Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
Sabre
and from the rain
comes a river running wild
that will create an empire for you
It’s definitely weird being the “obedient” one.

(Notice the quotation marks around obedient, because it’s definitely a…relative term. First of all, I don’t—and won’t ever—pin “obedience” as one of the words that describes me; it sounds submissive, and I do what I want. Sometimes it just happens to be what others want too. And second, I don’t think Ma would ever consider us to be obedient. We can always do better.)

Still, who’s the one sneaking off on grand (I’m assuming) adventures, and who’s the one clinging to Ma like a thorn in her side? It’s strange being separated from brother so much, and I don’t like it.

Narrowing my eyes, I huff an overly dramatic sigh, casting one last pointed glare into the crimson shadows before jerking around in a less-than-graceful fit of indignation. Even if I would never admit it a million years, and I ignore this fact with a prideful passion, it really is my own fault that our adventures have led us apart. I know that if I would actually wake up when he leaves (because of course he has to sneak off before the butt crack of dawn), then we would be off causing mischief together—but what can I say? A girl needs her beauty sleep.

Or whatever.

With my little tail flicking sharply around my rump, I march over to where Ma stands. I toss my head at the tight pinching of my stomach, my hunger driving me to snake my head under her flank to grasp at nourishment, suckling what I can before she inevitably pushes me away. Smacking my lips, I dance beyond the line of any hooves or teeth that might come flying my way, before glancing at her with a decisive bob of my head.

notes; I'm sorry it's so bad! I'm rusty ._.
“Speech.”

@Colt || image || table
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Since the birth of the twins, Colt had not a moment alone. She had no time to think of anything but them, their safety, their whereabouts, and as always, what punishments she'd have to be dealing out when one returned not-so-subtly back to her side. The boy especially. He seemed to know every one of her rules by heart, but followed all but one. That being the most important rule— do not wander lest you want a severe beating. She had tried to pound it into him, that he was below her, that he was weaker, and that she had power over him. She wanted him to respect her, not try to tempt the fates and prance off ever chance he got. 

The twins are off again, beyond her field of view in a place she do not care for. She dragged them out of their residence in the forest, deciding perhaps they'd like to see more than just pines and dirt— so she took them past the threshold and to a new, unfamiliar place. Never had she seen it, crimson water spilling over layers of carved stone like a waterfall of pooling blood. She thinks that maybe the gruesome sight will keep the mischievous brats from wandering— how wrong she was. She knew that the runt had stepped away again, that he had fled her sights with foolish arrogance. Somewhere, she hoped he never came back. 

The bigger of the two waltzed her way, and knowing well what she sought, Colt allowed it. She waited until it seemed too long that the girl had been drinking, the telltale signs of her irritation rising. The twitch of her coal black brow, the flattened ears and indigent snort, the annoyed slap of her tail against her thigh— all signs that she wanted her child to pull away. Just before the line was crossed, the black babe dances away to safety. Colt curses under her breath, watching the child with knit brows. 

"Has your brother gone again?" She questions, steel sights searching the golden orbs of her offspring with the intent of detecting her unease during her lies, searching for something to signify she was covering for her bastard twin. The girl was certainly smarter, choosing well to stay beside her dam while her brother made a fool of himself to the world beyond them. She swore that eventually she would wring his neck for being such a fool and going out when she'd only just brushed the surface of her teachings. It was like putting a barely started masterpiece out on display, a messy sketch on a canvas while she stood awkwardly with her dripping brushes and freshly mixed paints. Perhaps instead she could mold this one, shape this child the way she wants. Where her brother was still free spirited and stupid, she could craft Sabre into a well crafted piece of work, fit for the Empire. 
"TALK TALK TALK"

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

@Sabre time for some interesting mother/daughter bonding C":
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
Sabre
and from the rain
comes a river running wild
that will create an empire for you
“Has your brother gone again?”

Her voice cuts like a guttural knife, a baited hook that reaches out to snag my throat and expose my secrets. I feel frozen beneath her stare—like a deer caught in the headlights, stage fright, take your pick—with every muscle of my young body leeched of its warmth and left immobile. I don’t like feeling so vulnerable, but I am not a practiced liar. You see, I usually tend to take a more direct approach (more apt to pounding someone into the ground to get what I want, rather than sneak around all smart like and make elaborate plans). I’m fine leaving all that up to brother.

Except for in a situation like this, when I’m pinned beneath Ma’s steely, narrowed gaze. I feel my ears flatten in my sudden agitation, a knot in my chest tightening from fear and frustration, and my fluffy tail whizzes sharply around my butt. “Uhmm,” I stammer, grinding my little teeth together, wanting to look away from her stony eyes but somehow unable to (how does she do that?!). Ugh. I love Ma, I suppose, but I am bound to brother with a bond far tighter than I could ever hope to explain.

I’m not about to rat him out, even to Ma (especially to Ma, perhaps).

That is—intentionally, at least. As afore explained, I am far from the best little liar out there, and she is bound to read every line of my blood-splattered face.

I growl to myself in a low huff of breath, gesturing with a sharp nod of my head, “He’s gone just over there.” I’m not exactly lying. In that general direction is where I had last seen him disappear, and who’s to say that he’s not there now? Ma can go check herself if she really doubts me (a half-hearted flare of my indignant spirit, knowing full well that I have been discovered. My pride is just too hopelessly bloated to admit it outright).

Fearing the wrath of her anger, I continue quickly, hoping to distract her. “Ma,” I speak boldly, hoping to demand her attention as I circle around, facing her more directly, “tell me more about the Empire.” I can only hope that she catches what I’ve thrown out; if I have learning anything, it’s that Ma worships her Empire, it is everything to her. I know its kingdom, and I know the most basic of principles, but anything more complex than that is a mystery. I’m not interested in all the semantics and politics, but my curiosity does get the better of me. “Why aren’t there more with us?” I question genuinely this time, unable to understand that if we are part of the supreme Empire, then why do we seem so alone?

“Speech.”

@Colt tagging because I've taken forever D: || image || table
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.