[PRIVATE] you'll come back when they call you

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

Asavvi
No kiss, no gentle word could wake me from this slumber
Until I realize that it was you who held me under

The Sun ruled here, even as it did in the Dragon's Throat, but there was something so foreign about this place. On her island home the sands rose and fell in ever-shifting waves. broken by the oasis and the constant movement of bodies; it was as much an ocean as the waters surrounding it, full of all the pulsing, heaving life, all the violence of it. Here all was calm and though there was water and sand, all that she saw was light. The silence, the stillness,  sewn together as seamless and the earth and sky, oh to Asavvi this was paradise.

War. Her mother had told her that even as Asavvi and her brother had been only a stirring in Megaera’s womb, their mother had seen the Sun do battle here. Asavvi did not recall those memories, even though the tickled on the edge of her senses, she willfully shut them out. She had seen war, had stood amidst battlefields that spanned generations. From the first she had seen in the Labyrinth, she called them up again and again, wherever she could find them, trying to understand what her mother and father must know. IT was too much, she didn’t want to see anymore. They said ‘sacrifice’. They said ‘honor’. They said ‘glory’. All Asavvi had seen was pain.

Here in the the flats she could forget that. here she could just stand, surrounded by salt and sky, and wait for the sun to go down. The stars would come out then, the brilliance of the heavenly canvas reflected in the shallow waters. Stars upon start and she would add hers to throng and there, she knew, would be true glory: an angelic anthem of silent light. In the morning she would make her way home again (just because she didn’t always understand her family didn’t mean that she did not love them dearly) but first she would wait. Yes, she would wait.

Photo and Table by Time

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
This place was his. Now, however, it was in this new world. Unlike the others that came through the portal of the Rift, this creature was alone and scared and chose to stay within the Flats rather than attempt to explore the foreign realm. Timid, he had skittered away whenever a stranger approached his hiding place. Now, however, many seasons had passed and he had become accustomed to this Helovia.

He had not, however, interacted with any natives.

One was coming. She walked on legs like stilts, tall and elegant and young. His light ears perked up, his wiry body stiffening some as he contemplated his options. Did he skitter away, like he had done always; or, did he stay, talk to her? His head lowered, bird-like eyes narrowing some as he thought. His feathers ruffled, tail flicking behind him. Whatever he was, he was oddly handsome. Small, downy feathers covered his body instead of hair, and his wings were large like a pegasus. He had tri-toed hooves and a small-ish, Arabian-like head. His eyes were more like a bird's than a horse's, but his ears were immeasurably equine. He had a mane and a tail, though long white feathers mixed with thick, curly hair. He was mostly white, with some glistening blues and silvers mixed through his feathers.

When she took a step toward him, he took a step toward her. "Hello, His voice was sing-song and sweet, and though he stood taller and broader than her, he was unthreatening.

@Asavvi

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

Asavvi
No kiss, no gentle word could wake me from this slumber
Until I realize that it was you who held me under

The star-seeker was content to wait in solitude. The gods only knew where her deep well of patience came from, with all of her blood so action driven, but even from the first Asavvi had never minded waiting. Whatever she waited for would come, she was always assured of that... Or at least what was meant would come to pass, whether it matched her desires or not she would be content to know that to world always had new surprises in store. The lack of company was not a lack at all. As much as she enjoyed being around others it was just exhausting, and a day to herself was like taking a few deep breaths after a long run.

The sing-song salutation graced her ears and had the maid turning, all pleasant smiles even as she heaved a little sigh. Time to start running again. she thought, and immediately chided herself for the ungenerous thought. The interest of the interloper, added the the aforementioned patience, allowed Asavvi to forgive the intrusion almost instantly and she greeted the horse?, bird?, man with her usual deft politeness. 

Turning to face him she gave a little bow of her head to the taller man and spoke in soft tones."Good day, sir! I hope I have not disturbed you. My name is Asavvi of the Dragon's Throat, daughter of The Sunspear and Einarr the Gladiator.” She didn’t think twice of giving her parents names, with no deeds to her name (and little enough ego) they where her customary means of identifying herself. No doubt someday her siblings would have enough notoriety that “twin to Nizho” or “sister of Mordecai” would say enough about who she was.

Photo and Table by Time