the Rift

[OPEN] hell is other people

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

OIZYS

she's the giggle at a funeral

At a few days old, the eaglet is trying to fly.

It's cute.

Those grey, chicken-esque little wings flutter and flail as Ker tries to take flight for the first time. She looks nothing like the swooping, diving majesty of her full-grown relatives - she looks awkward and useless as she readies herself for her first attempt at elevation. But God loves a trier, and the chick certainly tries. She throws herself from the filly's stout quarters, flapping her stunted, downy wings with hummingbird-esque speed. For one moment, she hovers in the air, and trills with delighted success - then gravity gets the better of her and she falls to the ground, rolling along in a ball of downy grey feathers until she comes to an unkempt halt at the edge of the crimson falls.

Oizys laughs until she coughs.

Ker unfurls, unfolds, her wounded dignity throbbing in the filly's mind. Although she has shed some of her downy feathers - she is growing fast, faster than Oizys thought birds could grow - the remaining ones still weigh her down. She isn't yet ready for flight, but that doesn't stop her clambering up her bonded's leg with savage hooks of her beak and claws and trying again, kamizake style.

Her second, third, fourth flights all end in disaster. Oizys continues to laugh, leaning against a nearby tree to watch the chick's antics. Her lion's tail twines around her thighs, her grey gaze fixed on the creature that's melded to her mind.

If Ker wishes to remain bonded, she's going to have to do better than that. Oizys will not share her mind with something weak. But, if nothing else, the chick is showing herself to be durable - she keeps trying, despite the aches and bruises that she's radiating into the girl's mind.

Image Credits

@Kvasir - Sorry for the slowness in getting it up!

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable

I was young. But adventurous. Mom was protective, but neglegant, if that makes any sense. Sometimes she was paying to close attention and others she was probably wallowing in self pity, or something of the order. I'm not entirely sure. I mean, mom loves me, but I kinda know she resents me too. Which is why I got the hell outta dodge and came here. I still don't know how to fly, but that is okay!

I can easily prance around and look very handsome, and show off my wonderful feathers for all to see. If you hadn't noticed, I am very proud of my heritage. I would grow to be a big and regal creature, there is no doubt in my mind. I will have all the curves from my parents, with the movement of a warmblood and the baroque of a Freisian and Andalusian.

Everyone would be lucky to know me.

Kvasir, son of Glacia and Rhoa. Hello. The two coolest critters in the northern and southern parts of Helovia. Well, I guess maybe not. Moms a wreck, and Dad? Hell, I haven't seen dad since he was bellowing nonsense at my birth. So I guess maybe they where slightly lame.

Lame in the sense that they where not cool. Not that they had anything wrong with the way they walked. They walked perfectly fine the last time I saw them.

But back to the real stuff now.

THERE IS A GIRL. HOLY SNOW BALLS. I mean she's bigger than me, and honestly from watching over here she's a bit terrifying intimidating. All smooth watching her bird repeatedly fail at flying. Why isn't she helping?

My voice is suddenly whinnying out as I trotted towards the girl and her flopping chicken. My wings spread down and I lower my nose to the bird on the ground. I stay far enough away, but my intent is clear. slowly I flap my wings, creating a powerful gust of air. It is a simple movement to show the bird to stop flapping it's wings every which way. The thing could pull something. And then my head raises to look at the girl leaning against a tree, and I smile brightly at her, before looking around at the snowy plane and the roaring falls of blood red water, only to look back at her. "Uhm, Hi! I'm Kvasir."

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes:
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pegasus-St...-319894487 In case you wanted to know how he was prancing in <3
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

OIZYS

she's the giggle at a funeral

There's another, an intruder on their private moment of wicked laughs and failed flights. He is a he, and he has wings. A horn like her, and wings.

This makes him quite interesting. The girl's brow carves itself into a frown, tightening the livid scars on the right side of her face. He advances, prancing, his movements enviable - he is showy and elegant, where Oizys is lumbering and cumbersome.

Through narrowed grey eyes, she sees him lower his nose down towards Ker, where she flaps uselessly on the ground. "Don't!" barks the filly, knowing what's coming, feeling the eagle in her mind go !!!!! at the sight of a big muzzle descending on her.

Ker strikes, aiming a sharp peck for the flesh between the colt's nostrils. She flutters her wings angrily, ill-tempered and unhappy about being watched at her fail. Oizys' young mind fills with a strange mix of feelings radiating from the chick - she is still getting used to her own mind, her own existence, so to have another presence in her head is quite daunting for one of her tender age. Alas, that's how it happened. The egg hatched for her, and now she's stuck with the useless grey fluffy thing that can't even fly. She feels some, perfunctory affection for Ker, but does not think she would miss the eaglet if she were gone.

But their relationship is still fledgling. Maybe when the chick can do more than just flutter and flail, Oizys will find her more appealing.

The colt flaps his wings, ruffling Oizys' mane and Ker's feathers. The chick - unable to understand that the boy is trying to help her - aims another ill-tempered nip for his nose, provided he hasn't already retreated after the first.

He looks at Oizys, and the fierce young girl meets his gaze, sizing him up. She has never met a boy before, save for Father - but he is all man, and she cannot comprehend that he was ever this small. He gives a name, and Mother has taught the monstrous girl her manners, if little else; "I am Oizys. Be wary of the chick, she has a temper." Her face splits into a wicked grin. "S'nice place, isn't it?" She looks to the lovely bloody waterfall, the eerie trees, the looming shadows.

Image Credits

@Kvasir