the Rift

Circles around the sun [Royal NSS drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

We were ring-around-the-rosey, children.

Hands clasped. They were not composed of flesh, but seemingly of light and radiance and youth.

They were circles around the sun.

They spun in a circle, their phantasm legs dancing and stepping over one another merrily and with easy, hardly disturbing the sands below. Faster they spun, ever eager, their laughter wafting outwards.

Never give up

In the center of the circle they formed with their bodies was a glistening egg.

Never slow down

The egg seemed to turn with their movements, as if something inside of it was trying to following the rotating edges of the circle.

Never grow old

Laughter.

Never die young.

Lightning. Out of the sky a flash of lightning struck, flaring with a bright pinpoint of light in an otherwise clear day.

Will you come and dance with them? Their circle seemed exclusive - they were not made as you were made. You could never move the way they do. Was there one of them? Or 10? Did their hands grasp each other, or was it the continuation of a large being? Were they clothed? Or was the billowing of pale white light behind them just part of their odd countenance? It was all confused and muddled together, as if looking at them too long was what brought on that confusion.

This is a NSS Royal Companion drop. You have 72 hours to respond. Please post a wishlist, and any relevant prior refusals.

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
He stood blinking dumbly at the sight before him, among others who had gathered to where the lightning had pointed, the dancing ribbons of light making him think of the times he and mother had practiced dancing for the Festival. He spends a good while staring intently at the flicker flutter of their shapes, discerning that, whatever it or they are, there are limbs, swaying, and bodies, moving.

What he does know is that between them, an egg waits. While he himself has never gathered among the gift givers of this land as his family has, he’s heard the stories enough to know what this is – and he’s quite happy to stand in the ring, ignoring whatever friends, foes, or phantoms might seek to take his attention away from the promise of power laying against the strange sand.

Besides, if he looks up and around him, he might see Aithniel.

The thought makes his heart squirm, his belly clench. He had almost not followed the blaze of light which led him here, because it was so southern, so near to the Throat and the Sun God. Childish jealousy roils within him, the small feeling of no longer being as important as he was supposed to be simmering beneath a dark blanket – but the feeling is short lived.

Something of the dancing, flickering being leaves him unable to dwell in dark thoughts, instead lured again into warmth and curiosity, ever hopeful as young men tend to be that, today, he’ll make an eternal bond, like so many he held dear to his heart.

Wishlist for:
Non-Specific Mythical
Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit :: Dark brown, seemingly black, hazel/green eyes, male, bronze and gold tone markings, dark cream tone antlers with metallic striping.
in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

Laughter, laughter, laughter...

The vibrations woke her from her dull daydreams; her mind and her eyes were lost in the illusion of the water mirrors surrounding her, but the children of light draw her from her meditation. This place felt eerie enough and now there is laughter bubbling up all around her – like invisible foals are dancing in gentle circle all about her, but she sees nothing at all. She notes the sweet smelling breeze that wafts passed her pink nose and tugs at her thick hair, but otherwise there is nothing for her gaze to hungrily scoop up and process. The steely baby is almost grown, or so she thinks, two years old is just around the corner and her body is to be adopting quite a mass. Her muscles have become lankily woven over fattened bones, but grace is slowly becoming present where it wasn't before. This grace is displayed almost perfectly as she canters toward the echos of mirth with an intrigue beating in her chest like never before. It reminds her of something. This feeling that is wrapping her as she approaches the stranger and the commotion he's staring at.

An egg...

They're swirling, laughing, dancing and magnetizing around a singular capsule. It's something Macaria has only heard of, but never seen. Wisps of intangible sparkle, like glowing dust that morphs into a hundred different things all at once... It's not really comprehensible to her. She can only look on in wonder. Will something come out of it? It it their baby? She questions herself, but the thoughts fade as soon as she comes to stand beside Rikyn, her bright golden eyes glazed over with amazement and her mind transfixed on the mystery. Her sparks begin to react wildly. They crackle and pop and web across her prominent dapples, fizzling down to rest in the sand before burning away into nothing. She cannot control it – it's like the magic in her and the magic of them join.

So without her body...she dances with them blissfully in a different way.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

wishlist
NSS: Laviathan | Royal | Bubble Trap

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
The sunset mare wanders through the trees, her spirits bolstered by the friendships she had made in recent days.  For so long upon entering Helovia, she had been taken by fear and despair, the last lingering flickers of hope dying in her breast as the great battle at the Halcyon Flats was fought.  Now she has grown curious again, driven by the desire to help others; she has been told that anyone in this strange land could become a doctor, and so that is what she has set out to be.

Still, she is lonely - the others she has met have homes and responsibilities of their own.  They cannot afford to babysit her, and in truth, their doing so would only have made her feel guilty.  There is something satisfying about making her way inland on her own, about finding the strength to press forward through the hints of fear threatening to immobilize her - it makes her feel good inside, as though she is no longer a useless lump of flesh with nowhere to go and no one to turn to.  Today, though, she has returned to the Halcyon Flats, drawn by the beauty and serenity that she remembers there.

A loud clap catches the mare's attention:  her immediate reaction is fear, and she shies away from the sound, shuffling her feet nervously in the sand, prepared to bolt.  A moment passes, and then another.  She does not run, but her tail wrings nervously behind her, and her ears flick back and forth, undecided.  It takes a moment, but she finds the source of the noise and approaches with caution.  Forms swirl in a large circle, dancing in what appeared to be some sort of intricate ritual.  What...?

It is hypnotizing, really, and the way the shapes move draws the sunset mare in, enticing her a few steps closer, her head nodding in rhythm to the circle's spinning.  She is nervous, yes, but the circle makes her lose some of her inhibition, makes her want to fall out of her fear and into a world of light and fun and dancing.  So enamored is she that she fails to notice the others already gathered, and she begins to trot eagerly around the circle, following the trails of the wisps that lead the dance.

She notices an egg.

She wonders if it wants to dance, too.

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

Wishlist
:: [Companion: Kitsune, Dreams]
No former refusals, but would like to use the two extra VotG rolls from my prize list.
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
The ivy painted stallion sighed softly as he flew over the great lands of Helovia. His silver eyes never looked upon the ground without seeing it. Something was missing in his life, he could feel a hole trying to suck the happiness from his heart. What could be missing? He had a large and noble herd to serve and protect. Several beautiful ladies that returned his flirting and gentle touches. Wasn't that everything one needed? He sighed heavily this time as he turned towards the Halcyon Falls ready to see something that would keep his mind off of the missing piece.

Bright eyes almost missed the small crowd below, if it hadn't been for the swirling light. Gold ears swiveled forward so hard it hurt, but Ilios didn't care. He could just make out the egg in the middle of the circle. A bright grin spread over his face as he slowly circled lower. He held his height just two feet above the dancing light creatures. Laughing brightly he spun above them bobbing his head along with the rhythm of the song in his heart. It felt good to laugh along with the celestial beings as they danced around and around. His heart felt lighter than his had in days as she shot up and spun into a barrel roll enjoying the sunlight upon his golden and teal coat.

Excitement pounded through him as he rose up and up before turning towards the ground. He hoovered for a moment before pulling his wings in and pointing his muzzle to the ground. Wind whistled in his ears causing them to snap back against his head. White tipped black tail whipped out behind him as he streaked towards the beautiful flats and the dancing creatures. He waited counting the seconds before snapping his large wings out and pulling his head up. Wing joints protested the sudden wind, but he ignored the irritating pain. Carefully he coasted over the crowd before turning to swirl and circle of the sun creatures.

"Talk."
Words/OOC;;
Wishlist
Seeking a Hellhound | Acid
Refusals One Two Three
Tags;;
Scars heal, glory fades
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
'Cause the chicks dig it
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
your fears have just become all too real

His body moved like a zombie in a winter storm. His cold eyes looked ahead of him ignoring what was going on around him. He was use to being alone and the black stallion had grown to like it, but he longed for a true friend. Nox wanted someone he can share his moments with. He knew that that would never happen, no one wanted to stay around him for very long. The black stallion could be a dreadful creature, bringing gloom and death to all those around him. Tangled strands flew behind him like a ghostly flag as he moved through the lands. The small pools of water flickered with his reflection as he walked past each one. A haunting demon looked back into his cold eyes. Then a blink scared the demon away, and he was left looking at himself in the reflections. Then he heard a sound something odd, and his cracked hooves carried his body towards the sound.

When he had reached the source there was already a few others there. He could see something spinning and dancing in a circle. Cracked hooves carried his body closer and closer to the things dancing. The warm sun rays absorbed into his black pelt as he demonic crown turned to the side questioning these things. He could not figure out what they were, but he could see the egg. He got close enough to almost touch the creatures, and his gray eyes looked through the bare spots at the shining egg. Was it one thing or was it a bunch of creatures. His mouth opened and deep words flew from his maw."What a beautiful Egg you got there. ." His large body starts to move trying to get a better look at it. He did not notice but his eerie form almost started to dance with the creatures. Black hooves side stepped and they moved with a flawless motion around and around trying to see the egg better. What was in it and why was it trying to move with the odd sun thing.

"Talk."

Wishlist http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=20004

Seeking ::Boggart::Haunt::

No prior refusals

Using my march herd champion extra roll for aurora basin

ready to make a deal with the devil?
[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]image credits

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Glimmer in the moonlight

They reminded him of the wisp spirits of home.

Ethereal remnants of souls long past, playful, ever young and free. They frolicked through the twilight hued willows and vine entwined oaks, whispering songs and dancing with such fluidity that water sprites would blush with envy.

The sprites he was watching with moon touched eyes were not dancing around sleeping ancients, but above the mirror of the world. Sands and crystal waters, Alune had come to the flats to explore — and he had been rewarded beyond measure to see such spirited souls.

It brings a wave of warmth and enchanted delight to the starry behemoth's heart. It takes him back to younger, better times when he was nought but a foal exploring the temple grounds — hoping, wanting to find these creatures who often kept him company. Only then, as he gazes with fond and entertained orbs of silver he see's the egg in the center, or rather, he notices it is an egg. Not a pearl or smooth trinket these misty creatures had found, and he's intrigued as it tries to dance as well.

Such an eager, excited little thing, he thinks. Others had shown up too, no doubt lured by the sprites and their precious cargo. Was this how these things always went? He had played with aquatic creatures who had held something of note, and Helovians from the four corners had showed up to partake — some good of heart, and others not so much. He nods his greeting to each of them, watching the unusual mare beginning to try and keep up and returned to watch the dancing creatures once more.

He keeps a respectful distance, not wanting to intrude on such a spectacle without an invitation from the whimsical creatures. Though, their laughter and song does not escape him so easily, it invites him to leisurely bob his head along, silver strands of his mane caught in the movement and follow, like the stream current. His tail also swings along, gentle and graceful as it keeps in time to the tune.

Wishlist: here!
Seeking: Cerndyr :: Royal :: Earth Spirit
Refusals: no prior refusals.

Only shadows go where we are
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
The clear day beckoned me to the skies, the winds above eager to cradle my feathers. I responded to it's call willingly, taking off to join my winged brethren in the sky, to sail through clouds and let the chill of FrostFall cling to my coat closer than it did on the ground.

I had little on my mind, and was even less concerned about where it was I was going. Nothing mattered to me then, just the harsh kiss of the breeze and the way my smoke looked when flung through thinner air. I considered patrolling, for I still had duties to the Edge, especially after being promoted, but the day was too pretty to be wasted on work. I rarely took a day to myself to simply fly, to let the strain of my life ease, and allow myself to forget the tumultuous happenings of my life.

I reveled in the opportunity to do so on a pretty day.

But it caught my attention. It disrupted my tediously eased mind and summoned all the maelstrom thoughts I had so carefully laid to rest. It was a flash of lightning, starkly white against the blue of the sky, reflected even more so by the normally silent waters below. My ears pricked forward, strained against their hold on my head. I snorted bitterly, a nebulous cloud of smoke following it, dissipating furiously.

Lightning on a clear day was an unheard of phenomenon for me. I couldn't imagine it being a good omen. So I landed roughly in the waters, splashing cool, salty droplets over my legs. I followed the lightning, and found that others had, too. I recognized one already gathered, smiling to myself at his ivy covered legs and teal feathers. I stood behind him though, choosing to stay quiet, stay to myself as I observed the scene.

For a moment, the gathering made so little sense to me. The ghostly apparition (apparitions?) before me danced, so blindingly bright, so terrifyingly merry. Did they know emotion, or did they dance simply to dance? The apparition itself soon lost interest to me, though, for my pale amber gaze spotted the egg spinning with their dance. The scene clicked, my memories of these sort of occurrences coming forth vividly in my mind.

My breath shook softly, my smoke thin and spiraling as my heart lurched, longing for the companion tucked so helplessly within the egg.

Seeking a Hellhound with the Acid ability
wishlist
Refusals: one, two, I would like to use my one extra VOTG roll
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

If I could hold back the rain, would you numb the pain?

Cause I remember everything

He hadn’t meant to come here, wasn’t actively seeking the egg, but Lucius had drawn him toward the strange, dancing creatures. Distractions were good and they were both seeking those - latching onto anything that they could in order to find them. And this certainly qualified as a distraction. The dark pair drifted closer, curiosity momentarily taking over from darker thoughts. They were creatures of night, so out of place in the clear day and even more so as they moved towards the dancing light ghosts, moving about a glistening egg.

They came to watch, drawn by the dancing, by the flash of lightning, but the shape in the middle still drew the attention of at least half of the pair. “Like me?” Lucius asked brightly as his piercing violet and silver gaze focused on the glistening egg, shuffling his stance on Mesec’s wings so that he could peer around and get a better look.

Mesec was careful to not get near any of the others, shying away from any chance at contact. It was risky, being here with them, but Lucius thought it was worth the chance. Mesec was keeping himself weak enough that even if his shift was triggered here, it wouldn’t last long - wouldn’t have the chance to cause damage. He was tired and hungry, his body aching and kept up just enough to keep him on his four legs. Not a permanent solution but hopefully enough until they could figure out what to do next.

For now, though - the distraction was working. The memories of Lucius’ hatching were warm and welcome as they were pulled into Mesec’s mind, successfully tugging up the corner of his silvered lips into a smile as he continued to watch the dancing creatures. “Yeah, just like you.” Whatever it was, whoever they chose, for now it was just enough to stand nearby and enjoy the light of the moment.  

Image Credits
table by Time <3

seeking:
[ Companion: Kitsune | Dreams ]
Wishlist

I'd like to use 1 extra VOTG roll from my prize list
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
no dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love
With her head in the clouds, the blue mare had wandered from her mountain home. She exists in a haze of euphoria more potent than her usual delight, velvet lips perpetually turned upwards, a spring in the waltz of her step, and a gleam of jubilation that brightens her kindly eyes until they seem to dance all their own. Her gaze turns upwards often, to smile at the clear blue sky, crisp with the chill of Frostfall. “I did it, Mama!” She sings not for the first time, laughing joyously to herself and spinning on dainty heels.

Already she can feel it within her—the change, the blessing from their patron god, the gift of healing. The Spark’s powerful magic seems to hum through her bones, trilling delightfully through every muscle and sinew of her body to lift her up, until Tiamat feels as though she could fly! Oh, how wonderful it is! How beautiful a blessing! Tossing her head into the air, seashells chiming through the mass of her hair, the ocean mare laughs—her voice floating across the still, glassy waters like sparkling wafts of air, inviting all to join her in this brilliant moment of rapture.

It is when she hears laughter that is not her own that she pauses, white eyes searching the horizon to find the brilliant individuals. Dazzling creatures of light, dancing and circling an equally stunning orb, they are calling and beckoning to her, welcoming her to join the small throng that has already heeded their gentle invitation. Singing along with airy, wordless breaths, Tiamat bounds forward, ever drawn to such light—such goodness—as a moth is drawn to a flame.

“How beautiful!” The blue mare breathes to herself as she draws near, slowing enough to not disturb the unmistakable reverence that surrounds the blazing, dancing circle. Noticing a particularly familiar face, she tears her gaze away just long enough to maneuver to his side, pressing lightly to the stallion’s shoulder as she leans in to him. “Doesn’t it just take your breath away?” Tiamat whispers in wonder, casting a brief smile while she watches, her heart thrumming and her body swaying to the beat of their dance.

notes; Interacts directly with @Mortuus Nox <3
Wishlist
Seeking a Leviathan with Boil ability; one refusal
AB Herd Member—extra name into draw from March Herd Champions.
“Speech.”

art by Blu ♥
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Helovian Ancient

They seem to not even know that you are there. Or if they do, they give no notice.

