Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
Sabre
and from the rain
comes a river running wild
that will create an empire for you
So…I thought that I had seen brother run this way. Through the darkness, I had managed to rouse myself from my deep, beautiful slumber when I felt him leave—the cold air biting in his absence—and this time, I was determined not to be left out.

Blearily I had blinked through the night shadows, only half trying to not wake Ma (perhaps I don’t have all the finesse or sensibility that brother has), and stumbled a few times before I was actually awake enough to march after him. I had been tempted to call out, to let him know that I’d sacrificed my beauty sleep for him, but with a narrowed glance cast over my shoulder at the heaping shadow of Ma, I had not.

And now, well—I have no freakin’ idea where brother has run off to.

Grumbling to myself, I rest in the meager shadow of a naked tree, one of the few (and pathetic, seriously) structures that offer aid from this icy, flat, and barren wasteland. My eyes are narrowed as I look around, the dawn having arrived by now, painting the landscape in pastel colors of pink and yellow. It’s probably considered beautiful to some, it definitely isn’t ugly, but I’m too tired and grumpy to notice. Instead I pout, huffing out overly dramatic breaths of air and watch as the white billows slowly dissipate.

I’m not exactly sure how much time has passed, or if brother is even nearby at all. All I know is that it’s cold as balls here, I’m tired, and now that I think about it, I’m hungry. Hangry—it’s a thing, and I feel it coming on.

Lowering my head, I push the snow around a little bit (as if anything useful would turn up), before something else steals my attention. In the distance, a figure—someone—seems to be moving. From where I am I can’t tell if they’re moving towards or away from me, but immediately I think of brother—that must be him! Whinnying happily, I bound towards him, my skinny legs struggling to keep up with my excitement.

“Speech.”

@Etziel || image || table
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
of the sea
A grating, high pitched whinny pierced her ears— she was getting so irritated with the incessant attack of sounds above the waves. The sea was calm, sound waves were subtle. Here, in the air, noises were thrown about with reckless abandon. It made her ear drums sore, and sent a thread of pain between her too-large eyes.

Eyes that were snapped to the horizon, watching the bounding, small creature approach. There seemed to be so many youths here, she had seen some fight in the Isles and had come across one in the Heart Caves. At first, her ridges raised in warning at the exuberantly approaching foal. Sharp fins flare out while tail vibrates a her barbs click in warning. She was in a foul mood, to be certain, the air was dry and the powdery white substance was cold, even if it did dissolve to liquid when it warmed.

Her body was built for temperate seas, not mountain plateaus. And she was certainly not accustomed to interacting with children. But, even she took pause at the blood spatter upon the filly’s face, ridges smoothing and fins folding slightly before she realized it was a marking. How strange. (The irony of her calling a marking strange was not lost on her.)

A scaled ear tipped forward as she held her ground against the approaching child, unblinking eyes not leaving the small body. "What do you want?” her throaty growl shattered the dawn’s stillness as her was thrown at the blood-marked juvenile. Her foul temper leaked into her words, face, and voice.
Image Credits

@Sabre I hope it's okay that I threw her in :D

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
Sabre
and from the rain
comes a river running wild
that will create an empire for you
I run—far too blinded by my excitement, my eagerness that flares through my veins to notice how the figure’s shape changes. The distance between us closes, and I just keep on running, totally oblivious for now of the steely eyes that are already pinning me down. Laughing breathlessly (it feels weird, I’m not used to laughing like this) I throw myself through the snow, kicking up my heels in a spirited buck for good measure. The flurries of snow tossed up by my hooves fly in every direction, some jumping up to bite me in the butt with their icy chill.

I toss my head, snorting a guttural breath before blinking the snowflakes from my eyes. “Woah,” I gasp suddenly, finally noticing that this person is, in fact, very much not my brother. I’m not even sure if they’re an equine at all! As the distance between us continues to diminish, the more I’m convinced that this has to be some sort of…alien or something. Definitely not from this world (and definitely not right). “Holy mother of monsters!” The words hiss from my teeth in a spit of breath, and I force my legs to stiffen in an effort to slow down and avoid a collision with this thing.

At last I come to a graceless halt, my bright gold eyes meeting the stranger’s boldly, my curiosity (wonder? Disgust?) overshadowing any fear that I probably should feel. All I can do is gawk at the creature, almost unbelieving that it’s real at all! There are fins—fins?!—raised from her body, and a snake instead of a normal tail, with barbed needles at the end, and it doesn’t seem like her skin is made of soft flesh and fur—but of scales and, and—and I don’t even know what . To top it all off, she’s huge.

I’m startled by her voice—not because it’s too abnormal (it’s probably the most normal attribute about this thing), but I’m so distracted by how…strange she is! “I—” What do I even say? I’m almost surprised I can understand her language at all. I lick my lips and flick my tail before continuing. “I thought you were someone else,” my voice is careful almost, the words slow as my eyes narrow in study of her features, my attention splattered all over the place.  Finally, I can stand it no longer. “What are you?” It is a brazen question (more of a demand, really), and I look at her, not having a clue what she’s gonna do next.

notes; Here have a Sabre XD
“Speech.”

@Aquila || image || table
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
of the sea
The gasp, the hiss, the locking of limbs and flurry of snow as the foal slams to a shocked halt before her— it does not surprise the militant woman. Others find her ridges strange, her stare alien, her fins otherworldly. And they are right to. She is otherworldly. She is from the Rift, from beneath the waves; she is a woman that knows the martial arts much better than how to converse with a foal— a filly, as the lilt of this blood-marked child indicates.

Scaled ears pin as an icy spray of snow precedes the abrupt halt of the filly. A harsh, snarling snort shakes free the snowflakes from her face, but still some takes purchase amid the ridges of her neck— uncomfortably cold and slowly melting amid her scales. Large eyes stare unnervingly into the child’s gold eyes, impatiently waiting for an answer to her question.

She falters over her words at first, causing the seahorse to flick of her tail that brings a rattle from her barbs. “I thought you were someone else.” Her scaled lips twitch, “Clearly.” Her low voice was dry, as it is apparent by the shocked look on the filly’s face (and her following question) that Aquila is not what the youth was expecting.

The tips of her sharp teeth purposefully show as she answers the brazen, demanded question of the filly, “I am Akvian,” her throaty voice is proud, now, as ridges flaring on her arching, muscular neck. “My name is Aquila,” her gaze still does not blink or break from the filly’s, “Yours?”

Though the youth’s bold nature rankles the mare as a challenge, she cannot fight the child. (Can she?) So, instead, she waits for an answer.
Image Credits

@Sabre

Please tag Aquila in all posts.