the Rift

Through the Looking Glass

Daetiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Excitement crashed through my frame like a tidal wave as striped hooves pulled my body closer to the only entrance reachable by land of the magical lands called Helovia. I had heard much of these mysterious parts for Oultik before he left us in search of whatever it was that was here. And now, here I was, based on the occasional asking of directions from strangers in passing I was heading in the right direction, the jade crescent bouncing on my chest with each step that took me closer to the spotted bay that had given my life purpose again once the pegasi had taken everything from us.

Black ears flicked back into the travel tangled tresses as I thought of the winged beasts that had ruined everything, but it didn't take long for a sick smile to spread my naturally pretty features, they would all pay one day. For now though, the main mission had been set to the side as I went in search of our esteemed leader. His adventure was nothing new, the spotted stallion seemed to enjoy wandering, but the fact that he hadn't returned yet to us caused a spark of worry to be fanned into a flame. Surely something had happened that stopped him from returning to me and his band of merry men now, I was going to figure out exactly what it was. 

A sharp gust of air blew through my molted nostrils as I took the final step into the overgrown threshold, the well worn path a good sign that I had found the right place. As soon as the forth striped hoof stepped down onto the snow laden pathway, a sensation of loss twisted and turned through my two toned frame, as if something that was so interwoven into my system had been left behind. Panicking for a moment I looked over my shoulder to see a translucent cloud of jade green fade into nothingness. A garbled cry escaped from my vocal chords as I turned back in a feeble efforts to take back what had been snatched from me upon the arrival to Helovia. What happened to these parts being magical?

Even though my joy had been taken from me, I couldn't stop here. Oultik was clearly stuck in these magicless lands and I had to rescue him. Taking in a deep breath, I turned away from where my magic had just been and walked deeper into the snowy landscape of Helovia. 

"Speech"

daetiin

@tag
feel free to join~

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

When the last of this wintery weather passed it would be a good thing for all of those inhabiting helovia. For the silver stallion he really hated the cold weather with a passion. Most of the time he was either stuck out on patrols or stuck out doing something else in the unpleasant cold. Kiara was much better off than he was with her thick fur coat but as for him the wind still seemed to sneak through chilling him to the bone. Being who he was you would never hear him complain out loud about such little issues but that didn't mean that Kiara didn't get a earful every now and again. Today was no different as they headed out in search of any newcomers before they to froze to death out in the threshold.

Ducking down underneath the low hanging branches there was a slight warmth to the area compared to out in the open, just enough to feel comfortable. Shaking the snow from his back and dusting himself off the silver warrior headed down the trail keeping his eyes peeled for any signs of life with Kiara bounding along in front. Her senses were much sharper than his own so when it came to finding people she was the expert and he was willing to take a back seat and just casually look around for any obvious changes.

After what seemed like an hour or so walking the scent of another hit his nostrils drawing his steps to a stop as he raised his head. Scanning the undergrowth he nearly missed the mare for her colours seemed to almost blend with the scenery rendering her virtually invisible upon first glance. Whickering softly to catch her attention he casually strolled over in her direction with Kiara swatting playfully at his heels making fun of his inability to pick out simple changes. "Hello miss." He greeted dipping his head forward in a slight bow. "What brings you out here all alone?"

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Daetiin •• NOTES: Sorry for the horrible post ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered

I noticed the silver steed and the deadly feline that paced at his side long before his eyes settled upon my contrasted coat. If it hadn't been for the stench of death that rolled off of the striped cat in waves, I probably would have been just as oblivious as he seemed to be for their steps were as silent as those of only the best trained warriors. Mildly impressed, my emeralds watched as they drew closer to me before the wind changed and brought my sent crashing to their delicate nostrils rather than infiltrating my own with theirs.

Finally his eyes met mine, a soft nicker reaching my eardrums as the stallion made his presence known. Valiant effort warrior, but you were downwind. I mused internally as a gracefully polite smile tugged at the corners of my molted lips and spiraled tiara dipped low in recognition of the pair standing before me. "Hello miss." His deep voice broke the dead silence of winter as his own crowned skull dipped in a greeting, only then did my emeralds break away from his battle scarred frame long enough to glance in the direction of his deadly companion. "What brings you out here all alone?" Here was the part where a normal damsel would spin some kind of romantic story as to why she was all alone and needed a big, strong man such as himself to keep her safe and warm at night. Especially during winter's cruel grasp.

Unfortunately for this poor knight in shining armor, he hadn't stumbled across a damsel in distress on this chilly night. Rather a vagabond mare who belonged in every sense of the word to another and my loyalty rested happily with our band of merry men. Travel tangled dreads smacked across my spotted hips as my emeralds pulled away from our winter wonderland to settle easily upon his moony features once again, an easy smirk tugging at a single corner of my molted lips before finally allowing my vocal chords to spring into action.

"The concern is appreciated warrior." I purred, my voice rich as the darkest chocolate as if it was used to conversation and not just hanging out in my cave playing with my precious gemstones. "But, it doesn't seem like I am alone any longer." A coy smile teased my features as my weight shifted back onto strong hind limbs, relaxing ever so slightly while feebly attempting this thing called socializing. Perhaps my knight in shining armor knew where Oultik was and could lead me to him so I could save him from this magicless wasteland.