But it strikes you again - are there many of them? Or just a few? Is it one being, or multiple with their hands clasped? Faster and faster their frenetic bodies move, alight and awash with a light seemingly created by the gentle fervor of their joined hands. The light grew and bloomed, and once again it became unclear as to what the relationship was between the light and the thing (or things). Was it an extension of them? It seemed to be tangibly connected to them, but simple physics suggested that this was impossible. And yet - if you looked closer, the light actually appeared to be strings. Like a tapestry created out of an infinitely many, small chords of pure light, all bound together and glistening radiantly.

The egg in the centre began to roll and rise slowly as those light-coloured threads reached down and gently brought it upwards. Faster and faster it rolled and danced, held bound by the lightning tendrils that stretched outwards from the creature(s).

Woven by that same ethereal thread, a new tapestry began to form - only this one appeared more stone-like in appearance, rather than spun thread-like sunlight. The egg rested upon what was clearly now a pillar, and the sunlight-stone was clearly form-fitted around the egg. There seemed to be some sort of depression, right beneath the egg, almost like a lever, or like a weighted-panel.

The creatures continued to spin, now moving so fast that they really were a blur - their bodies one giant ring of golden light. Their voices continued to rise in an intricate melody of song, flowing upward and surrounding the egg.

What will you do?

Be careful now.

This is a NSS Royal Companion drop. You have 72 hours to respond.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
He watched the others coming, having landed after his flying dance. Then the smoke breathing mysterious girl appeared beside him. He smiled brightly at her attempting to bump his nose playfully against her light colored shoulder. She was beautiful, but the thing he wanted above all others sat inside of a ring of creature, or was it creature. He was so confused, be the shinning thing(s). They, or it, were moving so fast he couldn't pick out how many bodies were within the circle. Instead he tried to focus on the beautiful egg that was centered inside of the circle.

He watched in awe as a strings of light flew from the thing or things swirling around it. Silver eyes squint at the seer light they create. The egg starts to rock and spin slowly, and his heart goes out to the poor creature inside he imagines a tiny wolf trying to hold down whatever an egg baby has in it's stomach. Without thought his ivy marked legs move him forward until he is right at the edge of the shimmering dancing circle. Before he can speak on the egg's behave a giant pillar of sun stone appears below it. He can clearly see the thing is cradling the egg, and something seems off. He is sure these, or thing, would not allow the egg to be stolen from it's(their) clutches so easily, but he longs to try, longs to reach out and natch the egg. He wants to keep the poor unborn child save, away from the spinning and shell shattering crash. He steps towards the pillar carefully eyes moving to the blurred shape as it sings higher and faster. He is sure something will become of him, even if he does not reach the egg in time. In time for the thing or things to give it away.
"Talk."
Words/OOC;; 310 Interacts with @Auriel 
Wishlist
Seeking a Hellhound | Acid
Refusals One Two Three
Tags;;
Scars heal, glory fades
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
'Cause the chicks dig it
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
Others come, and the sunset mare shies away from their approach. How does she know that they are not dangerous, that they will not hurt her? She thinks of the monster that attacked here not so very long ago, remembers how all she was able to do was lay in the water and sob. The other equines that appeared on that day hadn't had the slightest bit of interest in her - no, they had all been noble and brave, and they had put her and her cowardice to shame. She hesitates in her dance around the circle, thinking that perhaps it would be best if she departed; but something bids her to stay, invites her to continue prancing along with the ring of light(s).

The light-creatures bloom and blossom, spinning and twirling all the while, morphing against her retinas until she can no longer tell if they are anything but a trick of the sun. Again she finds herself wondering what they are and where they came from, if they are the protectors of the egg held at their center. Or perhaps it is only one long, winding, twisting creature, and it is holding the egg as its own child. Persephone is unsure, and her bewilderment incites fear in her chest. She bites her tongue, continues her dance, refuses to leave the egg in the clutches of whatever the light-thing(s) is (are). Even if she skirts a few meters away, just to be safe.

The egg begins to rise, and she gasps -- "No." -- it is not safe, can't they (it) see? She glances around at the others assembled, for surely they will not allow such a precarious situation to evolve. By the time the egg finally stops rising, the sunset mare is fully and completely distressed: it is too high, and it is too far away for her to save it, and she would have to go through those (that) thing(s) to get there. Still, she cannot help but hope that she, and not anyone else, is the one to reach it first.

Still, she hesitates. The pillar on which the egg rests seems sturdy enough (for now), and she is not one to go rushing in valiantly, much less without any sort of plan. She notices a small depression, a place that almost seemed as though it could be pushed. The light-creature(s) spin faster, blurring until she can no longer make out any distinct form. She has halted her dance and shifts her weight uncertainly from one side to the other, her breath beginning to come in shorter and shorter gasps. There is nothing that she can do, not without going through the light - and despite how much she wants to be the hero that the egg deserves, she finds herself paralyzed with fear on the edge of the ring, staring up at the precarious egg and hoping against hope that she can find a way to help it.

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

Wishlist
:: [Companion: Kitsune, Dreams]
No former refusals, but would like to use the two extra VotG rolls from my prize list.
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

If I could hold back the rain, would you numb the pain?

Cause I remember everything

Fascination was barely a strong enough word for the feeling washing through Mesec’s chaotic mind as he watched the lights move, watched the strands begin to weave together as they started to create. Both of the pairs of silver eyes were transfixed on these movements, watching them more than they watched the egg. Though - of course - the two were so close together, the weaving light and the egg, and soon they both began to move. Barely daring to blink, Mesec watched in amazement as the light transformed into a stone pillar that held the egg up, fitting around its curves and cradling it carefully.

The steps taking him forward had begun before he was consciously aware that they were doing so. One and then another, inching him forward until he was close enough that he could get a good look - close enough that the melody of voices was all he could hear and the blurred light from the creatures took up his vision.

The others were standing near the base of the pillar, looking at the egg but making no move to grab it. Were they as transfixed by the moving light as Mesec was? It was tempting, the way it sat there as an offering, but as Mesec was debating reaching out to take it he noticed the depression in the stone beneath the egg. If he moved it from that spot, what would happen? It seemed to be held pretty solidly in the sunlight stone, though he could try to nudge it.

But what would happen if he tried to reach through the light creatures that were spinning around the egg, protecting it?

Feeling brave enough to try, Mesec slowly reached out experimentally toward the ring of light - toward the egg - testing the waters to see what would happen if he touched them. Could he reach through the singing creatures? Lucius shifted nervously on his back, ready to spring and snatch the egg if it started to fall - feeling protective and nervous about the sleepy and unborn creature hidden within it.
Image Credits
table by Time <3

seeking:
[ Companion: Kitsune | Dreams ]
Wishlist

I'd like to use 1 extra VOTG roll from my prize list
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
no dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love
The mare’s white eyes are glued to the circle of light, to the twirling creatures as they spin and dance in their humble glory (for although she cannot discern exactly what it is, or even how many there are, she feels such a sense of unity in this moment, she likes to believe that they—separate beings—are one in this experience, joined for a breath by this beautiful miracle). Their brilliant radiance highlights her dainty features, illuminating her gaze in more ways than one. From their light she feels a warmth bloom within her chest, swelling until it fills her bones, enlightening her body with this wonderful happiness.

With baited breath, the ocean mare watches as spindles of light reach out to the center of their circle, encompassing the dazzling egg with vibrant threads. Suddenly, the egg is lifted, suspended above the tranquil waters as it seems to dance, matching to rhythm of the strange being(s) that surround it. Tiamat can feel her heartbeat rise, a spark of worry managing to flicker through her mind, concerned for the wellbeing of the precious, fragile orb.

However, the movement seems so practiced, so controlled, and so careful that her fear is quickly suppressed. With wondering awe, she watches as the egg is ultimately placed upon a pillar of stone. Up until now, the other members that have gathered have been forgotten—only when they move does she glance back to them, delicate ears pressing curiously forward. Tiamat does not share the concern of some of the others. While she wants nothing but the best for this egg, and the dear child within, there is no doubt in her mind that these creatures of light wouldn’t allow any harm to come upon it.

