[OPEN] On a Restless Wind

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
If I told you about my favourite dream
[The one without you]
Would you spit fire at me?

As Dacianna led the way to the Worlds Edge, she found herself wondering about the stallion she had just offered to show her new home to and if she had been too forward? He seemed nice, charming even, so much so that the roan was quite comfortable in his presence and charted the way home with the confident air of a content mare. The closer they got the more Dacianna could smell the salty scent of the sea on the restless wind that whistled through her hair. Dense forest had changed to open land that connected one forest with another and, as she travelled, she felt the need to uncover a little more about this bloody knight she had plucked from the Threshold. “So… Ron. What brings you to Helovia?” she asked curiously, realising that she should have probably asked that first back in the forest, but his easy manner had lulled her into just answering his questions without learning much about the guy himself. One thoughtless moment after another, Dacianna was sure she would one day bury herself because of her own impulsiveness.

“Have you travelled far?” she prompted and turned her head to view his face as she posed the question to him.

After a while the open land disappeared into a new forest that had the familiar glass wall ruins that announced the start of Edge territory. The wall really was a mess; it was easy to step round it or over it and really wasn’t fit for the purpose it was built and instead, lay scattered across the floor like a beautiful, glistening memory. It always saddened Dacianna for a reason she couldn’t quite put her hoof on, perhaps it was because this was somebody's work that was now in ruins or maybe, and simply, because it looked so sad.

The stocky roan stepped around the ruins and stopped on the other side of the crumpled structure. She waited to see if Ron was beside her before raising her lips to the bolshie wind and calling for one who might be able to make a more official judgement than she. “Welcome to the Worlds Edge” she gestured afterwards, to the general vicinity she was in before lastly explaining "you must wait for another with more authority than I before continuing further".

@Calstron and open! (+ someone to accept? ^^)
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

The discovering never came to a halt with Raeden. She was always on the move and never stood still. Her very light golden pelt glistened under the suns warm rays, on this cold frostfall day. Tin was at her side staying very close to the mare like always. His protective green eyes watched over the lands as they continued. Her mind wondered back to Tembovu and Rexanna that one day. She thought how beautiful the gold mare was, and how stunning her markings were. Readen had a more dull golden pelt, but was still a beautiful site to look at. Her body moved carefully through the grounds as her mind got lost in thought and day dreaming. With a quick snap she shook her head to hear a voice. It was another female creature, her light ears perked up and started wondering closer to the sound. She then saw two others standing near a shattered glass wall.

Tin pinned his ear to step in front of Raeden as she got closer to the stallion and the mare. words Hello, I am Raeden. I do not believe I have met either of you before. This is Tin by the way. Her hooves stood still as she looked over the black mare, and the Pegasus stallion. She looked over his feathered wings with bright teal eyes. Silver flecks glistened in the sun as she awaited to see who these new people were.

words words

Image Credits

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy

ACT II: BLENDING IN

THE fallen angel follows the temptress piper through the forest. She'd remained silent for the journey so far and that suited him just fine. Her tail would sway every once in a while, allowing him a pretty little view, and he found that a  fantastic way to spend one's early morning, really.

Blood wings lay pertly at his sides, bone hooves walked, and his cobweb mane shielded him from the cold. Though, he had to admit, it really wasn't too cold out at the moment. The sun shined through the snow drenched land in the most glorious way while winter birds chatted away.  There was more than once where he found himself appreciating the beauty about him. It was strange, he thought, how peaceful the land managed to be when it was the very home of the whore who'd murdered his foal.

Well, he supposed not every bit of this place would have been touched by her just yet. According to what little he'd managed to make of the screams coming from that blasted tavern-keeper he'd, run into, a few weeks ago she might have only been here a year or so. It was the closest he'd come to grasping the bitch's throat between his teeth in ages. His eyes ran red for a moment in that rage that he'd swum in for the first few months after he'd woven his dead foal's feather in his mane. The world tilted. Things grew black and white, shiny, his vision blurred as the red overtook him.

Though the stud wouldn't know it, he was having a panic attack. Ironic, considering he'd been the one to actually kill his foal....though his conscious mind didn't know that.

