HEATHER AND BRIT!:DD
“Speech.”
@Deimos | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Hell unravels before her as surely as it had during her coronation. It is slow to rise but quick to catch fire, the tempers of these cold-blooded creatures scalding hot as if to further the irony of their existence. She is aware of Deimos at her side, the stoicism of his face broken by the blood on her hide. Softie, she thinks fondly to herself, for she looks upon the beast with an affection he likely finds discomfort in. “Later,” she murmurs softly to him, doe eyes flickering up towards his handsome, rigid features. As deeply as she desires to tell him, to wage war against the blue cowardly bitch, she will not. Her blood still runs too hot, her head too garbled by her own intense emotions. The time will come. Hotaru is patient.

But she is not patient enough for this.

Rexanna, Ki’irha, and Sialia lend their voices to her cause, and pride is fierce and hot in her heart. She can envision the entourage they will make; a fox, a wolf, and a mixture of the two. Sleek and beautiful, golds and blues flanking her own rosen frame. It is her only comfort as words lash from her new General’s mouth, countered sharply from a bronze man with a sharp, weathered face. It escalates and her jaw clicks and locks as her teeth grind in frustration. Hotaru is aware of her continuous attribution of wolves to these bodies gathered before her, but it has only ever been a problem when the entirety of the pack comes together. They snap and snarl just like the wolves she regards them as, teeth never sinking in for real damage but snarling enough to burn that comfort down to hell. She holds her tongue as it escalates, for she is no fool. There is a time for the pups to snarl and fight, for them to figure out a working hierarchy. And there is a time for the Alpha to step in, to snatch them by the scruffs and remind them of their place on their backs – respectful, tempered.

Deimos reacts as she knew he would, silencing the squabble with the boom of his voice. She slips in behind it, the aftershock, a dagger in the wake of a bomb. Just as deadly, but far more precise.

“The magic that lends them their power of protection belongs only to one stallion that we know of. Any metal worker can create the machine, but they would remain inactive lumps, and just as useless,” she retorts as Deimos poses the rhetorical question as to whether anyone has the magic to fix their Sentinels. It doubles as an answer for the umber furred stallion who gazes her way with the Throat’s forgers on his tongue. It is not scathing, nor is it a rebuke. Merely the cold facts that none of them will truly face. She is grateful that Albrecht looks to her to settle this frankly ridiculous matter – intrigued as well, as shown by how her eyes linger upon his frame for a moment too long. “Never place your cards upon a singular, wild variable. If Ulrik does not come to claim his metal, the Sentinels will be transformed into something more useful. However they are honored –” here bicolored orbs snap to Lena, the proposer of such an idea “- will be determined by those who wish for it.” Each word is cogent, a compelling force that quells all future squabbling. Her lethality will put an end to their strife, and if it does not, she will call upon her magic and forcefully remind them that there is far more to be dealt with than Sentinels that have not worked in seasons as it is. Alice snarls quietly at her side, flashing the whites of her canines that salivate with acid. Respect Alpha, she demands in her head, falling quiet only as Hotaru flicks her tail idly and silences her summarily.

The pups will learn. She will make them learn, before the cruelty of life has the chance to do so in her stead.

One such errant youth is quiet-voiced and gentle, and she turns her pretty face down towards her pink brother in arms. A lilt of a smile, a graceful veneer of poise and control, slides across her lips. “Yes, Johnny. I am now.” If he is attentive he will not miss the fact that she implies how very not-well she had been before Lena’s intervention. But Hotaru is grateful for his concern, and she wanders close enough to lick across his shoulder and nudge him with her snout for a moment to display such gratitude. It is a momentary comfort. 

Sharp vocals cut across the dwindling voices, calling them to heel for a second more. Her patience is wearing thin - did none of them care about the threats she and Deimos had confessed to them?

“Deal with your problems amongst yourselves, as individuals. This time is for more than such issues.” Cool glance drifts across those gathered, but she can’t help but feel the whisper of Ashamin’s and Thranduil’s absences. It haunts her, just as Rexanna’s words do - where is Thranduil? She can’t answer. She can’t even pretend to know what has happened to the Laurelin. And she will not feed them false information. False hope. Especially not with the conflict that surrounds her heart, the tenuous cords of control keeping her from delving into a pit of despair. She feels so intensely for him, it rattles her to her bones. She cannot speak his name without all of the herd hearing her weakness straight from her own betrayer of a tongue. “If you have anything further to add, seek us out. We will lend our ears.” It is a concise ending to a harrying meeting, and one she is not loathe to commit. Hotaru is already exhausted – it is not her job to babysit or hand hold, and she will not deal with their pettiness this evening. 

Wrapping things up! You can post again if you want to!
Image Credit

Directly mentioned: @Albrecht and @Johnny and @Deimos (and Lena but I won't tag you twice :P)
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!