Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

Blood.

He shuddered.

It fell from his elbows, spilled from the spots on his neck and traced the creases of his face, pouring around the exotic lines that framed his eyes.

Why?

He panted, spitting blood onto the still, reflective surface of this land he didn't know. His reflection rippled, disturbed by the crimson liquid oozing from his body and steadily staining the surrounding water. He furrowed his brow and flicked his gaze away from his reflection; away from the older boy with all of his looks and none of his heart.

A couple months ago he had been nothing but sweet, soft smiles. He deemed that kid naive. Now he was a blood soaked boy, stranded by his own accord, miles and miles away from the only home he had ever known and didn't care to go back to yet.

Rein tucked his chin close to his sticky neck as he thought of his home, of his golden mother and electric father. Ordinarily, a pang would have shot through his chest, paralyzed him, made him fall to the ground and weep for their absence. But he had grown numb to that. However, the question remained: would he ever go back at all?

The argument he had gotten in with his mother wasn't worth losing her entirely. But he was tasting the world and loving its flavor - especially with his new tricks.

He smirked, the wet blood plastered to his coat sparking and sizzling. He would return eventually, even if only to show off the magic that coursed through his veins and electrified his blood - literally.

rein's chillin. he's been on an adventure! he's got a gash on the back of his left elbow, but most of the blood on him isn't his own :D
open to all! gonna tag @Rexanna for funsies x)

son of a thief and a priest

[Image: 56b8020492908]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
She was a glutton for punishment. Like a golden curtain, the Thief trudged across the Flats searching for those strange shadows that reflected her worst memories. She wasn't sure what had drawn her back to this area, perhaps the idea of seeing her firstborn once again to reminisce in his absence. How the world would be so different had he lived. Would she have still had Rein? Would she have been a Thief at all? She might not have even made it to Helovia after all. It was a back and forth manner of what could have been that had her mind wrapped up within itself. However, Rexanna still hadn't completely understood what was happening. She missed Rein. The son who lived and could be so much more than she. The golden Thief had hopes for her blood splattered son, hoping that he would end up happy in life regardless.

A soft sigh escaped her lips as her eyes watched the water that trailed over the shallow depths. Marembo, her new found companion, wasn't sure what to do with the mixed emotions from the mare. Since his hatching, he had been tugged back and forth within the bond. From when she had wanted to give in and accept Tembovu's offer, she was torn between the feeling of love and the feeling of family with Rein back in the Basin.

And still, the child had evaded her the whole time?

She only lifted her head when Remy tugged on her mane, her eyes finding the source of the disturbance. There, he stood, in all his glory - blood splattered, stained, and still slightly disproportionate, but taller. Her heart lept for the colt, her legs picking up speed regardless of what Rexanna could protest in her mind. The polecat still hadn't met the son, but he felt comfort in the familiarity that Rexanna had with Rein.

The Thief closed in, the distance between her and her own flesh and blood was growing smaller until she could almost touch him if she wished, her chains dancing about her with the fury of the wind over the shallow earth. The polecat held on the best he could, his beady eyes looking to Rein with what he thought to be a smug smile.

"I missed you..." Her voice came out as a whisper, her eyes growing wet with tears she had stored from their last encounter. She missed her son too much that it physically hurt. Her gaze swept across him, seeing all the blood - and yet the child seemed to be fine. She let a small relieved smile tug at the corners of her lips. "Are you... Are you okay? Can I help?" She questioned, worry flicking in her blue eyes. "Please, Rein, let me help..." Her voice resembling a beg. Hoping that just this once he'd let her be the caring mother she should have been all along.

"Talk."
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

MAMA MISSED HER BABE @Rein
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Outcast
prissy
R E I N

He heard her before he saw her.

He heard the splashes, the dazzling rise and fall of her chains. He felt the ripples, the water lapping at his fetlocks upon her arrival. His smirk faded, his gaze sticking to the water, to his hooves - dark, ebony, like hers. He shut his eyes instead, desperate to prolong having to even think about her because to think about her was to think about home and happiness and scars and secrets.

The water grew still again, he couldn't feel it lapping as forcefully.

"I missed you..."

She was close. He opened his eyes, staying still, letting her words ebb and flow their way into his senses. His gaze trailed to her reflection, her creamy fur, so warm, so close. The memory of the time spent in their cave now bittersweet in his memory, soured by the enigma that was his existence.

"Are you... Are you okay? Can I help?"

His jaw tightened.

"Please, Rein, let me help..."

He looked up then, his navy gaze dark and taunting as he stared back at his creator. He suppressed the longing to bury his nose in her cream and black mane, smothering that feeling with memories of skepticism. He fought the urge to find that crescent shaped scar, looking instead at her eyes, and then of course the rodent like thing on her back. His golden brow furrowed, his features obscured by doubt and suspicion that were only amplified by the creatures presence.

"What's that?" He asked, the words tumbling from his lips before he could stop them. He immediately regretted saying them. He turned away, as if to imply he didn't care for an answer. "I...never mind," he added, mumbling the words as blood fell down his nose and collided softly with the salty water at his hooves.

'She's a traitor,' he reminded himself, his gaze finally daring to find the scar carved into the cream of her fur, a mark he shared on his shoulder. Traitor. His coat bristled at the sight of her scar, the blood on his body igniting again, electrifying and sizzling across his body. His dark, indigo eyes flicked up to her lighter, oceanic pools; his features daunting, daring her to try and help him now.

@Rexanna

HERE, FOR YOU, A VERY CONFUSED BABE WHO LOVES HIS MAMA BUT AGAIN IS VERY CONFUSED

Her heart flickered with worry at the blood stained sight of him. He didn't even turn to see her - to see her worried gaze and urgency. Rexanna stayed silent, letting him deal with whatever he needed to deal with. She had so many questions for him, where had he been? What happened to him? Why did he leave like everyone else did? Instead, her lips formed a tight line, waiting patiently for him to respond, if he ever would. It took a few moments, but he finally did. Yet, Rexanna didn't recognize the beast that hid behind his eyes. The dark sapphires that gleamed with arrogance and anger, the very same gaze she had seen in their last encounter. She looked away from him, then, afraid to see her son turn into a monster like how she had witnessed his father do the same thing.

"What's that?" Her ears picked up, her gaze darting to his once more. "He's my -" She began, watching as he tore his gaze away from her in what appeared to her as a way of him trying to show he didn't care. "- companion." Her voice trailed off on the word, her gaze losing him once again as the blood dripped from him, turning the waters she had previously witnessed empowered by shadows into a raging scarlet sea. Yet, his gaze returned to hers and she dared to look upon him once more. Yet this time, something was different. He was still angry, his fur pricking up in his display, his muscles tightening as something in him changed. Marembo watched the child with wide beady eyes, clutching his bonded's mane while his smile faded as he tried to squeak some sense into the boy. Failed attempts, however, as the colt illuminated himself where his blood had resided. His gaze traveling over to hers once more and she caught them with a sense that he didn't want her help - but he would get it anyway.

The Thief took a step toward her son, sadness filling the creases of her eyes. He was her son. If she could do something to help him, regardless if it damaged and hurt her, she would do it in a heartbeat. She wouldn't even think twice about doing something if it meant saving her own child. A soft sigh slipped past her lips as she tried to smile to him. "Magic? You found your magic?" She questioned, trying to get him to talk. Marembo hung onto every word of hers, fear rippling beneath his marbled snakelike body. Rexanna was oddly calm throughout this entire ordeal. "Does it hurt?" Another moment, another chance for her child to respond.

And suddenly, because of his display, she grew frustrated. Her brows furrowing as she looked upon the lightning rod she had of her son. She approached him further, stepping into his circle while her eyes looked to his face - so similarly marked as hers. But instead of there being the color of running mascara, he bore the color of blood. Carefully, she reached her muzzle to him - hoping to touch him. "I want to help you. And if you think that I'm afraid of hurting myself to make sure my own son is okay, you're wrong." Her voice grew a bit more demanding. She was afraid to lose him. After the mirage in these very waters not too long ago, she was worried that perhaps this monstrous display from him wasn't even real. She needed to make sure that he was there, that he was real. With that in mind, she stepped closer, aiming to press the side of her face to the side of his neck, not even caring if she were to electrocute herself from him.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
Rexanna
image | coding

He can shock her if he wants to ;) might make things interesting. xD
@Rein

Outcast
prissy
R E I N

His chest was gnarled, his heartbeat rising as the seconds slid by, amplified by the annoyance he felt when she answered his question regardless of his taking it back. A companion? Dad had two, she had one, and he had none. That's not fair. He added this to his list of reasons to be mad at her (which was, in fact, horribly short and pathetically underwhelming - though he hadn't realized that yet; he hadn't realized the irrationality behind his hateful, erratic thoughts). He scoffed at the creature, ignored it's strange squeaking. Normally, he would have been intrigued by its unfamiliarity, by its dainty claws and vocals, but his mind wasn't normal.

His gaze held hers unwaveringly, his brow furrowing further, trying to communicate his annoyance with a burning blue look rather than trying to play his hand with any vicious words (the words he thought about saying became strangulated in his throat - the good ones and the bad).

"Magic? You found your magic?"

His thoughts were interrupted, the mention of his magic making his blood run cold. The sparks sizzling off the blood matted to his coat grew larger, hungrier as she smiled. Did she know he had had magic all along? She tossed the words out so casually, as if she had known it was there and all he had to do was coax it out.

He didn't say anything, his glare darkening as if to say duh I found it. He found it after the first creature he ran into, a snake. It was the first he'd ever come across. He thought it was scary, even scarier when it lunged for his pastern. He wasn't as scared when his blood electrocuted it. That was when he found his chest grow hollow for the first time. He didn't feel any remorse for the creature as it withered and struggled, it's muscles spasming for a moment till it was limp. He had watched it with intrigue, not noting the fact he had killed it and instead focusing on how.

Then he had moved on to other creatures, eager to learn more about his electrified blood. He started with ones that were easy to catch, like beetles and butterflies. He would slice his canon open with a rock (he cried the first couple times, but it he eventually grew used to the pain) then charge it, and fling it at the creature. Not all of them died, especially the larger ones.

He grew eager to test it, to get better at killing them with the least amount of blood he could use. And so he sliced himself open more and more, but knowing little of how to stop the blood flow, he haphazardly left a crimson trail. Naturally, larger creatures followed.

The worst was the bear. It was a young beast, barely past its infancy. It scared him nonetheless, especially when it bared its teeth and bounded closer. That was when he learned of his other trick.

He let his silence separate them, turning his head away as she asked if it hurt, partially closing his eyes when she said son and his heart whispered mommy. He wanted his chest to stop hurting for her, to stop yearning for her, to stop simultaneously being angry and full of longing.

But he couldn't understand how to make it stop.

It was frustrating enough to channel into his blood, to call forth more of it, more to stain the waters and construct a sword. It happened quickly, faster than he was capable of understanding, but when it was over he understood it very well. His blood sizzled and cracked and found its way to her. He hadn't meant for that. He gripped his sword tightly in his jaws, blinking as he realized he had drawn it to aim for her throat.

That wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to end it all, but not end her. He didn't want to lose her - not at any cost. His inability to end her made him realize, at last how foolish really it was to be angry at her.

He dropped the sword, the bloody weapon dissipating as it hit the water with a gentle splash, the two liquids quietly melding. His face fell, the anger he hid away simmering, dulling, making way for the waves of remorse and love he had quelled for so long. He moved without thinking, burying his nose into her cream and golden fur, tightly pressing his eyes together as he breathed in her familiar smell and cried softly because it felt like home.

"I-I'm so-sorry, I'm so sor-ry," He choked out amidst her two toned mane. "This girl she-she bit me and I let her do it, I told her to, I dunno, she was hungry! And I thought - I thought you would be mad and then I got angry and I dunno - it was stupid. And then I ran away and I g-got bit by a snake and my blood killed it, Mommy, I killed it," He words were choppy and full of remorse, smothered by her mane and his tears. The guilt of killing the creature finally set in, finally resonated with him. His gifts were evil by definition, capable of bringing only death and pain. He knew that now.

"I-I killed so many..." He whispered, his eyes growing wide and features growing guilty. He felt dirty, covered in their blood, covered in innocent blood. He brought this death, this pain. He made her hurt, which was worst of all in his mind.

What have I done?

"I'm so sorry."

oh my god welcome to my novel @Rexanna

It happened so quickly. Rexanna, reaching out with the hopes of touching her son had the favor returned with sparks of electricity - bouncing up and around her golden child. Gritting her teeth, she felt the unexpected zap from the sparks, numbing and piercing all the same - it vibrated in her veins, electrifying and terrifying all the same. But this was her son and she wouldn't let the pain stop her from touching him. Her jaw clenched further, her eyes shutting tight to try and close out the pain that reflected within them as she tried to hold a facade for Rein. Yet, amid the electricity that pulsed through her veins, she forced her eyes to open - her blues seeking out his own, wondering how he felt about this situation. Instead, she was faced with a scarlet sword, pointing straight at her throat. She gasped, eyes widening as she pulled herself from him - the electricity removing itself from her body and returning to its creator. Then she watched the sword fall, dissolving itself into the water at her son's feet. The tears continued to slide down her face, both from shock and pain from the sparks that still found its way to making her veins sizzle.

Remy had managed this entire time to slide off of the mare and find some place safe, away from the hazardous reunion. Watching as Rein approached his mother, embracing her and burying his face in her mane. Rexanna, wrapping her own body around her son, shut her eyes tightly once again and held onto her son - trying her best to soothe herself as well as the child that cried softly into her neck. Then, the next words out of the colt's mouth were nothing more than an explanation from their encounter before he left. Yet the Thief said nothing and just cherished her son and the sobs he tried to speak through, nuzzling him gently with her nose, both of their tears mixing with his blood. A few moments had passed, his words growing further and further apart.

"Shhhh, baby." She hushed the colt, pressing him into her tighter even though her hide twitched with the burns from the electricity. She fought through it, caressing Rein. "Look, look at me Rein. I'm okay." She breathed into his silvery mane. "I'm not mad. You did what you thought was right." She pulled from the child, placing a smile to her lips all while hoping to catch his gaze. "I suppose since you told me about how you got your scar, I'll tell you how I got mine." She added, her words were quiet but she still sought her son's gaze and hopefully his understanding. "I was born in a place far away - a place called Halyven. We were full of unicorns, but I was simply just a servant to the King. However, there was a war between my home and the East. Aciend was the name of it. To make a long story short, there's royal blood that runs in my veins - and yours too, Rein. I was sent off to be a peace offering for the two lands to stop fighting." She paused for a few moments, trying to find out how much of this he would be willing to listen to. "It didn't work, instead they found out I was only half royal blood, which enraged the Prince of the East. Until I came to Helovia, I had been escaping him. I thought I was finally free of him until the night before the last time I saw you." She paused, her nose gesturing down to the ebony crescent that marred her skin. "He's here in Helovia. He gave me this scar and I was so worried about you. I saw the scar you have and I thought - I thought maybe he had got to you too." She snapped her gaze back to his, pushing herself closer to him to embrace her son once again. Her legs trembling at the thought of the Blood Prince being anywhere near her son.

"As for you and your magic, I know it's hard. Sometimes you have to do things you don't really want to do to learn how to control it. It's fate, Rein. Everything happens for a reason, despite if we like what the reason is..." Rexanna's voice was soft, calmer now. Her tears had dried and instead she tried to wipe away the blood that stained her son. "Everything will be okay. I never had magic before I came here. You remember Tembovu, don't you?" her voice was soft, longing on the mention of the Elephant King. "I almost shot him in the chest with mine, but I didn't know either." The Thief felt like she had begun rambling now, so she clamped her mouth shut, watching to gauge what kind of reaction the colt might have to learn so much information. If only a few animals had died at her sons hands, seeing the guilt spread across his face and throughout his body - she was sure he couldn't become the monster in her nightmares.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
Rexanna
image | coding

HAVE A NOVEL IN RETURN ;-; <3333 @Rein

Outcast
prissy
R E I N

His stomach churned, nauseated. He choked on his breath, his eyes squeezed tightly together, blocking out his horrors. I hurt her, I hurt her, I hurt her, I hurt her. Emotionally and physically, he had scarred them both by trying to prevent himself from being cut further.

He pressed his head farther and farther into her, into her soft, two toned locks. They smelled of that rodent, her tiny companion. The foreign scent mingled with her familiar one was sickening, he decided. His arrogance had pushed her away, had inhibited him witnessing such an important part of her life. It wasn't sickening, he was sickening, for doing that to them both.

"...I'm okay," but on the inside, is that so? Even if her body had recovered from his shock, he knew he had left wounds on her heart.

"I'm so sorry, Mommy," He choked out again, his muscles relaxing as she stroked his necked. His crying didn't cease, but it slowed. His eyes opened reluctantly as she spoke, shocked by her acceptance. I almost killed you, and you're not even mad? He withdrew slightly from her embrace to turn his shocked blue gaze on her face and trace the emotions that appeared on her golden, exotically lined features.

She smiled, his lips fell apart in shock. He sniffled. Royal blood? "No way," he murmured softly, remnants of his childlike wonder still prevalent in his tone, though suppressed by his disbelief. Her tale began to make sense in his head, loose strings that once dangled in his mind connected. She's a princess. He didn't doubt it.

His tears flowed harder again as he leaned into her embrace. He understood, he finally understood. As she spoke of fate, he understood, but not quite how she meant him to. He understood that his magic was lightning and blood and death. He vowed to himself that he would never use it again. He didn't want to be known for having bloody hands.

The blood that caked his body was drying, some of it chipping off on it's own accord, the rest being nosed off by her cream maw. Her soft voice soothed him. His tears were quiet and slow. He turned his head down, careful not to poke her with his spiraled horn. He smiled through his tears as she spoke of shooting the Elephant King in the chest. A soft, pathetic little laugh escaped his golden lips, but he didn't say anything in response. He had nothing left to say.

@Rexanna :OOOO

Rein pressed further and further into her, and she pressed back - loving on him with every ounce that she could. The soft whiskers of her muzzle traced his blood splattered coat, the golden hues slowly becoming more visible as the blood tried and flaked off. She smiled against his skin as his sobs turned softer, not as violently racking his body. Rexanna hugged him tighter, closer to her as if she could take away all of his pain and bear it herself. "I forgive you, love." Her voice was soft like a gentle breeze against the pain she felt from the electricity. It still hummed in her veins, but it was calmer now and more tolerable. Regardless if he hurt her, despite the singed hairs and blackened veins of sparks that adorned her chest now - the scars from her son would be nothing in comparison to the monster that she bore the crescent scar from.

Nipping at his silvery mane as it grew and flopped around his neck, it was longer now than she remembered. "I love you Rein, more than anything." Her voice hushed into a whisper as her cerulean gaze sought out his sapphires. Every word she spoke to him, she meant. She loved her son more than she could even begin to imagine, and she always would. If he were to be the one that happened to take her life, she'd still love him with every ounce of her being as he did so. Obviously, she hoped that wouldn't happen - but her motherly love out shadowed everything else. Still, she reveled in the little laugh he had done previously, deep down hoping she could soothe his heartache. "Don't you forget that, okay?" She questioned, cream cupped ears tilting in his direction. "You're my little prince. And you always will be."

Remy watched from his safe vantage point, weary of the child and unsure if his sparks would return. However, from seeing the child's breakdown, he began to feel for the colt. Moving his body across the ground, swimming through the small puddles that were deeper than he could walk over, he ended up at Rein's feet. His beady eyes were a similar blue as Rexanna's as he gazed upon the child, his little black paws reaching for his ashen hoof as if he could try to console Rein. All Remy wanted to do was help. Rexanna noticed the motion and nuzzled her son gently. "His name is Marembo. I call him Remy, though. He wants you to feel better." She spoke gently, watching the small polecat as he tried to get the colts attention. His little black paws aiming to stroke Rein's hoof with a gentleness that he often did for his bonded when she felt distraught. His own little sign of love, showing that he, too, loved the child.

The Thief shared the same feeling, probably strongly passed through the bond. She wanted her son to be happy and take on the world like a storm (which she began to realize was more real than imaginary.) Still, she was proud of him regardless of the bad things he had done. He had found magic and was curious enough to see what it could do. Whereas Rexanna only found her magic useful in grabbing people's attention. She hadn't decided on actually trying it out on creatures. Perhaps it would have been useful in her encounter with Calstron.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Rein <3333333