the Rift

Here again

Cowboy Posts: 22
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 3 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Here he was, back in Helovia, the place that sparked his interest in his father. Blue and brown eyes gazed around at the familiar trees as he thought about all that happened. After meeting Nato he had been spurred to find out more about his birth father. When Nato had disappeared the stallion had went back to his mother. Getting the name he needed had been like pulling teeth; horrible. He hated everything about what he had done to weasel the information from his mother. Guilt twisted his heart painfully as he watched the soft snow fall. It had taken a lot over three years to get the single name and place he needed; Tyradon and Helovia. Well, he knew one of those things at least.

A snort rippled from his large muzzle as he moved forward once more. He had changed so much since he time back at his birth home. He was tall, with a long back, thick neck, and heavily stacked muscles. He assumed the muscles had come from his father, rather than his mother's lean body. His coloring had changed as well, now he was clearly a red roan with dark chestnut legs and face. He was perfectly ordinary, from the right side anyway. The left was a different story, a ribbon of white wrapped around his back leg and tied in smoothly with the crescent moon that curved towards his flank. He was plain but uniquely him. A smile played over his large handsome face as he moved through the soft blanket of snow and thick trees. He knew how this worked and as sure someone would run into him eventually.

OOC;; I will have a table soon xD Anyone but the Throat please. I can't promise he'll go with anyone though so good luck! lol
[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

YOU CAN'T STRAY FROM WHAT YOU ARE
YOU'RE THE CLOSEST THING TO HELL I'VE SEEN SO FAR

The monolith does not come to recruit - he has nothing to recruit for. It is simple curiosity that brings him here, to the one place that his well-worn hooves have not trodden. He knows not that he was conceived here, created alongside his sister through the collision of lustful sire and heinous dam, nor that this is the last bastion of Helovia before the wilderness outside - no, he comes here through pure chance, and a sense of cavalier adventure.

His stride is a leggy trot, stretching aching muscles and sinews. He has battled countless times recently, and his body is a canvas of scars and bruises - sometimes he wakes up so stiff he can hardly move, and not in the way he likes. Every throb of pain is worth it, however, because each battle brings him closer to his ultimate goal of ruling. The beast is a warlord in the making, a titan armed with dragons and raw power, and even if he has to suffer the worst pain known to man to accomplish it, he will.

After all, without pain, glory is worthless.

There are countless smells here, and the vagabond's massive head swings side to side as he devours them all. His stride slows to a plodding, earth-shaking walk, crunching through the snow as he prowls without rhyme nor reason. It it just happens that he sees another stallion between the trees, trees that his dragons dart through like ominous shadows of glimmering red and gold; he is unsure what makes him move towards the stranger, but he does. "Hello." The rough rumble of his voice ripples through the air, and his titanic body moves to a halt. "Who are you?" The behemoth cannot know that this is where newcomers arrive to look for homes - he simply thinks it another land that he has not yet covered, that he has not yet marked as his own.

@Cowboy

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Adoptable

COWBOY
I may be a real bad boy,
But baby I'm a real good man.

The stallion wonders on drawing in the cold air and expelling hot vapor. Blue and brown eyes drift lazily over the trees around his fire colored body. It was odd being back here after all this time, but pleasant. He wondered silently if Nato was still around. The could remember the kind older man. Black and white telling him he was a fool for leaving his mother so early. A kind smile brushed his lips as he thought of the way the black and white stallion had welcomed him to his home. Kaj had met them at the glass wall, what was left of it anyway.

As he wondered he allowed the memories to float through his head for a moment. Then he tried to make a game plan on how to find his father. Being young he only came up with asking everyone he saw. A sigh ruffled his whiskers as he gazed out at the trees. Suddenly to giant flying lizards flew over his head, a gold and red. Dual colored eyes shifted quickly from the scaly beasts to a furred kind. The stallion was huge a hand taller than himself, covered in scars, and ample white feathering.

The stranger's head did not bow as he addressed Cowboy so he did not show the respect he had been taught to show. he studied the stallion silently for a moment before answering his question.

"My name is Cowboy."

He paused allowing his southern drawl to hang in the air for a moment before speaking again,

"Don't ya' know it's rude not to say your name first?"

There was no anger or challenge to his words, just mild curiosity.

"Are those creatures with you?"

His gaze shifted to the path the lizards had taken before turning back to watch the man. He stood still, body tensed ready to defend himself if the need arose. In all honesty, he was sure the monster could take him easily, especially with those scaly things flying about.

