the Rift

[PRIVATE] Why Can't We Take These Boxing Gloves Off?

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night

The black stallion began to slink away, and the corporal stood sturdy in her spot. A slight wind ruffled her mane as she watched him go. Silver scanned his onyx pelt, satisfaction settling over her at the sight of the dried rust that marred his coat, drawn from him by wounds she had inflicted. An ache bloomed in her muscles as the adrenaline slipped away, and the cool air wicked the sweat from her hide. The feelings that lingered after a spar were typically cathartic, but not today. The healer spoke his snide words and unwarranted advice, and something deep within her chest boiled and bubbled and churned with indignation.

Had they fought the same fight? To call it a fight certainly was an overstatement, as the Latin brute had spent most of the time splashing around in the water like a waterlogged foal, and the rest of the time he was attempting to not run into any trees. Was he expecting a death match? Spars were for training, and in her case, for loosening unused muscles and relieving stress. His commentary was shocking, and for a moment she could only stand, dumbstruck, as he continued his nonsense.

"You haven't been in my shoes," she finally spat, wishing she could infuse actual venom into her words. She stepped forward, eyes stormy beneath furrowed brows. "It is obvious, especially in the way you speak down to me because my most vulnerable pieces don't hang between my legs." Never before had she been so openly objectified, especially not by a fellow warrior. The blue girl knew she had weakness compared to the brawny build of most stallions, but it did not mean she was weaker, or less deserving of her victories. She knew others may have their opinions, and may quietly judge her or attempt to placate her. Nox could never understand the pressures and imposed limitations she had been handed. He could never understand. For a moment, she wondered if anyone would notice his absence. What would the consequences be if she simply ran her horn through his heart? She could come up with a convincing enough story should she be questioned.

"You tell me I have the heart of a king, but you are wrong. Kings can be corrupted by greed and lust. It is not hard to fell a king with the promise of treasure, or make him believe in lies whispered in his ear after his pleasures have been fulfilled. Men are easy to break, they are easy to play, they are easy to ruin. But queens? Queens have the advantage. Our curves are our weapons, and our words can make kingdoms crumble. Strength lays in more than just muscle." Again she stepped closer, hoping to come nearly nose to nose with him, and her eyes softened as a single brow rose. "You may see me as nothing more than a mare, a quiet silly woman who wants nothing more than to pretend she is a warrior. You see a rose, but I can assure you that my petals hide thorns. You tell me I should contain fire in my eyes, but I say you should see ice. Cold blood courses through my veins, and I have no issues nor qualms about killing. I know what I fight for, and what played out today was nothing more than a playful spar, something to keep me occupied and sate my desire to overcome and conquer." Her tail flicked behind her, the only body language she couldn't quite calm, as her voice never deviated from a calm and even sound. "Do not ever doubt my motivations. And do not attempt to lessen the offense of your words by apologizing for 'pissing me off.' You have done much, much worse than causing me minor frustration. You have boxed me into your preconceived notions about what a mare is or is not capable of doing. Your inability to face a woman on the battlefield? That is a weakness on your part, not mine." As she stood, she was doing all she could to keep her body from shaking as unbridled rage swept through her. She would love to pass along his beliefs to Hotaru. Perhaps the great Lady of the Basin would be interested in teaching him a thing or two about weak women?

She allowed her writhing tail to settle, and it curled around a hind hock. The breeze cooled her nerves, and she urged her heart to settle, tried to calm the vibrations that encouraged her to lunge one last time. Her words calmed further still as she let out a single steady exhale. "So tell me this, Mortuus Nox, have you never encountered a powerful woman before? Or have you simply allowed yourself to be played, as I'm sure those pretty, unsuccessful mares led you to believe?"

Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
your fears have just become all too real

Cracked hooves continued to walk alone. He was heading home and that was that, the spar was done and the mare had given him nothing to show respect towards. He did not want her to talk to him like a man would, he wanted to hear a powerful woman snap back at him. He wanted to hear why she felt the way she did, and stand up for her self. She was a woman on the battle field, this was going to happen. Most men did not respect them, and they sure as hell wont when it comes to a battle. What the star girl did next surprised him greatly. His onyx pelt came to a sore halt as he heard venom spit from her maw.

'You haven't been in my shoe's' His head jolted towards her as she spat the other words out. "I have not been in your shoes.... How do you know my life? I was not referring to your gender at that point of time. You feel the need to prove your self to others and the world. You are yearning for respect from others, and you have your own struggles that you need to overcome that I don't know about. I dont know your life either, but don't ever say I don't know what it is like. I have news for you I have been there, I have had to Prove my self to my own FAMILY. I had to prove my worth by Killing my mother, then my Father pinned my brother against me. My own family, and he told me kill him to prove you are worth living. Have you ever been threatened with your life? Then once it was done I had to Kill my own father. He told me that I could never be anything, no one will ever respect me. Then he attacked me, he said if you are strong enough to live then you have to take my life ." His troubled demonic skull shook
"I have been teased, harassed, and forced to prove my self my whole life. I know how it feels ." Cold stone eyes peered into the mare like he looked into her soul. As she spoke about a king, his head nodded and let her speak what she had to say. His black ears listened to the mare as she continued her rant. Her nose touched his as she moved closer. The hell bound stallion stood like a strong statue, not taking one step away from her. Frozen pits glared deep into her eyes like a beast trying to eat her soul.

The wounds bleed, dripping crimson down his pelt. His heavy chest shuttered with painful breaths as she continued on.She spoke about her cold blood and how he should see Ice from her eyes. His head shook softly with a smile. Then her words shifted to how he could not face a woman on the battle field. His skull shook softly."You think I have been played by women, that I have been fooled? I have never been fooled by a single woman on the battle field. They are vixens that think men only think with their dick, but I got news for you. Not all are like that. Women think that men don't respect them because they don't have ball's between their legs, and a Dick to fuck with. That's not true, women don't get that respect because they always try to push themselves to get respect. Never push respect on someone, because you will never earn it that way. I have never seen Hotaru push respect on anyone. I respect her because she treats men like her equal, and he does not feel the need to prove something. She comes off confident and powerful. She is a true queen. " His voice did not shiver nor shake with any breath he took."I respect everyone as an equal, mare or stallion. You do not need to act like a Man, nor a woman. To be your self is the best way to earn respect." He smiled softly looking at the star mare. "Ki'irha I do not want to fight or argue with you any more. You are my General, and our leader on the battle field. Not just a woman, not just a mare. You are a well respected Mare in my eyes." His was honest, and after she stood up for herself like that she deserved it.
"Talk."

ready to make a deal with the devil?

[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]image credits

@Ki'irha

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.