the Rift

[OPEN] A voice on the wind

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

NPC

Winter. Such a melancholy season with its dreary rains and perpetual mist. Though the biting chill and deep snows of the mainland lose much of its effect this far south the winds still lament as it roams the confusing maze of the archipelago. Bowing the palm trees on storm-swept shores, stirring waves into a frenzy and causing them to hurl their frothing might against jagged black rock, until the very stone seem to weep from constantly dripping moisture, salt and brine.

And yet, a sound comes drifting with the mist that touch the cords of your heart more profoundly than any sighing wind could ever do. A melody, sweet and haunting and eternal as the rocking ocean draw you in, tempt - no dare you to seek out a lonesome cavern on a desolate shoreline, wrecked by waves and whistling winds.

The song speaks of danger and struggles, but also of hope, and teasing rewards. The entrance to the cave is narrow and steeped in darkness, but there is no doubt that this is the place from where the song emanates.

Will you dare set foot inside and answer the call?

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

She is quietly watching the waves this morning. The early golden light kissing the white brimmed claws that reach from the tossing waters. Grayness threatens to move in and steal the growing light away. Gentle winds grow more powerful by the second and the waves slap a little harder each time they find the coal colored stone rising from the rocking seas. It may even start raining or thundering soon, she muses to herself.

And what a lonely day today – it's days like these that I wish more of you, Mother. More of your presence, your guidance. A chance to hear your voice, because I fear I skew it each time I try to drudge the memories from my mind.

She closes her golden eyes with a soft sigh that rolls out into the air in white curls of breath-mist before dissipating. That tail of hers is always swishing, swatting and dangling its lacy white plume just over the ground or lifted over her dappled back – especially when her thoughts run like they are now. Without knowing it she steps further and lets the cold water wrap her feathered ankles. The cold jolts her away from her sorrowful daydreams and a whuff billow from her pink nostrils, which now flare a little. Her tail snaps and dances behind her while she erupts into a spirited spin, frolicking from the receding water with a playful kick.

Look over there!

Something pulls at her ears, her eyes, and her full attention to the dark  mouth of a mysterious looking cavern. She's not sure why she's suddenly looking at it, into it, wanting to approach it with utter curiosity. She looks east, west... is there anyone else around? Her skin shivers beneath her steely gray fur. An adventure partner would be just the perfect thing right now..

Macaria

Your words in my memory
Are like music to me
(picture by smithers)

[i just copied the tags from the plot post, apologies if you're not participating right away.]

lets have some funnn ;D

@Akeli @Tae @Murtagh @Milo @Ali @Ru @Chan @Etziel
OPEN TO EVERYONE! Anyone can still jump in.

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar
The wanderings of the restless yearling travelled east, along the terrible force of the winds, and the dark waters of the ocean. From the sky she fought hard against the twists and pulls of the winds. Her breath became heavy, wings to burn underneath the strain. She could not last for very long, lest she be pulled and shoved into the rocky cliffs, or dragged into the depths of the sea. Preferring that she remain alive and intact, she spots the shoreline and makes a hasty decent farther back from Macaria.

In her haste she omits the dark, silvery form up ahead. And squeals when a gust sends her suddenly sideways. Into the shallow waters of the beach nearly tripping from the water. Her breath is held as she bites her tongue, it’s frigid and nasty! And its hurts, as she leaps for the dry and pebbled shore…

The wind here is a constant force, though as the youth pulls her white and dusky slate wings to her sides, she is simply relieved. Thankful, and happy all the while. She lowers her head, closing her eyes and relishes in the break. Her breaths shake her body, only for a moment before she lifts that head – bright eyes widening as a pull leads her further. A melody of a sort, an invisible gravity pricks her ears and tugs the rusted chords of a childlike curiosity.

A disjointed coo exits from her mouth; noting the silvery figure from which her eyes are drawn to. She is intreagued by the golden crown settled upon that head, the tail that wavers along the wind. At once those darkened limbs take foot of the beach, allured (furthermore) by the tune despite the crash of each raging wave, or the screams that twist and screech between the isles. Filling her temporary fatigue with a jolting thrill for adventure and mystery found anew.

She lifts her head up as the youth closes the distance between them, a light layer of small, white feathers speckled that neck and her stubby tail.  A cheerful whinny breaches the silence, the filly stills, halting to draw her gaze upon the cavernous mouth beyond. Finally bobbing her head in its direction, before settling on the much larger filly.

Image Credits

@Macaria
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death