the Rift

[OPEN] All Around the Mulberry Bush

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She had been searching for hours. Literally hours. High and low the spotted doe searched the half melted snow, looking under any withered branch she could find in hopes that she could find a glimpse of anything that looked remotely like a berry. The Earth God had wanted them for something, had asked her himself for them in exchange for... for... for what? For friendship advice? For a friend? He hadn't really specified on that part. Yet Myrrine had been so starstruck and eager to please him that she hadn't thought to ask, instead she had simply obeyed and went on her merry way. Her heart thudded at the thought of seeing a smile on the ascended man's face, to see his pleasure and to hears his praise at all of her hard work. That would be reward enough to be honest, to please one of the Gods she so deeply worshiped. Yet she hoped she could still get something out of it, that she could finally be free from this lonely life filled with uncertainties and inconsistencies. How she wished for just once in her life, that she would be able to confide in someone who would love her unconditionally, easily with no judgment, and would always see her side of things.

These thoughts only surged her forward in her endeavor, making her even more eager to find these berries. The earthen man had warned her that they would be tricky to find, but she didn't think it would be this hard! So here she was in the meadow, pacing along the icy stream and by the rocky outlook that had clumped brush within the crevices, hoping and wishing that something would show up for her. She still had come up with nothing, only sore frogs and sweat forming on her coat. It began to freeze quickly, causing her to lightly shiver and look to the stream eagerly, hoping there was a hole where she could soak her feet and take a gentle drink. She couldn't stay too long though, couldn't be leisurely when it came to the cold. If she wanted hypothermia, it would have to wait until she finished her quest and returned to the Veins. Until then, she needed to push through and find these stinkin' berries!

OOC: Such bad. Very cry. Forgive me.

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Hera
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel
THE SUN DOES NOT ABANDON THE MOON TO DARKNESS

Wandering out on her own had been something that she was not supposed to do especially when she hadn't the faintest idea of where she was going. The longer she paced up and down the invisible border the more she wanted just to venture out a little bit and see what was on the other side. Technically she didn't have anyone other then Temby that she kinda looked up to as a daddy, not that she would ever tell him that. Already she had lost everyone in her life she couldn't risk accidently calling Temby dad and making him go away too. So anyway this was her little secret that she could tell nobody. Anyway back to the border line thingmajig... Basically one step led to two and two to ten and so on and so on until she found herself lost staring out around a big ol meadow. Figuring that she couldn't be that far from home she took off kicking up her heels in a imaginary game of tag.

A little ways through her game the filly came across a stream stopping to lower her head and half her body to have a drink. Lapping up the cold water she paused to gaze around at where she had gotten herself. Standing hock deep in the freezing liquid there was still only a whole array of brush, bushes and grass with the occasional tree here and there. Lifting a front hoof to paw at the water's surface she paused in her movement with the appearance of a spotted mare a little ways downstream. In a way she looked familiar but she didn't believe that she had ever met her before, she must had seen her at one of those strange gatherings Temby always made her attend. Figuring that she couldn't manage to get herself in anymore trouble that she was already in when she managed to get home the filly set course for the winged mare.

While walking down the middle of the stream had seemed like a good idea at the time, turns out it was actually a rather bad idea. By the time she managed to get out of the water she was already freezing her butt off while the water was slowly turning to ice upon her skin. Shaking herself off as best she could on the bank she cautiously approached the spotted mare trying to figure out what she was doing. "Did you loose something?" She asked gently lowering her head to look around on the ground for whatever the mare seemed to be searching for.

WORDS: 431 || TAGGED: @Myrrine
Notes go here!

[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Watermel0nBob

The sound of another caught her by surprise, hazel eyes looking to find a beautiful little girl staring at her with wide, curious eyes. Blinking slowly and watching her kindly, when she finally spoke a smile broke onto the mare's inky maw, and soon she was lifting herself to her full height to greet her. Smelling her scent upon the wind, she realized that the girl was one of the members of the Edge, and a rather young one at that. Though she didn't recognize her or have any idea who her parents might be, she still approached her with a kindness, not with an expression of scolding. Yes, this child certainly shouldn't be out in the cold like this, but that was also not her place to be saying either, that's her parents job.

With a swish of her tail she finally met the painted beauty's gaze once again, giggling softly as she spoke," I didn't really lose anything, more that I am simply looking for something I have yet to obtain. I've been sent on a special mission to search for certain things for the Earth God. Right now I'm looking for the berries he asked for, but he did warn me they'd be awfully hard to find." She frowned at this, realizing she was about ready to just call it for now. She had spent the majority of her day looking for something, not even knowing how it looked. It was tasking, and she was growing very tired. It had taken too much time, and perhaps the Gods were telling her she couldn't find them yet.

Or maybe, she need a friend to help. Looking down at the filly sweetly, admiring her beautiful colors of gold and blue, she tilted her head lightly in questioning, before asking softly in that curious tone of hers," Have you perchance seen any berries around here? If you could point me in the right direction I would most appreciate it!"

OOC: I love how I said quick then I poofed. I'm sorry xD

MYRRINE

@Hera

Outcast
nickel

Ignoring the cold chill that was starting to creep up her legs and into her body the filly couldn't help but listen to the older girl with fascination. She had never met anyone like her before, granted she had only ever met three other people in her life but this was still an accomplishment. Studying her pretty coat of black and white spots her blue eyes slowly moved to her most colourful wings. They were very unlike those she had grown accustomed to from Elsa and Aly, no they were what was the word...unique. Why did everyone around here had wings and she didn't? They would have definitely helped her to keep warm these last few weeks, guess being tucked underneath them at night would just have to suffice for her lack of them.

As the mare spoke of her special mission her interest peaked drawing her full attention to the cause. Who was the Earth God? Since arriving here she had heard mentions about certain gods and stuff but nobody had ever been around to ask about them, maybe this was her chance to learn some more about it. "Who is the Earth God?" She asked softly hoping that this was not a bad question to ask someone. He must be someone of importance if everyone seems to know him, but why hadn't she seen him yet?

With all missions there was bound to be something that you needed to find and for some strange reason it was berries. Why did the Earth Man need berries? Was he making a pie? The other possible reasons alluded her young mind so she chose to stick with that he was gonna make a pie. Have you perchance seen any berries around here? Pausing in her thoughts she slowly began to shake her head when she stopped as the memory of Elsa taking her for berries surfaced. It had been a couple weeks ago now but if she could remember correctly they were growing along some stream and had bright red berries hidden underneath thorns. "I don't really remember where but I have seen them not too long ago. Elsa helped me find them." She commented pricking her ears up happily. It was not often that she could be of use to anyone being so young but today she knew something that someone didn't! "They where somewhere around the stream but hidden beneath some prickly leaves." She added as she turned to walk the remaining paces back towards the stream. Staying clear of the cold water this time she ventured amongst the bushes with her head held low searching for these elusive berries.

WORDS: ### || TAGGED: @Myrrine
Notes go here!

Watermel0nBob

The girl seemed very sweet. Enough to make her wish that she could be young and naive again; and yet, had she ever been? It seemed her life had thrown one thing after another at her, forming her into a girl that had a lot more years on her than she should have. She couldn't think about that right now, this child was asking her questions, and she knew she needed to answer them. Looking down at her patiently, she took a moments pause in her story to explain to her just who the might God was," The Earth God is one of the four patron Gods that rule our lands. His home land is the Hidden Falls, where our Patron God is the Moon Goddess. I haven't met her yet, though I hope one day that I will."

She paused, hoping this was a satisfactory answer for her, ready to answer anymore, when she finally answered her own question. Her eyes widened in excitement, looking to where she direct, happily smiling and responding as such," Oh my! Thank you so much for your input! Hopefully I can find some there!" With that Myrrine began to follow suit, avoiding the stream lightly and searching beneath the bushes curiously. With the winter snow most of them were devoid of anything, but after continuous and a few pricks in her muzzle, her eyes came upon a bright red. She gasped in delight, seizing the moment to snatch forward and to grab the berries she had been told about. Fighting past the sharpness of the defensive vegetation, she managed to pull out a decent little group of them on one branch. Huffing in relief, she moved towards her cloak and gently placed them against it, before forming a makeshift pouch around it and tying it into a loose knot. This would do until she returned to the God.

Once finished, she looked to Hera happily, approaching her with a wide smile and dipping her head lightly to her," Thank you so much! You were right, they were over here. It was a little tricky getting to them, but I managed to get them! You've been the greatest help! Please, may I know your name friend?" She only hoped she wasn't asking too much by calling the child friend, though they were different in age, she felt that she liked the young filly, and was pleased to have had her help on this little journey. She only hoped they would be able to meet again and also spend time together once more in their home land.

OOC:

MYRRINE

@Hera

Outcast
nickel

Eager to hunt down the elusive berries the painted filly was not planning to give up and return empty handed. Surely there had to be something left out here right? Pausing to rub her muzzle against her foreleg to get rid of the itchiness the filly just happened to look down at a couple squashed berries. Her heart jumped with excitement as she ignored the prickles to stick her face down between the branches to try and snatch some of the fuller ripe berries. At first her horns kept getting caught on the branches making it hard to get at them but with a little wiggling she managed to grasp one of the thick stems and snap it off. There! She had managed to do something for herself, well for someone else but she was still happy. Now just to get her head out of here in one piece...

Figuring that getting out would be the easy part the filly tried pulling back the exact way she had gone in. Failure, her horns decided to snag on the multiple branches that were growing deeper in the bush. Bracing herself she tried pulling a little harder managing to get herself halfway out before the thorns snagged her mane. Great this was not how she had been planning to spend her day. Readjusting her grip on her berries she gave one last heave ripping her head backwards before the branches broke free sending her scrambling for her footing. Slipping on some hidden ice she found herself sitting in a pile of cold snow with pieces of broken branches stuck in her mane. "I got some." She mumbled stem still in her mouth, the few berries still managing to cling to the stem after such a rough exit.

Dropping them in front of her she lowered her head to try and rub away the scratches she now had on her face and neck. Why hadn't Elsa gotten covered in these things when she had done it? Rising to her feet and shaking herself off she looked over to see if the spotted girl had managed to get any. "I'm Hera, or at least that's what my Mamma called me." She replied a sad note touching her voice at the thoughts of her mother. It had been a few weeks since she had lived here but she still wished that her mother could be here with her. "Who are you?"

Notes go here!

Watermel0nBob

She had taken quite the tumble, one that made Myrrine look mildly concerned for her wellbeing, pushing closer to her and checking to see if she would be alright. There were a few scratches here and there, along with many branches and twigs tangled in that dark mane of hers, causing her to smile yet at the same time let concern well through her complexion. Without thinking, she moved her inked maw closer to the filly, attempting to pry away the debris from her silken tresses, to make her look beautiful once again. Should she let her she would remove all of them and make sure her mane was back to being nicely kept. Smiling gently she pulled away, tenderly taking the other mangled branches of berries with her and speaking through her mouth kindly," Thank you so much for your help. It's very much appreciated!"

" Hera," she continued, placing the left over berries into her makeshift pouch before looking to the girl happily again," I like that name. My mother called me Myrrine. It's a pleasure to meet you!" Had it been her imagination, or had there been a touch of sadness in her tone at the mention of "Momma". The thought let fear lurch into her throat, her mind to whirl at the sudden thought that maybe this girl had lost her mother too. She was much younger than she had been when she had lost Mother, but it was enough to cause the worry to build within her spotted chest, for her mind to become frazzled and for her to resonate deeply with what the painted girl felt.

She remembered the pain of coming here, to a forest of unfamiliarity and loneliness, to be met by Kahlua who was then the Edge's Queen, and to be taken here, to home. How many nights had she cried by herself alone? Hidden away from others so they couldn't see and the tears refusing to stop. Only Cerin had seen them, had comforted her in her time of need and made her feel everything would be okay again. But had anyone done that for her? For little Hera who was most likely lost in this world at the thought of not having a mother to share this life with? But she could be making assumptions though, could be jumping too quickly to conclusions, when maybe she was simple homesick for the Edge, where her mother was patiently awaiting for her return. Perhaps both of them should head in that direction now, it was rather cold and they could use some warming up.

" Well now that we've accomplished one task, shall we head home now Miss Hera?" she spoke kindly, eyes filled with cheer and trying to hide the fear she was holding deep within. She hoped the girl would want to follow suit, to also go home where they could dry off and find some warmth in the sanctuary of the deep pines.

OOC:

MYRRINE

@Hera

Outcast
nickel

Letting the spotted girl help to rid her of the horrible sticky branches she couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed for her mishap. Grown-ups didn't do stupid things like that so neither should she. Trying to shake the feeling off as quickly as she could without too much fuss the filly concentrated on the berries and making sure that her new friend got them. She was still curious as to why a god would want berries, maybe she could ask him herself?! No, that would involve trying to find him and she was already lost just coming here. Who knows what else was out there that could be wanting to eat her.

Myrrine, that was a pretty name she mused contentedly to herself as the girl finally introduced herself so she would no longer be the spotted one in her mind. A soft smile lit up her face at the praise she had been given making her feel all warm inside despite the cold. Guess she would be spending her night by the fire again, alone. In a way she was glad that Myrrine had not noticed her small break in tone at the mention of her mother. It was easier this way for then she would not break out in tears again. She had been told to be strong but why was it so hard?

" Well now that we've accomplished one task, shall we head home now Miss Hera?" Looking up to Myrrine as she spoke she finally decided that she liked her. Before she was just ok but she had been nice and had helped to give her something to do instead of getting eaten by some scary monster. Nodding her head she was more than happy to follow her friend home pretending that she knew the way all along.

Good place to end it I think :) We need to thread again sometime they seem like they get along quite well.