the Rift

[PRIVATE] Snow and Sand

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
I'd sell my soul just to see your face. 
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.

This was the worst time of the year, if you asked him anyway. Even though he had been born in Frostfall the stallion hated the cold. Sure, snow was beautiful, but it was deadly. A shiver shook through his pelt as his silver eyes looked out over the water. The midday sun was weak, just managing to take the chill from the air. His bones on the other hand were still cloaked with the cold from the night before. He sighed heavily before looking around. Right now he couldn't think of a better way to warm up than to go for a run. Stiff legs moved slowly as he rose from his sandy bed. Pausing the stud shook the loose scratchy grains from his fold and teal pelt. Large teal and silver rimmed wings extended as he stretched the feathery appendages out.

The stallion smiled softly as his blood slowly started to warm. Teal ivy marked legs moved smoothly from his body as he shifted into a trot. After a few steps he moved into a canter enjoying the way his long forelock flew back form his face. A large smile saturated his handsome masked features. The thrumming of his legs matched the pounding of his heart. He felt free, not as free as flying, but free all the same. Smiling brightly the stallion loped easily through the thick sand. It was second nature by now to soar through the clinging grains.

Sometime later he found himself out of breath and sweating slightly. Slowing to a trot that man moved towards the oasis his throat as parched as the sand under his hooves. By the time he reached the cool freshwater he felt like he was dying of thirst. As soon as his hooves touched the bank his horned head was lowered. Dry lips sucked greedily at the water drawing down great mouthfuls at a tame enjoying the crisp clean taste. Finally sated the man lifted his head and stood with his rear right hoof cocked. He wondered vaguely if anyone would show up to brighten his day.

Speech
Words;; 348
OOC/Tags;; 359 @Amani
Image Credit
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me