the Rift

[PRIVATE] Straight for the castle

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Lost. Knocked down. Wiped out. But, not forever.

Her last few spars had ended in defeat, and she clenched her jaw, retreating to the underground to hide her shame and swallow her pride alone for a few days. Cloven hooves kicked rocks into a pool, the humidity and constant temperature a welcome reprieve from the winter upstairs. The moisture clung to her pale coat, almost like sweat, but she was still relatively clean after her recent bath.

She couldn't walk across Helovia with blood still staining her hide. That would not be a mark of a warrior but the paint of a fool. Aithniel inhaled deeply and pushed the air out through her lips in a sigh, squeezing her eyes shut as she considered her future. Why as everything so damn hard? It's not like she expected it to be easy, but she had been beaten down enough now. She was ready to turn the corner into successful adulthood.

With her wings tucked close and Zera tucked in her feathers, she walked from room to room in the caves, hoping that the change in scenery would help inspire some sort of miracle in her head. But, as per usual, she only came up empty. "I am not sure what sucks worse, Zera: this world, or me?" The griffin cooed in argument.

The sound echoed through the great hall, bouncing off stalagtites and stalagmites, and even vibrating the thin layer of water under her hooves. Aithniel knew she had to make a plan. Being a warrior was her goal, the only thing that mattered right now. It was the only plan she had, so she had to stick to it anyway she knew how. Even if that meant beating her head forever against any warrior who would take her on.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

Everyone always left. They always disappeared even when they said they wouldn't. Shadow had promised not to leave and she was dead, gone and ever ever coming back. Erthe had made him promise to stay and he had, but now she had disappeared and left him clueless as to where to even begin looking. Still, he searched tirelessly for his tiny daughter and his search lead him out of the confines of the World's Edge to the land that bordered the Dragon's Throat. The only one there that he knew she would go to visit was Badger and a small flicker of jealousy ignited in his belly. Erthe was his daughter, not Badger's. Honestly, the stallion had every intention of marching up to the healer and telling him as much, but his eyes found the cave and he was drawn to it. 'Erthe like to explore. Maybe go there.' Vlasi commented as she peered down into the darkness. "Maybe so." Vadim returned through their bond before he began to make his way into the cave system.

Room by room the pair searched and came up empty. All three of Vlasi's heads were lowered to the ground, three noses sniffing and sorting out the plethora of scents and none of them finding a scent that belonged to the icy child. Still, the pair pressed on, intent on searching every room they could find in the desperate hope of finding the child that shouldn't have wandered off on her own.

"Erthe..." Vadim called out her name and listened as his voice echoed back to him, the only response it seemed he would be receiving.  'Maybe she not here.' Vlasi crooned sadly. It made Vadim frown and he turned to look back in the direction they had come from, hoping that he'd see his little girl sneaking up behind him, but there was nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Vadim sighed and motioned for Vlasi to begin leading them back out of the cave, but paused when he heard another's voice. It wasn't Erthe's, but it was distinctly female. The words she spoke, that he could hear echoing through the cave were ones that he was intimately familiar with. The stallion had spent a majority of his life wondering if the world was screwed up or if he were the screw up.

"Its the world that sucks." He answered back, his own voice echoing through the cave. There was more that he could say on the matter, but decided to leave it at that.

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

A deep, masculine voice echoed throughout the chamber, but its owner was hidden in shadow or in another room. Her hears shot forward and she lifted her neck curiously, a wry smile crossing her lips at his answer. The fact that he did not enter into some philosophical debate or ask her what she did wrong was refreshing, and she took a moment to ponder if she should go seek out the owner of this voice or keep this mystery a tantalizing adventure.

"How do you know?" she asked, turning around the cave a little. She stared at the walls as if they would reveal this stranger to her, but all she saw was darkness. "I could be a murderer. I could be burying bodies down here for all you know," she responded, smirking to herself. Zera made a tutting noise before curling back up again, wanting to nap and annoyed that Aithniel was yelling.

Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. She would uncover this mystery. Aithniel bounded from room to empty room until she came upon the cave's entrance and spied some freaky, three-headed animal near the tall and handsome form of a unicorn. Her stony, silver gaze swept over the musculature and strange blue markings he possessed and she found him to be rather handsome. At the very least, she was instantly attracted to his wit.

"What even is that?" she asked, nosing toward Vlasi. Aithniel moved forward without hesitation or embarrassment, getting up close to Vadim and smirking playfully. "And who even are you?" She paused. "And just in case you think I am not going to reciprocate, my name is Aithniel, and I come from the Dragon's Throat." Sweat clung to her sides from her rapid exploration, and one of her wounds opened up slightly, revealing a hint of blood.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!