the Rift

[OPEN] Carry on, Carrion [joining]

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
The two women had left him in the Threshold, high and dry. It was not an unusual state for the goliath of a stallion— when one spends as much time as him chasing mares, then the fates predicted many ‘high and dry’ times. Still, despite being accustomed to this predicament, he still did not enjoy it.

So, naturally, he took flight after them. Though one flew west, towards the setting sun, while the other flew due south. Obviously, they couldn’t make it easy for the poor fellow. So, despite the quiet allure of the south-bound maiden, he had experienced the women of Uumalah and they knew how to please a man. Why risk it failure with the downcast woman of gilded eyes? Yes, her beauty was undeniable. And yes, her self-doubt was held a unique attraction; but he was not a stallion who enjoyed coaxing and encouraging a woman beneath him. (Though, truth be told, he’d a mare any which way. But, if he had his choice, a timid mare was not his preference.)

So, in his moments of indecision, the white siren of the desert flew hard and fast away from him. So much lighter and more athletic was she than he, that her head-start quickly turned into a deplorable lead, leaving the heavy giant far behind her. And, after his long travel to get to Helovia, he needed to rest shortly after taking flight.

Thus, it was far behind the rose-lipped woman that his hoof finally shattered a small shard of glass. Raptor eyes look down at his dark hoof, a few shining shards caught in the orange-red feathers of his leg. He dismissed it— so many things were caught in his mane, tail, feathers, and hair. What was glass?

Stark white ears flick forward, yellow eyes sweeping through the mists and trees, “This fog’s bound to get annoying,” his gruff murmur was meant for himself before his lips truly parted and a low, guttural, stallion’s roar called over the lands.

Here he was. Now, where was his rose?

graasvoel

@Orithia and open to any. Come meet my monster >:D

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Orithia Posts: 59
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
ORITHIA

She had landed quite some time ago, her flight path leading her to cut through the low-hanging mists of the World's Edge and alight upon the remnants of the wall. It was there that she had taken a moment to decide whether to wrangle the behemoth on her own or to immediately alert her Elephant King. The decision had been an easy one, what with her undying loyalty to her King and her undying hatred toward the winged plains-rats.

So it was as the sun had began to slip below the tree tops that the blushed Pegasus was alerted to the arrival of her most-esteemed guest.

The trumpeting sound of his summons reverberated through the trees and caused a shiver of disgust to trace its way down her spine unbidden; the stallion sounded nothing like her valiant mfalme, did he? No, no, it wasn't plausible, she was merely tired from the long trek home and the echoing call had been distorted by the forest. Shaking her head as if to rid herself of her own thoughts, the pale maiden began to pick her way toward the unmistakable scent of Dorobo.

"Quiet down, mabonde panya, you're going to disturb the citizens and I promise that they are not as kind as I." Orithia decided that the white lie couldn't hurt much in the long run, and though her herdmates were a strong people, not all of them enjoyed conflict as much as she did. "Welcome to the World's Edge, the denizens of this land will welcome you as one of their own as long as you don't overstep your place here. I recommend you learn what that place is and learn it well."

She didn't bother with masking the threat.

@Graasvoel @Elsa

mabonde panya - plains rat
[Image: ypCJIiV.png]
Honestly, kick her ass at any time. Seriously.
Any and all aggressive and non-aggressive contact permitted.
Please no permanent injury or death. We'll get to that part at some point.
xoxo

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

She was behind with everything- and even that was a gross understatement. Lately, even admits all the good things her depression had been kicking up leaving her barely hanging onto her sanity at the outskirts. So much was evolving within Helovia, and it was making her head spin in endless circles. One day she'd get a grip and be able to go an entire year without a mental degradation.

So a call, which rudely interrupted her inner turmoil, turned her attention elsewhere. She followed the sound, only to find Orithia and another unknown male with her. Neither seemed in a particularly joyous mood so she approached cautiously. A small, civil smile plastered onto her perfect little face as she greeted the unknown stallion before her. "Welcome to the World's Edge. I see you've met one of our warriors-" Elsa eyed Orithia carefully, gauging her reaction on why this male was with her. Was he threshold-fresh meat, or an unwanted guest?

Either way, she was confident in her ability to handle either situation. Frankly though, the fighting was preferable to being friendly. There was just something about unbridled anger and rage that just got the blood flowing. Oh how morbid your thoughts are Elsa. "My name is Elsa, Queen of the World's Edge. What brings you here?" Her attention swung back to the oddly colored stallion. She tried to muster as much peppiness as she could, but right now, she sounded so monotone and flat that she bored herself. The sooner this was over with, the sooner she could go back to her self-thrown pity party.

