[OPEN] Not Where he Wants to Be

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
O u l t i k
On the wrong side of heaven
and the righteous side of Hell
"If you wish to explore further you do it on your own." Erakro was a few steps in front of Oultik, looking back pleadingly. Oultik's tail lashed about in a display of agitation. He loathed the sand of the beach. Already it flung itself against him. It would burrow itself into his still shedding coat and would make it itch all the more. Why is it that all of life's nuisances are so small? Oultik's thought was a growl in his own head. Flies, sand, to him there were no things worse than those, her; he added Erakro to the list with an affectionate smirk. His stance softened slightly. "My mind will not be changed." He bent and pushed her forward, "Now go."

Erakro trudged through the sand away from him. Gods forbid she have fun on her own, his thoughts were sarcastic as he heard her dramatically sigh. Out loud he answered her sigh with one of his own, purposely making it loud enough for her to hear. It got Erakro's attention and she turned to see him forcing a smile, "I might, might, walk further later." Oultik was not sure that he meant it but it brightened the cub's mood and she turned away to frolic through the sands. Just watching it being flung around behind Erakro made Oultik stiffen in disdain for the shifting grit beneath his hooves.

The pair had come to the Endless Blue to escape the flies set loose by the warming weather. The stallion had been content with moving just close enough to be protected from the pests by the breeze but Erakro had relentlessly tried to press Oultik closer. Put in a better mood by the reprieve from the flies he had been easier than usual to sway. Now Erakro was celebrating her efforts and Oultik was cursing himself for agreeing. The cub swatted at shells and chased those she sent rolling; she played the game of tag that all young do with the waves. The unicorn, however, stood like an ill natured stone being buffeted by the playful breeze. His tail tucked between his legs, its hair already tangled and dusted by sand.

Whenever Erakro bent to examine a washed up fish a gull landed near to her and another squawked over her head. Surprised by creatures more bold than those of the field and forest the cub shied away. "They are birds," Oultik's voice had gone cold, "If they scare you then I will leave you to them." To see her fearful of a winged creature invited Oultik to remember a younger version of himself. Made him think of how he had once flinched at the sound of beating wings. It was a part of himself he could not allow to be reawakened. The stallion closed his eyes and mustered up the strength that it took to replace the fear with hatred.

Would he ever really leave Erakro behind? Never.

[Image: oultikforprofile_by_tierren-d9wxebs.png]

Coding by Tamme
Art by Ysval
[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

:: Arah ::

The weather had been changing, the temperature quickly rising. The doe and her companion had come down to the tumbling waters to cool off. Wynter was soaring further out to sea, studying a school of fish with interest while the doe rested on the shore, watching the griffin with a small painting her face. It was a good day, bright beautiful and a gentle breeze danced along her spine, playfully blowing strands of her hair across her eyes and over her shoulders. It curled and twisted around her legs, shaking the sand from her coat Arah began to wonder down the beach studying the shaped, smooth rocks and shells. Her steps were slow and gentle, a leisurely pace that also reflected upon her current mood. Smiling as her body soaked up the warmth from the sun, she was glad to have a brake from the chill. Although she supposed this winter would not be so tough for her - she'd spent almost every winter in the north, now she was in The Edge. Undoubtedly this winter would be more manageable and endurable. In fact, she was looking forward to the change of location and temperature. Somewhere behind her Wynter plunged into the water and rose from the water again, hurtling through the open blue skies. Normally she would have turned and watched, laughing at the boisterous display.

Golden orbs focused on two figures in the distance, watching a young lion cub loping along the shore and what appeared to be a stallion surveying the scene. The gulls seemed surprisingly comfortable getting close to the young mammal, yet in turn the youngster appeared quite unsure. After watching the cub play for a moment she began to head towards the two figures. Her steps were slow and focused, not overly desperate to reach her new destination. A more casual and elegant stroll towards the two strangers with a smile warming her delicately painted features. Pausing for a moment, she used the time to study the stag's features. He had a darkly painted coat with lighter spots ranging from a subtle to white. His strong lion's tail was long, the dark hair again grew towards white, long and wild. Beautiful blue eyes that resembled the higher part of the sky around them watched the cub closely. Again more white painted his body, curious white lines decorated if eye, Arah smiled. An unusual set of horn donned his head, curving and marked. In truth, he was a rather remarkable beast.

"Hello." Her musical voice calls out to the stag, the smile still in place as she watched them. Chuckling her halcyon gaze remained on the cub for a moment longer. "She's beautiful," turning the doe glanced towards her own companion who was trailing behind Arah much slower. The white griffin was focused only on the small lion cub, although she'd sent a wave of gustation through the bond at the doe's praise of the other creature. Wynter had always been a jealous individual, feeling as if Arah should keep her praise only for her. Falling silent she waited for Wynter to catch up before turning back to the stallion and his cub with interest, her astute gaze carefully taking in all information offered by the two before her.

You are my refuge and I need you to see;
The only one I let down more than you is me.
Image Credits

@Oultik
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