[OPEN] Electric Shocks and Ticking Clocks

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Will the landslide bring you down?

Time to go.

Dacianna stepped around the ruins of the glass wall and out into the wilderness, this time following the land northwards and towards the snow-capped mountains. Uneasiness followed from her anxiety, she had very little grasp of the new home she had been gifted and even less idea on how herds, other than the one she lived in, worked. What if her runaway mouth managed to insult them? She was only a rookie Philosopher surely she couldn’t do that much wrong… she hoped. Yet, her mind kept running through various catastrophic situations and the feeling of dread festered in her chest, if it went wrong then it was all her fault. The Riftian they should never have let into Helovia, never mind the safety of their herds, had managed to fuck everything up. Her track record so far wasn’t spectacular, whilst not really erring towards catastrophe and instead was just a train wreck of awkward conversations. Dacianna had thought she was a good converser; perhaps all those years of isolation in the Rift had robbed her of the mundane social skills needed to get by day to day without angering someone. The ’what ifs’ made her ill. She was only going to find out about how the lore of other herds worked, it wasn’t like she was trying to negotiate a peace deal in the middle of a war with lives at stake and land to lose. Sometimes she worried for little to no reason and today was no exception.

She wondered if the pretty girl whom she had been given the task alongside at the meeting was following along too. “Hey you there?” she called, hoping the spotted mare was so she didn’t have to go into the Basin alone “you’re a Philosopher too, right?” she poked the flames of conversation. Before, her role had been manual labour, she mined mountains for their gold, but now her job required more brainwork and Dacianna happily left the physical duties behind. She wondered what had made this mare take up the profession too? Perhaps it was the alluring Moon God, whom she had seen all too briefly having a conversation with that speck of a stallion and she still couldn’t believe he also lived in the Worlds Edge.

For most of the long journey, Dacianna travelled at a brisk walk that slowed somewhat once she reached the blinding white wastes and the blasts of cold wind. She loved mountains, but these were unforgiving peaks that didn’t look like the vibrant green she had once been used to, perhaps in Tallsun they would look more familiar. The biting cold turned the monochrome shades of her mane to a brilliant white and left only the precious gold strands to tickle it with colour.

After what felt like an age wandering through the snow-riddled wilds, Dacianna came across a narrow entrance and felt her heart skip a beat. Perhaps this was the Aurora Basin! She carefully made her way down the path until her golden gaze came across a giant horse machine and she slammed to a halt. The roan snorted at the structure and wondered if she should go past it or wait next to it. Perhaps this, like the glass wall ruins, was a rather abstract border. She decided she would wait a while before trying to continue further.

"Anyone here?" she called.

art credit

@Myrrine
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

Well shit.

I knew the feeling, I knew what I was facing yet again. Pregnancy.. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, I mean you fuck around without protection, and eventually it's bound to happen. At least I got a few good runs in before I came down with child yet again. I mean, that last time with Caleb? It was good. Then with the great gray beast.... Well, he was big and rough, but I couldn't control him, and it wasn't nearly as sensuous. It was rather primal, controlled by the straight desire to just go for it.

But this didn't stop my duties from being done. Oh no. Despite the swelling in my belly, I still managed to get around and exercise, yell at some puny maggot like soldiers, and go about my day like I wasn't pregnant at all. I was pretty awesome like that.

But, as I go along my day, something out of the ordinary happens. We have guests at our entrance. Duty calls, and my body stretches up tall to greet the callers. I approach the entrance and emerge, tense and ready for action. I do not fully emerge from the icy cavern that leads within, instead observing the two mares outside. Once I deem them not too threatening I show myself, but visibly never letting my guard down. My eyes flicker from the spotted girl with wings, then land on the gray with barred legs, a white mane, and horns. She is rather pretty, both are, but she is unique. Something deep down wished we had her here... Then again, maybe that was her mission here? But her friend would have to stay. We couldn't, No, wouldn't take that one.

But then again, maybe this was business, or maybe a trap. The only way to know would be to find out.

"Sialia, Corporal of the Aurora Basin. What is it you seek?" My tone is brisk, and demanding, but not entirely unkind. It was my job to be standoffish. I protected those within our boarders.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Dacianna @Hotaru
Words;;
Notes;; Hope you don't mind me jumping in here! I tagged Hotaru in case this is something important and Brit wants her here for it! :D Also, I'm sorry this is shit.

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She was beginning to show. It was enough to send fear through the just turned woman. Her life had been so short, so full of promise, and before much could be done she had decided to be foolish, to mess around with a man she had just met, and now was going to have a child. She had grown insecure; had locked herself away in her own spot within the Edge to make sure no one would notice. If anyone were to actually look at her, they would assume she was simply putting on weight, perhaps gaining a larger appetite. The mood swings hadn't come in yet, the telltale bulge of child was not too evident as of it, yet for Myrrine it was like a spotlight was on her spotted flank. If anything they managed to hide it a little bit more, hopefully a little longer, so that no one would find out.

Her fellow Philosopher had found her, causing her to jump at her first words. Once realizing what she was asking she smiled, quietly nodding her head and following behind her calmly, trying to not make her presence known. She had been silent the entire journey, something entirely foreign of bubbly Myrrine, yet she was friendly and kind nonetheless. Once they arrived, she was ready to speak and make their presence known, only to find someone had found them before they could find them. She was brisk in her tone, obviously guarded to protect her homelands, and funny enough the creature swelling in her own stomach. Seeing the obvious signs, the butterfly girl mentally flinched; fearing that was how she would look as the baby grew. She wanted this pregnancy to be as low key as possible, not wanting anyone to know except for most likely Mauja. Even telling the father was something she utterly feared. All of this was an internal war within her mind, questions and concerns flooding her mind and threatening to spill over. Taking a deep, gentle breath, she offered the most gentle (albeit very tired) smile, dipping her head ever so graciously to the black beauty, before finally answering her.

" Forgive us Miss Sialia for the intrusion. We're simply here on behalf of the Edge. We were given orders by the King to seek the other herds and to learn about their way of life. My name is Myrrine, it is a pleasure to meet you!" she spoke sweetly, evenly and with a polite expression on her complexion. She let her head lift lightly, to watch her with confidence yet with an air of respect for the woman in her own home. A cool breeze fell upon her wings, causing them to flutter and for her body to slightly shiver. Despite the winter being somewhat cold, it had never been too bad in the Edge. Up North however, where the wind howled and the snow never seemed to cease, the cold was bitter, and quite unwelcoming. It was enough to make Myrrine shiver even through her cloak. She attempted wrapping it better around herself, but it didn't do much.

She looked to her herd mate quietly, pleasantly, wondering if she would have anything to add. She didn't want to do all the talking if the mare wanted a say, but she also had no qualms with simply speaking on behalf of both of them. It all depended on if the mare was alright with them still being here, if she was even willing to tell the story of the Basin, or if they would be sent away as easily as they had been greeted.

OOC: Forgive it for being so bad. I intend on Myrrine trying to grab a cold stone too from around here for her quest if that's alright <3

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Dacianna @Sialia
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Will the landslide bring you down?

Over the journey, Dacianna had learnt very little about Myrrine other than she was as kind as the rest of her new herd that she had met so far. She enjoyed the simple but comforting company as they had journeyed all the way to the Basin and was glad at least there was one other with her who might know a little more about Helovia than she did. The girl was marked in many dark spots and sported a pair of beautiful butterfly wings making Dacianna feel rather plain and, also, marvel at the amount of pegasi she had met. They were once a rarity in her life and now appeared quite common in her reality, but Dacianna never grew less envious of their flying gift whilst she meandered on the ground. Vain jealousy aside, they were being greeted and Dacianna roved her eyes over their receiver with interest.

Sialia, Corporal of the Aurora Basin.

She was dark with a white face and a horn, the same race as Dacianna, but her sides swelled with child and the roan found herself admiring the mare who did her job so dutifully, even amidst her pregnancy.  A mother’s strength was to be held in high regard and not to be dismissed. It was even better that she was a soldier, a Corporal at that, Dacianna was used to stallions being the only military members, but here was different. It made the diplomat feel a little more content with the world.

Myrrine was the one who started the proceedings, her sweet voice explaining the reason they were here, intruding as it were, though Dacianna thought visiting was a better term or perhaps it was better to be polite than correct. She trusted the younger girls judgement on matters that she might be ignorant to.

“Corporal” she greeted courteously, though not quite as sweet as Myrrine, but still refined. “Myrrine speaks the truth, we are scholars of the Edge and ask that you may allow us to study your God and your traditions,” she echoed her herd mates request. It seemed like a reasonable request, though Dacianna had no clue on relations between herds or if these Basiners might furiously covert the life they led in the cold north mountains. Though she was excited to be travelling and learning, Dacianna couldn’t deny the nervousness she felt in the face of these horses who were foreign to her.

“I’m Dacianna, thank you for greeting us” she introduced.

Golden eyes slid to the landscape behind Sialia and Daci wondered what the Aurora Basin looked like beyond what she could see. How did they weather the winter? Were there many places to shelter? The roan remembered living on a mountain quite well; the harsh environment had led to her rather sturdy looking appearance, so it came with no surprise that there were horses living up here and, perhaps, thriving.

“Maybe you have some among you who would like to know of our Goddess and traditions, in exchange for the knowledge we seek,” she elaborated more, bartering stories for stories with an offer to broaden the understanding between herds.

@Sialia :D looking to trade some tales! Might be good for your wise ones if they want to share wisdoms P:
art credit
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me