the Rift

Denying Time [Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I had finally moved on from the Threshold to seek bigger and better things. I was tired from the journey and my bones ached beneath my skin. Underneath my disabled wingspan, I shuttered against the cold winds that had led me from the claiming grounds to the World’s Edge. Before me, tall bare trees rose to the heavens, their arms stretched outwards and helplessly entwined with one another as a thin mist hung faithfully around their trunks. The frozen atmosphere made it easy to see through the forest and capture the ideal lifestyle that I would soon be living. It was a grand expanse of land, one that could harbor a creature of my size and I was grateful that Mirage had brought us together. This land was now the mother to my hopeful intentions and as I stretched my feet across the hardened ground, I felt the old power that existed in the expanse of nature I now called home.

Under me, the earth quaked as my gait increased, each moment that my legs opened and lifted from the ground, I felt as if I were flying even if I would never know how it felt to touch the clouds above my head. It was no question that I was an imposing animal, my size dwarfing many I had come to greet throughout my lifetime. But now I felt like a small child, weaving between the trees and throwing my haunches against the breeze like a young colt, only slowing to fling myself across a small creek, whereupon I halted my haste to consider more urgent needs. I hadn’t thought of how parched I had become and as I neared the bank, I slid carefully down to the cracked, icy surface. No reflection met me there as it would have if the creek hadn’t been frozen from the new wintry weather. I brought a large hoof down upon the surface whereupon I dipped my massive face to the gurgling waters below. Each mouthful of the chilled stream quenched my dying need while freezing my gut with an icy coat.

I then stepped back to ponder about the things I knew I must approach upon entering a new band. I was eager to meet the other residents, if slightly apprehensive. I was none like the other pegusi and surely a gruesome sight to behold with such misshapen appendages. However, Mirage had spoken so highly of this land and I hoped for nothing but agreeable situations here. Without her guidance, I was sure that I wouldn’t have considered the World’s Edge as I do now. I also longed to begin my quest as a Protector, which only seemed fitting due to my size and nature. That meant that I was in need of a mentor, of friends, of support, of family. All of these things were features I hoped to find in my new place of refuge. Perhaps freedom did not lie in the lonely ranks of an outcast and more so in the numbered alliances of a collective.

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

The cold of FrostFall had begun to really take it's toll. The young skilled warrior found himself moving about more and more, almost pacing the boundry into the World's Edge. It served two purposes after all. One was to keep warm, while the other kept him on alert for any inncoming threats. He could only hope that Vikram and any of the apprentice protectors were doing the same. Granted he had not seen Vikram since the invasion, and had yet to meet any new members that were protectors as well.

The crack of ice caught the skilled protecter's attention and he moved forward. His first concern was of course that the ice had been to thin and a young foal had fallen through. It was with relief he spotted the draft, small wings upon his back. With a warm smile the younger draft stepped forward, snow and ice clinging to the feathers around his hooves. "You must be new around here. I'm Aaron, one of the protectors." The paint watched him, hoping his guess had been right. After all, he smelled of the Edge.... He had to be one of them, right?

Insanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
To rest eyes on the likes of him was both intimidating and inviting. I welcomed this unexpected visitor because he wore the scented cloak of The Edge and my hunger for knowledge of the place was brimming over my muddled thoughts. His pale exterior was none like my own and he was but a few years younger, but the thick chorded muscles of power wrapped his frame like a second skin. I was envious of the youngster which was a lot to be said coming from my mouth, but he had an essence about him that answered my question of his importance. Surely, he was one of Mirage’s protectors. The wintry breeze wrapped its gentle arms around us now as flakes of ivory dust misted over the ground and danced around our feet. “I am indeed foreign to the Edge, but it is a place that I am to call home.” At this he rested his gentle gaze upon the young protector, eager to question him of the traditions one must appeal to when learning the ways of the trade.

I am Thor, also a protector of sorts, if apprenticeship applies. Perhaps you would be kind enough to enlighten me on the aspects of inhabiting your role?” I shifted my weight from front to back now, the cold augmenting a stiffness in my bones. I was glad to see that the snow decided to fiend boredom with the Edge instead of unleashing another bought of frosted rain upon all that called the lands home. I was already anticipating the spring and the promise of warmth to liven up these frigid bones. I longed to call myself a true protector by the time new flowers began to rim the Edge with pastel charms.

Ooc; oops, I didn't mean to post under Insanity XD