"Speech"

daetiin

@Ciceron
hope this is okay

Stopping a couple steps away from the mottled girl the first thing that caught his eye were the mare's striking green eyes as they sized him up. Naturally this was the first thing that most did upon meeting a stranger but regardless a gesture worthwhile. Allowing his own to slip delicately over her sturdy frame he rather liked her coat and the way all the colours seemed to blend so seamlessly to produce such a pretty specimen. While other stallions might take the chance to drool a little over such a pretty little thing his pride kept him from stooping to that level. Women were to be treated with respect and dignity not like a piece of scrap thrown to the wolves. If he needed to remember anything from his childhood this would be the one thing that would always stay with him for the rest of his life. No way would be become his father in any way shape or form.

A smirk crosses his face as the maiden speaks in tones so sweet it could easily enchant whatever beast was left unaware of its dangers. He had been a sucker to this game once but never again, not after his heart had been left shattered and beaten. No that had been a very dark time and he was unwilling to fall back into that trap once more. Feeling Kiara's agreement only helped to solidify this concept into his brain when various parts were not thinking of what should be done. "You would be correct in saying so." He replied smoothly with a hint of his own playfulness. "Surely there has to be something I can help you with. A place to rest perhaps? A homeland to call your own or even a tour guide?"

Letting his words sink in for a moment or two the silver stud continued realizing he had clearly forgotten his manners. "My name is Ciceron and this is Kiara. What may I call you by miss?"

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Daetiin •• NOTES: ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered

I could almost feel his eyes running across my body, but something about their gentle caress felt different than the lusty devouring that most participated in. Even my own exploring was done merely out of curiosity rather than a less than virginal manner, I was more drawn by the scars that littered his moon hued pelt than I was by the way his thick muscles bulged with well use beneath his flesh. Maybe one day I would be able to coax him into sharing war stories with me, and maybe I would feel obliged to spin him the stories of the mercenaries and the horror we brought upon the winged folk.

"You would be correct in saying so. Surely there has to be something I can help you with. A place to rest perhaps?  A homeland to call your own or even a tour guide?" Surprise flickered deep within me as my possibly flirtatious ways had just rolled off of the silver knight so easily, either he had been burned and his heart was now as black as a wasted coal. Or he was happily taken in some kind of monogamous relationship and my lack of shame was wasted on him, regardless of the case I was nearly happy that I didn't have to keep up the weak feminine act around this welcoming committee.  My twisted tiara dipped as a smile crept across my spotted features, much easier to act as if being social was something easy to me when the stranger was as well versed as the one who stood before me, gentle lyrics slid forward once more into the brisk winter air as I watched the cloud of steam from my parted lips disappear into thin air once again.

"I come to Helovia in search of a stallion named Oultik. But, travel has left me weary, a place to rest for a while...likely until I am able to find him, would be very welcomed." In all of my determination to find the spotted stallion, I had almost forgotten that sleep was something needed to survive and continue moving. That was until this kind stranger had spoken up and suddenly a wave of exhaustion crashed over my travel weary frame, making my painted lids to grow heavy with sleep and my limbs to suddenly feel much heavier than I knew them to be. But, I had to stay awake for at least a little longer until we went to wherever it was that he deemed safe enough for me to rest. "My name is Ciceron and this is Kiara. What may I call you by miss?"

His voice brought life back into my eyes for a moment, pulling the exhaustion back into the cave I had it locked away in the first place. "Ciceron, a strong name fitting of you warrior. And a name fitting of a Queen dear Kiara." I offered a smile towards both the stallion, and then the striped feline before speaking up once again to offer my own introduction. "I am Daetiin, currently bonded to none." Hesitating for a second I wondered what my bond mate would look like when I finally was deserving of one. Emeralds flicked back to the stallion's handsome crowned features, "Tell me, what are these lands of Helovia like?"

"Speech"

daetiin

@Ciceron 
sorry this took me so long

As the filly began to relax visibly it came as a breath of relief to the silver stallion. To say only a few were intimidated by Kiara and himself would be a sad underestimate. He wanted those who needed it to be calm and not walking on egg shells around them. It wasn't as if Kiara would do anything to anyone unless he gave her permission anyway so they needed to relax and just go with the flow. Once they got to know them surely things would not be as bad as they had concocted up in their minds, but he could still understand their worries no matter how insignificant they were for the situation. Yes, be afraid should they ever come across them in a battle or spar but there was no need for it in everyday life.

"I come to Helovia in search of a stallion named Oultik. But, travel has left me weary, a place to rest for a while...likely until I am able to find him, would be very welcomed." Cocking an ear as the soft lyrics caressed his lobes. Oultik... had he ever heard that name before? Nothing seemed to ring a bell so unfortunately he couldn't help the mare with who she was actually searching for, but he could help her with the second. The Falls would make a great place for her to rest and recuperate and it even had the added bonus of being nearby.

"Its our pleasure to meet you Daetiin." He replied with a generous smile and bob to his head. "I will show you the way back to the Hidden Falls so that you can rest and take some time to sight see if you wish. I can also ask around for I have not met this Oultik but surely someone else will know of him." With that he motioned back the direction he had come from and set off walking watching carefully to make sure that he kept pace with his new friend.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Daetiin •• NOTES: I will make a welcoming thread for Dae in the Falls ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo