the Rift

Beat My Chest [OPEN SPAR]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
THE CLOVENHEART
on his own

Ashamin's breathing was heavy but cold. Orangemoon was rising, and with it the scent of the oncoming Frostfall was already filling Ashamin's nostrils. Perhaps he was willing it to exist, but he could not deny that when he woke the nights were emboldened with that unique chill he had always lived in and longed for.

His companions were restless. Rakt kicked out at the night sky as if it had woken him, or called him names. Lochan's gaze flitted nervously around the Blood Falls, ears catching every sound. The occasional squirrel darting unexpectedly across the earth was not the source of his concern, but rather he focused his attention on the Midnight Bats hanging from the trees. As much as Ashamin might have wanted it to be Frostfall, it was still Orangemoon. The Midnight Bats were not yet in the season of their hibernation, and Lochan feared they were hungry for blood. Though none had taken flight yet, and they seemed to prefer hanging from branches and staring with beady, glinting eyes, the cerndyr would not put it past them.

The Clovenheart, however, would not admit to being so wary. Besides, it was not the nature around him that put him at any sort of ease, but rather the lack of it. He had been alone for some time, left to contemplate his mythical encounters as of late. His usual practice of sparring and practicing his skills had fallen behind, and so he wandered now--outfitted with Mriga, his spinal piece, and necklace--in search of someone that might scratch that itch.

The sound of a hoof snapping on a fallen branch put all three at immediate attention, and their eyes all searched instinctively for the source of the sound. Rakt turned away quickly, pretending as if he did not care, and Lochan found his focus split as a bat rustled at his back. Ashamin, however, was undivided. His black eyes stared into the dark, seeing with eyes attuned to the night and aided by the glowing light of his own chest.

"Hello?" the wanderer called, his tone as hopeful as it was questioning, "show yourself, and let us keep the shadows at bay with a spar!"

""

image credits

Setting: The Blood Falls at night. Chill in the air but otherwise moderate weather. Midnight Bats are out on the prowl.
Notes: This is an open spar! I am more than happy to do teaching, just let me know in your post if you want it. Tagging @Mordecai @Einarr and @Abbadon, because all of them expressed interest at one point. If you post here to claim this, just let me know on skype and go ahead and post the stats for us.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead