the Rift

[PRIVATE] Stepping Forward

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
Brisa & Hikari

After the meeting had begun to disperse there was one who remained hoping to catch Archibald's attention. There were many things to discuss mainly about what she hoped would be more projects to work on but that was still to be decided. Her mind was a mess of thoughts here and there and everywhere but the main focus still tended to be the one she was trying to forget. Well not forget forget but just to not think about for a few waking hours so she could try and get a little bit of peace. Nothing the same anymore and for some strange reason she believed it to be her fault. Kaj had essentially forgotten what they had had together and for what reason? Why did something always have to happen to spoil any part of her happiness?

Feeling a set of cold paws scrape her fetlock she shook herself from her stupor to look down to the pair of golden eyes staring back at her. Hikari was still so young to be able to understand what their bond meant or how to understand it but she was beginning to get the feeling that she understood more than she let on. Sighing deeply she lowered her head to the kitsune pup and was grateful for the cuddles that she received in return. This had been the one saving grace in the last number of months, having Hikari by her side helped to ease the pain she felt on an almost constant basis. Her lifesaver within the blaze that would eventually consume everything that she held most dear.

As Hikari went back to playing around her feet the grey mare shook her head to try and get her brain straightened out. She had been wanting to talk about crafting and projects but what ideas did she really have? Swallowing the slowly emerging feeling of failure she told herself that she had not failed yet. The healers hut was not quite finished yet but it would be this coming spring, now the question was if it would hold up to everyone's high expectations? This was her biggest project to date and she couldn't seem to shake the feeling that she would fail at it. Kaj had always been the one there to reassure her but now with him not there it was left all up to her making the task seem impossible. Would she ever catch a break?

"Brisa Speaks"

@Archibald
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Just the beating of hearts, like two drums in the grey.

Archibald the Dauntless

& Loretta the Fierce

"Brisa," Archibald's voice was smooth and calm as he stepped from the treeline, his huge frame moving towards the gray mare. His golden eyes sought hers, everything about him at ease. He had not spoken to this mare directly in quite some time, though it did not leave his attention that she had been under his rule for many years, in many different capacities. Brisa was as loyal to him as anyone, even in her silence. Black tail flicking against his hocks as he stopped, just a few paces from her, and nodded. She was always a good crafter, dutiful, and he had seen her projects come to life recently within the walls of this waterfall-dotted forest. He offered her a small smile, but it faded quickly. He was not one for smiling. "I hoped to catch you after the meeting."

Loretta trotted out beside Archibald, her head lifted in triumph. From her jaws hung a rather plump, dead squirrel. Golden eyes flicked down to her momentarily before back to Brisa. Loretta dropped her kill and lowered to her belly, eyes scanning toward the little kitsune. It looked canine enough, and Loretta wondered if it ate meat. Whining lowly, Loretta nosed the squirrel toward the fox-like companion and scooted closer herself. Archibald nodded again, "Loretta would like to share her meal with your companion." Loretta looked up to Archibald, amber eyes thankful. There was a communication barrier between her and other companions. It rivaled the easy communication she had with her sisters, and she missed it. Manhattan flashed behind Archibald's eyes and he sighed some, ears flicking.

He did not know when his companion would be done in her process of mourning, but it was becoming easier each day to live without Knox's shadow.

art by shady

@Brisa

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
Brisa & Hikari

Having been so caught up in her own head if it had not been for the stallion's daunting size and stature she would have missed him completely as he approached. Standing only at 15.4hh the giant stallion dwarfed her completely, she could only be thankful that she had no reason to fear the gentle giant. "Archibald." Nodding her head formally as her king approached her eyes slipped down to see Hikari staring up at the complete stranger with awe. Archibald would have to be the first or second giant she had seen in her short life making her doubt that her small size could ever hope to stand up to him if needed. Chuckling softly to herself she shifted her foot so that it touched the silky fur along her side as a form of reassurance. There was no need to defend her at this time but she couldn't be happier that the little fox cared so much for her.

Watching as Loretta came bounding up with her rather gross looking meal (in her opinion anyway) she managed a smile as Archibald relayed her message to something they both could understand. Speaking silently through her bond she tried to convey the invitation to Hikari to see how much she could understand. With a confused but hopeful glance she took a hesitant step towards Loretta and the delicious looking squirrel. Lowering her head down to the pup she gave a gentle nudge to her rear to encourage her forward chuckling as the pup gratefully accepted the invitation. Slinking forward she sniffed the meal over before settling down to take a bite looking to Loretta hopefully that she would join her.

Drawing her attention away from her companion while she shared in on the feast she turned her focus back to their King. "Was there something I can help you with?" She asked wondering why it was that he had wanted to see her.

"Brisa Speaks"

@Archibald
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo