the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Flameless [Sun]

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Her wings and stomach reflected the colours of the strange landscape that spread out underneath her. She'd visited here before but then she'd been whole, her brother had been beside her. In fact their trip to the veins had been their last adventure together. Then Hawke had left her to stumble after him, her eyes blind and heart broken. Now...now she'd accepted their destinies, the way they'd never grow together as she'd hoped. The likelihood that he'd never return to her - when she'd accepted this truth half of her soul had been shattered. The half had completely crumbled, the strength, prowess and energy her brother had provided eroded away.

Aelin had been thrown completely out of balance.

She had been gentle and happy to go with the flow. Her brother her been strong and resistant. Together they balanced each other, without him she was stumbling.

She stopped once she landed on the island, having chosen to fly instead of walk across the rocky land bridge. In her mouth she carried a few choice flowers, a mixture of orange and yellow. Avoiding the active volcano, she flew low, eyeing as the volcano which sat rumbling and bubbling within the core of the island. A shiver rolled down her spine as her mixed eyes watched the leaking magma, though she felt fairly comfortable with the slow and steady rate at which it bubbled over. An ever expanding land, it was actually quite fitting she thought. As she circled lower the girl came to lad before one of the ruined shrines.

The Sun God's shrine string was covered in ash, not even the wind from her beating wings had managed to blow all of it away. It was strange being here alone, she felt as if unseen eyes were watching her every move. It was a trip she had to take alone but she wished her father (Or perhaps an older sibling) was here to watch over her. Although - wasn't her father was friends with The God? Surely that would work in her favour. Even if he wasn't here...right? Eyeing the black statue she laid the carefully selected flowers down in front of the shrine, then elegantly sank to the ground. "Okay...I hope this works." Her muttered words died in the winds that carried them away. Closing her eyes she began to quietly pray to the God, asking him for guidance in her current situation. Of course she was just one lost soul in a sea of many, she would understand if the god didn't have time for her.

- Aelin is here to change her second magical ability :
:: [ Magic: DarkxLight | Is able to see the dreams of those around her ]
:: [ Restrictions | Character must be asleep, so it is of no use in battle; characters must be in a 10 m vicinity ]

to

:: [ Magic: Fire | Able to summon a ring of fire around her and direct it towards her opponent.]
Proposed restrictions :
- Has no control over the flames once she has 'released' them.
- Limited to a radius of 20ft.
- Flames and heat begin to fade towards the outer circumference.

I understand that her magic is apart of her soul and as a result it is an extremely difficult change to achieve. Also, I realise that the Sun God may decide not to grant her a quest to accomplish this change because of the near impossibility to change such things.
After speaking with Aud I've decided to start her interaction with The Sun God over again so I am using the same/previous VOTG Pass.

@Mythical Request

Underneath the starry skies, 
A single dreamer walks among the dull colours.
Before her there is nothing but dark and dull colours,
Behind her is there is the true colours of dreams.
Every colour imaginable vivid with life. 
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

But it wasn't the warm radiant deity who appeared, but his stouter, decidedly grumpier brother.

Well, but not really grumpier. The God of the Spark just didn't take to flattery, lies, bullshit, prolonged discussions of that which he already knew, or knew that didn't matter, etcetera, etcetera. He just didn't have the time, despite the assumptions you might make based on the magic he oversaw. If anything, because he was the God of fucking time (as his child so delicately put it), he had less of that valuable resource.

"Depends what you mean by 'works"" The God grunted, amicably sarcastic, as he appeared in a small flash of lightning. "If you meant, "oh boy, I sure do hope a God shows up to hear the musings of my mortal heart", then I suppose you're half right. I'm here, but not to hear any fairytales, kid." He appraised the girl with a skeptical look, grunted, flapped his short tail slightly, and sighed. "Then again, I'm pretty sure I'm not the God you were expecting, but that's life."

The stout God rocked back on his hooves, burped slightly, smacked his lips, and looked at Aelin once again. Her mind was an open book - the way the very young's often were - and he was tempted just to skim through the pages. To save them both time, but ... ah. She would feel cheated, might stamp her hooves and go on and on. It might even get the attention of his brothers, and that was not something he was looking to encourage. Still, the desires of her heart were clear enough to him, for he had seen them for himself in the time stream. And despite what she might be thinking, it was him that she wanted, even if she didn't know it.

He was the only one who could help her, after all.

"Magic is a tricky thing, girl. The grass always looks greener on the other side, but is it truly? Is it worth a piece of your soul to find out?"

Outcast
Frostie

Aelin

Well. This is most certainly not the God of the Sun. Aelin gasped as he appeared in a small flash of lightning. Backing up her legs brushed against the shrine behind her. Aelin chocked back a confused question of why he had appeared, all the same, she felt incredibly blessed that a God had at least felt her worthy enough to appear and speak to her.

The girl's eyes had enlarged, looking at the deity. A smile pulled at the corner of her lips, then she dipped her head respectfully. Looking over the God, the girl studied him. Her orbs almost ravenous in their investigation of the God's physical traits. It certainly felt like she was in the presence of the God, a powerful aura surrounded the deity. The girl's knees trembled slightly but her gaze held steady. Why was it that all those she met were incredibly sarcastic towards her? "I didn't grow up on fairytales." Life in the Dragon's Throat had certainly taught her a rougher, almost barbaric way of life. "I grew up on the truths of war and life." She straightened up, eyeing the God and returning the skeptical look that he gave her. Was he always so sarcastic? Or had she just lucked in on the attitude of the day. Or perhaps there was something about her disposition, urging others to think her easily roused or teased. When he grunted she adverted her eyes, glancing towards the blue landscape. "You're not him," she confirmed with a nod, bringing her gaze back to the God. "But I'm honoured all the same."

The stout God rocked back on his hooves and she grinned when he burped slightly and smacked his lips. After all, she supposed, he was the God of Time, not the God of manners. The girl tilted her head as he looked at her once again, wondering what he saw when he looked at her. Did he see her future? Her death? Did he know how many children she might have or if she would have none? Would she grow into a mighty warrior like her father? So many unknowns, the future was most certainly a unknown black mass to her. But not to the one in front of her. It made sense, she supposed, that The God of Time had appeared. Perhaps through changing her magic she was changing the future of the world, only he knew they way she was about to splinter time. Small events to a single person often caused the largest of ripples in the waters of time.

Curiosity sparked to the life within her chest. Thirsty for knowledge of the future.

Aelin paused, and responded softly. "I don't know, you tell me." The girl ruffled her wings, her tone playful. "You are the God of Time, only you know if it's worth it." The girl smiled, her tone had managed to remain light despite the heaviness of the question.
Becoming more serious, she nodded once. "I don't know if a piece of my soul is worth it." Her gaze remained upon the God as she spoke, her tail swishing slowly behind. "Yet I think the risk is most definitely worth it."

@Mythical Request

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

The God snorted in response to this. The girl had gumption, if nothing else, and that was a trait he found decidedly lacking around Helovia lately. His stocky skull nodded emphatically as she spoke, agreeing with the words her youthful voice sculpted.

He grunted at her playful challenge, ears forward and eyes bright with amusement. Apparently they grew them with a thicker skin and a good sense of humour over in the Dragon's Throat. Maybe the next Haruspex he got, he'd have to send over there for training. Or maybe the cold just killed all their spirits, as he likely thought to be the case. He knew life wasn't a vacation over on his golden brother's sandy shores, and apparently its inhabitants knew it too, even from a young age. Yet life hadn't crushed this one's sense of spirit left.

Yet here she was, trying to crush her own soul.

"When you life this long kid, nothing matters. It all boils down to the same old shit. But that isn't a lesson you can be taught - don't let your parents ever tell you otherwise. Some things you just have to learn for yourself. Will this be worth it for you?" He grunted and shifted his weight again. "Mayhap. It'll be a pain in your ass to do it, but -" He squinted at her, as if looking through her for a moment speculatively. "- you'll do it. Then you can decide for yourself whether it was worth it."

Still considering her, the God finally nodded.

"Find 5 who have lost something. And I don't mean misplaced a trinket. Genuinely lost something - a loved one, their sanity, I don't care - and help them with it. And again, I don't mean just a pat on the back. Your soul is going to fissure and you'll have to be well acquainted with the pain and disconnect it will cause. Before I'd do that to you, I'd at least know that you've figured out how to survive it. So find five and let selfish motives guide you. Help them, so that you can help yourself later."

Aelin must find and help 5 individuals who have lost something. "Lost' can be interpreted broadly, but you should think of it as finding 5 who are seriously hurt, angry, traumatized, etc. Then she needs to figure out a way to help them heal themselves/get over it/ etc.

Outcast
Frostie

Aelin

The girl wondered if the girl was mocking them. He snorted and she creased her brow in confusion, watching the god closely. Then his head was bobbing in a nod, assumedly in agreement with her. Aelin grinned happily, pleased that she'd managed to impress the god. Standing a little taller and prouder she continued to have her eyes trained upon the magnificent being. His presence still sent the odd tremor down her back, being in such close proximity with this magical and old power wasn't something that she would ever be completely comfortable in. An unsurprising realisation.

He grunted at her playful challenge, and she smirked rather pleased with herself. As her expression smooth out, her own eyes bright and excited for just what he had in store for her. Aelin was imagining a quest over the lands to find a hidden treasure! Or perhaps searching and then slaying some horrible beast, she'd heard whispers of dragons and monsters popping up in the lands of Helovia. Maybe he would send her on a task that would require all of her siblings to accompany her on an epic missing where they had to search for a lost old god! The possibilities were endless and her excitement was forever mounting. After all, while she may be young she was tough! The daughter of the Wildfire on a mission to get her flames! She'd become even stronger if she managed to survive this task.

This was about more than her future magic though. This was about balance within her own soul.

Yeah, she knew she was young. Also, admittedly she did think she knew more that what she actually did. She'd only see one way of life - hers. However she was always looking to learn, was even happy to acknowledge when she was wrong. Would this be worth it? Maybe, maybe this was simply a waste of her time. Maybe she was seeking something that she didn't actually need. Only she couldn't actually answer this question until she tried. So instead of answering his question she gave a comment-less shrug of her shoulders, thinking silence was the best possible response in this moment. He grunted and shifted his weight again, Aelin mimicked the movement, shifting her own weight. Still holding her tongue she continued to watch the stallion before her closely. When he squinted at her she chose to meet his gaze, ignoring the shiver that worked it's way down her spine. So...so he was going to give her a quest? He was going to let her decide if indeed this entire trip (and the following quest) was worth it. Aelin, in spite of herself, beamed up at the god. Dipping her head, once she raised her eyes back up to him they were sparkling, alight with eagerness. No doubt the god would be able to see this emotion, when she looked back to him he was still considering her. Then, he nodded. Elation filled the girl. This was happening. It was finally going to happen for her! She'd be able to find the balance after trudging through the darkness.

Immediately her brain started planning, thinking of those she knew who may be in need of her assistance. Perhaps Rikyn would soon, for the second time, be in need of her help. Although supporting him after a battle and then finding him a healer wasn't exactly they same as helping someone who had loved a loved one or their sanity. Aelin smirked at the pat on the back clarification, it was as if he'd read her mind. Aquatinted with pain? So even the loss of her brother wouldn't match the shattering of her soul. Something that she suspected, her naivety no doubt played a role in the previous thoughts. Still, she was a fighter and a survivor. Aelin didn't doubt her abilities when it came to making it through the darkest time of her life. Nodding she bowed to the God. "I can do that." She smiled at him hopeful that the quest, while undoubtedly hard, would be fairly quick. "Thank you."

@Mythical Request

'She smiled at him hopeful that the quest, while undoubtedly hard, would be fairly quick.' - lol naive Aelin is naive.