@Orithia 
@Graasvoel 

Sorry for the wait -flail-
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

smitty

“Mabonde panya’?” A bawdy laugh roars from his chest as the pale desert rose appears from the mists, “I’d think Uumalah taught you better,” his chuckling intersperses his gruff voice, amusement still plain on his starkly white face. This pale, winged woman’s moxie was entertaining (but perhaps he found most women entertaining)— though it left him with a quickly sinking feeling that her back was a place he would have to work to get upon.

Still, his bold amusement lingered as he continued, “As kind as you, Ori?” a lopsided smirk crossed his dark muzzle as he christened her nickname, “Tell me, makali, what exactly is your place, here?” But his joking, somewhat flirtatious questions was answered by another white woman who appeared. But this one was accented in cool tones, unlike the warm blush of the desert born dove.

Yellow eyes sweep the body of the Queen, and the bastard son does not forget his manners, despite his futile attempts to do so. But he was the son of a noble tradesman— at least noble in name, if not in actions. So his heavy head dipped low, small tufted beard swaying— but his eyes still remained on the Icebound, some parts of him rebelling against his upbringing, as he took in her lithe muscles that were so at odds with her soft curves. Intriguing. He wondered how athletic a Queen she was—

His thoughts are broken into as he realizes that he needs to actually answer the royalty before him, “It’s an honor, Queen Elsa. I am Graasvoel, but all call me Gaal. I followed this fine wariorress,” his dark muzzle motioned towards Orithia, “from the edges of Helovia to join the World’s Edge.” He pauses, his gruff voice lulling as he realizes just how exhausted he was. Chasing this fleet, winged woman to the Edge after traveling to Helovia all the way from Korofi— his wings drooped slightly at the thought of it, “I’d be indebted for a place to rest,” his suddenly exhausted face sweeps between the two, beautiful women he was so lucky to find himself in the company of.

makali= sharp edge
graasvoel

@Orithia @Elsa

Eris
ORITHIA

A hiss slipped through clenched teeth at the guffaw spilling from the stallion's mouth. He had no right to happiness within these borders just as his clan had made sure that she had no right to happiness trapped within Uumalah's walls. The smirk that twisted at his mouth made her want to retch - all of him made her want to retch. His voice was grating and bloated with ego; it caused an acrid, choking smoke to coil in her belly -

A vaporous serpent snapping and twining about her innards, forcing her limbs into a rage-filled paralysis.

Oh, how her mind toyed with imagery of him at her feet, begging and begging for the sweet release of death. How her conscious twisted at the strands of reality to shred that lovely rouged skin into strips of bloodied flesh. How sweet would it be to watch him fall, to be the one that orchestrated his demise. Another hiss as he dubbed her a sharp edge in his native tongue, another furious blaze coursing through veins at his words; the mention of Uumalah, the patronizing tone of his voice as he asked after her place.

Her place was with her hooves at his neck.

Her thoughts came rushing to the forefront, perched patiently upon the tip of her tongue only to be interrupted by the arrival of her Queen. Elsa's continuing absences had been noted and Orithia couldn't help but nurture a sort of questioning concern for her leader. The icy mare's welcome, while pretty enough in word composition, fell flat in tone and Orithia resisted the urge to question her sovereign.

Just as quickly as her concerns rose, they were tamped down by the Plains Rat's words, his voice trussed up in honey and sunlight. Pastel eyes narrowing, the blushed mare clicked her teeth a few times in an amused sort of distaste, "What he means is that he has tired from the pleasure houses in Uumalah and has grown bored with the whores in his fathers' harem and he has come to Helovia seeking more to pillage and more to deflower." She resisted the urge to spit at his hooves, to lash out at his devilishly handsome face, to dig into his flesh with her teeth.

To castrate him.

"Tembovu comes from the same plains, I thought it would be better for the Rat to remain under the watch of those who knew their ways. What say you, Elsa?"

@Graasvoel @Elsa
xoxo

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

@Orithia
@Graasvoel

So what exactly had she just walked into? Elsa was quite amused at the obvious hatred (or maybe strong attraction) between the two. Orithia seemed unimpressed, and also irked by his general aura. A smirk danced across her features as her mind wandered to what could have possibly made her so... bitter towards his arrival. With her comment and all, maybe they had a little lovers spat. How odd the minds place was.

But her latter suggestion seemed to drive the point that she wanted him gone as soon as possible. It wasn't lost on her though, because the idea was smart. With whatever friends Tembovu had, he sure seemed to be dragging them back. And maybe, just maybe there was a tinge of jealousy at the notion that Tembovu had been around an abundance of whores- or so Orithia seemed to imply. Part of her wanted to play detective and see just how much this man knew about his fellow home-dweller.

"You are more than welcome to stay- assuming you can do your part. It seems that our lovely warrior over here has taken a liking to you." Elsa smirked, glancing back at the pale spitfire for a brief moment before continuing. "But she has a good point. Tembovu has brought back other who I believe is from his lands, maybe you could find someone you are familiar with? Either way, its not necessary to report to him, but he may be a good start. Otherwise, if there is a job you are interested, I could always point you in the direction of someone who would be good to talk to." After that long winded explanation she fell silent. She felt that maybe she should continue the conversation, but sadly, just like her lack of presence here, her social skills seemed to dwindle tenfold. It wasn't helpful that she wasn't very smooth with her words in the first place. 

(ignore her, she's assuming a lot xP)
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

smitty
If the man had known how violent and vicious (for not even the dangerous glint of her coral eyes belied how dark and twisted her thoughts had become of him) perhaps he might have stayed his tongue and sought reprieve with other, less savage and more willing mares.

Regardless, the hulking, winged giant was reliably blinded to the dangers of a beautiful woman’s flesh. So his yellow, raptor gaze swung away from the certain death of Orithia to the sweet smirk of his new Queen— but his attention is jerked back by the annoyed clicking of the desert rose’s teeth.

His brows raise as he, again, openly and loudly laughs at Ori’s vicious words. “I assure you, had I visited Uumalah’s pleasure houses before arriving, I would not have had the strength to follow you across Helovia, makali,” his own crass humor meets her lewd words— but the smallest of frowns taints his muzzle at the thought of his father’s whores. He does not delve into that, for his own dam was one of them. And he may be addicted to the pleasure that looms between a woman’s legs, but he is not so sick as to seek it from his own mother.

She then speaks a name— a name that the Icebound also speaks as if he should know it. “Tembovu?” His rough voice questions. “If he is from the plains, then I do not know of him. I am from Korofi, the mountains. We leave the wingless to their flatlands. It’s far less… pleasurable,” again, he chuckled as his yellow eyes dart to Ori and a great wing stretches out, primaries playfully seeking to brush the bristling skin of the dove. Indeed, few Dorobians visited the desert oasis, but the winged horses of the plateaus easily frequented it.

His heavy head cocked, feathers ruffling, “I’ve been a vagabond for a long time. But I come from tradesmen. Perhaps I could see if I remember how to make things?” His gruff voice grew thoughtful for a moment, before he continued, “But first, I’d like a nap.” He grinned roguishly at both mares.

graasvoel

@Orithia @Elsa We can end it here or we can continue <3

Eris
ORITHIA

She was forced to take a calming breath as her Queen, her supposed ally spoke of a supposed liking toward the disgusting wretch she had all but dragged to the World's Edge. Betrayed, Orithia flashed the snowy mare a scalding glare and felt herself take an involuntary step back, distancing herself physically and therefore symbolically from the infuriatingly handsome stallion and his infuriatingly hideous personality. With a huff, the pale Pegasus spent the remainder of Elsa's monologue staring grumpily at the Plainswalker's overtly hairy hooves, displeasure practically oozing from her pores.

It was clear that her concerns wouldn't be taken seriously by the fairer of her sovereigns, the lack of suspicion toward the mammoth stallion causing Orithia's faith in her monarch to waver. The pink tinged woman already spent every spare moment watching over Hawezi, pacing her way through the trunks and boughs as he slept and snapping at any errant mammal that could wish him harm; she had no time to keep an eye on the newest member of her herd. Teeth gritting in frustration, Orithia felt the violence drain from her body upon a wave of exhaustion, her body reminding her that yes  she was flesh and bone and blood and that yes she needed to rest at some point.

At the sound of her newest nickname - one in a slew of hundreds, if she was being truthful - the mare's head snapped up and her attention was drawn toward Graasvoel and his piss-yellow gaze. Pastel eyes rolling in exasperation, the woman gave a halfhearted mimicry of the stallion's terrible sense of humor, face twisted in derision.

Oh, ho ho ho, pleasure. Oh, hee hee hee, I'm a big fat Korofi and I can't go three minutes without a poor attempt at sexual innuendos. Chuckle, chuckle, mother-cursing chuckle.

Orithia was sure that her face would be stuck in a permanent frown after her exchange with the giant idiot, but she couldn't find enough energy to care; at least it had the potential to make her look fearsome. With another roll of her pupilless eyes and a stifled yawn, the mare turned in the general direction of her sleeping quarters - nothing fancy, just a circular copse of birch trees toward the southern borders of the World's Edge that she had cleared in the center and had been working toward beautifying. It wasn't much, just a grassy space big enough for her wings to stretch before falling into the sweet oblivion of sleep, but it was hers.

She began the short trek at a leisurely pace, tossing her voice over her shoulder as she moved, "My thanks for welcoming the rat, Elsa, go play with your beautiful boy. Gods know that's preferable to wrangling strangers." Pausing in her steps, the dove twisted around to pin Gaal beneath a single coral eye, "I'm off for a nap myself and I'd be loath to let you wander about and terrorize my people. You're not quite welcome, but you'd be tolerated in my quarters."

And with that, she was off.

@Graasvoel @Elsa
We can end it here if y'all would like or you can do your parting posts<3
xoxo