the Rift

[OPEN] Away From There to Here

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

Away from the Dragon's Throat I can think. Away from the Dragon's land I can breathe. Away from the herd I consider staying but to the Dragon, to the God of the Sun, I know I will return. If any were to ask why I so often flew from the herd lands to the Isles I would claim to be strengthening my flight muscles. I would say that I was training the wings that I had not known how to use whenever I was younger and that I had therefore weakened. That I just fly to make up for lost time. I mutter the same lie to myself, "Mere exercise."

Flames come to life and race each other along the length of my feathers. Once they reach the ends they fade as if they had never been. The only sign that the flames had ever lived is the remaining burning sensation. I hope that they live on in the eye of another. Three times I have already circled the Riptide Isles this will be the fourth and final time. I have heard the saying that 'the third time is a charm' but it is not charm that I desire. I search for luck.

I have not made it a habit to fly around the Isles to build muscle. I come to look for the haunted stallion with the eyes of mint. I hope that I was lucky enough to have made a friend and that I will be lucky enough to find him again. If the third time is a charm then I hope that the fourth time is luck. Flying low over the Riptide Isles I light my flames like a beacon and I search for the stallion that I have so often wondered about.. and worried for.

Tag;; @Timothy
Notes;; So she is just kind of flying about flashing her flames hoping that they would catch his attention if he is still in the area.

THICK SKIN & AN ELASTIC HEART

but your blade, it might be too sharp

image by FoolishSunsets

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Timothy Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: 2 (Birdsong)
Watermel0nBob

Do you ever give up boy? Your lungs struggle to gasp for air, eyes hazy with undernourishment, ribs the only source of your existence, as you begin to wither away into nothing. Yet you so desperately search for her, for those golden eyes that took your breath away and made you feel something. A moment you might never feel again, not with me at your heels, nipping deliciously at the visible bone that most likely won't ever go away. You've lost your appetite, or maybe it's because you simply don't want to try eating anymore, either way you look as if you're going to crumble into dust any moment. Your gaunt skull looks to and fro, swaying in a habit you've adopted quite recently. Your body follows in tune, as if it is following a mantra only you can hear. Your eyes hold no life, devoid of anything but the slightest of motions when you move them in different directions. You are undead almost, working only on primal instinct that is surprisingly tenacious. Who knows how long until you finally croak.

Yet before you can even begin to surrender yourself to the darkness, a bright flame brings you back to life. It flickers in the distance and shoots out, as if a beacon meant for you and only you. It is your salvation, the light at the end of your tunnel and you reach for it, breaking into a feeble run towards it... towards her. Tears are streaming, heart is beating fast as you yearn for her, her touch and that sweet voice calling your name. You don't remember when you had begun to miss her, or when you decided you needed her to be with you again, but as soon as the hunger emerged, it only grew in size and ate up your entire existence with its desire. So here you are, running to what might possibly be her in hopes that you can just see her one last time before you finally keel over. Though I'd be surprised if she were actually happy to see you in the state you are in.

Yet you don't care about me, no, you never do when it comes to her, which makes my blood boil. She is the only thing standing in my way to you, to devouring everything you are, and you hold onto her so desperately like she will be your knight in shining armor. How ironic that a dimwit like you would be the damsel in the distress. She's in view now, gliding closer than before to the ground, close enough that should she turn your way she will see you and come in for a landing. You beg for her to look, to notice you when no one else would, because when her eyes are on you you feel complete. Only when she is with you are you liberated, and that is what you aim to do.

"Fae..." you croak, praying to whatever Gods may be about that she can hear you, your legs continue to fight to keep moving but it's a losing battle. You're on the ground and you're crashing, falling into an oblivion at the thought that you missed her... she's gone and she won't be back. Your eyes are staring, pleading for her to turn to you, to accept you into her chocolate wings and make you feel whole again. You've lost your chance, she's surely gone, don't think she'll ever be back for you. You think she'd continue to look for a worthless sack of bones such as yourself? Don't get your hopes up so much. Give in now Timothy, it's only a matter of time before she destroys you. No... you murmur, tears filling those eyes of mint and blurring your vision, a look of anguish on those pure features of white. To think something so beautiful could be so ugly when they cry...

NOTES;

image credits | table credits

@Faeanne

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!!!

PLEASE ASK BEFORE INJURING/MAIMING MY CHARACTER!! (Any other physical interaction is permitted)

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

I thought it was wishful thinking that made me see the vivid white against the dark greens and browns of the island. But I know him to truly be there whenever I see the state that he is in. "You," I do not even know what to say, "are terrible at --," Terrible at what? Living. "this." I smile to let him know that the words are not unkind. But it is a tight smile, constrained by concern. His condition is worse from the last time that I saw-- him. I cannot remember his name. I absentmindedly chew my lip. Now that I have finally found him I feel awkward.

"Frostfall has not been particularly bad this year," I clasp my wings tight to my sides feeling guilt for my own body and its well fed shape. "Why are you like this?" My feathers ruffle in reaction to the stress this stallion gives me. He will prematurely age my gold hairs to grey at this rate. He is a full grown stallion. Does he not know how to feed himself? Does he still seek out his dam's teat? Is that who he wishes me to be towards him? The thought makes me stiffen and snort. I care to be no ones keeper.

But isn't it I who sought him out?

My feathers flatten and shift to how they should be. The frustration that I feel does not belong to him. It is solely birthed by my myself and is only directed towards myself. Why do I feel so much for this blumbering stallion? To feel such attachment is foolish; my birth mother left me with only that lesson.

I am scared by what I feel.

"I want to help you," I do not know what triggers the memory of his name but I am suddenly, breathtakingly, aware of it, "Timothy."

Tag;; @Timothy

THICK SKIN & AN ELASTIC HEART

but your blade, it might be too sharp

image by FoolishSunsets

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Timothy Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: 2 (Birdsong)
Watermel0nBob

Her words are heaven upon your ears, a succulent melody you will forever cherish as she closes in on you? You fucking freak. You look at her cheerfully, ignoring her words because you're too hazed by your fatigue to actually register them. Your eyes move to watch her wings flutter, to land upon her supple sides that show her womanly curves. You look into her eyes again, those brilliant gold irises that always capture your utmost attention. She longs to help you she says, though her looks indicate she thinks you're a fucking idiot; which you are. You manage to stand, to sway to and fro upon your stick like legs, you are a walking skeleton which is certainly not at all attractive. Yet you smile anyway, a goofy smile that makes you look oddly creepy, and before you're even thinking you're moving forward in an attempt to hug her.

"I misssed yew..." you slur haphazardly, your mind beginning to ebb due to the fact that you most likely haven't eaten in days. Your eyes are foggy and you're giggling, hiccuping as if you're absolutely intoxicated, and in all honesty, I don't need to really do anything to cause you to falter, you're digging the hole for yourself. Your lips attempt to find her cheek... her neck... her shoulder and the soft feathers of her wings, the things you've remembered tickling your back and leaving you comforted. You want them around you again, and so with terrible coordination you try to lift one over your shoulder, to hold you and give you warmth.

It fails and you nearly topple over, causing you to laugh and to look at her with probably the most genuine smile you've ever made, and she will ever see. Stumbling towards her face once more you bring your face inches to hers, meeting her gaze lazily and murmuring in that gurgled tone of yours," Yew... Yew got purdy eyes.... I've I've I've-" You lift your head up as if to be matter of fact, before crashing into her with all of your weight (although it's not much because look at you, you're fucking anorexic) and laugh loudly, closing your eyes and resting yourself against her: "Always liked 'em."

NOTES; Don't even ask....

image credits | table credits

@Faeanne

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!!!

PLEASE ASK BEFORE INJURING/MAIMING MY CHARACTER!! (Any other physical interaction is permitted)