the Rift

[OPEN] Shoop-poo-do

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
The glass raked along the cliff face, the sharp edge slicing the droppings off of the cliff face. It was disgusting, awful, grunt work. Not to mention the sound the glass made against the cliff face also wasn't particularly pleasant. She'd picked it up as she'd made her way to the cliff face, it was large enough to act like a shovel and shaped so that she cloud slip her hoof into a lip and manoeuvre the shard. The doe cringed at the sound, pausing to give her hearing a moments peace she turned and surveyed her handiwork. Having started long before the sun rose she'd already made quite a considerable impact against the tide of droppings. Golden orbs landed on Wynter, the doe had requested help from her companion but no. No. Wynter was sun baking. Literally wings spread wide, lounging on her back and snoring. "Ní féidir liom a chreidiúint bhuaigh mé tú." The griffin continued to sleep, peacefully and it seemed to be a rather deep sleep. Whatever. Turing back to the ocean she studied the waves crashing against the treacherous rocks, studied the way the sun glistened and glimmered against the surface of the choppy waters. Without a doubt this was a beautiful home and she found that it actually did agree with her. It was a different beauty from The Basin, less harsh and ominous but actually quite pleasant and charming. Perhaps she hadn't really given this herd and land a proper chance, her mind and emotions still rested heavily with The Basin. How where they? Where they still furious with her or had she not actually mattered all that much? Should she go back? No. Not after what she went through to get here. This was the land she had chosen over the wintery abode of the north, she had to give The Edge a chance to get to know her.

A chance to trust her.
So far she hadn't done much except for moping around and feeling sorry for herself. Of course that wasn't actually getting anything accomplished.

Sighing she scrapped another pile away, grimacing as the smell wafted up to her. Well after this she'd certainly not give anyone the excuse to punish her again. This was absolutely vile and despite the fact she was nearly finished, she honestly wasn't sure if she'd be able to finish. Feeling faint and in decent need of a bath she looked over the remains filth and scowled. This task successfully had the desired effect upon Arah, she felt closer to the lands. Now she'd studied the rock face, learnt about it's flats, curves and drops. It certainly her brought her closer to her fellow herd mates, perhaps a little too close. Gathering up her remaining engird (who know shoving poop away made you so damn tired?) she continued with her work.

The cliffs where clean and she'd managed to do it all by herself. It was her punishment and hers alone, Tilney didn't need to assist her. It was not a punishment to be shared. Smiling at her handy work the doe tipped her head back and smiled at the sinking sun. Over a day's work, yet it felt as if it had taken weeks. "Tembovu, my King!" She called for him to survey her finished product.

Create loud silences, make the world believe in you.

@Tembovu - Pooper scooper. Nevermind is still absent so I had Arah do it without telling Tilney ;)
@Tilney
@Erthë
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Black nostrils, loosely covered with cream hair, flared. The pungent smell wafted, a few parts sweet and more parts fetid, to the King on a cool, sea breeze. The scent overwhelmed the brine of the sea. At first, confusion struck through him— he knew that many more had joined the Edge and that feces had begun to build up along the cliffs, but it had not yet plagued the herdlands with stench.

Ears perked and nostrils sparsely breathing, long strides began to carry his heavy, scarred body towards the Cliffs. Mbwene, in all her youthful wisdom, opted to stay where she was and not approach the smell, her trunk safely tucked into a fragrant bed of pine needles.

“Tembovu, my King!” His walk broke to a trot as a melodic voice summoned him— Arah. Realization dawned on him, the sweet call of the pale doe contrastingly combined with odor of scat; he had tasked her with cleaning the cliffs for her absence at the meeting, after Tilney had vouched for the antlered woman. Briefly, he wondered if the newly appointed Moon Doctor assisted her.

His swift two-beat made short time of the distance between himself and the graceful woman— massive body slowing as he broke through the trees and approached the cliffs. Seeing her alone, he was surprised by the relief that settled easily in his barrel— had he not wanted the ivory doe to be alongside the handsome, antlered Moon Doctor? His gaze found exhaustion lining the delicate lines of the doe, a few smudges of filth belying the labor her genteel body had undergone as punishment— his punishment. Briefly, regret flashed in him— but he suppressed it; beauty did not buy favors (at least, it shouldn’t).

“Arah,” his low voice rumbled warmly in greeting. His eyes reluctantly broke their study of the woman, sweeping over the cliffs— now free of excrement for as far as is deep blue eyes could see. He returned his eyes to hers, “Thank you for completing your task so quickly and completely,” he paused, before, “Tilney did not help you?” The undercurrent of curiosity in his voice was ill-hidden.

A short breath, sight tracing a few dark smirches on her otherwise perfectly pale coat, before a lopsided smile crossed his muzzle, “I can accompany you to the Grove, and stand watch as you bathe,” he offered quietly.
He paid for his sins. He was saved.
But some sins haunt us no matter how much we pay.

Sorry for the delay <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

"Tembu! That's such a lewd thing to suggest!"

The young voice was riddled with tones both accusatory and teasing, on the verge of laughter as it reached them from behind the giant of a man. On slender legs Erthë emerged from the underbrush, graceful stride marred by the usual heavy limp as she picked her way towards the two. Shock and amusement mingled on her features as she regarded the stallion through narrowed lids, delighted at a chance to tease her big friend.

"I think lady Arah is more than capable of washing off without you being anywhere near her. Stand watch, ha! And what would you watch, I wonder?"

Grinning widely, the filly shot a glance at the fair-haired mare to share the joke with her. The reason for the mare's need to bathe was quite apparent, from the foul splatters across her pretty body to the pungent cloud of odor that colored the air Erthë perceived around her - but it also brought to mind why exactly the lady was so filthy.

"Ooh" she said quietly, voice made soft as sudden disappointment dimmed the light of her mirth. "You already finished? I thought we were going to do the punishment together."

Her smile faltered as she gazed towards the mare. By no means had Erthë looked forward to the disgusting task Tembovu had come up with as punishment for absence, but she had been delighted at a chance to spend more time with a person she knew very little of. The Edge was growing into a big herd, indeed, and Erthë found that it was growing harder and harder to spend more than a few brief moments with any one person. Though she recognized the face and name of many it would be a lie to say she knew them, not like she knew her father or Murtagh or...

Like Tembovu before her, Erthë looked about for the antlered gentleman with the lantern but saw him nowhere.

"You didn't have to do this alone, you know - if you but told me what you were up to, I would have helped."

There were no accusations in her tone but Erthë couldn't quite mask the disconsolation she felt at being left out, even from such an unpleasant task. Was it perhaps that Arah disliked her presence? Was she bothering the mare with her presence somehow, and that was why she preferred to undertake the foul, heavy labor alone rather than together? The thought was unexpectedly painful, for Erthë felt nothing but curiosity and friendship towards this new herd mate, who for all the filly was concerned could be another member of a vast and sprawling family.

Waiting for the rain I'm bracing for the thunder
A twig that wouldn't sway in the wind

Sorry, I didn't get the tag! :o

@Arah

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
The figure of Tembovu emerged through the trees. Despite her current state she stood proud, eyes keenly watching him approach. Lips and tongue warmly rumbled her name in greeting. Front knees bending and elegant neck gracefully dipping she bowed to her liege. As she was released from his gaze, Arah turned towards Wynter. The griffin had roused from her sleep and was staggering her way over to Arah's side. The griffin glanced between her and Tembovu. 'Leadránach rí nua'. Shooting a glance towards the snowy creature, the doe frustratedly responded, 'ciúin'. Looking up in time Arah found her gaze caught in the blue again. "Of course." With a smile she elaborated. "I was eager to make amends." The doe hoped the 'not scrub poo from the cliffs' was strongly implied. At his next world Arah tilted her head, such curiosity. "I did not wake him." Golden orbs blinked and she turned to study her handy work. The cliffs would be a nice place to walk tomorrow morning, romantic even. "This was my punishment, I decided to bear the burden alone." It had been noble for him to speak for her. It would more than she could bear if he was to also join her in the actual punishment. Also she'd learnt to endure her punishments, not share them amongst others.

She was not a perfect being, but she was honest and accepted the cards that were dealt.

His short breath, brought her gaze back again. The doe shifted uncomfortable under his gaze, those blue orbs tracing over the odd dark smudge that stained her. A lopsided smile crossed his muzzle, good natured chuckle. The doe studied him, "That would be..." The young voice that cute her off was riddled with tones both accusatory and teasing. Arah turned to the young speaker, a smile now tugging at her chops. The small soul limped as she picked her way towards the two. Concern filled Arah as she watched the movements. "I'm sure Tembovu only had my best interests in mind." Eyes flittered over the girl, "through perhaps I should summon Tilney to tend to you?"

The doe shook her head. "No, there was no need for use to do it together." She gazed the the girl, listening to the rest of her words. Allowing a smile to soften her features, she tried to guess the girl's feelings and sooth any hurt feelings. "Once I have cleaned myself up, you and I can go for a walk." She offered, eyeing the unique girl, horned, winged and the essence of lightness. Wynter clicked her beak, her patience having finally expired. Nodding to both, Arah smiled brightly. "I'm headed off to bathe," Eyes flittered towards Tembovu then Erthë. "I shall see you after."

Create loud silences, make the world believe in you.

@Tembovu - Thought it was best to finish this thread here. Arah's gotta bathe.
@Erthë - If you want to/have time to start a thread with Arah then please do! :D
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Navy eyes darted between the pale doe and the equally pale griffin as glances were exchanged between the two bonded. His brows raised in silent question, but he did not prod the Sage for particulars of whatever transpired between her and Wynter. ”I did not wake him.” Her answer drew even more of a questioning gaze from the King— did she and Tilney spend their nights together?

Shadows crossed the navy gaze. Jealous not because Tilney had Arah’s affection— but jealousy reigned in the Elephant’s head because his own nights were spent in solitude. He lightly shook his skull; he did not sleep enough to share a night with another, anyhow. These thoughts were pointless and destructive, he did not begrudge Arah and her Moon Doctor happiness.

“Tembu! That's such a lewd thing to suggest!”

Dark eyes widen, snapping to the suddenly appeared, limping yearling. “Erthe,” his low voice is lilted, awkward, “I— I only meant—“ but the filly is grinning widely towards Arah, mischievousness painted across her bright, young face. So, his gaping, faltering lips close— halting whatever explanation he was going to fumble through.

His disconcerted gaze snapped to Arah, as she smiled and dismissed any perverted notions he might have had. Of which there were none, he reminded himself. He had only wished to somehow repay to woman for her prompt work, and assuage some of the guilt that lingered at this being his punishment.

A flustered breath pushed out of his nostrils, “Her legs have already been tended to by our healers,” he said abruptly, eyes glancing between Arah and Erthe’s crooked legs. He then glanced towards the Wynter and her clicking beak, before quickly nodding as Arah announced she was heading off to bathe.

His eyes rested for a moment on the filly, “Erthe, if you would like your own punishment, then I am certain I can find you something,” was his final remark, voice returning to their usual, low rumble as a single brow raised at the cheeky yearling. A small, lopsided grin crossed his face before he, too began to fade back into the trees.
He paid for his sins. He was saved.
But some sins haunt us no matter how much we pay.

I had to reply, SORRY XD

Please tag Tembovu.