the Rift

[JUDGED] killing in the name of [ Nymeria vs. Rikyn spar ]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
Perfume draws my eyes from the iridescent face of the water, the sweet smell accompanied by the traipsing of hooves, the leathery snap of dragon’s wings, drifting on the winds buffeting my forelock into my eyes as I look to her approach.

She seems older than she is. I don’t know why, unable to place a hoof upon it, because I know so few who have thrown away their innocence while still so young, and tender. That I still hold a card which she has since burned would be a matter of shame, if I could puzzle it all together – instead, the sight of her, the smell of her, inspires the same tightening, warm feeling that all mature women arouse in me, a feeling which is accompanied by a horrible disgust at myself for allowing her prettiness to override her simple brow. Her smile is devious, a familiarity to her amber gaze and mask adorned face that escapes me, for the time; what I do notice is that this woman is not a princess of flowers, a maiden lost in the world, frail as intricate loops of lace.

Care for a fight?” purrs moon face, her voice guttural, sensuous; the ice around us melts into a ring as she paces forward, all her curves swaying and her black pelt shining as the wind sends tendrils of her inky mane spilling across her body, the broil of the liquids strikingly warm after the penetrating chill that my hooves have grown accustomed to.

My smirk is lopsided as I look her over, sudden in the display of her magic, where it had been a straight line of condemnation – of her blank forehead, and my desire to bury my face into the thick locks splaying down her shoulders.

Distracting… but I’ve never refused a battle, especially with anyone of magical talent, even if she is a girl (a thought which, for a brief moment, makes me hesitate in the decision to accept her offer).

Besides, she’s only a horse, and she’s asked after all… What sort of gentleman would I be to refuse her?

No sooner has my head nodded consent to the conflict then I am stretching my legs beneath me, my crown lowered, locked and loaded for assault on her slightly smaller figure. The smell of her wild musk assaults me the closer I approach, the rainbow water splashing upwards against my legs and belly, quickly becoming miniature flecks of icy cold as the wind howls about me. Her dragon is bothersome, a note listened for over the croon of the winter bluster, but I know better than to worry myself with concern for a flying lizard I can barely hear, when I can clearly see its master.

I attempt to run along the left side from where she faces me, more comfortable with rightward gestures, entering into the fray with my stereotypical leap and stab movements. Attempting at the last second to surprise her with a sudden and hard jump to the right, I angle my horn for her right shoulder, rather than what had seemed to be my intent, her hips or side. The result is that, hopefully, I’ll end up in an off center, italicized T with the woman, my horn the connecting point between the two of us, so that the secondary forward bound (initiated as my head pulls back to the left, eyes eagerly searching through the tangles of my mane for the floating trail of blood spilling through the air, signifying success) following my initial strike might send my broad chest slamming into her own.

Even if it misses, I hope that the secondary movement will keep me at her front and more capable of seeing any incoming blows, rather than behind her or otherwise unfortunately positioned; my experiences with equines (Volterra especially, who, now that I think about it, looks an awful lot like her…) suggesting that, if given the opportunity, she’ll take aim for my legs, rather than the muscle structures of my body.

From the last experience with such damage, I’ll fall flat on my ass before I let her knock me on one of my joints.

1/3 | 688 words
in every heart a hole
Image Credit

@Nymeria

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: killing in the name of [ Nymeria vs. Rikyn spar ] - by Rikyn - 03-25-2016, 12:16 PM