the Rift

[OPEN] Learning about stuff [Lesson]

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

It was about damn time something interesting happened around here. It was the honest to goddess thought that flew through Erthë's mind as she received the summons to attend a lesson, but she chose - wisely perhaps - to not speak it out loud. Though Alune was kind and gentle most of the time she thought he could be weird at times, strict about the strangest things and hardly lifting a brow at others. She liked him a lot, but there was something about his seriousness and tranquil serenity that made it hard to talk about certain things in his presence.

Maybe today would bring about a change in that.

With no idea what to expect but oddly excited none the less, Erthë traipsed happily along to the designated meeting place and arrived early, well ahead of the appointed time. Why they had to meed at night was beyond her, and she could not really see the need for the large clearing where moonlight cascaded down from a clear sky. Not understanding did not mean she couldn't appreciate it however; she was content to settle down amidst the swirling mist and listen to the soft night breeze as it rattled through the barren branches of the trees. The silvery light from above lent both creeping fog and her curving horns a ghostly glow, and if she squinted slightly Erthë thought she could see figures take form in the corners of her eyes, skipping and swaying creatures of the night that came to watch the lonely girl, so silly to be awake at this hour.

Erthë didn't mind. If they were actually there, or even if they did not exist - if they were but a figment of her imagination summoned by the magical night of a full moon - it did not matter. She was perfectly at ease amidst shadows and the looming trees, secure in the firm belief that nothing evil would ever be able to reach her there, under her Lady's watchful eye.

She waited, but she did not have to be alone for long. Others approached through the mist, and as they joined her she turned and offered a smile, eager and with curiosity blazing in pale, softly gleaming eyes.

"Oh, hi! Is it about time now? Looks like I was a bit early..."

Erthë
and my knees are shaking - - and my dreams are breaking - - but i know i live today

bg || image || table

@Dacianna
@Tiva
@Alune

She is addressing whomever replies first x3 Left it vague as I didn't know who it might be.

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Tiva Posts: 26
Up For Adoption atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 3:: Frostfall HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Blue feathers swayed softly in her antlers as the mare danced slowly through the misty lands. She enjoyed the mysterious lands more than she had ever enjoyed another place. Steel eyes flashed gleefully as she swayed through the swirling mist. Life had been fairly dull hanging out in the same place all the time, even if all of the stags running around. Tiva had kept to herself exploring her home. She wanted to learn every inch of the misty evergreens that she called home. Now she was on a mission to learn about the positions within the herd. For the first time in her life the dancer felt the need to help out the others that lived with her.

Humming softly she made her way through the land towards the meeting spot. Solid eyes found the body of a young white and sky blue mare. A warm smile spread over her dainty face as she made her way into the clearing. The girl's voice was warm and excited mirroring her own emotions. "You weren't that early dear." She smiled brightly and stepped closer curiously. "Forgive me, I haven't met very many of the equines here; I'm Tiva." Her pretty antlered head nodded slightly, not really out of respect but just in greeting. "I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited to learn more about everything here!" Her voice was full of laughter and excitement.

Pupils eyes roved over the dense trees for a moment before turning her attention back to the shorter girl. "How long have you lived here dear?" Her head cocked slightly sending the beads and feathers swirling in the slight breeze. She always enjoyed the way the blue beads clinked together when she moved. Tossing her head she flipped her wild braided mane over her neck enjoying the way the cool air hit her warm neck. She might not be the most social of creatures, but it was nice to speak to someone besides the Earth. "How many others are coming today?" She smiled softly as she watched the youngster wondering where her mother was. Sure she had left home at a young age as well, but it was still odd to see someone so young alone in a herd.
image credits | table by wanda

Speech
Words| 374
Tags|
Notes|
[Image: _pixel___commission__tiva_by_poolpaw-d8e0uyy.png][Image: silverdreamermist2_by_cantatus_promise-d8ja232.gif]
Please Tag

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
Swept out of sight, rolling up on an ocean,
Let's cut all the ropes and get lost in the moment

Dacianna had never had an organised lesson before. Previous lives had taught her to dig holes and how to hide from scary monsters, but nothing really along the lines of Gods and magic. The elderly had always liked to tell tales of grand fantasies with flamboyant magic and gallant heroes, she had fallen in love with many of those heroes in fact, but they were just stories. They weren't real. Not like here. 

Nervousness and excitement bubbled in her chest, a common occurrence since arriving in Helovia as she tried to navigate through her new life and understand the brand new world that had been thrust at her feet. The roan even had magic, she knew it turned her hair white and she couldn’t control it, but she didn’t know why she had it or anything else about it really. Always it didn’t seem to matter, half the time she never even noticed the change and it wasn’t like it was useful, like Alysanne and her healing powers. That was what she wanted to know more about. 

Who were these Gods also, the Earth and the Moon she had seen, but who were they? Her eyes drifted to the full moon above as she thought of that mysterious meeting. That one. Her God. She wanted to know more about the lunar immortal who was patron to their herd and even more so, if she was to serve as her priest.

With quiet ease, she moved through the night, heading towards the meeting spot where she noticed two others already waiting and she fell to a halt next to them. “Erthë” she smiled to the young girl whom she recognised first, glad to see someone familiar even if she hadn’t yet gotten to know her very well. When her gaze turned on the other, Dacianna found she didn’t recognise the spotted mare, but offered the same gentle smile to her also “I’m Dacianna, or Daci, if you prefer” she introduced to the pretty unicorn who called herself, Tiva.

As she fell silent amongst her classmates, she listened to the conversation in peace and enjoyed the sense of comfort. Now and then she still felt like the odd mare, the one back of the room nobody really talked to or knew about. It was the kind of animosity that came with starting life again in a new place, a process that took time and the gaining of trust. Yet, waiting here for a lesson with two others who were looking to learn about the same interests, made her feel a little less like a stranger and more like a horse of the Edge.

“I too would like to know more” she eventually added with a wistful sigh “since being saved from the Rift I’ve got more questions than answers” she admitted with a quiet snort.

Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me