Drawl

Words/Tags;; 333 @Voletera
OOC;;
IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

The smaller stallion introduces himself, his voice heavily accented in a manner that Volterra has never before encountered. Alas, he follows it with a barb, and the colossus flips his ears backwards in irritation. "I do hope that isn't a criticism." The beast does not take well to criticism, and the dangerous glimmer in his eyes will hopefully tell the other male to reconsider any further comments of that ilk if he does not wish to find himself on the wrong end of Volterra's hooves. The tone of the words hadn't been confrontational, but Volterra is easily angered.

At the mention of the creatures, both his dragons hiss savagely. Vadir flares her massive wings, taking up the entire branch of the tree she's on; she is easily the largest of her species that Volterra has ever seen, much to Vérzés' displeasure. She is already bigger than the red, although her build is more feminine and sleek than his brawny, muscle-riddled frame. The golden queen's neck arches and her lips peel to display every viciously hooked fang; her tail, with its razor-sharp tip, swings lazily behind her. Royalty like her does not take kindly to being called a creature. Vérzés simply snorts, amused at his sister's prickly pride. She is usually so cold, a stark contrast to him and Volterra with their fierce, fiery tempers; yet her pride is easily wounded, her vanity absolute.

"Yes, they are with me - and they are dragons." The behemoth falls silent for a moment to let this sink in. "I am Volterra, and this is Helovia. If you have never seen a dragon before, I assume this is your first time here." He looks Cowboy up and down, his brow creasing into a frown - there's something oddly familiar about the man, but he simply cannot place what it is.

@Cowboy

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Adoptable

COWBOY
I may be a real bad boy,

Brown and blue eyes widened curiously as he watched what his words had done to the black and white's temper. "I did not mean any thin' by it, I was just curious." He wondered why he was so touchy about manners. Cowboy wondered silently if his mother was not in the picture. Maybe she had done him wrong some how, so he hated speaking of her. Once more he was in for a great surprise as the lizards hiss angrily at him from their tree. He watched them curiously wondering what in the world he had done to piss them off as well. The golden seemed much angrier than the scarlet.

"Uh, I didn't mean ta upset ya'll." His thick head bowed in respect to the lizards truly sorry for whatever he had done to bother them. Then the horse was speaking again introducing the creatures as dragons. His head bobbed as he commuted that to memory ears pricked to catch more words. He nodded once more as the stallion spoke his name; Volterra. "It's nice to meet ya, Volterra. I was here once before, but left after the one that had taken me to the World's Edge vanished." He fell silent for a moment before speaking again.

"I went back to my mother, I wanted to find out the name of my father. My mother described him to me, and you look a lot like him." His deep drawl drifted off as he eyed the beast wondering if this stallion was his kin. "His name was Tyradon, do you know him?" He was anxious to find his father, to know what other blood ran through his veins. Would he be happy to know what kind of man his father was or would he be disheartened? Only time and stories would show him how to feel about the mysterious sperm donor. For now he would be happy to take any information he could find about Tyradon.
Drawl
Words/Tags;; 326 @Voletera
OOC;;
IMAGE CREDITS
Please tag

His temper soothes, and his dragons cease their savage hissing, as the other stallion makes his apology clear. Good, comes the overriding emotion from each of the trio, as their muscles collectively relax and their eyes lose their hard steel edge. The volcano returns to lying dormant beneath the surface, and the brute bats his ears to show that all is forgiven and forgotten.

The other male reveals he's been in Helovia before, and Volterra glances upwards with interest. His interest turns to full-blown shock, however, as Cowboy speaks again. This time, his dragons react not with anger, but with an almost awestruck reverence; they suddenly sit perfectly still on their branches, not wishing to miss a word of the conversation that's bound to follow. Their tails wrap around their individual branches, whilst their powerful scaled forms lean forwards with rapt attention.

Tyradon. You look a lot like him.

A combination of words that has the behemoth's jowls dropping, his neck arching and mane swishing through the air as their meaning sinks in. "Tyradon." He repeats the name, his father's name - it is rare for Volterra to be taken by surprise, but Cowboy has accomplished it. Cowboy, his brother. He has a brother! That explains why the lad looked so familiar. So many questions bubble into the brute's head, but first he answers the one given by his relative. "Tyradon is my sire, too." It does not surprise him that Tyradon has other children, other sons - Volterra would be ashamed if he didn't. They are stallions, after all, and it is their right to sire as many foals as they can. No doubt he and Cowboy have other brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews that they do not know about.

"I do not know him well, however. He attended the birth of myself and my twin sister, Nymeria, along with his green dragon Cynder. He gave my sister a black dragon egg, helped give us our names, then he left." The goliath's voice is emotionless - he rarely dwells on the fact he'd grown up without a father. After all, there is no law saying a man must help raise the contents of his balls. "He rules a herd far outside Helovia, which he had to return to. I have not seen him since." He looks away, to his dragon companions, wondering what his father would think of them - apparently Tyradon's own father had a golden queen. Perhaps the great man would be proud of Volterra for his accomplishments. "So you will not find him here in Helovia. However, if you still wish to stay, perhaps I could encourage you to remain as an Outcast like myself rather than joining one of the herds. It allows us men to be men, you understand, without the bonds of a herd's laws." A wicked gleam in the stallion's eye should tell Cowboy exactly what he means by that.

@Cowboy

Adoptable

COWBOY
I may be a real bad boy,

He watches them all relax at once trying to remember if Nato had ever spoken to him about such things, but it had been so long ago. He fought back a sigh, he hated apologizing for something so trivial. His large head swung to the right sweeping his unruly mane out of his face, never taking his eyes off of the trio. He could see the scars lacing over the black and white's hide, and he was sure the dragons had seen just as many fights. Cowboy had been in a few scuffles here and there but nothing to shake a stick at. He wondered vaguely what it would be like to take part in a nasty brawl like the stallion before clearly took part in.

Everything changed the air became thick with tension drawing the stud from his thoughts of war. The scarlet and gold seemed to lean towards him still as statues perched within the trees. Time seemed to slow down as he turned his gaze to the stallion shock clear on his face. 'So he did know Tyradon.' Dark chestnut ears slid forward slowly as he waited for the words he was sure would come. He watched the stallion as the words dropped from his mouth. He stood in rapt attention watching the beast carefully as the words slowly settled in. 'His sire? Tyradon is his sire?' As the shock hit then ebbed swiftly it settled in. Volterra was his brother. His mouth set hard as he wondered the thought of having a half brother. It could work to his advantage, but it could also slander his name if Volterra was a problem within Helovia.

He was so lost in thought he almost missed something very important; almost being the key. "I have a sister?" The surprise was evident in his voice a bright smile lifted his dark lips up. His head nodded slowly as Volterra spoke of his, no, their father's herd. This was quite a bit to take in, he had siblings in Helovia, his father was not here, but with his own herd elsewhere. Cowboy had always assumed a traveling salesmen would have other children. It only made sense to spread your genes among many, to further your lines and legacy. He smiled darkly as his brother spoke of being a free man. His eyes twinkled just like the black and white's. "Brother, I have to agree it would be best to be free." He smirked for a moment before speaking again, "Do you happen to know anyone anyone else that shares our strong blood?" He smirked feeling a mighty power, a power he had never felt before: blood.

Drawl
Words/Tags;; 445 @Voletera
OOC;; We can keep going or be done up to you <3
IMAGE CREDITS
Please tag

The brute scans his brother's face for signs of a reaction, but sees only a hardened mouth - he idly wonders why. He is proud of the name he bears, of the infamy that rides heavy on his shoulders; both his parents were loathed by the vast majority of the Helovian populace, but only for their greatness. He wonders about Cowboy's mother, another woman deemed worthy of mounting by Tyradon. He wonders what sort of personality burns through the veins of his newfound sibling, whether Cowboy has the ambition, the greed, the lust, that defines Volterra.

I have a sister. His mind drifts to Nymeria, now. "Yes. She is a fine young woman." The thick rumble of his voice is filled with appreciation for his sister, the other half of his whole. The smaller man agrees to join the life of freedom, and Volterra flashes him a wolfish grin. "Come - I will show you the way into the rest of Helovia." He begins to walk away from the Threshold's entrance, expecting his brother to follow.

His colossal head turns, to continue to speak with the other male. At the question, he nods. "There is a man here named Argen, who is Tyradon's grandson. He was like a father to me in my youth." He has fond memories of the roan and his bronze, of the education he'd received from the older male. "I also have a child of my own, named Zhu." He has a element of pride in his firstborn son, little knowing of the others he has sired. "What of yourself? Where did you grow up?" Clearly he was not raised by their father either, judging by Cowboy's lack of knowledge about the man.

@Cowboy I don't mind! Maybe continue for a few more posts? :D