the Rift

stardust calling

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

What brings you here, Vu?

She imagines the winter bird saying as it looks down from its snowy perch, no doubt wondering why she is disturbing its evening rest. Lowering cerulean eyes as it turns from her seeking out the warmth of its mate, she softly sighs knowing she too should rest. Perhaps once I find whom I seek. The clouds at last part but they disappoint;  too little moonlight to continue her search. A purely winter wind drums to life then, blowing ebony hair nearly straight back as she shifts to stand further off the little path forged by countless strangers. Whirling snow paints her a speckled white for just a moment before it speeds away, content to twist and fly in the wind. Twin corners curl up a fraction as she watches the snowflakes dance and soar, much like the birds she adores.

As the moon continues its ascent to the sky and the earth grows colder than before, Vu finds herself in a small quandary lacking any form of shelter. The openness of the path before her beckons, demanding she follow it further, deeper into the wood. With a last glance behind she pushes onward into yet another strange land following the rumors of a bronzed pegasus with stardust on his wings. These rumors always trace their way back to her waiting ears, her half-brother too unique in his appearance to go without notice. She hopes and prays to whoever from the heavens will listen that this time she will not arrive only to find him gone.

The trees loom above and the silence stretches on as hooves find purchase in the newly found mud the signs of winter fading the deeper she walks. At least winter will be ending here soon. A cluster of evergreens seem to glow with life and the promise of a break from the biting chill of the once loved wind and its dancing flakes. Vu steps past the pair of elms guarding the entrance and into the clearing only big enough for her and perhaps two others. Thoughtful eyes come to rest on an appealing looking bough and she approaches, fully intending to at last rest. Instantly the air appears to calm and once more she softly sighs as cerulean eyes drift closed.

"speech"

OOC:  Please bear with me…I haven’t done this since 2012. So rusty. X.x

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

She takes it upon herself (for who else?) to traverse the threshold on a routine check, meticulous and trained steel eyes keeping record of every wing and horn they lay upon. Colt moves quietly, a subtle whisper of her threatening air spiraling up her legs and consuming her being as she makes her way through the trees. She will succeed, her empire will grow and prosper the way her father she intended it to, even if it meant she must nurture and black mail and beat others into her cause. She will sacrifice everything for this organization, just as her father had (damn him eternally), up until the day of her death she would put her blood, sweat and metaphorical tears into raising the empire from where it was currently settled in the ashes. 

Her lucky streak continues with the entrance of an onyx damsel, taking her brindled body towards the ivory kissed rump of the foreign woman. Colt closes in on her target, intending to capture her by any means necessary. She would not accept rejection, not when her empire was sinking towards the point of no return, to a place where it was no longer salvageable. 

She clears her throat, looking at the mare whose eyes are closed in rest, in peace and calm. "I don't suggest resting just yet." She states, glancing around with a burning fury in her eyes, a threat that any who dare approach will be given her deepest hatred. A predator should never be interrupted while hunting. Hopefully none were foolish enough to try and weasel into the conversation when it'd already begun, and it'd better not be any unicorn r pegasus that does such. Their false belief that they're better would not earn them any respect from Colt, and interrupting her predatory ritual would be a fatal mistake. 
"TALK TALK TALK"

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

@Vu so i am sleep deprived and just finished a post with another char so this is awkwardly written, but welcome to helovia!!
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Outcast
Istina

A solitary twitch of a pitch stained ear, I hear another come this way. Even in the faltering light my sky black self is found, Night planned a vicious game, to trap and kill the moon. A poem heard long ago comes to mind and I silently laugh, betrayed by the moonlight. Do I wish for solitude? The answer is unknown, a debate I refuse to indulge. The concept of being anything but alone is foreign and curious. Knowing little of a life protected in a group I simply cannot give an opinion. Thought. The last in a series of three, the rule of Thought insists I give all reasoning a chance. The wind picks up, blowing a scent and reminding me of the incoming stranger; a mare. Eyes sealed tight slowly open as words pour from the mouth of her.

An odd statement to make, I found no evidence of danger along my meandering path. I turn to look upon this stranger and find myself surprised. Her countenance speaks of an emotion quite lost on myself. Elegance. In all things I am to be serene, the second in this trilogy of rules. Perhaps there is an unknown danger I overlooked? The moments pass while I stand motionless and observe. Her coat is an uncommon one in the lands where I was born, a brindle faded to the silver of the moon to match the furious gray eyes staring at me. Charcoal lips at long last part and I quietly speak, ”I did not sense upon my arrival any sign of danger, though then dare I ask, what brings that look of anger?”

Posing a question to an unknown mare, how brave I have become through all my travels. My lips would curl upward in a self-deprecating smile were I once more alone. In her presence, this silver-burned stranger, I hold my features still, serenity, serenity. comes the self-heard chant. The past months have pushed my rule abiding limits, the weasel I encountered before springs to mind. He wished for the promise of more from me before he spilled his secrets, the rumors he had heard regarding the pegasus I seek. To his unending shock, I simply left while all still slept and took to the snowy trails. When morning came, he greeted me, knowing he had lost and spilled those secrets for the price of a rare smile. My thoughts turn back to her and I begin to wonder what price she may ask if the knowledge I seek is hers to give.

"speech"

OOC: I hope you don't mind I switched to first person, I think I prefer it for her. Also, I believe Rift will be stopping by at some point during this thread, her PEGASUS brother. muahaha. <3 

@Colt @Rift

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel
Ciceron
&
Kiara
You don't understand what it's like
to live always at war, to grow up with
battle and sacrifice;;
Lorem ipsum dolor

The threshold was a place of unexpected dangers that could easily slaughter the ill prepared especially at night. With the fading sunlight making it harder and harder to see the grey stallion was thankful for the faint light emitted by his floral markings. Kiara had no problems seeing in the dark so she was up walking ahead of him as a sort of forest guide to keep him out of giant holes or anything else that might show up unexpectedly. Pushing forward through the undergrowth the faintest sound of voices catch his ear drawing his footsteps still. Drawing his head high, silver eyes scan around the dense forest for the source. Did you hear something? He asked Kiara silently letting their bond connect with ease. Listening as the soft padding of her feet drew closer he felt her whiskers tickle the insides of his forelegs. "Voices off to the left, smells like two." She responded turning to lead the way.

Shaking the dust from his coat the silver warrior picked his way after his tigeress knowing that she would be easily able to find the way. Emerging from the brush his eyes fall upon the sight of two mares standing a little ways from each other in a silent hush. Glancing between them he notes the rather hostile expression on the silver black while the other mare seemingly a newcomer with something that looked like confusion. Hopefully he was not walking in on some womanly bitch fest cause those could get ugly real fast as he had learned from prior experience. Clearing his throat he finally spoke to clear the silence. " Hello ladies." He commented politely dipping his head in greeting to both mares. "My name is Ciceron of the Hidden Falls and this here is Kiara. Who might you be?"

Kiara sensing the potential for tensions to rise chose to position herself by her grey warrior's side to keep a watchful eye over the situation.  

Ciceron Speaks
Kiara Speaks
Silent Speech

Image Credit
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris
RIFT 

there was a whisper of Birdsong on the nights soft breeze. Glancing up through the lattice of bate branches, the crimson Pegasus inhaled the scents of the Threshold, surprised to behold the musk of other equines at such a late hour. 

But... There

Tilting his head to the side in a birdlike fashion, the winged stallion inhaled once more, deeper this time. Forehead creasing, mumbled words tumbled from pursed lips, "It can't be."

Wings unfurled and within seconds, Rift was hurtling through the brittle canopy and into the sky. Hooves brushed the tops of trees and night birds screeched their dissent at his shadow. He paid them no mind, though; there was someone he needed to see. At last, there was a flash of movement and a glimpse of a spotted flank. Tilting, the scarlet gent crashed through the boughs to land rather unceremoniously beside the slim figure of Vu. He remained silent, chest heaving and pupilless eyes stretched wide.

There was a dreamlike feel to the moment, a sort of impossibility that filled the books and crannies of Rifts reality. She was here. She was alive, grown, beautiful, well. Here she was, the child he had found splayed beneath a tree on an autumn night, whose bright cerulean eyes had been dimmed by fear and uncertainty; she was here. 

Carefully, he stretched his head forward to press his nose against her dark neck. Jeweled eyes slid shut as he breathed her in, assured that this was no hallucination, that this wasn't just another detailed dream; this was her.

Tears swam at the edges of his vision as those crimson eyes reopened, "Vu," his voice was whisper soft against obsidian skin. "You found me. You finally found me." A few more moments passed before the welling of emotion in his chest became manageable. It was then that he realized that his sister was not alone. Turning to face the pair of strangers, Rift took a small step forward in a subtle protective gesture. 

"I see you've already attracted some company," the statement was painted in a sort of stoic welcome; who, exactly, were these creatures and what did they truly want from his sibling? Draping his left wing over Vu's thin shoulders, Ridt studied the unknown equines carefully before speaking, "I am Rift and this is my sister, Vu." Scarlet eyes rested upon the seemingly furious mare, "Her first taste of life in Helovia shouldn't be influenced by a thief." He didn't mind that his voice lacked the venom that was so clearly supposed to coat his words, but he had never been much for aggression. 

He recalled the whispering a throughout the Dragon's Throat of Gaucho punishing an outcast thief; an outcast thief whose description was suspiciously similar to that of this unknown mare. Turning his attention to the unicorn stallion, Rift nodded his greeting, not finding a formal introduction necessary when his long-list sister stood at his side. 

"Welcome home, sister," he ruffled at her forelock lovingly, lips pulling into a grin, "You've stumbled into Helovia. There are four herds here, and though I hail from the Dragons Throat, I think it's my turn to follow you anywhere." And with that said, the devoted sibling went to work fussing over and grooming the onyx mare - he had a few years to make up for.

@Vu 
@Colt
@Ciceron

Sorry for any misspellings I did this on mobile. ❤️❤️
All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo

Outcast
Istina

The ground quakes at the entrance of another, perhaps this unseen danger will at last bother? Inwardly I applaud but chastise myself for the childish rhyme of my thoughts; to all who may observe my features remain sculpted of stone serenity. In truth the earth does not shake, rattle or warn; the forest though whispers to itself, the sounds of flesh rubbing past sticks and leaves, feet crushing their fallen kin. Eavesdropping on the sounds, I now sense the soft tread of two..No peace this night. Thoughts turn to peer inside my own brain as azure eyes carefully watch the edges of the clearing as well as my newfound companion—no, stranger. Branches part, kissing the hide of another silvered beast as he enters, a single horn upon his head capturing my attention.

Neutrality prevails over all, my mask of mistaken indifference once more wedged firmly in place, as I force my eyes to meet his own. I am familiar with unicorns, though where I was birthed and raised at first, they were something of an oddity; rare and rather unwelcoming to any lacking a horn. His kind demeanor leaves me somewhat puzzled because of this and for a moment I find myself intimidated by this larger structure. Cordial words ring out and I visibly start when my eyes finally descend to see the form of the one deemed Kiara. Nostrils flaring slightly, a predator with prey? My surprise at her being there is one of my own making; too entranced that a horned-beast would deign to speak with me I failed to notice his companion. In my homeland (that I’ve come to view as much more primitive) such a friendship never occurred, all predators lumped into the same failing category and thusly avoided. An awkward silence on my part lapses and I, finally, speak. ”Good evening to you both.”

A rustling overhead cuts my tongue off as the forest speaks it protests and a reddened figure crashes to earth beside me. Eyes widen, ”it cannot be,” words whispered on the slightest of breath leak out. Charcoal lips part in equal parts elation and shock. Rift..?” Hazy memories swim to the surface, has it really been so long since I last saw him? The view in my mind’s eye does not do his form justice but confirms it can be no other and emotions long suppressed spring to life. My name greets my eager ears, his breath tickling my skin as he continues to speak. The moment is cushioned, separate from the rest and truthfully for just this minute I forget there are strangers in our midst. Charcoal lips pull back into a genuine smile, nothing but sheer happiness shining from it. As he notices the others, realization hits me too and I turn my face into his shoulder in time with his crimson wing folding over me.

My elation becomes dampened though wild emotions still swirl within; my voice unable to mask all of it. ”Ah, yes, I believe I have.” I look back onto the spectators for our reunion and as I speak, the familiar neutrality drops back into its needed place. ”A thief…an interesting note considering you warned me against resting here.” My tone conveys only curiosity as a distant bell in my mind rings with the first of the rules; Truth above all else. Having no idea of the mare’s past or present; I simply shrug and turn my focus to encompass the entirety of our group. Rift addresses me once more and I soak in his voice; afraid this is still all a dream. ”Helovia? I should very much like to more about the lands you call home, dear brother, but first may I ask what it is you three seek?” Features soften at my brother’s ministrations giving my question a welcoming varnish as I cast my gaze about relaxing under his wing until cerulean eyes once more land upon the tigress. Curiosity burns bright.

"speech"

OOC:  <3

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel
Ciceron
&
Kiara
You don't understand what it's like
to live always at war, to grow up with
battle and sacrifice;;
Lorem ipsum dolor

Another face appears from the treetops with the sound of snapping twigs and a swirl of wind. A stallion non the less but this one seems to know the young black maiden in which they were all standing around. Eyeing the two of them suspiciously to make sure that the young girl was comfortable with the other stud he prepared himself to step in should things be actually the opposite of what they appeared. He would not have anyone forcing themselves upon another no matter where they were.

As the pegasus went on to talk around them all the information he was able to gather was that the pair were no other than siblings separated for an unknown period of time. He was glad when attention seemed to shift gradually to acknowledge the rest of them but still his words were limited. Casting a questioning glance over to the silent dark mare as the boy known as Rift called her a thief, he wondered if such accusations were true. From what he could tell the pegasus boy was from the Throat but this other mare smelled differently. It was a subtle aroma of the midlands, perhaps she was not associated with any of the herds but rather an outcast. It wasn't as if the information truly mattered to him but he would be sure to keep it in mind should they ever meet again. Not letting his guard drop around the supposed thief he turned his attention back to the pretty pegasus mare otherwise known as Vu.

"A pleasure to meet you Vu, Rift." Nodding his greeting to both now formally he tried to still include the other equine in the conversation, not that she was making it easy when she refused to speak. " I simply would like to offer you and anyone else who might be interested a safe place to rest and recuperate. The Hidden Falls is a wondrous place and it is the closest herd to the threshold. You may even call it home should you wish to stay longer. Either way we should decide soon as with darkness comes danger, we should all get somewhere safe."

Ciceron Speaks
Kiara Speaks
Silent Speech

Image Credit
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris
RIFT

Her voice was a soothing balm to the stallion's tattered heart, putting him at ease and allowing his chest to unclench. Jeweled eyes roved his youngest sisters' face, noting the habitual neutrality that she wore like a second skin. She had grown, that much was easy to discern, but there was also a sort of subtle elegance that rolled from her slim form in nearly tangible waves; where had she learned to be such a Lady? What adventures had she been privy to while he had been away?

A small laugh escaped his lips at the thought of all of the stories yet to be shared and all the memories that they had yet to make.

At the sound of the unicorn stag's voice, Rift tore his gaze from Vu. The scarlet stallion must have missed the horned brute's introduction and made a mental note to ask his name at a later date. Brows lifting, the gangly Pegasus listened carefully as the grey spoke of the Hidden Falls and of the asylum that could be offered there. Rift nodded his head absently, the idea of being welcomed into Brisa's homeland sparking his curiosity.

Shifting his attention back to his sister, the sun kissed gent made to press his nose to her cheek in a silent question; he would go wherever her heart wanted to go and he would make himself useful regardless.

@Vu
@Colt
@Ciceron

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY
Orithia has been sucking out all of my muse and throwing it at tembovu and thranduil
All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo