the Rift

global concepts

Boetius Posts: 4
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3hh :: 6 years
Time

Boetius
One man caught on a barbed wire fence

What the fuck was this place? Where was I? Winter clung around like the residual lover no one wanted, and it made everything grossly wet. I pressed onward, however. Any place had to be better than where I came from. At least no one here would want to kill me. Either way, I was damn determined that I would kill them first if they tried. I was tired of living on the run, and I needed to start standing some damn ground.

Or lest appear a coward.

I was not a coward. I am not a coward. I am a god among men. I stand above everyone else in this fucking world. Even now with an ashy pelt and scars and blood dripping from my eyes I was still the most. Most everything.

Boetius.

It was a new name on my lips but I liked it. Bo. They can call me Bo. I snorted, satisfaction curling my ebon lips. Nodding to no one but myself, a stepped again into the wet snow. Dark, choking mist curled up from my feathered hooves. Each of my horns sprouted the dark fumes like a factory tower, where inside the products were questionable at best, but probably sinister by nature. How amusing.

Why the fuck was the snow so wet here? Groaning, again to no one but myself, I pressed my shoulder into a tree in an attempt to rest.

I didn't know that you cannot rest when your heart is continually pumping vile through your veins.

This place, this damnable forest, was so full of noise. Birds, and other animals, and horses. I could smell them, even as my own smoke lifted to my nostrils. My nose wrinkled as I looked around, seeing the paths that were worn down into the remnants of wet snow. Lowering my head some, I pawed at the ground. Snow moved under my solid, large hooves until green grass lit my vision.

Yes, spring was definitely on the way. With that, I assumed that many were here to find homes and a place to fill their bellies. My own stomach rumbled at the thought, and I took a mouthful of the young, cold grass. It was bitter on my tongue. Everything was bitter on my tongue. Nothing tasted as it should. I swallowed it nonetheless.

Fuck this life.

I breathed in. I breathed out.

Waiting.

talk talk

image by schwartze@da/tamme

Zandora Posts: 85
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 7 years HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Evara :: Black Leopard :: None ShadowMare
zandora
</style>

On purple daggers, Zandora left the icy fortress behind. She was tired, oh so tired of the constant reminders of her failures, her mistakes, her miseries. She left her child behind, the cursed child that wanted nothing to do with her except only when blood poured from her limbs, when Zandora bled for Cortana's life. Zandora supposed it was some twisted, dark metaphor, that only she could get wished upon her. 

Her life had taken a violent turn to hopelessness, and the vixen wanted no more of it. She would build her muscle, would build her reputation, she would forget emotion, leave the shatters of her demonic past to choke and burn in the hell she was created from, and would become the epitome of power. There would be no other option, Zandora will become the Zandoralia she once was, and there wasn't going to be anyone that could stop her. She would rise a fallen angel, burned and blacked wings now repaired with the lust of something better. 

With a new pride, a new power in her step, the vixen strided to the threshold, beginning her journey to success with recruitment. Evara trotted ahead, the black leopard sending encouraging and hopeful feelings to Zandora. The young leopard knew so much, the poor creature had been through it all with her master and Zandora was forever grateful for the bonded's commitment. No longer will Zandora dwell on the past though and with that the arabian emerged through the borders of the threshold with entrancing pride. A certain darkness glittered in the fallen angel's eyes, her steps calculated and arrogant as she swung her hips and let her purple cloak fly with the dragging tresses of her mane and tail. 

The frostfall chill was subdued by the warmth of her coat, and the heat of determination that burned so feverishly within her silky skin. Her attention was averted to the growl that released from Evara's lips, the companion smelling something that Zandora had yet to notice(or care too.) Her pupiless eyes raised from the bleached ground to rest upon a well, a sight. His skin was of gray pigment and scars littered his body and crimson dripped from coal eyes. What was perhaps the most stunning thing she had seen was his assortment of smoking horns and legs, it was almost beautiful to the women who had been raised around men that looked like him. With an arch of her brow, her lips formed her melody of a welcome, "What are you doing here?" She asked, almost skeptical that he was a worker for her father, a looming man of smoke and scar to retrieve the corpse of his daughter and drag her back to his realm. The vixen stood her ground though, a pair of purple and a pair of jade eyes waiting for the man to speak his peace. "Zandora."

"Talk."
OCC: it's a little ew but it's been awhile

Look not to the sky, but rather to the shadows, that is where you'll find me</style>
image credit
[Image: 56a075b49df35]
No restrictions on things that can happen to Zandora, please tag in first posts only.

Absent Abyss
Time

Boetius

She came, on purple hooves and long legs. I spotted her far off, but I pretended I did not. They always felt better when they initiated contact, mares. She looked at me with eyes unreadable, and I lifted my head. Her voice was like milk and honey, and it made my stomach turn. Her name swam its way into my head and I shook it some, stomping a smoking hoof. "Eating." I grumbled, leonine tail flicking behind me with my growing agitation. Who was this bitch, and why did she choose to speak to me? There were others in this forest, around me, searching for solace. What did she have to offer me? I lifted an ashy brow, crown raising some above her.

I noticed then our size difference. She was smaller than me, probably weaker. They were all weaker. I am a god. My dark, charcoal eyes narrowed some and my tail flicked again. "What do you want?" There, I asked her. No one could say I did not intend to find out her purpose for pursuing me. Perhaps she had chosen me because she could see me as a god--even through this smokey, ashen body and scars and blood. My tail flicked again. I took a step towards her, thick smog pluming up from my hooves.

I smelled her. She did not smell like anything. Just a damned horse. My head tilted some, and my tail flicked. I was coming to resemble the lion more and more every day with this new appendage. I snorted softly. "You are no royalty." I observed, ears flicking down against hard horn and sparse mane.

pixel by tamme

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

"Neither are you, stranger" a soft voice commented, before the ebon maiden had a chance to reply. "At least not here."

From a nearby thicket emerged a slender young girl, as pale of skin and hair as the stallion but angelic in contrast to the foul darkness that oozed from his being. She gazed calmly between the two with eyes that were old beyond her years, a gaze that perceived much and missed very little. It lingered for a while on each stranger in turn, neither judging nor passing but attentive; a small smile and nod was offered to the curt maiden, but when pale eyes returned to rest upon the ominous looking man there was a serious note behind her easy smile.

"Do not be so quick to pass judgment, traveler. In Helovia you are what you choose to be, neither more nor less. You would do well to remember that."

She tilted her head slightly and regarded the mare, as if considering whether she ought to add anything else, and conceded;

"Maybe she will be in the future. Or you will. Or perhaps you will both kneel before me and swear allegiance... Who knows."

A smile played across rosy lips at this, humor glittering in dual-color eyes - one green as the pale foam of the southern seas, the other milky and faded in hue with dark veins extending into the supple skin, as though some dark taint had blinded it. The filly adjusted the wings that rested against her sides, half extending them in a half mocking bow as she added;

"For future reference, I am Erthë of the World's Edge, currently apprenticed to the Goddess of Moon's seer. Might I ask who my future contenders for the thrones of Helovia might be? I perceived your name as offered, lady Zandora, but I do not know the name of your... friend."

A twist of an ear turned the last word into a question. They did not seem to be well acquainted, but appearances were deceiving and Erthë did not wish to embarrass herself by assuming anything. Coiling a slender, silk-tasseled tail around a haunch in a gesture of relaxation - one that masked the wary readiness she felt beneath the amiable smile - and turned her attention upon the gruff stallion. If she was startled by his unusual appearance the girl hid it well, for no trace of fear or uncertainty showed in her mannerism or voice.

He could be as much god as he wished - in these lands there were only four who held any real power, and she was devoted to one whom this weeping, fuming pretender could never equal in nightmarish splendor.

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Absent Abyss
Time

Boetius

I did not have much time to converse with the pink and purple painted woman before something, a cretin stepped in and started running her mouth. My lips tightened and I swung my thick, horned head to look at her. She was tiny, dainty, white like a cherub and fat with youth.

I scowled.

She continued to speak.

I moved.

Quickly, and with all of the grace my bulk afforded me, I stampeded forward towards the hybrid bitch. I swung my smoke pluming horns at her, my neck lowered and arched in an attempt to scrape them along her left-most wing, to damage the feathers and tissues I knew to be so precious. I was a pegasus once, after all. My hard, feathered hooves stopped me with a hard thud on the ground and my jaws lifted, neck twisting as I attempted to bite at the white yearling's face.

I hated her.

I hated the World's Edge for birthing such a bastard child.

I hated it all.

I moved.

Swinging my ass in her direction, the pink mare forgotten, I sent out another kick--hard, large hooves just thirsting to hear the snap of tiny canon beneath their blow. Another time, perhaps. I was done with her. Maybe she would have some thick, red lines on her body to remind her to watch her fucking tongue around those bigger, stronger, better than her.

Fuck her Moon Goddess.

I am a god.

I snorted, leaving the two women with no words. I simply flicked my long, lion's tail and walked off into the darkness of the forest. Snow crunched under my feather-covered hooves. Smoke followed me in my wake, thick and choking and ominous.

"Boetius." I called out, finally, nearly a hundred paces off.

[Exit Bo.]