the Rift

[OPEN] Brace Yourself.. the flies are coming.

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
O u l t i k
On the wrong side of heaven
and the righteous side of Hell
Oultik's tail twitched in the newly grown grass. Around where his tail rested the grasses lay flat. The man did not like bugs. The early comers of Birdsong made his skin crawl as they trekked brazenly across him. A leonine tail was not well suited for swatting the miserable pests away. Anger towards the oncoming seasons where insects would thrive made Oultik stand motionless, besides an occasional cracked eyelid. Protective as ever he kept careful watch on Erakro. Should he allow himself to move about he feared that he may vent his anger in an unbecoming manner. Frostfall was his beloved season and upon entering Helovia his enjoyment of it had been ruined; magic gone, robbed of his dragon. His ears rested against his head in obvious display of annoyance. Oultik stood in the middle of the Heavenly Fields, a bitter mar on the sweetness of the wind tossed field.

A particularly vicious horse fly, especially for so early in the year, bit into his skin making him squeal in anger. Have they not a thing better to do? Erakro looked up at him with wide eyes. At first Oultik answered her concern with only the sound of his hooves stomping. "It is the bugs." Stepping back he admired the marks that his cloven hooves dug into the ground. Oultik then closed his eyes once more, stretching his neck out to soak in more of the sun. There has to be something worthwhile in these seasons, he thought and for most stallions there was. Soon the mares would be coming into heat. But Oultik had never had the time for that particular activity.

"It would take more than a fly, so quit looking at me as though I may drop dead." The stallion slitted one eye open, returning his attention to Erakro. "I can feel you looking." For all of the concern that Erakro had she was a part of the reason that the flies were so drawn to the area. "If you have time to devote to such staring then surely you could find a productive activity. Yes?" He watched with unhidden amusement as she moved her attention to scrambling about to run the minuscule, winged, beasts off. She carried a pout on her features after seeing her father's expression. Why did he not take her efforts seriously? In Erakro's head she was a true huntress now. Helovia's finest.

Not far from them rested the corpse of a bird she had halfway eaten. The man could not help but smile at a feather that poked from out of the mouth of the cub, wedged between her teeth; it fluttered with every leap she took. It had been a simple catch, the bird had been weakened by the passing Frostfall but still his girl had caught fresh prey on her own. No scavenging! No chasing a fox from their catch as they had done the day before! The swelling pride of a father overwhelmed Oultik and became a mood that even the irritating flies could not dampen.

[Image: oultikforprofile_by_tierren-d9wxebs.png]

Coding by Tamme
Art by Ysval
[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

The dappled doe had managed to lose Arah among the chaos of the winter and the excitement of meeting her brother once again after going for so long without seeing him. She had at first stumbled into the Threshold, following Tuppence in the hopes that she could reprimand her for losing Carlisle’s bones, but when she managed to get here her attention had been taken elsewhere. Her compass which had once pointed in the general direction of her siblings was nonfunctional anymore, a sadness that Aelf began to realize more as she often gazed upon the limp arrow as gravity dragged it down.

But as her ivory head watched the ground, she began to notice the grasses that poked up between melting ice and snow as temperatures began to rise. She knew that spring was already approaching, and with it, her birthday. She stood taller than most mares she had met, although her family seemed to carry the genes in height. Standing at a whopping 16 hands, she often did her best to try and stay stoic and small despite her height. Her antlers, a charcoal coloring seemed stark in contrast to her pale face and white tree marking that ran over her rump. Although her bright green eyes managed to take in anything and everything at once, hoping to commit the sight to memory. She bore cloven hooves just like Tilney, but seemed nearly opposite from him. Where his presence was warm matched with his caramel coloring – Aelf’s was cheerful with a darker sense. She could be cynical when she wanted to, but she still enjoyed her happiness. Though her monotone pelt seemed to do nothing in the ways of making the air around her seem anything but the same warmth that Tilney carried with him.

She had fond memories of her brother, but they all seemed to swim away as the scent of blood caught the doe’s attention. She wasn’t really sure where she was, but it seemed a higher elevation with a variety of grasses and trees. It seemed lovely to her, and yet the smell of blood only intrigued her more. She picked up her pace, letting her emerald gaze dance across the horizon line in search of the cause of the smell. Perhaps someone needed help? She wouldn’t mind helping someone, perhaps meeting someone here that could tell her where the Edge was. She was sure she wouldn’t be able to find it on her own, because even if she did she wouldn’t begin to know if it was the right place.

Spotting a shadow off in the distance, Aelfwine tucked her head against her neck briefly, making sure that the compass was still safely guarded against her breast. Yet as she approached the figure, she unraveled herself, her massive rack of horns heavy upon her head now sat evenly as her head lifted with a smile placed upon a darkening muzzle. “Hello!” She called out to the creature, unsure what to expect. She wasn’t scared, though. She hadn’t really a reason to be frightened of anyone here yet. As far as she knew, she was safe in Helovia. Surely there couldn’t be anyone bad here if Tilney was here!

As the creature came into focus more for her, she could tell he was a stallion, and a rather large one at that. He carried a rather muted color that she did as well, and those spots that resigned on his rump were distracting to her in their own rather beautiful way. But as her gaze found her face, the white lines that fell across his eye brought a smile further to her face. How exotic, and how handsome. Aelfwine wasn’t picky, really, when it came to looks. She found nearly anything beautiful, and she would admire creatures for being such. Dipping her head to the stallion, she was completely oblivious to the cub that ran around. “I hope I’m not intruding.” Her voice chimed to him, her posture relaxing ever so slightly as the cub began to take her attention with the movement. Her gaze travelled over to the feline, eyes wide with wonder. What even was that thing? "Oh how beautiful!" She exclaimed, watching the cub. It moved with grace and wonder and Aelf found herself admiring more that originally planned in this strange place.

"Talk!"

Art by Neverrmind @ DA

Feeling kind of rusty, sorry if it doesnt make sense in some spots! @Oultik

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
O u l t i k
On the wrong side of heaven
and the righteous side of Hell
“Hello!” “I hope I’m not intruding.” Oultik responded bluntly, "As do I." He was not a man to curtsey around the troublesome expectations of small talk. Someone was worth his time or they were not. Words said without being meant were waisted breath. The mare would be intruder or not. She would have to determine that herself.

"Oh how beautiful!" Oultik stiffened, thinking that she was referring to him. He had been called many things, most recently a 'miserable bastard', but beautiful? That would be a first. It left him unsure what to say. The stallion, usually guarded, looked to the mare with utter confusion. His lips parted and his brows furrowed. Once.. twice.. he tried to put to voice a response in the end only shaking his head. While doing so he caught and followed her eye. Oultik followed her gaze straight to Erakro. His flash of a smile was followed by the rumble of laughter as he came to understand.

"She is Erakro. My daughter, though obviously not by blood," Oultik's lips twitched under the pressure of a bad joke, "She lacks the family stripes." Having delivered the punchline he allowed his lips to curve into his dashingly straight smile. Oultik had warmed to the mare after she complimented his cub. Should she run him through with her antlers he would still not find her to be an intruder, not now. This woman was the first to appreciate Erakro for what she was, for what she would become. Oultik's expression darkened at the memory of the pegasi who thought the lion cub to be a cast off.

Erakro, too devoted to her bonded, resisted her curiosity and how it called for her to meet the mare. Instead she focused on stalking the pesky flies. She would pounce in one direction and the swarm would simply move in the opposite direction. Trying a new tactic the cub opted to use stealth rather than simply charging into battle. Ducked behind some higher grasses she wiggled her butt in the air preparing her balance. Her head moved forward to get a better view of her prey through the grasses. Her eyes narrowed on her specific targets. The cub leapt! Lifting her paws she found two flies she had taken off guard. They had been crushed by her pounce. Proud she plucked them up in her mouth and trotted over to drop the first at the antlered mare's hooves and the other at Oultik's.

Erakro liked the nice woman, as she walked to drop off her father's fly she looked back towards her and gave a long affectionate blink. After turning towards Oultik again the cub ran the short distance between them. She dropped his fly at his striped hooves, looking up at him through her lashes the entire time. Pride lit her face; she was rather formal in presenting the dead insects. Oultik had a hard time keeping a straight face. "You did well." Around the cub he was a different man; warmer and gentler.

[Image: oultikforprofile_by_tierren-d9wxebs.png]

Coding by Tamme
Art by Ysval

@Aelfwine I am the worst! I thought that I had replied to this.
[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

She is Erakro. My daughter, though obviously not by blood. She lacks the family stripes.” A smile broke across the doe’s lips. Dipping her crown to the stallion, her gaze travelled over to him noticing the stripes he spoke of. “I’d be impressed if she were blood related.” She feigned a wink to him with the slightest giggle escaping her pale lips. However, her attention was caught again by the feline – now known to be Erakro – as she pounced and ran around the insects. “Erakro. A lovely name. And what do I call you?” She questioned, tilting her head in wonder as her green eyes stayed on the cub. She watched as the cub leapt into the air, crashing down into the earth with the prey she had sought. Her emerald eyes watched with a sparkle of excitement for the cub as she trotted over to meet the dappled doe.

Aelfwine dipped her head to the cub, great ashen antlers lowering in a greeting as opposed to being taken aggressively. “Thank you!” She chimed to the cub, watching her trot proudly over to her father. Aelf lowered her head even further to the now smashed insect, inspecting it with happiness, trying to catch the cubs eye – and even perhaps the stallion’s eye – with a sparkling gleam of thankfulness; as if it were the best thing she had been given in her life. It wasn’t, though, but the cub didn’t need to know that. She just needed the prideful boost that every creature deserved.

Lifting her head back to her normal stance, she flicked her ebony tail across the frosty earth. Her gaze seeking out the stallion’s. “She’s a great hunter. How long has she been practicing?” She questioned, tilting her head a tiny bit once more. She hadn’t personally been friends with creatures that preyed on others, but she had witnessed their motives on her adventures. She was quite adventurous, and she often spent time watching other creatures and learning how they went about their lives. Yet, friending one was beyond the young doe’s comprehension. It would be a wonder how she feels when she finds out what exactly companions are.

Her smile never faltered as she looked to the striped man. She wasn’t much shorter than he was, at least not for most mares she had met. Something she was slightly proud of – the height of her family. She was more proud of the tree marking that lined her rump – a sign of all those that came from her father. She shifted her weight, relaxing entirely in the Erakro and the unnamed stallion’s presence, until a thought struck her. Her lips moved gently into a slight frown. “Oh, where are my manners? I’m Aelfwine.” She resulted in a small smile, proud of herself for not forgetting at least that amount of information.

"Talk!"

Art by Neverrmind @ DA

@Oultik

AH I THOUGHT I REPLIED TOO :|