Stepping almost shyly forward, the blue mare wanders closer to the radiant circle, absorbing its presence. She stops before them, her breath caught for a moment, and she gives them—it?—a bashful smile. “Hello,” she offers an invitation of communication, of welcome, even of friendship. Tiamat’s voice is more subdued than her usual cheer, hushed by reverent respect, and the enchanting awe that has seemingly gripped every one of them. With her smile widening, Tiamat glances to the egg, ever mindful of its precious, captivating, and wondrous presence.

notes; Wishlist
Seeking a Leviathan with Boil ability; one refusal
AB Herd Member—extra name into draw from March Herd Champions.
“Speech.”

art by Blu ♥
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Яikyn
The lights began to spin and undulate all the faster, the egg within wobbling precariously until I notice that the egg is not only rising – but that the light, however intangible light is, is tangibly lifting the egg.

The wonder as to whether the lights are alive or if they are some sort of magical flux in the air is answered with this simple gesture, as far as I can be bothered, and that answer is quite simply that the lights are alive. What sort of creature they happen to be is another matter all together.

Their…its status as (a) being(s) is of little concern with each awkward dip of the egg near the brim of their hold, a small fear blooming in me each time that the unborn thing might fall. Even if the egg protects it, bouncing off the ground from such a height can’t be good for it, by any means. So, two of my legs attempt to amble me forward to intervene with this nonsense when, almost miraculously, a pillar forms beneath the egg, and the being(s) continue with their weird dancing.

I am left staring at the strange thing and the button on it, having stood quietly while the clustered idiots ooh, awed, and said all sorts of unnecessary things. A hybrid comes forth and tentatively reaches out toward the ring of light and noise, which makes me smile in a cocky sort of way, a snort of humor restrained – the presence of a button on that pillar is too suspicious for such direct action, and maybe I’m smarter than most, but I think that should be apparent.

The next who draws my attention from my puzzlement is someone I know – Tia… uh… Tiamutt. Tiamute. Tiamat!

And she tells the lights, “hello.”

I do snort, at that one. Though, honestly, it seems less stupid than pushing the button on the pillar, like the black idiot and his magic bird are considering.

"I doubt they talk," is all I mutter, letting my golden eyes trace over the lights, my mind click clinking until, suddenly, an idea strikes me; drawing a deep breath, I let out a hum that vibrates up from my chest, my throat weaving the sound until it matches the magical hum and whisper of the light’s strange laughter.

If they do talk, it seems to be this way.

Focusing all matter of good cheer and allure into the sound of my humming, I continue to focus on the light, to study if it changes in any way…

[ He begins to hum at the lights after looking at Mesec and Tiamat like they are ding dongs. ;D ]

Wishlist
Grandfathered :: [Companion: Cerndyr | Earth Spirit]
No prior refusals.

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
your fears have just become all too real

Gray eyes watched this thing glow, he has figured that is was an egg of some sort and it held a companion in its shell. A smile crept across his maw as the blue ocean mare he loved came a greeted him. Black velvet reached out and touched her soft blue neck with a smile hello me amor, I have missed you. Yes it a a very beautiful site, this place is full of magic and wonder. he moves closer to the mare as the light grew brighter and brighter around the eggs. His body moved with the blue mare as the two watched the site fold infront of their eyes

The egg laid on a pillar in the air, the strands surrounding the brightened egg. It started to become clearer that these were not things they were strands of light. His body did not dare to move any closer. He worried it would burn or kill him if he did. Gray eyes looked up and watched the light show. The one pillar had a trap like appearance to it with a small indention. Nox shifted his large crown to try to look at the thing more, but he could only make out the forms of a leaver. what is that pillar ?? he questioned the ring of light like it could answer him. His tone was soft and just curious. He looked to the others to see if they might know as well. Attention shifted to Tiamat when she spoke a soft hello. He wondered what would become of this ring of light and egg .

"Talk."

Wishlist http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=20004

Seeking ::Boggart::Haunt::

No prior refusals

Using my march herd champion extra roll for aurora basin

ready to make a deal with the devil?
[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]image credits

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
I said to the sun—what's the Big Bang like?
the sun said—it hurts to become
I watched them spin, faster and faster, mesmerized by the light and their calling. My captivation was broken from the creature(s?) only by a bump at my shoulder. At first, the tender muzzle felt foreign, but the eyes I found were not. My body relaxed (as it had always done with him) and I smiled back at the stallion through my smokey breath.

However, the ivy encrusted man could not hold my attention. My gaze shifted, my ears pricked, and I again was filled with undeniable longing as I looked to the egg. It rose higher and higher on a pedestal, the dancing light spun faster and faster. The whole affair began to give me heart palpitations, for I wanted it so badly, so selfishly.

Would my longing (greed) interfere with my rational judgment?

I couldn't let it.

The lights, the creatures, however beautiful, existed in a land prone to magical monsters. I watched the others, undoubtedly a bit scared when I saw a couple get so close. But one, a unicorn, hummed. It seemed a ridiculous notion, but I thought it over. When you dance, you should dance to music.

I didn't know the time he hummed, so I hummed a harmony, one I hoped he would appreciate, but not nearly as much as the figures. I hummed softly, shook my head lightly back and forth, and smiled tentatively. I unfurled my wings slightly, and followed the figures. I moved through the water slowly, hanging slightly behind the others as I did my best to dance with the light, occasionally bucking and unfurling my wings more and more.

Maybe I would spread them all the way.

Maybe I would fly, grab the egg before the others could even notice what I had done.

But for that moment, I only watched and hummed, and danced.

mentions @ Ilios and @ Rikyn
she joins in on the humming and starts to dance

Seeking a Hellhound with the Acid ability
wishlist
Refusals: one, two, I would like to use my one extra VOTG roll
image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Helovian Ancient

Auriel posted after the 72 hours were up and is disqualified. Alune and Macaria also failed to post and are disqualified.

Their bodies continued to tumble endlessly, lending no help or suggestion as to how it might be that one could break through their barrier to the treasure within. They do nothing as Persephone and Ilios move towards them, save for continuing their endlessly beautiful spiral.

However as Mesec tried to push through their light, something did happen.

Their voices suddenly changed to an angry scream - though not all of them. Their sing-song chorus was still there, but buried beneath a tidal wave of anger and surprise. The sky darkened suddenly as did their perfectly crafted wreath of light - now it was blackened and pulsing with a hostile red glow. They screeched in response to Tiamat's greeting, and for a moment the pillar seemed to shake and rumble, as if it was about to collapse onto the sands.

Until ..

A humming, somehow amplified, began to blur away their screams. As Rikyn's song grew, still magically booming somehow, their cries began to die away entirely. Light blossomed and poked through the blackened weave, until all was as it had been a moment prior. It was unaffected By Mortuus Nox's words, but the beings almost seemed to sway as Auriel joined in with both song and dance.

This is a NSS Royal Companion drop. Last round. 72 hours to respond.

Яikyn
As I’d predicted, the moron trying to touch the button causes all sorts of chaos.

First, the light(s) start to project an intense squalor, making my ears pin flat to my head and the prettiness of their lilting noise fade into the background. Worse than the needle like noise piercing the air is the way the sound seems to effect the world around us – the sky darkens, the glistening inch deep sea taking on a malevolent tinge of red, all seeming to radiate from the now crimson stained light of the figure’s wreath.

I can’t help but shake my head, partly to state how very well I can’t believe someone was daft enough to try to push the “don’t push me” button, but also because the sound of the screaming is awful.

Despite the horrendous uproar of the spirit(s), I try my humming, curious to discover that the beings are somehow amplifying the sound; there is a notion which crosses my mind that, perhaps, the sound is also soothing them, further emboldened when a nearby mare (pale, pretty, dove winged) joins in with her own form of song. While I wasn’t expecting someone to join me, most certainly not some hybrid woman, her melody isn’t half bad – and besides, between the thrumming sounds of our unified voices and the tap tapping of her dancing hooves, the screaming has stopped.

Having lost the freedom of spirit that had allowed me to dance at the festival as a child, I watch her playful motions with some air of jealousy, too self conscious to dance, myself, though I know a good many moves and would likely inspire envy in others around me.

Instead, I let one hoof tap in rhythm to the song that the hybrid and I make together, the sort of song that others may join in on, allowing the hum rising from my throat to drift upwards into sustained notes – not words, but the colored presence of sound, the floating melody of the voice used as an instrument.

Perhaps the lights will allow the best musician to pass through them and to the pillar, where the egg rests.

Wishlist
Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit
No prior refusals
[ Summary: Begins to tap his hoof and sorta sings? While trying to stay in time with Auriel. ]
in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots