the Rift

[PRIVATE] So We Meet Again?

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

After my return to the Edge, we had left again almost at once. It didn't make sense but at the same time it did. I needed to explore, to see the other side of Helovia that did not contain blood. To see the real beauty of my new home. Never again would I wander outside of Helovia. I would give up my dream of returning home and becoming a Queen one day. I was obviously not destined for such things. Now does this mean that I am not destined for greatness? By no means! I can still becoming great, a ruler even. But I, just as the Kings and Queens of the Edge before me would have to put in my time, sweat and tears to make it so. 

So as a start, I needed to learn the other lands around the Edge that did not belong to other herds. Dae clings to my side, as her fear of losing me poured through our bond. I still don't fully understand this, or how I feel what she does or vise versa. We are both still learning every day how this bond thing works. 

But back to the unassigned task at hand. The first place I go, is back to a huge meadow. From what I understood, it was kind of the center of all of Helovia. With a soft smile, I think of the last time I had been here. It was both embarrassing and interesting. I had tripped straight over a unicorn stallion. He had been laying in the grass with his own bonded. If I remember right, he had been a warrior from another herd. But then again, I had hit my head pretty hard. You crush on him too. Dae's soft voice whispered. Oh if I could blush my face would probably be the brightest red possible. As it was, the heat from my face most likely rivaled a TallSun day. I did not! But the satisfied feeling coming from my bonded told me she didn't buy it a bit. Not like I stood a chance of running into him again anytime soon... 

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

@Ciceron
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Spring had drastically changed the landscape from one with formidable hazards into a place that was the complete opposite. Instead of harsh icy wind the breeze blew idly bringing with it the teasing hints of what was to come in the warmer Tallsun months. Tossing his head forward into a playful buck the grey warrior took no shame in letting himself loosen up and just enjoy the sunshine and all the other pleasures that the season brought along. Healthy and happy was a strange sensation for the silver stallion who had welcomed the commonality of various injuries from sparring. Lately his duties had taken him further from the ring and out into the open fields wandering around looking for danger. With nothing to report thus far you could say that he was itching to get back into the grind and work off a bit of this pent up energy he had seemingly acquired.

Up ahead of him the grasses parted to reveal the black and white canvas of his beloved companion Kiara as she scouted the route up ahead. There had been a fair number of rough patches over the last year and it had only been because of his tigeress that he had come through the opposite side as well as he had. Pausing his steps as a familiar scent drifted across the breeze the stallion lifted his silver eyes to find the mare he had met here by sheer accident a few months prior. It had been a chance meeting when the fair footed maiden had tripped over his torso when he had been carelessly lounging in the sunshine. If he recalled correctly she had taken a pretty decent spill in the process but he could not remember her name, if she had even been so kind as to present him with it.

Shaking out his long locks so they feel casually around his thick neck he turned to head over to met his friend to see how she might be feeling. It was rather interesting to think they had met here both times now. Clearing his throat so not to startle the poor girl he stopped a few meters from her to avoid and sudden startled movements, he would hate to be the cause of yet another injury on her behalf. "Fancy meeting you here." He joked playfully shooting the mare a kind grin. "How have you been?"

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Calypso •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

It was nice, to be out on our own again. To not have to worry about who is who among the Edge... With a soft sigh I even realized it was nice not to have to carry the pressure of being a princess around anymore too. A part of me feels guilty for this, as royalty is in my blood. I should of been like my twin, eager to fight for our home. But then again, I was always the softer one of the two of us. We had been raised to rule as one. I knew early on that my brother and I were both meant for the crown in the future. But we had not given much thought beyond that. I had been groomed for the diplomacy side of things, while my twin for the defense and protection...

The sound of someone clearing their throat catches my attention, and at once Dae is chiming in my head. Speak of the handsome devil now. If he had not been right there, I would of thrown her a dirty look. But well... "Fancy meeting you here." At first I was nervous, until I saw his grin. At once I relaxed. It wasn't a hard thing to do around the steel grey knight. "How have you been?" I sighed softly, and debated telling the truth or just sugar coating it with the 'i'm fine' response. For now, until I know him better I chose option two. I've been good, just trying to settle into life in Helovia.... My voice trails off for a moment before I go on. How about you, um.... I'm sorry but I am afraid even though I remember you, I don't seem to remember your name...

Dae stirs at my side, eyeing the tigress companion. I remember from last time, her dislike of the cat. Even still, she peeks out from my side. Maybe, now that she was older she wanted to be friends with the steel grey's companion? I can hope...

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

@Ciceron

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Awaiting his response from the spotted mare his mind ventured back to their first meeting once more trying to recall names. Everything about the encounter he could remember in detail so it bothered him that something as simple as a name could evade him. Surely she had given hers to him at some point or another he mused fighting against the blockage suppressing his memories. It was difficult to remember things from the past but with something recent he should not be having this much difficulty. The block had been something his mother had placed over him at a young age to protect him from the reality of his past life, but from what he could tell it should not effect anything else.

"You are being to hard on yourself, everyone can forget things." Kiara added silently dragging his focus away from his frustrations. Shifting his weight slightly to avoid fidgeting he knew that she was right. Maybe he was just being to hard on himself and that was all there was to it. "Guess you could be right." He confessed with a soft huff. It was just hard to remember most things but forget much of his past history. It came to him in pieces, all fragmented and torn. None of it made much sense until it did and most of it was never things he wanted to know. Why couldn't things just remain as they were without there having to be so many unturned stones?

I'm sorry but I am afraid even though I remember you, I don't seem to remember your name... The words were like a prayer answered from the heavens giving him the chance to not have to admit that he had forgotten. "Ciceron, and Kiara." He replied with a gentle smile before nodding down to where Kiara had sat down beside him. "Remind me again of yours?" Breaking down he had to add this into the conversation for he had to admit defeat. There was no way her name was going to come to him on a whim and he would be skating on thin ice should he just continue to wing it and hope she slipped up and reintroduced herself at some point.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks
Silent Speech

•• TAGS: @Calypso •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

"Ciceron, and Kiara." I sighed softly with relief as he smiled oh so gently. I do not remember the name of the beast I was to be mated with. I call him a beast simply because of his actions spoke louder than any word he had ever spoken to me. Ciceron on the other hand, was already proving to be twice if not more the knight in shinning armor than the former ever had been. I smiled softly as he spoke again. "Remind me again of yours?" If I could of blushed I would have. But of course I can't so. Calypso, and Daenerys. At the sound of her name my bonded cerndyr stepped forward from my side and made a soft bleating noise.

I have to admit I am glad he asked for my name again. Simply because I do not remember if he had gotten it the first time we met. I had fallen head over heels over his frame, and well to be honest I don't remember much more than that. It had been after we parted ways that I had headed out of Helovia and back to see what was left of my old him. Dae quickly steered my thoughts away from this fact and back to the stallion before me. At least this time I am not disturbing you... By well you know falling over you. I grinned, making a joke at my own expense. But hey, I have to get the conversation going somehow. Anything new with the herd you were from, I believe you called it the Hidden Falls?

I stopped short, not wanting to act as if I was to curious about him. I might be desperate for friends, but I don't want to seem desperate. Dae and I had been fine on our own for this long. Even with her growing up more and more each day. Her own set of antlers had begun to grow in about six months or so ago. Even now, her tines probably rivaled my own. She now stood at just short of what we figured was her full height. I cast her a glace then, realizing it has almost been a year since we bonded. Give or take a month. Time chance m'lady. I smile but knew what she meant. Times change little one. Not chance. She huffed softly, but knew I was only trying to help with her speech.

Image Credit

@Ciceron