the Rift

on and on we run away

Ryo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She pauses.

It's not snowing anymore. This fact disheartens her, makes her pale brow furrow and her indigo gaze darken. The ground beneath her hooves is blanketed with a thin, melting layer of snow. She knows that as the sun rises further, the snow will melt, and she will still feel nothing. Then, tomorrow as the sun rises again, and the snow from today becomes the sludge of yesterday, she will feel even less.

She flicks her dual toned tail, hugs her wings close to her body, and moves forward lackadaisically. She doesn't know where she is, or where she's going. This has been her reality for months now, wandering, positive that she doesn't want to go home, but without anywhere else to go. She's not sure she cares about this fact, though. She knows what she does not want, but not what she does, and so, she is stuck in this endless, wandering loop. Does she want to meet someone? Does she want a purpose? She must want something, but she simply can't say. Maybe it's normalcy, or maybe it's extraordinariness. Either way, what she wants is not what she has, she wants none of what she is entitled to.

Tragically enough, she has nothing except for the chain and the crystal around her neck. She supposes she has a right to a herd, one far, far from here, one so painfully average. She ignores that, as she has decided she's given it up, even though she could return at any time she pleases.

She pauses again, widening her rosy colored nostrils and oceanic gaze. It smells like horses, lots of horses. She doesn't think she likes it. She could be wandering into another intolerably average herd, or worse, an intolerably corrupt one.

Either way, she is now nervous, fidgeting the alabaster appendages at her sides and contemplating to stay or to go.

very open; like super open; everyone show up
I literally have no idea what i'm doing with this character, but I think I like her C:
I still don't know how exactly I want to play her, so this is kind of ickkk, but it'll get better

image credits

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

Her precious snow was leaving. It would be Birdsong soon, and the thought made her cringe internally. Birdsong meant warmer weather, obnoxious birds that didn't know how to shut their mouth, and the inevitable fate of flies returning to feast upon her white flesh. The thought made her lip curl in distaste, for Carl at her side to cringe at such a gruesome thought, keeping close to his bonded's side as they scoured the threshold yet again for people. Sometimes she believed that she liked to torture herself, liked playing these stupid games that you played when it came to the Threshold, where you acted like everything was fine and life and convinced a complete stranger that your home was the best. It was pathetic, all formalities, and frankly December thought it was stupid. Yet she did it anyway, followed the same beaten path from the falls to here, looking for anything breathing so she could begin the tedious process.

She had found one faster than she had expected. Tri-colored and looking displeased herself, December couldn't help but smirk to herself, as if the girl felt the same as she. Obviously a younger creature, yet not so young as to be treated like a babe, she approached with a calm pace, a emotionless face plastered on her features as she closed the distance, dipping her head before looking into those deep blue eyes with steel ones. She should probably speak, probably say something nice in order to make herself look less scary, but at this point the ivory lass honestly didn't give a shit. So instead she waited a moment longer, eyes taking a once over before speaking in her serious, deep tone,"I take it you're in need of a place to rest for awhile. You're welcome to come with me to my homeland should you please, even if it's just for a few days." This wasn't a sales pitch, she wasn't going to sugar coat it and make her home sound like it was the fucking bees knees. She was just going to offer a weary traveler somewhere to sleep until they wanted to go on again. If Archibald or Kaj got upset about it then well, too bad.

"SPEECH"
NOTES; Apparently December doesn't wanna socialize today.
image credits | table coding

@Ryo

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She’s growing tired of Frostfall, but also used to it. There’s little shelter in the Edge but the trees, and so it doesn’t much matter to her if and when she ends up outside her home. It’s just cold everywhere, and she keeps her wings close to her side whenever she’s not flying (she still can’t resist the urge to fly, despite the sometimes bitter winds). Maybe it’s good that she doesn’t mind the cold though, because it keeps bringing her to the Threshold.

Honestly, she’s not sure what else to do with herself. She was learning how to be a healer, slowly, which for her basically meant gathering herbs. She no longer had the power of the wind at her disposal, and could no longer do much of anything beside wander around and get in the way. So mostly, she just stayed out of the way. What else was she going to do? Everyone had their friends and families and lives.

But Lyanna? Well, the best she could do was offer others the same thing she had found. A place to live, a place that felt safe when she’d had to run for her life, a place full of kind souls when she didn’t believe there were any left. No, perhaps she didn’t entirely fit in. But that would change, eventually. Everyone else fit in. She just needed to stop living in the past, perhaps. Not that she wasn’t trying…

Oh, just stop.

She shakes her head, clearing her mind of that train of thought. Inevitably, that train only lead to her dead parents and her dead brother and her missing sister. Which is not why she’s flying over the Threshold right now. So she focuses on finding a clearing in the forest where she can land, tucking her tri-colored wings back to her side as she does so, trying to warm up. The weather was definitely turning warmer, the promise of spring not far away, but the sky was still damn cold.

A voice not too far off catches her attention, and she makes her way toward it, close enough to catch the last few words. “…homeland should you please,” the voice is saying, and Lyanna remembers almost those exact words offered to her not so long ago. The two mares come into view after another moment, and she nods her head in greeting. One is young but a Pegasus like Lyanna, and she can’t help but think of time spent flying with her sister. Rare, because her sister was far too spoiled to spend much time with Lyanna. But they had, and she can’t help but dream of something similar again. Just someone to fly with, to teach. A purpose again.

The other mare is white and gray, and may or may not have introduced herself. Lyanna’s too late to the party to be sure. “Hope you don’t mind a little more company,” she says, words easy and friendly, the smile on her face kind and genuine. Despite everything, she hasn’t entirely lost herself. “I’m Lyanna, from the World’s Edge. I went because I was offered a place to rest my head, and didn’t leave,” she chuckles slightly before falling silent, waiting to see what would come next. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Ryo @December

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki