the Rift

[OPEN] Bewitched

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
Did I build this ship to wreck?

Hugging the western coast and travelling south, Dacianna spent most of her days wayfaring around places she hadn't visited before, scoping out the different environments of Helovia and the residents that came with it. This time, the further she ventured the less mountainous it got and the more she felt the tug to go back North, where the high peaks were still visible to admire and it felt a little more familiar. Yet, the roan stubbornly continued forth. It was better to know than be ignorant and Dacianna hated being ignorant. Eventually her path took her eastward across Helovia, the golden sands had turned back to green and eventually the mare stumbled upon what looked like a volcano in the distance. A volcano! Dacianna had seen mud volcanoes before but not real, lava spewing rage mountains of fiery death. Enthralled and a little taken aback, Dacianna continued onwards and hoped today wasn't the day it was going to take a leaf from the book of Vesuvius and eject its insides in a fit of magmatic fury. Well, if it did, it did. There wasn't much an average sized unicorn with fancy bracelets could do about it other than bemoan her fate before being engulfed in searing red rivers. 

She faltered over that thought and meekly drifted to a halt half way up the tricky path to look witheringly at her surroundings. "Don't you dare" she scolded the volcano. Pleased, she continued up the path.

Once she had reached the top she paused to catch her breath before taking in her surroundings. The first thing she saw was a series of shrines that sat looking rather dilapidated, but their symbolism was still quite striking. Masters of Earth, Sun, Moon and Time. Rather apt that one must stand in the shadow of a volcano with death boiling beneath the feet to even find a place where one might pray to a God. Dacianna, however, knew where her respects must first go. 

"My diety" she said respectfully to the shrine ravaged by wind "I ask a favour" the roan wondered if she would be heard by the Moon, or if she should simply pay her respects and leave. Besides, Dacianna was formerly a riftian who had already been saved by a God of Helovia, perhaps it was overly bold of her, but if one did not ask one did not get.

The sun sat low as evening had begun to fall and Dacianna waited for an answer.

@Mythical Request using my VotG pass on my prize list to request a quest for 
[Magic: LightxWind | Can put another to sleep with a gust of wind.]
She's looking for the Moon God :3

image credits
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky

A wind lulled lazily across the shrines. Today, the Goddess did not feel like descending from the shadows or appearing out of a whisper of light. Today, she merely would be.

And so she was.

One moment there was nothing but the dilapidated shrines before the once-riftian mare, and then suddenly the Goddess was there. Though there was no movement or sound to announce her arrival, until she decided to move. Her wings fluttered lightly against her flanks as she adjusted them, and her neck arched gracefully as she cast her silvery stare upon the oddly-patterned mare before her.

"What is it you need, my dear?" The Goddess asked. Her voice was like marble - silky but cold and hard. Still, she appeared curious and patient. Her leonine tail hung gently around her hocks, and her gaze was soft and open. 

The Goddess knew very little about Dacianna. Oh, she knew that she was once an inhabitant of the Rift, and that she had taken up residence within the Edge but ..other than that, the goings-on of the girl were completely lost on the Goddess. She stood eagerly awaiting to see what the girls' favour would entail.

Image Credit

imi

She solemnly stood, champion of the rickety path she had conquered to lay her eyes upon the tattered shrines of Gods and their elements. In one blink there was nothing but the dying sun in the backdrop of earths furnace and in the next, without even a whisper, there she stood. The commander of darkness, wielder of wind, to Dacianna she was an all round mystery, the moon in the sky and the Goddess she served. Even now the roan didn’t know how one greeted a god of Helovia, still a child thrown in the deep end and one who jumped in fright whenever divinity suddenly appeared without even a small warning. In fact, whenever anyone appeared without warning. Dacianna stifled a curse that almost came out instinctively (a bad habit) from her surprise; it turned into a muffled snort instead as her wavy tuft of forelock sat unceremoniously over one ear after she’d shied away from the Lady, whom she had not thought would actually appear.

The God’s voice was like silk, but firm and Dacianna already knew what she wanted. It hadn’t really taken much thought. If there was one thing she could have needed a few times in the past then a sleep spell was surely one of them, to slip past guards, to avoid monsters, or simply just to mute unnecessarily annoying idiots. It was cliché, a spell common in a plethora of fairy tales and Dacianna wondered if it came with some sort of enchantment she had to learn, or maybe she’d have to wear one of those weird pointy hats that the old chroniclers used to talk about in their tales, back at her old home.

“Magic” she said simply in her rough voice, deciding cut straight to the point “something effective, but not permanent” she said thoughtfully.  “In the past I’ve often been trapped in bad places with bad creatures” her lips curled remembering the Rift “if only I had something that bought me time or allowed me a moment to pass unseen” she explained a little more. Perhaps she should be asking for some sort of invisibility magic, but Dacianna didn’t want to be invisible, she wanted something that made others easier to deal with. Lethargy was always quite helpful in that area, but it could be applied to many other things, not only to hide, but also to aid.

Her gaze slipped from the Moon God and to the ground where she offered a gentle, polite dip of her head. “Please tell me what I must do to acquire what I seek, my Lady” the Philosopher requested.

[Magic: LightxWind | Can put another to sleep with a gust of wind.]
wishlist

image credits

@Mythical Request

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky

As the mare spoke, the Goddess smiled. She liked the mare, oh yes.  She got right to the point, the heart of the matter, where normally so many would dance around their true intentions, trying to tell her things that they believed she wanted to hear. She justified and explained herself without the need for anecdotes and emotional outbursts. Her words were factual, but informative. Many in the Edge - indeed in Helovia - could learn a great deal from this mare.

"I understand completely." The Goddess began, a genuinely approving smile parting her velvety lips. She waited until the mare's gaze rose again, before continuing.
"Did you know that athletes, when they are training for their various events, train in more difficult conditions than those they expect to face? They do this so that when their moment comes, everything suddenly seems easier."  She paused, her smile widening. "So too shall you learn the skills you need under more difficult and taxing conditions."

"Take this-" The Goddess' wing unfurled and fanned for a moment, and as it so a vial of beautifully blackish purple liquid appeared. "Take this ... " The vial hung in the air, before floating towards Dacianna. It glimmered with unseen starlight. "You'll find that it does indeed make things harder, but I'm sure it will be nothing you can't handle." Her smile widened, more mischievous this time. "Test yourself ... 5 times shall we say? In any manner you see fitting ... then return to me, and we shall see what you can do with your burden removed...."

OKAY! What Dacianna drinks the potion, a number of things will happen. If she wants to sneak around/be able to get out of tricky situations, she needs to practice doing it with the 'burdens' the goddess has tasked her with. And they are:

1. At nighttime, Dacianna's coat will glow, making her more easy to see
2. During the day, her hooves will make more sound than they normally do, making her easier to hear
3. When she runs, her balance will be slightly off making it more difficult for her to escape
4. When she tries to listen carefully, her hearing will become muffled, making it more difficult for her to eavesdrop 
5. If she tries to whisper, her voice will remain loud.

Place yourself in any situation that you like with Dacianna trying to either be sneaky, be evasive, etc. Have her deal with the burdens the Goddess has tasked her with, and then return!

Image Credit

imi

Dacianna felt rather like a little girl awaiting judgement when she stood in front of the Goddess. Her normally confident demeanour cowed in the face of the divine as she wondered if her words seemed childish or silly. As an ally of the Moon, the roan was very aware of how much she wanted to be a good asset and not a hassle. Yet, she couldn’t help but wonder for how long had the Moon had watched over this place and how many had come to seek her help. It was daunting to imagine, but as the Goddess began to smile, Dacianna felt a small wave of relief flood into her chest. With a spark of hope, her golden eyes rose in search of the Moon and she took in her words, nodding slowly in thought to the fact that was offered as the nature of her task was revealed. If one wanted an easy life then one must work for it. Dacianna understood well enough, even though she could feel part of her feeling nervous at the thought… Would she succeed?

The young, tense scholar watched as the God revealed a vial of alluring dark liquid and presented it before her. Dacianna stared at it floating as the Moon explained a little more before leaving the roan to drink the potion that would lead her down the path she had requested. For a moment, she hesitated, to reconsider, to think and decide if this was really something she could handle. What if she failed? Yet, the girl had come this far and it was always better to fail at something she wanted, rather than something she didn’t.

With a deep breath, she nodded her head to show her understanding and took the vial, downing its contents in one go. She felt it go down her throat and steeled herself for the task ahead.

“As you wish, I will return soon my Lady” she whispered loudly.

ack thanks for the cool quest :D

image credits