the Rift

[OPEN] Time is a piece of wax

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

So innocent; pure & sweet.

Cream hooves carried her perfectly tones body across the frozen landscape. It was a long journey, and they had traveled very far to get here. Edge was mild this frostfall, and the Basin had seemed to feel this way as well. Her teal orbs caught the site of mound of earth reaching towards the frozen sky. Time felt like it was at a stand still. She had remembered the time that she saw her sister for the first time in years. Memories flooded her crown as they grew closer and closer. Tin stayed near the child to protect her as much as he could. His green eyes looked softly over to her with a hint of kindness and trust gleaming within them. Her Melodic words drifted into the air chasing the frozen breath of her maw So who is your father?  Kind eyes traced over the child's body with a smile. She was curious why the father was home in the Basin and not wanting to be with his child, but she was not one to judge. Readen found her gaze looking at the large metal dilapidated sentinels. She was not sure if they still protected the Basin, but she was not going to take her chance. Her cream hooves stared to cross the frozen snow covered bridge. Silver flecks glowed as she looked down to the spikes below. "Please watch your step" She looked to the filly as they started crossing the bridge. Tin walked closer the to filly to insure she would not slip across the ice covered ground. Raeden came to a halt right at the metal unicorns. Her body did not dare to take her further into the basin. She looked into the walls of the frozen world wondering how it was fairing and how her sister was doing.

Teal eyes looked to her companion as she stood still not moving an inch. Her long cream mane flowed in the soft wind that floated through the towering sentinels. We must wait for someone to come greet us, never barge into a herds home. You can get hurt if you are not welcome into their lands. This is very important, you must know your limits and what you can push. She looked to the child to explain why she was not just walking into the Basin's land. Her crown looked around before she lifted her skull into the air to call her sister. Her normally light voice roared from her chest to echo through the cave of the basin dwellers. She wanted to make sure her sister could hear her tones from where ever she was. Hopefully she would not be attracting unwanted guests, or unwelcoming spirits. Raeden and Tin stood waiting for who ever was going to come greet them and the filly. The pale mare oped it would be Ru, but you never know who will answer your call. Her long tail flicked across her haunches as she waited. I hope your father will be here. She smiled to the filly looking down. 

speaking 

Image Credits

@D'Arcy
@Hotaru

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The wind was bitterly cold, and it threatened to slice into the midnight girl's cobalt hide. She stood in the shadow of a large boulder, betraying the warm sun and instead attempting to seek shelter by blocking the wind. Birdsong was around the corner, and though Ki'irha loved her infinite-frostfall home, the relief Birdsong would bring was much anticipated. She shivered beneath her insulated hood, which she had pulled as high as her ears to keep out the chill. Each breath rose softly from her nostrils in frosted puffs, and she shifted uneasily from side-to-side to loosen her frozen muscles.

In the distance, two forms approached. She narrowed her eyes as she strained to see them. The closer they came, she was able to sort out that it was a mare and a filly. Mother and child? Certainly it could be assumed, as the filly didn't look old enough to be far from her mother for long. She remained quiet, hidden within her shadows, as the pair came to a stop. She shook her hood down away from her ears, and they twisted towards the pair to catch their words. She was only able to catch a few words from the mare, and none from the child. What she was able to hear provided enough to assume the first part, but she missed the final statement about searching for family.

It was nice to hear the mare remind the filly on proper visiting etiquette. Typically when she met those who wandered onto their doorstep, she met them with coldness until she could be sure they came with no ill-will. Perhaps it wasn't the most becoming way to greet newcomers, but she believed that she needed to be a protector first, and a friend second. But it was obvious with these two that that they came with respect. A smile warmed her features, and she felt no need to jump to the defensive.

"That is a very valuable lesson," she began, stepping from her post in the shadows. The light poured over, alighting her coat in a vivid blue sheen. Keen eyes sparkled as they met the stunning blues of the filly. Her voice was warm, as she was not threatened in the slightest by the strangers, and did not want to frighten the child. "It is the polite thing to do. You should always wait for an invitation before entering someone's home." She lifted her head, meeting the mare's gaze.

"Hello. I am Ki'irha, the Aurora Basin General. Please excuse my eavesdropping, but it is part of my responsibility to intercept newcomers." She dipped her head in a respectful greeting. "What brings you this far north? The journey tends to be dangerous this time of year." Especially for a child. The last part she didn't say out loud, but she couldn't help but think it. Typically, many of the passes were blocked with snow, and the ice could give way to deadly ravines if a careless hoof stepped out of line. She shrugged at her internal thoughts, though the slight shift of her shoulders could easily be attributed to the cool breeze.

Ki'irha

@d'Arcy @Raeden ~
Figured I'd drop in. If this isn't alright just let me know and I'll delete. I tried to leave it open for d'Arcy to do her thing and Ki wouldn't impede any discussion.
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

[Note: I aged d’Arcy up to about a year and a half. Shouldn’t make a huuuuge difference]

It was easiest tor the girl to trail slightly behind her mentor. From half a step back she was better positioned to watch the mare as they moved northward and therefore better prepared to follow any changes in direction in the trail. She followed, mile after mile without complaint and listened avidly to any tidbits of information that Raedin gave her along the way. Young as she was, d’Arcy had at least reached to point in her intellectual development where she understood that she did not know everything, though she was already determined to remedy that defect and what better way than learning from the World’s Edge Sleuths?

Agile red legs, stockinged in white, picked their way carefully across the frozen ground keeping her close to the pale mare and her forrest companion. Though she bristled at the though of needing protection from most others, the cerndyr did not bother her. His eyes were kindly and soft, and though she was hesitant to place to much trust she liked him to be near. If it was his power, like she suspected, that had hidden Raeden once, maybe he would hide her if they came across any trouble.

“His name is Déodat. He’s a corporal for the Basin.” She said in voice that was already starting to loose the cherubic soprano of childhood. She answered the question with out any hesitation but, as was her wont, did not volunteer anymore information than was required. d’Arcy followed Raeden across the narrow pass, eyeing the old sentinels with a wary eye but shifted her blue gaze to meet her chaperone’s teal as the latter warned her about pushing limits. Red head bent in a swift nod of ascent and she came to stand at the mare’s side, but was soon turning at the sound of another.

A star-clad mare stepped from the shadows and greeted them politely. the little red bent her head attentively, as her mother had taught her, and then took a moment to take in the mare. The strange dusky blue of her coat was certainly interesting but not unheard of in the Edge. It was the title she gave that interested d’Arcy. Here stood the Basin’s counterpart to her own mother and the girl wandered how she measured up. at first meeting Ki’irha seemed smaller and perhaps softer than the Ironheart, but d’Arcy put little worth in what she saw at first glance. Even after her nod she did not speak, instead glancing at Raeden to see if she would introduce them. She had yet to allow herself any real emotional attachment to the pale mare, but she certainly planned to learn from her.

ain't no mercy in my smiling
only fangs and sweet beguiling
Art by Frostie <3
@Raeden @Ki'irha
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
He is drawn from the quiet of his isolation by the nudges of his companion. The aging soldier drags himself down from his cave, grumpy in demeanor as ever. He releases a slow breath and comes out as a plume in the cold air. Déodat walks along and is quickly joined by the company of Odette who pants as she trots at his side. Faint red marks are along her muzzle from what he can guess was her latest meal.

In the distance he can see a group starting to form. Both ears prick forward in slight curiosity until he makes out the shape of his interest. “… Shit.. She’s grown,” he mutters to himself. The soldier thinks back to the filly and colt back at the beach, how young and small they had been. For a moment he wonders where his son might’ve wandered off to. Are the twins as close as they once had been? It all feels irrelevant for the moment as he watches from a distance as the current general intercepts them. Déodat knows he’s been lacking in his duties, but, he can’t quite find it in himself to care. He loves his frigid home but he no longer devotes his every waking breath to the Basin. The place he resides in has evolved and become almost foreign to him. The legacy of the plague has faded from memory and it’s members have dwindled.. Even his own line has started to fade from Helovia. Yet, when he looks at d’Arcy he feels assured in his place.. There is no fear that his line won’t continue on in greatness. Even from a distance, Déodat can feel a sense of pride.

He gives Ki’rha a simple dip of the head before turning to look at d’Arcy. “It is good to see you,” he says with a gentle voice and a dip of his head.

hope you don't mind Déodat crashing.
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA