the Rift

[OPEN] Learning from the past [Lesson]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

"Don't you know you're everything I have?"

The sun would rise behind her at any moment, pausing for a moment she watched the warming orange spread out across the pale blue spies. Smiling softly she paused in her morning's work and glanced back to Wynter. Unusually the griffin had agreed to help her this morning, perhaps her companion was just glad Arah had decided to begin intergrading with her new herd. The doe had decided to begin fulfilling one of her duties and with the recent influx of foals she decided it would be a great time to give a lesson. With a hopeful sigh she tugged at the straps on her light silver armour and let it tumble gently to the ground. Wynter assisted with the chains and then laid it out neatly before the doe. "An gceapann tú go beidh mé a chaitheamh riamh arís?" Wynter cocked her head as she turned her attention from the glistening ornate armour to Arah. 'Níl a fhios agam.' Nodding she looked back down upon the armour, "tú riamh a fhios cad atá i ndán." The future was uncertain, clouded and not clear to anyone. Although apparently the seer was sometimes given visions of the future. The doe paused in straightening out the armour wondering if that would a blessing or a curse. Perhaps a question for when it actually came to the point when she was faced with the opportunity to seen into the future.

Once the armour was laid out and the sun had begun rising and other's were stirring she'd decided it was time to summon the youngsters. It might be nice to give the mothers and fathers a sleep in, knowing their young ones where being supervised for a while, she knew how early foals rose and began to wonder. Sinking to the ground she folded herself behind the armour and nodded at Wynter. "See who you can find." Spreading her wings wide the griffin took off with ease, her pale body gliding through the trees and disappearing within moments. Tilting her head back slightly she raised her voice, the soft, musical sound cutting through the cold morning air. "Come, come learn about your home little ones!" Now she would wait and see if anyone would be interested in learning from her. The doe hoped the curiosity of the young would tempt them.

Art by Frostie @ DA

@d'Arcy @Enyo @Erthë @Hawezi @Hera @Kvasir @Laume @Libertad @Naerys @Oizys @Uriel @Viserra

- Sorry about the double tag guys! For some reason you were all PMed when I saved a draft.
- This is not compulsory.
- This is a lesson for the youngsters, in order to get some IC background information on The Edge.
- This lesson we will be looking at the invasion of the Hidden Falls by the past Edge leaders and the Basin and how Tembovu and Elsa became our current leaders.
- Anyone else is welcome to join the lesson.
- Permission to power play Wynter.
- You have until the 23/4 to respond.
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Daybreak, as usual, found the Elephant King already awake and roaming the Edge. It was a pleasant sunrise— not so quiet that it slipped into daylight unnoticed, but not so colorful that it forewarned of an ominous day. The stallion nodded softly to himself, unconsciously doing so as he affirmed his internal assessment of the daybreak.

His ear flicked backwards as soft, metallic sounds jangled into the morning’s calm. Strange. Few were awake and moving at this hour— especially within the Lady Moon’s lands, many found their activates took them well into the night, slumbering late into the morning and missing the Sun’s entrance entirely.

A pale glint in the sky drew his attention upwards; the warm, soft sunlight glimmering on slick wings. His gaze narrowed against the glare; wings of a griffin? Was it Edgar? He blinked. No, these pale wings had paws and a mane attached. His mind worked, trying to remember— Arah’s companion. He did not know the griffin’s name, but he recognized the warm, pale body. Not many griffins graced the Edge.

His head tracked backwards, to where the wings had come from. That was the general direction from which the faint, metallic noises had sounded. Onyx and ivory legs slowly begin to move; “Come, come learn about your home little ones!” His long, sweeping strides were guided by the soft melody, distinctively Arah’s.

Finally catching sight of the pale beauty amid the trunks, his great skull dipped in greeting, navy eyes closely studying the delicately sculpted face of the lovely doe. “Arah,” he said quietly, an amused and warm grin pervading his words, “Do you mind if I join as one your pupils?”

Mbwene closely watched the beauty from beside her bonded, torn between wanting to run her trunk through those silken, soft-looking strands and waiting for the woman's answer.
Tembovu

Tembo needs to hear about the invasion, and wants to hear what Arah has to say about the new leads ;)

Please tag Tembovu.

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

O I Z Y S & K E R

Ker does not like the Big Thing that soars above, caressing the sky in ways she can only dream of.

She hisses and spits, launching herself from Oizys' back and bombing upwards towards the griffin, but the filly commands her to stop with a single flick of her mind. The thing, half-cat half-bird, seems to be leading both the gargoyle and her bird towards something, away from Mother's sleeping and oblivious form. Whatever it is, it must be interesting, and the young goddess' heart thrums with excited anticipation.

The early morning air nips the filly's flesh as she breaks into a trot, giving a little high-spirited buck to release some of her compressed energy. Her lion-like tail swings behind her and she snorts great gulps of fresh Edge air, her trot flowing easily into a ground-eating canter the moment she's out of Mother's earshot. Ker swoops low, her sharp eyes still fixed warily on the griffin. She has recently discovered flight, but has not yet mastered it; aerial dominance will take time, and the eaglet, like her bonded, is still young. Her wingbeats are frantic, uncultured, but the potential is there - like it is in the scar-faced filly below.

Eventually, the griffin leads them to their target. It is a mare, her head antlered, her body adorned with silver armour; the gargoyle's eyes gleam greedily at the sight of it. It looks magnificent, and the girl wants. Ker circles, lands heavily on Oizys' broad withers, and the duo look between Antler-Mare and the elephantine King-Stallion who greeted them when her dam brought her and Enyo here. What is it the antlered one has to tell the herd's children?

She says nothing, simply looks between the pair with narrowed cold grey eyes, tail twining lazily around her ankles.

image credits

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Laume Posts: 18
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1yr
Goatfairy
OOC: My laptop charger still hasn't come in so I'm having to write this post on my phone, apologies for lack of sexy table! If you need to shoot me for post crappiness feel free. Lol

LAUME was being a tad bad today. Ok, fine, probably more than a tad. But really...She'd only slipped out for a bit while Mother had been resting. It was totally fine though because she'd be back before she was even noticed gone (Mother napped a lot). 

It didn't take her long to find some entertainment, though, in the form of a trail of ants. Her little eyes grew wide with wonder as she watched them carrying chunks of leaves ten times their size. How was something so astonishing possible? Could all creatures achieve such feats? She would have continued to ponder this fact if it hadn't been for the hoofsteps she heard suddenly coming her way. 

Panic siezed the little filly. She would be in sooo much trouble if Mother found her wandering again! Yellow eyes flung about wildly, looking for a hiding spot, before alighting on a bush of sufficient size. She skillfully hops behind it to, hopefully, avoid her fate. 

Thunk, thunk, thunk come the steps...of unfamiliar size. Curious, her head peeps around the side of the bush to find the figure of the massive stallion who had been at her birth. But, this time, he walks with a little companion about her size! It was all weirdly shaped though and seemed incredibly fat.. Too fat for a foal. 

Distracted from her ant-watching she quietly follows him on his journey of unknown destination, hiding behind various things as she went, so that she might watch the strange creature a bit longer. It had a long, funny looking nose that would make these farting noises every once in a while. She wondered if that was, indeed, how the thing farted.

At some point in her observations, she forgot to keep hiding efficiently and so, briefly, one might be able to see a pair of massive butterfly wings sticking out of a bush or from behind a tree.... Her little nose was about to playfully boop the funny-looking-thing on its hind end when the burly stallion came to a sudden halt, causing her own body to be set on course to run straight into his bum... 

Her little head peeks around (possibly with his tail on her head, should she run into his bum) to find there are several other horses already gathered here. Refusing defeat, she puts on her brightest smile and says, with great enthusiasm,  "Hello everyone, great day, is it not?"
-Please Tag Laume In  All Posts So Her Sassy  Ass Doesn't Forget!-

Enyo Posts: 27
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14hh :: 2
Onei :: Gyrfalcon :: None M.E.

A griffin leads your sister. Your sister leads you.

She abandons mother to her sleep, lost in dreams and bitter morning cold, and would’ve left you too if you hadn’t shifted yourself out of your dreams in just the nick of time. “Psst, hey!” you whisper after her, but the girl is going, going, going, and you scramble as quick and quietly to your feet before she is gone.

You wonder what that thing is that she’s following (it’s a griffin, I said that earlier, but you don’t know that quite yet). It really doesn’t matter to you anyway, besides the fact that you don’t know—but you’re confident that you will learn, eventually. Somehow, at any rate. One day. Probably.

It’s a tiny throng that you come to, led by a woman (now, she must be old enough to have kids!) with a pretty white coat and even prettier silver armor lying about in front of her. You also notice the Great Big King who allowed you roomspace, and your sister is rude of course, and you understand why, and you wish, for a second, that you could allow yourself to be rude as well. “Hello,” you say with a genteel lisp, so appropriately little-girlish, acknowledging the king as one must when one’s in their presence. You’re getting this whole poise thing down quite well. “Good morning,” you say to the woman, polite and polished and precious, “my name is Enyo,” you offer, because you’re quite sure you’ve never seen this woman before.

So many white-pelted ladies here in the Edge. It makes you pause. You’re so black, so totally and completely covered in night-fur, and something tugs at you anxiously, wondering how something so dark and proud can fit in the silken mists?
”Hello everyone, great day, is it not?”

Oh my goodness, how perfectly ridiculous!

You look up, and smile despite yourself. You cannot help it. It is the ghost of laughter that you keep bottled up good and tight and proper inside, because it’s rude to outright laugh in someone’s face. But you cannot help it! She’s such an awful, unfortunate creature! Good lord, look at her coat! Spotted and splotched with little bits of mud—and those wings! Oh my goodness, those wings. You do not think you’ve seen something so stupid in your life. It’s no wonder you’re struggling not to laugh—the child looks as though she is a walking, breathing clown! And of course, as she bumps into the King’s rear end, that’s exactly how it must seem.

“Yes it is a great day!” you answer her with pristine glee; you press your nose into Ozzy’s chest as though cold, and you allow a trickle of giggling to rest there in her pelt. “She’s so ugly,” you breath into the crook of your sister’s neck as you fight off the tears threatening to prick the edges of your eyes. The moment passes soon enough. You regain your composer, and yet you continue to press against Ozzy for another few moments. It turns out you really were cold.

"talk talk talk"

day1953@pbase
[Image: pixelcomm4_by_sourful-d9xl8aw.png]
Pixel by Sourful!

Please tag Enyo in all posts!
All force is permitted against her!

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld
Where There's No Law Tying My Heart From The Start

“Come, come learn about your home little ones!”

…I mean, I’m short. Kinda.

We were still here, even though it didn’t feel right, even though the season had to ‘o changed by  now. I could feel it in my bones that it was Birdsong already, but nah, nope, I guess not, not with all the cold and the shit. So I guess we had to stay for a little while longer.

Except no we didn’t, he didn’t have to do anything, we just could.

And Cheek didn’t like that I was using that loophole to stay like this.

I mean, he didn’t really care about saying goodbye, and giving back our asses’ weight in food, or whatever. He didn’t have that kind of moral compass. He was just ready to go and he was shocked that I wasn’t so when all them little kids were called for an early morning lesson, he stayed his ass right in that nest and kept sleeping cuz fuck it. He was still moping.

He’ll be cool guys. I promise. Just give him some time to come around.

But this meeting here was interesting to me on more levels than one; there was a history lesson that I was dying for and this seemed to be the perfect opportunity to get one. But I didn’t account for all the little children running around like that. Huh, okay, yeah, I did, it’s a children’s lesson for crying out loud. What I didn’t expect was how I felt about seeing them, all their little fuzzy asses scooting about, making my chest hurt with something like nostalgia, but that wasn’t what it was, not at all, it was another kind of emotion that I didn’t know I had for children. It just hurt, is all I know. It hurt and it made me want to watch them more.

“Do you mind if I join as one your pupils?”

And I spotted his big ass long before I even spotted the kids, and I don’t know how I felt about seeing him. Simultaneously great because he was turning out to be a friend after all, and shitty because I almost ditched his ass without a word. Almost. Somehow I’m still in this mother. “Yo, me too,” I called out, coming up to Tembovu’s side. Then I got paranoid and backtracked, “I-If that’s okay will y’all, y’know, if I ain’t gonna be a distraction…”

If I’m even allowed to still be here.

"talk"

thanks chan!

Hope y'all don't mind Ros learning a thing! :D

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

So innocent; pure & sweet.

Her teal eyes glistened and glimmered in the light of the sun. She was on her way through Edge, discovering the sites. Her and Tin usually never clung around home very often, but she could not resist the urge to be here today. Cream tresses softly flew in the cool motions of her movements. Her long tail kissed the frozen ground as she continued down her path. Raeclung to the small trails of Edge that the small deer creatures would wonder down. Tin happily trotted at her side as they came to a clearing.

Her heard the words of a soft female voice chime in the echos of their lands. Her hooves carried her to the creator of the angel like tone. Her silver flecked eyes smiled softly as she saw a beautiful gray mare. Her tall antlers towered over her feminine skull as she stood waiting. Raeden wondered over to see that the Elephant king stood waiting as well. A smile flooded across her maw as she moved to stand near the king. many childeren came from the bushes that surrounded the small opening. Her teal eyes lowered to look at all the small children. Hello all, I am Raeden. She chuckled looking to the gray with a soft expression then to her King. I hope you do not mind me joining . She looked to Tin who was excited to see Teb's companion once again. His small hooves quickly moved towards the gray creature with a warming look in his eyes. He squealed happily sniffing her gray shin and nudging her large ears.

Her eyes then caught the sight of an odd looking mare. She let her muscles tense up before feeling the good vibe that the mare gave off. She looked over her strange marking then smiled softly. Hello . She dipped her head softly looking to Teb to see how he would answer her question. She was unsure who this mare was, but if she is an outsider there must be no threat right? The King did not seem to angered with her yet, but she would have to wait and see how thing would go. Right now she was just interested in what ever the gray mare had to say.
speaking

Image Credits

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

"Don't you know you're everything I have?"

The first to arrive was Tembovu, his grand form emerging from between the trees. A smile lights up her face at his presence. Happy that despite the face she'd let him down, he'd shown to support her and was even willing to listen. "Yes, of course." The woman welcomed him warmly, gesturing to the empty spaces beside and in front of her. Should he decide to settle there was more than enough room for both of them. "We shall see how many turn up." Golden orbs scanned the trees waiting, part of her wondering if this was about to become a private tutorial. "I know that foals are terribly busy." The doe gave a musical laugh, the sound disappearing into the trees.

There's a sound and Arah's eyes snap to the figure, a filly and her companion arrive. Not wanting to scare her off Arah smiles at the girl, trying to encourage her closer and welcome her into the lesson. Another filly arrives, this one energetic (and thankfully) vocal. Laughing at how the girl had ended up tangled, the doe speaks to her. "Hello, come, come." Arah nods optimistically at the girl with butterfly wings. Gesturing towards the cleared area that she'd chosen. If they needed to rest their little legs this would be a good place to take a break. Two more fillies arrive, one introduces herself as Enyo. This girl appears to know the first filly that had arrived, the doe watches them closely. An icy bolt shoots through her heart as she releases they must be twins, their builds and looks too similar to suggest other wise. The smile upon her face turns slightly, eyes flick momentarily towards Tembovu. The doe does not want him to doubt her ability, now is not the time for her to collapse in front of him. Struggling to gather herself she takes a few deep breaths and is thankfully then saved by a spunky mare entering. At first she is bold, happily ready to take a part in the lesson, before she begins backtracking. "Please, join us." Arah choses to speak, this may be the Elephant King's lands but this was her lesson. She wanted all to fell welcome. The last to arrive is a pink mare, Raeden. "Of course not," she responds inviting the last mare in.

"Thank you for coming and welcome!" Her words are for everyone, eyes studying each in turn. My name is Arah, I'm a sage for The World's Edge. Today I thought we could learn about the past." It was true, a part of her job was to hold lessons like this. Yet so much could be learned from past events, even if you hadn't taken part. Stories were the most powerful teachings of all.

"This lesson we will learn about the most recent events that shaped this herd-land." Arah took a moment to allow her words to sink in, the more serious tone was to let them all know that the lesson was beginning. Nerves rolled through her stomach, it was strange to be the one teaching. Most of her time in Helovia had been spent following and listening to overs. "These events start with a triumvirate." Three leaders who played a role in changing the history of these lands. The doe wondered what that must feel like, to be the ones that had made the decision to leave and take a home from others. Well, she supposed, she'd helped them. "Before Tembovu and Elsa ruled over this land, it was watched by Kahlua, Kaj before Archibald joined them." Her golden eyes glaze towards Tembovu, wondering how much he knew. "As with all," her eyes return to the circle, studying each in turn. "They were strengthened by some traits and weakened by others. Yet each played a crucial part in ruling these lands." Pausing to take a breath she began to call back the memories of her past.

Blood.
Screams.
Explosions.
Africa's face.

"However they were not happy within The Edge. I believe their beliefs, wants and wishes no longer complied with our Goddess and so a decision was made." Not wanting to shine an ill light upon the Goddess the doe glossed over why. "Plans were made and then carefully put into play." The doe's voice grew somber as she remembered the events. "Firstly, a leader of The Hidden Falls named Midas was stolen and hidden away in Aurora Basin. This was done so another could appear as him." She'd known Midas before he'd passed away, they'd been friends. It was strange how things worked out. She remembered speaking to Midas' broken soul while he was held in the frozen prison, the way Thranduil had approached them and gloated. "Then the warfare began. On an afternoon of Tallsun, the mighty Archibald and gentle Kahlua approached The Hidden Falls. To those living within the Falls all appeared peaceful, they do not see the forces lurking in the shadows until it is too late." This was based on what she'd heard in passing, as she'd been lead by Deimos and Ophelia and had not seen the other party until they began attacking. "Archibald called forth the then Carina, Ghost. Meanwhile standing beside him is Thranduil magically appearing as the Czar Midas." This part of the plan had been both sly and cunning, even Arah had been impressed. She'd seen the golden stallion transform back into himself just for a moment before he'd become clad in armour. This had only taken moments after Archibald's war stomp. "With an almighty charge and war stomp Archibald leads the attack, his troops falling into step behind him."

"Unfortunately the Falls were widely outnumbered. You see Lord Deimos and the then Lady Ophelia, lead troops from Aurora Basin into the battle from another hidden entrance." Arah remembered Wynter braiding her hair as she approached land of waterfalls. "They had a guide, a man who had belonged to the Falls but betrayed his herd and helped the attacking forces." She'd not name him, there may be family members of Oxy living in the Edge. This lesson was not to bring ill upon his relatives. "The members of The Hidden Falls were attacked on two separate fronts."

"I also entered the battle. I remember the way it raged on well into the night. Much blood was split and many lives were torn apart that night." Gesturing to the armour that glittered in the rising sun she managed a slightly twisted smile. One day these youngsters might become troops of The Edge, inflicting their own mark upon another's soul. "It's something I hope you never have to see or participate in." Arah's hooves were bloody, there were certain things mere water couldn't wash away. The turmoil she'd felt about attacking had nearly tore her apart and yet she'd still taken part. She'd still caused Africa agony. The black and red feather woven into and hidden away under her mane wasn't a trophy, it was a reminder. "Both sides fought bravely, proudly and gallantly. Although unfortunately it was in vain for The Falls, they were crushed under the numbers of the invaders, ultimately loosing the day." Her voice grew quiet as the story drew to a close. "And so the land of the Hidden Falls welcomed new leaders and The World's Edge was in need of both a herd and leaders..."

Art by Frostie @ DA

- Thank you for the support guys!
- This will be really easy, I plan only only two teaching rounds (including this one) then you can leave or ask questions, anything you like!
- Posting order is a lie.
- My brain is mush, I apologise for how jumbled this is but I can't look at it any longer.
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Erthë had been far off along the cliffs when the call came. Not so much risen early as she was late to sleep, the filly had played a quiet game of stones as the darkness of the night faded towards morning, tired yet unwilling to give in to sleep. The interruption of the small griffin was a welcome one, but though she did her best to hurry, she still arrived late to the gathering. Unwilling to interrupt as Arah had already began to speak, the pale dove slipped in amidst the others on quiet feet, foregoing greetings save for a few nods and smiles of recognition. Little Enyo was there next to a foal that was so similar to her that Erthë for a moment wondered if she was seeing double - oh, so they were twins? Poor kids, but at least they have each other - and a few paces over she spotted Tembovu. There was a pretty unicorn mare there that was unfamiliar to the girl, and a curious little foal with butterfly wings - a newborn? Wonder who the parents are to make wings like that - and next to the King stood...

Erthë blinked and had to look again. She had never learned the name of the stocky black and white unicorn, but for one who had participated so faithfully in the Rift wars, she was a familiar sight. Favored by the Time God, a god-slayer worthy of awe... but what in the gods names was she doing here, of all places? Did she live here? Erthë did not think so, she had never seen the mare at gatherings before, but... the king didn't seem to mind her presence.

Puzzled and itching with curiosity Erthë stared at the demi-god for a while, but her attention was stolen away as Arah's words began to weave a tale of distant past. Thirst for knowledge was equal to, if not greater than her curiosity over the Sparklight's presence, and with a mental note to herself to try and catch the visitor for a chat she turned away, eyes coming to rest upon the fair features of the tutor.

It was a thrilling tale, indeed. Erthë listened with rapt attention, eyes glistening with interest as the ice-crowned lady spoke. There were gaping holes in the story, of course, and the history was only briefly outlined, but Erthë chose not to interrupt to ask questions. Not yet at least. Instead she tried to piece in the information she had gleaned from others before this moment, and found that a few it into the general picture of the puzzle. From the moment she had encountered the Goddess she had heard whispers and accusations towards the Dark Lady, muttered words of doubt, dislike, fickleness and murder. Arah did not say anything about why  Queen Kahlua and King Kaj felt uncomfortable in the Edge, but if the accusations of murder had any truth to them then Erthë thought she could understand their reluctance.

Still, she snorted at the thought. To abandon their Mistress over such a thing... trivial or not, was their love, their loyalty that feeble? Erthë disliked war as much as the next but she was certain that even if the Moon decided to take dominion over all the other herds and commanded the Edge to battle, she would continue to fight until the Lady was content - or die in the attempt to please Her.

But, she felt more questions rising as Arah went on. Impatiently the pale dove shrugged off the tutors wish to prevent war - Erthë had already fought and her fair skin was no stranger to the crimson stain of blood - and bit back an urge to inquire about the traitor, about the fate of Midas and whether the Lady Ghost was the same Ghost she had encountered on a windswept beach this summer past. What of Mauja's part in all this, and the self-exiled King Torleik's, and how did the fist mentioned rulers ascend their thrones?

There was so much Erthë did not know, so many gaps in her understanding of the proceedings of the past, and this so called lesson seemed to raise more questions than it answered.

Awaiting the continuation of the tale, the young girl leaned forward where she stood with ears trained on the soft-spoken unicorn, unwilling to miss a single word that fell from her pale lips.

Waiting for the rain I'm bracing for the thunder
A twig that wouldn't sway in the wind

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
The Elephant King cannot help but grin in reply to Arah’s musical laugh, though his attention is drawn to the approaching Oizys before he can reply to the graceful Sage. His grin falters slightly, a brow raising in surprise, at the cold and narrowed look of the filly. Navy eyes stare long and hard at the foal, thoughts trickling through his mind: such foals had a hard start to life, nearly eaten alive by vultures. Perhaps they needed guidance? His lips purse slightly.

As if fate wished to highlight the darkness of the orphaned filly, Laume appeared with her brightly fluttering wings and even brighter eyes— playfully flitting after Mbwene before running squarely into Tembovu’s hind leg. The King’s gaze, clouded by Oizys, cleared and warmed with humor, “Hello, little Laume,” his low rumble was laced with mirth.

Navy eyes shift to the smaller of the orphaned twins, who acted with grace unbefitting a child of so horrendous a start to life. Her smile is wide, her gleeful giggling against her sister’s pelt exuberant— almost overdone. Yet she is but a filly, still learning proper use of her legs, let alone properly situating into herself. So the King, after a nod of greeting and long, watchful look, dismisses the girl’s antics, turning to Ros as the stocky mare abruptly appears beside him.

A head cocked at her sudden backtrack, surprised that the outspoken and frank mare would question her welcome in the Edge— though he is saved from having to answer her as Arah spoke her words of welcome to the demigod. Tembovu merely nodded his great head in agreement, leaning his shoulder towards Ros’s in assurance, before turning his attention towards Raeden and Tin. Black lips part in a grin, “Raeden, Tin,” his greeting is simple. Mbwene’s is more exuberant— after eyeing the little filly who came so close to her and nosing around Ros for Chico, she trumpeted hello to the brightly colored cerndyr.

But silence fell as Arah’s musical voice takes a serious note. Navy eyes sweep to the delicate doe, watching and aptly listening as a tale of war fell from her lips. Though the Elephant knew vaguely of such things from Mauja, the sombre face of the Sage (the emotion in her words) gave a different meaning, a new weight, to the facts he had been told in passing conversation.

It was all to close to the King’s soul.

Ears tip back, though his darkening gaze does not leave Arah. So this what the aftershocks of fallen lands looked like. He had fled (coward). He had not faced the fall of Dorobo after causing it. The mention of Thranduil, the man who changed faces, caused another shadow to cross over the King’s face. The Laurelin knew him, knew the Edge, and had been within the herdlands. Unease trickled into his chest.

At the mention of a man betraying the Falls, his mind turns to Elsa— was that her old lover? The father to her children. To her other children, for he had a son with her now. More unease entered his chest— he could not let another betray the Queen; even himself.

His brows swept up as Arah revealed that she entered the battle, eyes darting to the delicate armor that glimmered beside her. He had not known Arah to fight— he did not pin the elegant woman as a warrior. But, he knew, anyone could turn tooth and hoof if given the write provocation.

As the Sage’s words dwindled, the giant found many questions boiling in his mind— but all of them were war-related, about tactics and strategies. Not questions to be asked in a foals’ lesson; nor did he know if Arah knew the answers. So the King’s lips remained shut, instead inwardly dwelling on the dark thoughts that pervaded his mind.
Tembovu

Please tag Tembovu.

Laume Posts: 18
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1yr
Goatfairy

S H E  is rather pleased with the decent response from everyone present. Yes, a thank you for not calling her out too hardcore was silently issued. The fact that the two fillies might be privately making fun of her hadn't the slightest effect. To put it bluntly: Laume gave zero fucks. They should count themselves lucky though for she was the mischievous brand of faerie when slighted. Little yellow eyes met the decidedly threatening side-eye directed at her by the  companion with amusement. To her, it wasn't a warning but an invitation for play. The invitation was momentarily set aside though, as Angel-Mare began to speak. The filly was yet inexperienced in these sorts of things, what with being only a few weeks old, but she felt as if the social cue here would be to sit still and listen. Laume quickly directed her attention to the story, her eyes wide at all the drama, but she was also one to note that much was left out. How could anyone ever feel "uncomfortable" in a place and not choose to just leave? What a silly notion.

The fae child lost focus again towards the end as her peripheral vision picked up the wagging tail of the little elephant. She fights it for a few moments but eventually gives in to slowwwwly, subtllyyyy, scooting sideways towards her feminine elephantine friend. (Ok, she wasn't really a friend yet, more a curiosity, but the filly realllyyy wanted to touch her, at least once. Come on, don't lie, you would too. Her skin just has to feel weird.) It is not long before little Laume reaches Tembovu's companion. She waits for a moment when the adults seem to be distracted to reach out her neck in an attempt to sniff Short-Fat's back. Its done fast as lightening and when she's done she has every intention of playing it out as if absolutely nothing happened(Well, only if the little thing doesn't fink of course.)

The primary mission completed, at last, Laume redirects her attention to Angel-Mare in the form of a question, "But, ma'am, why wouldn't the leaders just leave if they didn't feel comfortable any more? What would make them so uncomfortable in the first place? " Her eyes were wide with curiosity though, inside, there was a bit of mischievousness going on. Perhaps there was drama the adults were trying to avoid?

Horse Stock: AussieGal7@dA, BG Stock: DeletedAcct, Manip: ExquisiteIllusions@dA(me)
-Please Tag Laume In  All Posts So Her Sassy  Ass Doesn't Forget!-

Enyo Posts: 27
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14hh :: 2
Onei :: Gyrfalcon :: None M.E.

~.~.~.~
The group is joined by two others—one really ugly, really smelly woman (you can scent her all the way from where your sat, and you cannot help but wrinkle your nose a little) and other female who seems leagues more appropriate to be seen by the general populace. You watch everyone settle down and you melt somewhat against Ozzy’s side, getting comfortable—too comfortable—almost endangering yourself into going back to sleep. That is, until the narrative starts, and your eyes break open and wide, and your head goes into a careful, steady mode you have trained it to go into: it records.

The World’s Edge.

The Hidden Falls.

The Aurora Basin.

Czar Midas, now dead.

Lord Deimos; Lady Ophelia.

Archilbald, Kahlua, Kaj.

Thranduil, Ghost.

Battle’s fought, a betrayal.

A massacre.

War.

You document it all in your head. You spread a map in your mind, carefully placing names where they needed to be, making notes of who they were, what they did, why and how. Sinking it deep into our mind, etching it all into your memory. Knowing he would want to know it. “Where is the Aurora Basin?” you ask suddenly, “and where are the Falls?” You’ll need to place your map into real-life context, of course. Sometimes you feel this as naught but a game, but you know better.

You shift a little next to Ozzy, thinking over the narrative and Arah’s words. The World's Edge was in need of both a herd and leaders... “Why?” you pipe up, and you are potentially impudent, but you do not care, for you were invited to a classroom and you will receive the knowledge you seek. “Couldn’t this place be abandoned? Why does anyone need to live here?” It is earnest curiosity that moves your mouth now, and you wonder if there is a mortal law of the land that you are missing, or whether or not this herd was built solely on opportunists rather than something solid and familial.

"talk talk talk"

day1953@pbase
[Image: pixelcomm4_by_sourful-d9xl8aw.png]
Pixel by Sourful!

Please tag Enyo in all posts!
All force is permitted against her!