[OPEN] the more you run, the more you feel undefined

Riel Posts: 15
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo

in the golden lightning of the sunken sun
o'er which clouds are bright'ning thou dost float and run
like an unbodied joy whose race is just begun

All the stars are coming out, for a third time, as Riel finally leaves the Threshold behind her.  She ventured there completely by accident this time around.  In Truth she’d gotten herself lost trying to reach the meadow.  In her defense she’s never actually seen the Thistle Meadow before now.  So, it isn’t a case of forgetting the way since you can’t forget something you never knew.  Still, it would have been wiser to travel with the others assigned to this patrol unit instead of venturing off on her own.  Still, while she didn’t make any waves, or convince anyone to join the Throat… it can’t be called a complete waste of time.  At least she found someone who could give her directions.

Now she walks, yes walks, out from under the trees of the deep forest.  No doubt she would much rather have flown but the close confines of forests like the one now at her back do not allow for the double expanse of her wings and the maneuvers required to get her body off the ground.  She comes traipsing in to the open field with her wings still folded firmly against her sides.  This arrangement means it is not obvious that she has any more than the normal number of wings for a pegasus and leaves only her shining gold coat and silver hair to draw the eye.

Was I trying to avoid Ampere?

Well, maybe a little… and really the thought makes me feel silly.  Chances are she won’t even remember me.  Still, I feel bad about walking out on her and I’ve been being a big-old-chicken about this fact ever since my return.  This avoidance landed me on a lone patrol when I could have been traveling in a group of four desert people.  It also got me lost, meaning it will take me that much longer to get back to the Throat that I hadn’t wanted to venture out from in the first place.  At least spring is not very far away, I will feel more adventurous when the sun is ruling more of the day.  Winter is not my favorite season and even living in a desert the chill combined with the dark adds up enough to be depressing.  This lone ranger act also means I passed up a chance to meet some of my herd mates, I definitely regret that consequence of the decision.

This place is not exactly stellar.  It is an open, empty expanse of dirty white.  No doubt it is breathtaking at any other time of year but now… not so much.  I find it hard to imagine what the Sultan and Sultana could possible want to know about such a barren empty place.  Then again, maybe they don’t… maybe they just stuck me on the easiest patrol because I’m well, me.  Not a fighter, or a spy, or anything of any use at all really.

My mind is wandering off into darkness now and I must take a firm hand with myself.

Riel, this is soooo not like you. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, go march around and observe a bit and then go home and be happy.  Get to it, chop, chop!

For a few minutes after entering the field the woman stands frozen as if she has disappeared inside her head.  Then she shakes herself, gives one firmly decisive snort and moves forward floating from a trot to an easy canter.  This simple gate is allowed to convey her slowly around the perimeter of the meadow eyes and ears alert for anything of note or deeper interest. 

the pale purple even melts around thy flight
like a star of Heaven in the broad daylight
thou art unseen, but yet I hear thy shrill delight
(Image Credits | table by Chan | quote from "to a skylark" by Percy Bysshe Shelley)

OOC: This is serving as her DT Patrol for Frostfall 7 but anyone is welcome to respond.

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

I couldn't help but to postpone the return to the frozen grasp of the beautiful Basin just a little bit longer. Even though I loved the cold and the way her harsh, bony fingers brushed through my thick winter coat, I couldn't seem to drag myself back to the horse-high snow drifts and the dark caves that called out like a long lost lover. She would have to wait a bit longer as I mulled lazily about the snow laden Meadow. During the spring the region would be colored wonderfully in a shade of violet so bright that even I could almost make it out in the moonlight. Tonight though, the bright light of the moon shone off of a blanket of thick snow, the glow from the light a little disorienting to my monochromatic eyes but still better than the darkness I normally suffered through when the sun was at his peak.

Irritation rolled off of the red kite, who was circling overhead, in waves. Edison had been looking forward to being back in the Basin, back in the safety of a herd where he wouldn't feel the need to keep a watchful eye on me anymore. But once again, I had changed the plans up on him by lolly gagging here. I almost reached out to the bird of prey, planning on offering him encouraging words that we would head back within the next few days and he could stop being a moody asshole, but I was caught off guard by the arrival of a female sky rat. Moon eyes flicked in the direction of the moon lit mare, resting easily on her folded wings for a moment before settling upon her finely sculpted features.

The avian moved from the sky to light upon my withers where he peered around my tangled locks to rest beady eyes on the mare, who through his eyes I now knew to be gold and silver. A beautiful combination if only she didn't have those feathered appendages sprouting from her shoulders. Clearing my throat I shifted my weight slightly so I would be standing and facing the strange mare. "Hello stranger." My voice gruff with the lack of usage. The last time I had actually spoken up was to Ranjiri a couple nights ago, since then I hadn't ran into a soul worthy of speaking to. Even now, I wasn't sure why I felt the need to speak to the golden rat who stood before me.

"Talk?"
roux
of all the things you could pick to be
you sure look like a bitch to me
sorry he's a dick in his own mind.
@Riel
image credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>