But then something magical happened. The lady in front of him ripped him back to the "real" reality with a question and a gaze back at him. He stood, surprised for a moment that she'd finally bothered to ask him now. No matter, he had an answer for that ready made, just for her. His eyes took on a sad gaze and his voice rumbled low in chest,  "I decided that it was time I draw the search for my family to a close. It has been many years and I've become tired of being alone. " Cal, no, Ron....Ronald supposed that his answer was true enough...only he'd left out the part where the reason it was drawing to a close was because he'd finally found them. Funny, wasn't it, how only a few words missing from a sentence changed the entire meaning. The little Stick's next words bring but one word to his velvet lips, holding the same sad, distracted tone as the sentence before, "Very."

He noticed the little mare the moment she stepped out from behind the trees. For a brief moment he even thought she might be the Bitch, though his face betrayed nothing, until she got closer and he saw she was an entirely different soul. All the better, he supposed, for fighting two horny bitches would likely be outside his comfort as tired as he was at the moment. When the newcomer speaks he breaks the placid surface of his face to reveal a pleasant smile. "It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Raeden. I am Ron, a newcomer and Dacianna has been my kind guide home." He put on his most disarmingly graceful charm, not fake or overdone, simply...well...perfect.

Coding by Tamme, Customization by Goatfairy, Stock by Vic1230@flickr

@Dacianna
@Raeden

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
He had pinned his ears and snorted at the elephant calf— a call had come through the mists of the Edge, summoning a leader to the borders. But Mbwene was preoccupied, she had discovered the glass dragon that laid amid the glass Tembovu had stockpiled— and she was intently exploring the large, glass sculpture with her trunk. It was so smooth, yet sharply tingled her trunk whenever she ran to certain areas (the nether regions, to be precise), as if the sculpture was warning her off from the more delicate parts of its anatomy.

Regardless, the Elephant King was loathe to leave her alone to answer the call— he recently had passed musks and droppings that resembled those of large cats of Dorobo’s plains. They weren’t exactly the same, but they were similar enough that he wasn’t willing to leave a morsel of his soul alone as an easy meal for the predators that wandered the Edge’s trees this Frostfall. Waiting a few, long, moments for his companion to satiate her curiosity (impatience rolling off of him in palpable waves), he finally gently grabbed once of her ears and tugged her away from the dragon statue. Such a motion was met with ear-splitting trumpets of indignity.

Ears pinned and ignoring the minute fury that boiled through the bond, towed the calf towards the source the summoning, squinted eyes finding the roaned woman from the Rift, Dacianna, among the mists. Her glimmering, gold ornamentations gave her away first. As he approached, another became clearer— blood-red wings and a shockingly white face. One he did not recognize; so this must be the reason for the call. And a third form, delicate, graceful, and pale gold materialized from the Edge’s fog. Raeden— he knew by the slender build and the bright deer alongside her.

Mbwene immediately left the side of her bonded, heading away from Tembovu with decidedly angry steps, forsaking him for the beautifully colored deer alongside the light colored woman. An elephant’s snort left her trunk as she flicked her tail at the King, further displaying her ire.

Tembovu, shaking his head in amusement at the antics of the calf, turned his attention toward those present. “Apologies for my late appearance, Mbwene,” his thick horn motioned towards the elephant who was waving her trunk at Tin, “Was investigating our glass dragon. Raeden,” his dancing cobalt eyes stroke the body of the gold woman, “It is good to see you again. And Dacianna,” his attention shifts to the Riftian, a grin on his mouth belying the enjoyment at seeing her within the Edge, “I am glad to see you’ve brought a newcomer to the Edge?” His cobalt eyes then landed on the stallion in question, words asking for his name while eyes studying the well-built stallion for a few beats before once again parting his thick lips and sending out his deep rumble, “Welcome to the Edge. I am Tembovu, King here. Is there a trade you carry with you here? Or wish to begin? We’ve healers, warriors, sleuths, and priests. Or you may blend into the populus, if you wish. Though, truth be told, we're in need of warriors of men with strong builds, such as yourself.” He grinned easily, then, implying more that his compliment was genuine than the true need for warriors.
Tembovu
you thought you could outrun the world
image & coding

@Dacianna @Calstron @Raeden I'M THE WORST FOR TAKING SO LONG SORRY SORRY

Please tag Tembovu.

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
If I told you about my favourite dream
[The one without you]
Would you spit fire at me?

She got little out of the rippling red stallion much to her frustration. Even though to the entire world he appeared genteel and polished, he had very little to say for a guy who’d travelled far and washed himself up in an all new, strange land. Why didn’t he ask questions? Wasn’t he curious at all about his surroundings, the smells or the souls that lived here? Or perhaps he was just one of those stallions who were so dashingly handsome they had never had a need to develop a personality. Either way, he built his own brick wall with his tight lips, Dacianna thought. She stopped herself before her mind turned too viscous with wild assumption lest she blurt it out loud like she had done so many times before; it was usually followed by an awkward smile and a delicate exit.

“What happened to them, may I ask?” she prodded politely, looking for a hole in his gleaming exterior, hoping she hadn’t just stepped on a landmine.

Before Dacianna could do any more digging a pale mare, who introduced herself as Raeden, greeted them as she stood next to a beautiful deer. For a moment, Daci was mesmerised by the Cerndyr, Tin, her eyes glazed over like she had just uncovered a diamond in the wild. A bemused smile wove onto her face as she greeted them both with a small dip of her head. The only problem with being new is that every face was a stranger’s, but one by one Dacianna was beginning to know each Edge member by name rather than just brief passing.

She let the charming Ron speak first before replying, “I’m a new Philosopher here” she felt like she told everyone this, but in case anyone ever needed some ill advised wisdom, they knew who to look for. “You can call me Daci, I’m sorry I haven’t introduced myself earlier” it was still so very strange not knowing everyone and their business. She longed for the day that comfortable familiarity would take over from the feeling of being a bewildered outsider. That mare who came from the Rift.

It was then that some authority arrived along with an elephant, in miniature. The gathering had quickly become a jumbled mess of varying heights and species as Daci marvelled over the calf; she had never seen an elephant before. It was almost funny that, what was meant to be one of the largest animals in the world, was smaller than the mammoth that was Bo- Tembovu, the giant King who towered over all the gathered. “Glass dragons are far more interesting” Dacianna shook her head in mock disappointment at the sovereign before shooting a grin at Mbwene.

“This is Ron” she motioned to the crimson stallion, the subject of their meeting “I and another from the Falls came across him in the eastern forests” she informed before leaving Ron to handle the rest.

Sorry for the wait D:

@Raeden
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Her teal eyes smiled brightly as everyone introduced themselves. This new stallion was extremely charming and she found her self fascinated with him. His sweet voice drew her in like a bee to honey. It was dripping from his maw with perfect tones as he dragged her attention away from her deer companion. His smile could stop an angel in their path, but her's could stop a God. She listened to his speak and pick his words out perfectly. His name was Ron... interesting. She chuckled lightly as she then looked to her companion. He was looking back at the beautiful woman that watched him. His small hooves walked closer to her with a soft smile. His little nose reached out to sniff her muzzle, and he squealed with joy and a smile. The little tail flicked happily as he pranced back to Raeden. Me like her, pretty Her light voice chuckled as she looked to the mare.words Tin said he like you, and your pretty. She chuckled nuzzling Tin.

Her attention turned to a small elephant that came towards Tin. His reaction was to jump back, but he quickly smiled and sniffed the small creature. She looked funny with a long nose and stocky body, but Tin never would judge. He softly butted the creatures head to play with her. His body jumped back as he flicked his tail happily trying to play with her. Raeden watched for a bit before she saw Tembovu. Her smile got softer as he greeted her words She is so cute... and it has been awhile Nice to see you as well. I think Tin likes her, he wants to play a bit. Most companions do not want to play back with him. Her eyes flashed to the stallion once again as their king addressed him. Ron did look like a beefy warrior type, but she had been wrong before. words I am apart of the Sleuths she dipped her skull to the mare with a smile ,then dipped her crowned skull to Ron. She watched Tembovu to see if he would accept this man into their herd.

words words

Image Credits

@Calstron

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy

Ronald was surprised at his companion's continued nosiness. Well, of course, now that he was to be a resident in her home she'd want to make sure he wasn't some type of serial killer. But really, had she not gleaned enough from the put-upon sadness in his voice to leave him alone?

He responded to her query with a tucked in head and pained frown,  "Well, they were murdered while I was on a...diplomatic mission. Only my mate, who was heavy with foal at the time, was thought to have escaped. Unfortunately, idea seems to have been false for I've never found a hint of them. "  Ok, so the diplomatic mission had been the sacking of her family's kingdom and all the murdering had been done by him, but those were mere details. Such things served no place within the perfect performance he gave.

Thankfully, the moment was saved by the arrival of the beauty who looked like the Bitch and a rather fetching stud. He was large, muscled, and seemed to be the hulking "chummy" type. One of those males which took up a lot of space, enjoyed spars, and engaged in a lot of firm back pats. The King's deep, rolling introduction only confirmed Ron's ideas.  He was exactly the type Cal would have pinned for being his best mate back home. Ron's voice was respectful, but easy and "chappy" as he responded to the King."Haha. Young creatures, no matter the species, seem to enjoy such antics. Its a pleasure to meet you, good King. It would be great to have a rank and something to do, rather than simply taking up space here. While I don't shy away from a good spar my specialty is in...reconnaissance, if you will. I can, of course, still help out with anything the warriors may need."

The ethereal mare, Raeden, announced that she was part of the Sleuths. He would have liked to say that the knowledge surprised him, but it didn't. In fact, he found himself realizing she would be the perfect accomplice. She was quiet, well behaved, well versed in the land, and utterly enticing. His eyes rested on her for just a moment longer after her words ceased. He'd have to make an effort to...get to know her, later on. Right now though, it wouldn't serve him in the slightest to seem the leery sort at all. So he turned his eyes back to Tembovu with decent haste and a friendly face. Don't mind me, just let me in, I'm only the gap beneath your feet.

Coding by Tamme, Customization by Goatfairy, Stock by Vic1230@flickr

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Mbwene, at first, was shocked at the back of the colorful deer that had snagged her attention— she was used to others’ surprise. But most were intrigued and did not shy away. So, with confused chagrin, the young calf’s interested trundle halted, a short whine escaping her trunk as she lifted it slowly towards the deer. Her ears and eyes swung to the grey-blue roan, whose golden bangles were quick to draw her youthful attention as she spoke. Though her young mind wasn’t fully able to grasp the meaning of her words, her bright blue eyes brightened at the marveling look and understanding tone of the intriguing woman. So, with a sideways glance at the bright deer who now playfully head-butted her rough skin, the calf sidled to the roan’s legs. An outstretched trunk and soft trumpet implied her interest in the glittering gold bangles adorning all parts of her grey-blue body.

Tembovu, amused, briefly watched his new companion’s antics, before grinning at Dacianna’s remark, “Indeed, Mbwene seemed to agree,” his low rumble and dip of his horn concurred with her comments of glass dragons. Navy eyes flick to the ever-beautiful Raeden as her light gaze remained mostly on Mbwene and Tin— though he felt a sudden urge for his elephant calf to return the playful advances when the sleuth voiced that most companions didn’t play with Tin. And, remarkably (or perhaps not so remarkably), Mbwene’s attention shifted away from the shiny bangles and towards the play-bowing buck. Trunk raised and waving, she mock-charged the colorfully antlered cerndyr.

Again, the Elephant King’s attention shifted, this time to ‘Ron,’ the bloodstained man with a startlingly white face. Dark eyes watched him closely— as he was wont to do with any newcomer— but the ease and friendliness with which he spoke sparked some kind of relief in the stallion. So many who came to the Helovia (himself included) were riddled with strife, darkness, and seriousness. But this man, with his respectful but easy demeanor, was a reprieve from weighted hearts. (If only he knew it was just skin-deep.)

Though his brows raised as he watched Ron’s gaze linger on Raeden for just a moment too long. And he was both consoled and surprised by the lack of jealousy that flared in his barrel— for though he was protective of the pale palomino he had made advances on the beach, he did not feel any unease at this red man’s interest in the lovely sleuth.

Regaining Ron’s eyes, he nodded once, “Welcome to the Edge, Ron. As Raeden said, she is one of our sleuths. Another you may seek is Iona.” He studied the man for a moment longer, before turning to the roan Riftian, “Thank you for bringing another to join our herd, Dacianna.”
Tembovu
you thought you could outrun the world
image & coding

@Dacianna @Raeden @Calstron SO SORRY for the wait <3 I've changed Ron's rank and added him to the herd page! We can continue or fade this!

Please tag Tembovu.