the Rift

The Secret of a Song

Amarth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dance to my Song

Amarth trotted slowly, his hooves landing delicately on the grassy cliff. The sun was just peaking over the horizon, causing the sky to be magnificent shades of orange and pink. It was quite a breezy morning, causing his flute like horn to play it's own melody; This was a rather cheery song that it played, matching his own emotions.

The silver dapple slowed himself to a steady walk, letting the air flow slower through his hollow horn. It now released a deeper sound, more relaxing and content. His lion like tail was held proudly behind him, sporting a silver tuft of hair at the end. His brown eyes surveyed The World's Edge with great care, the cliffs in the distance acted like great strong arms, holding up the sky. The fog covered the ground like a blanket, hiding his cloven hooves from sight.

The sun continued to rise slowly, the fog continued to rest on the surface of the cliff, Amarth didn't bother to keep walking, he just stood and observed the land. The horn resting on his forehead continued to play a simple and subtle tune, the wind was beginning to die down and not much noise was corrupted by his flute. He smiled a bit adventurously then began again at a trot, this time the trot was full of energy and he was head right towards the edge of the cliff. Yes he did intend to stop, but he enjoyed the view from the very peak of the bluff.

Once at the end he came to an abrupt stop. He carefully peered his head over the edge, looking down at the sea below. He couldn't see anything but the same fog that infested the cliff. He backed away from the side, not wanting to misplace his hoof and take a tumble down into the water.

OOC-First post with him, hope it's okay! This thread is open to anyone interested <3

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit
Having lived here a few seasons now, I find it quite saddening that few unicorns seem to roam our land, or Helovia in general. It is disheartening, and I suppose I can understand why my King opened our borders to those of all kinds – but even since that decree, the motions of the World’s Edge are quiet and non-existent. If it weren’t for my dearest little Dirk, I would be plagued with loneliness I am sure, for I was a mare used to being surrounded by her sisters, aunts and mother at all times. We were close, myself and my Amazonian sisters, and I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss them. But I could never return, I was so torn between what I had been brought up with and what I had learned – I didn’t know who to believe, myself or my herd? Even now, I am torn, as my herd are followers of the dark maiden, the Moon Goddess, where I am devout to my Earthly lord. This herd seems to be overrun with stallion also, something that makes me unsure of how to behave or act, unsure of who to trust – we are a herd disunited, you see, a herd truly built upon words and false promises. This I can see now, and with this realisation comes only more sadness. Action needs to be taken, but I know not what action, and so I am left floundering, watching our borders as the Warrior within me commands, and exploring the realm as often as my cloven hooves allow me to.

It is with some surprise that I come across the true Edge of our lands, and spy a figure – another stallion, how unexpected – peering over its decline. The musical hum that resonates from him lures me in, just as the scented petals amongst the tendrils of my mane and tail might draw him in. Svelte ears capture his tune, and appreciate it, and I smile, allowing the melody to relax my worried countenance briefly. Pearlescent horn tilts as I approach the stallion and nod, a small sound singing from my maw in greeting. I recognise him as one of our own, one of the Edge, and while formal introductions were never made, I am learning, slowly, to trust that those who are a part of the herd are not going to chase me away – they know not what I was trained to do my whole life, they would have no reason to want me gone. Leonine tail swishes delicately from side to side, and my voice pours forth from my maw once more, this time crafting a gentle salutation to the chocolate and crème steed.

“Hello – I don’t think we’ve been introduced. I am Lotus, and this is Dirk.” I motion to the small bundle of fur clinging to my withers, though there is affection and love in my voice as I mention the kitten. Dirk rustles from his slumber then, his mismatched little eyes peering out to the stallion, and I ensure to send him gentle, soothing emotions, eliciting the vibrations of a purr from him in response. Nape arched, I peer at this curious steed, awaiting a reply.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

There was a simple reason Mauja enjoyed his homeland, a very simple reason - it was beautiful and deadly all at once. Fog hid the ground and the unwary might stumble, the trees rose tall and healthy, and the view from the Edge... it was simply breathtaking, and yet sometimes the wind was so strong it nearly pulled you over. The King exhaled, a fond kind of sigh, and stopped briefly among his trees. Did I just call them healthy?

They were once majestic and rich, now they were waning, crying for rain and shadow that never came to them. The Sun God was angry, but the Order of the Sun was hardly a threat anymore, was it? News had spread of their seat in Dragon's Throat being conquered, and while that was good news, the bad news was that Pegasus had taken up residence there. Couldn't an outcast band of unicorns have had the sense to do it? Apparently not. Mauja sighed in the fading darkness, glancing skywards at the sea of paling stars. Soon the nightly respite from day's heat was over, and it would begin again with heat and hot, slow winds. That the FrostHeart King had declared for the Moon Goddess had not exactly done wonders to spare them from the fiery rage of her brother - it had had somewhat an opposite effect, and he ground his teeth together in frustration, pale tail lashing against his sides.

Mauja moved again, drifting closer to the Edge; on the days when the heat was nearly unbearable, he wanted to toss himself into the sea below and cool himself in its fatal embrace, but that would be counterproductive. He had to find a way to conquer the Sun. He, a single mortal stallion - he snorted, shook his head, and followed the fog to the edge where he perched, regal in the colorful sunrise. Even from afar, there was hardly any doubt as to who he was. He simply carried himself with the pride that came with natural leadership.

A puff of wind alerted him to others, Lotus' enchanting scent filtering into his nose and, as usual, his heart skipped a beat. It was hard to keep it from doing that, and despite knowing that she was a warrior well deserving of her rank, that one thing about her kept irritating him. He didn't let it show, though; she was far too valuable for him to do that. The other was a silver dapple stallion he had no idea who it was, but he smelled enough of the Edge to belong here. Mauja's eyes narrowed. He didn't like not knowing his herd. And so, he began to pace along the Edge towards them, seemingly undaunted by the fact that he toed a fogged-over precipice, a fall to certain death by being dashed against rocks... How could he be King here if he could not walk his own land? A small smile played on his face and with his thick mane waving in the breeze he dipped his head to Lotus and tried to keep appropriate thoughts in his head.

The air was still cool, but sunlight glistened in the ice crystals upon his horn. "Lotus," he greeted her with a note of fondness, before turning his remarkable open blue eyes onto the stranger. While Mauja was not one to trust easily, he preferred to not greet the world with open hostility. It was so counterproductive. He would congratulate his Warrior on her cat later, hopefully she would understand that, albeit peacefully, figuring out who this stallion was took precedence over such personal matters. "Who might you be?" He knew very well that he had not given his own identity - it was more amusing to see how others reacted in his company if they did not know his rank. Mauja's ears twitched to the odd tune on the breeze, and although his voice always possessed a cool quality, he did not in any way speak rudely or with chill. He was simply a creature of winter, but not even that fact could hide the curious sparkle in his pale eyes.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Amarth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I'll try to reply ASAP! Thanks for replying, I'm really busy packing for my cruise that I'll be leaving on this Saturday so it's killing my little bit of muse, thanks for your patience <3