the Rift

[OPEN] Home is where your rump rests

Fiachra Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3hh :: 5 - Ages at Birdsong HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Gebo
This was the one. She could feel it in her bones. This... This was home. Her new home.

Fiachra edged her way around the perimeter of the small cave, poking her nose into each little crevice and smelling every corner and pebble. Her long purple mane fell across her face, over her eyes and tickling her nose as she huffed in quick breaths. She let out a little snort, but could not help the smile that began to spread across her features. This was the one she could keep, she knew it.

The cave smelled a bit musty, the air stale as a space can get after sitting empty for a time. She flicked her tail through the air, testing her range of movement. The cave was by no means large. It was tall, as it needed to be to accommodate her nearly seventeen hands, but were she to rear up more than a foot or two off the ground, she would still bash her skull on the ceiling. That didn't matter. What need did she have of rearing inside. Homes were from walking, sitting, lying down. Homes were for resting your head at the end of a day, getting the weight off of your weary limbs. The outdoors were for playing and rearing and frolicking.

In dimensions, her new house was maybe two lengths of her body deep and one and a half wide at the back. It was just wide enough to turn herself around easily, and not make her feel claustrophobic. It was small, but not tight. Cozy, she thought, relief and pleasure flooding her system with energy and giving her a bounce to her step. Her hooves clattered in an almost musical rhythm as she explored the space. My space. Her thoughts were sing-song and she felt a cheerful tune bubble up from her throat.

Singing? She was singing. It had been an age since she had felt like partaking in that particular pastime. She had loved singing when she was younger, still a filly. She would prance around the herd, singing the children's songs of the Riy, or simply making her own up, as she did now. Fiachra paused in the dead center of her cave and looked around, bobbing her head in time to the harmony she hummed. She would need things to fill her cave. Bedding, at the very least. A trough of some sort for water, perhaps. And she was rather hungry, after her long search for the perfect place.

But at last, after such a long time, she was home again. She could finally, finally, rest.

"Talk."
Home, where I wanted to go,
And nothing else compares.
image credits

Anyone who wants to join is welcome! Housewarming party for sweet Fia, anybody? Tagging a few who she has noticed from a distance, met, or who I'd love for her to meet. No obligation, just an invitation. <3 @Rexanna @Zahra @Johnny @Albrecht @Hotaru @Zandora And anyone else who wants to meet the pretty lady. ^_^
Stock Credits

Please tag Fiachra in first posts only!
Minor force is fine, but please ask before inflicting lasting damage, etc.

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
A sound is drifting on the frigid air, not the usual harshness of confrontation so often heard within the Basin’s walls, but a softer, happier noise. Black ears flick forward in interest, noting the high, melodic tone – a mare? And one he hasn’t met yet, if her speaking voice is anything like her singing voice. The old stallion knows Tangere, Rexanna, and even Tiamat well enough to recognize their vocals, so he rules them out immediately as the responsible party. He just can’t picture any of the Amazonian warriors of the herd with a soprano pitch (and doubts that the poison tongued General would even speak to a lover with anything but brusque dismissal), so perhaps the caroler is one of the healers or rapidly multiplying youths. Someone new, at least to him.

It’s not surprising that there are names and faces he has yet to meet in residence, despite his time with the herd. Their guarded entrance and secluded caverns, not to mention the reputation, make it more surprising that the valley would house someone cheerful enough to do a thing like sing at all, let alone loud enough for others to hear. But then again, there are a few who brave the Basin’s sourness despite themselves: the candy-coated Weaver for one.

Dwelling absently, he lets his ears lead him along, the slish and slush of his hooves along the dirty, trodden snow adding a quiet backing track to the mares sweet song that silences suddenly as he comes to the threshold of a small cavern, the music billowing out from within. He may be old and crass, but he’s not stupid enough to place a hoof in someone else’s home when those someones tend to be just as bad tempered and far more physically able than he. For now he'll wait, at least until she falls out of tune.

OOC // Hey der.

@Fiachra

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

what we used to have is black and burned

Just as the gentle, pleasant vocals had attracted Albrecht's ears, so had the singing managed to reach the pricked listeners of a hellish white creature slinking through the snow. Narrow snout lifts to scent the air briefly, hell black eyes scouring a horizon that betrays nothing. Her superior hearing is a trait she employs for the sake of her sister, head twisting to gaze over her shoulder where Hotaru idly walks behind her. Someone is singing, she murmurs across their bond, playing the strings like a harpist, plucking specific chords to invite the correct response from her beloved. Bicolored eyes lift to meet bottomless black. At first there is an indifference to her expression - why should Hotaru care that one of her flock is singing? But Alice knows she needs this, this association with her people. She deserved their love and acknowledgement, and though Hotaru would never admit it to herself, Alice knew she needed it. Especially in that moment, with Tingal haunting the edges of her vision and the memory of Ashamin's words and Thranduil's retreating back. 

Come, sister. Just for a moment.

Alice has always cared for her beloved. She always will. But her hand has been forced to gentle after the trauma her Queen has endured in the past season. Hotaru can play the perfect facade to any around her, but her soul cannot lie to Alice. She sees the fissures and fault lines, and she knows that one well placed strike would cause her sister to crumble. It is her job to prevent that from happening. Nothing would break her beloved while she was around, and she would kill anybody who stood in the way of her methodical healing process. 

Still, Hotaru pauses. Alice doesn't know the singer, which means Hotaru does not either, for where one is found the other is not far behind. The hound tilts her head to the skies, scents the air, desperate for some sort of card to play against the Lady to intrigue her long enough for this to work. The stallion from the meeting is there, she points out, withholding the smug feeling welling in her chest. She knows Hotaru is interested in the crass stallion, and sure enough, the rose maiden's ears perk and her steps wander closer to Alice. "Very well then, let's go visit." Her voice is soft, and there is no need for the words to be spoken aloud, but Alice considers it a win nonetheless. 

- - -

As they approach, Hotaru's eyes are first drawn to Albrecht before finally sliding over into the depths of the shadowed cavern where the brightly colored maiden sings her song. The beautiful Lady strides forward, golden starlight tail flickering idly at her hocks as she sidles up to Albrecht, a sly glance of her eyes and a smirk of her lips engaging him quietly. "Care to dance?" she teases, momentarily shifting about in a makeshift dance to the tune of the woman within. Flicking her ears she calls into the cavern, unbothered by her own disruption unlike Albrecht, who for once seemed rather polite to leave this moment to the unknown mare. "What is the cause for celebration?" It echoed faintly at the mouth of the cave, but Hotaru as well would not dare to step within. For the sake of privacy perhaps, but also because she could not stand to linger within the mouth of one any longer. Not with how trapped she felt as of late.

Well you tagged Hotaru ;D
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Gebo
The lilac-decorated mare had heard the footsteps of another horse before she saw anyone at the mouth of her cave. She decided to keep singing, as no one had yet come to complain about her modestly uplifted voice. She glanced at the mouth the daylight casting a silhouette over a figure paused there, blurring any details she might have seen to recognize the other equine.

She took a step forward, intent on greeting the newcomer to her little abode. Before she could utter any sort of greeting, however, another figure appeared at the entrance of her cave. This one was smaller, daintier. Fiachra's already happy heart swelled all the more for having company join her. What is the cause for celebration, the second figure had asked. A feminine voice, she noted. She stepped towards the two, towards the mouth.

"The celebration is because... of life, I suppose," she offered. A polite and welcoming smile graced her lips as she came closer to the pair. "Because of home, and because of--" The light had balanced out as the cavern opened up into the world and Fiachra's words stuck in her throat. "Uh--," she struggled to find words again as she gazed upon the unicorns that had graced her with their presence.

On one side was the rosy-hued mare from the herd meeting, the one she had assumed was a leader of some kind here in the Basin. The queen of this land, or something of that ilk. On the mare's other side stood the large creature she had also seen at the meeting, the horse with no hair on top, but a thick layer of fur over his chest and belly. Fiachra hesitated a moment, her eagerness to show her respect to her lead mare warring with her childhood-born dear of the stallion who reminded her of the creatures from the Riy who terrorized the skies. Finally, her need to submit overtook her curiosity and apprehension and she dropped to one knee in a low bow to the lady of the Basin.

"My lady," she greeted, her words sending breath across the dust of the cave floor. She turned her gaze downward, but then glanced back up at the strange man standing in front of her. "I am new to the Basin," she offered by way of explanation, more to the mare than him. "I am simply singing for happiness, having finally found a place to once again call home."

"Talk."
image credits

@Albrecht I am so incredibly pleased you guys have decided to join in! Whee! Fiachra comes from a place that very much stands on ceremony. Lords and Ladies are truly royalty and demand the highest respects. <3
Stock Credits

The strawberry Queen approaches, this time clean of blood and of a dramatically different temperament than when the black had seen her last, snapping orders and dragging her rabid subjects to heel by the skin of their necks. Today she teases and cavorts, all the seriousness of her position laid aside. Albrecht watches her openly, noting the ease and smoothness of her prance (no doubt hard won through physical fitness) and mentally tracing the fringes of her pink blush where it drifts and fades across her body. Beautiful, he muses, but he says instead, "I'm afraid these legs have lost their grace, my Lady. I'm more of a dance-with-words kind of guy anymore."

He grins invitingly at the roan, but already she's turning her head to call into the cave and address their musician. The singing drops off abruptly and a figure emerges from the private space, her white splashed rump and opal-esque hooves materializing from the darkness just before the rest of her comes into sight, at least to the stallions failing eyes.

He doesn't remember seeing such a mare during the herd meeting, and he does imagine he'd remember colors and markings like those, but if she stood near the back or remained quiet through the worst of the squabbling he doesn't suppose he would have bothered looking around. She fumbles over her words for a moment and then drops to one knee ceremonially, raising a brow on the old mans wizened face. He looks to the rose-and-cream incredulously, expecting a quick dismissal of this type of showy ritual, but opts to let the woman accept her honors as she pleases and without his snide remarks.

What is it about the strawberry mare that puts him on his best behavior? He doesn't fear her as he does the Lord Deimos, her mentally and physically depraved partner in authority, but still he finds himself staying quiet when quips pop eagerly to his mind and lips. Perturbed, he glances behind the Queens shapely hips (though not without an appreciative lingering) to where her wolf-like companion rests, an accusation in his expression. Fucking mutts.

@Fiachra

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

what we used to have is black and burned

Sharp jade eyes linger along the crevices of her skin, settling against her like a pleasant fabric weighted down and settling in the ridges of her bones. Her own eyes never received the memo of continuity, one ivory and subtly blue like the sheen inside a shell, the other sea foam green, but they turn and regard the man in turn. A playful crinkle at the edges of her youthful eyes, a sultry twist of her lips. She finds him interesting, this sturdy fellow with his barbed words, no less intimidating in his admirable age. An age seemingly difficult to achieve with the way Helovia stole life away so quickly and efficiently. "Perhaps you could teach me a thing or two, and I you. It's a far more engaging dance," she murmured pleasantly, lids low and catty, eyes intent upon his. She could only dream of the vast knowledge and experiences that lay beneath his cranium, wanted to sink her claws into his wisdom and drag it free for her own gain. 

However it must wait; she will tease her way into his brain and his graces in due time. For now she was drawn here for a reason, and the lyrical music has ceased abruptly, heralding words that bubble effervescently against her ears. A curiously patterned, bright creature wandered from the shifting shadows of the cavern, pupils wide and shrinking sharp beneath the rays of the sun. For a moment the Lady is amused, wonders at what creature came together to create a specimen such as she. At least until she remembers her own abnormally rosen hide, and mentally shrugs. There are some ridiculous character in Helovia, Hotaru is simply used to the understanding that Helovia is a magnet for the odd and obscure. 

Both brows lift in momentary surprise as the words of the maiden choke off and splutter for some reason, dropping into a low subservient bow. Alice feels a thick smog of pride and vanity, already liking this girl for her display of respect and submissiveness towards her Alpha. Hotaru meanwhile soaks in the moment for the briefest of seconds, only to laugh softly and gesture her foreleg loosely towards Fiachra. 

"There's no need for such a display, dear. I am your Lady, not a dictator. You're right this is a time for celebration." Any new lambs to her fold was always a cause for joy. Alice rolls onto her side in a flop of dirt and snow, tongue lolling out between sharp canines, clearly bored and lazy with the proceedings. Whether Hotaru is sincere in her comforts, well...she is familiar with the style she utilizes freely. Deimos is the cold and unfeeling front, and she the welcoming matriarch that contrasts him. They will trust her, and when the time comes they see her fangs, they will trust in her power instead of fearing and resenting her. She had torn the Falls to ashes with the soft lure of her lips, but her lambs and her followers are the few spared. The few loved by the patriotic beauty. 

"Welcome to the Basin," she lilts pleasantly with a glowing, if subdued smile. "What is your name? I am Hotaru, and this is Alice." Icy locks flick around Hotaru's hocks to gesture at the lazing demon beneath her belly, hell black eyes twitching up to Fiachra when Alice's name is spoken. For now she seems harmless, lazing about beneath her bonded. She means it far less than Hotaru however, whose genuine love for her people is stronger than the animalistic, singular tie Alice has to her Alpha. 

Sorry for the wait my laptop is out of commission! @Fiachra and @Albrecht
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Gebo
Fiachra heaved herself back onto all four opaline hooves, taking a moment to blow the dirt from her knee. She tried to beat back a feeling of embarrassment at her automatic display of unnecessary subordination. It was the custom in the Oaken Riy to show respect to your superiors and they easiest way to achieve that was through little exhibitions. Now, the traditions that had been rooted in her since infancy seemed silly, meaningless. Did Helovians not stand on any ceremony?

With a toss of her head, the dark mare flipped her vibrantly purple forelock out of her eyes and gave the pair a smile to match the brightness of her colors. "It is wonderful to meet you, Hotaru," she said, with the purest sincerity. She gazed down at the wolf-like creature between the Lady's legs. "And you, Alice." She eyed the canine, wondering just how tame such a beast might be. She was not yet entirely used to Helovia's companion creatures, wild animals who followed their matched equines about loyally, doubtfully by some magic she figured.

"My name is Fiachra. I am a recently transplant to the great land of Helovia." And so far I have loved everything I have seen, she thinks to herself, but she doesn't say that out loud for fear of sounding childish. She looked to the dark and rusty stud next, waiting expectantly for him to give a name. "Do you have a title to go by, then?" she asked, her lips still pulling back into a contented smile, despite her discomfort of the strange-looking stallion.

"Talk."
image credits

@Albrecht Sorry it's crap... I'm having a hard time writing right now. :/
Stock Credits

The Lady’s gaze is focused, intense, but not overtly threatening. She’s pleasant and engaging, teasing, as the majority of Helovia’s mares seem to be, but his minds eye can’t erase the splash of blood from her face and her chest and he knows that no gentle heart would dare stand equal to the Reaper. She’s an actor, like him, only better and undoubtedly to a more serious end. Still though, if it’s the beguiler she plays today he’ll gladly move to where her rosy strings command, lest he land on the wrong side of her (undoubtedly weighted) coin.

“Consider the offer accepted.” He rumbles, dipping his nose very slightly and cocking his scruffily bearded head to eye the oddly colored wolf again. It's sprawled between the Lady's legs (Oh, to be so lucky), putting on an unconvincing display of harmlessness. Alice, apparently, though naming the beast and giving it a personality does nothing for his own perceptions. He tunes back into the conversation at the sound of another name, Fiachra, and the slight lift in tone at the end of a sentence that signals a question.

“Ohhoh, yes.” He chuckles, already silently reciting the list of colorful adjectives and endless expletives used to denote his particular character flaws. “I have many titles, none of them endearing and none of them incorrect in the slightest." Green eyes flicker toward the roan with a knowing and unapologetic gleam, before landing on the violet-haired again and winking conspiratorially. "But I’ll let you form your own opinions for now. Albrecht is what they call me when they’re least annoyed.” Which isn't very often, truth be told, so the pair in front of him should be damned well honored that they've caught him in such a gracious mood.

OOC // @Hotaru @Fiachra Number Sixty-Ninnnnnnnne xD

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC