the Rift

[OPEN] Can I come home, again? [Returning]

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

Fighting, bloodshed, is that all the real world seems to know? I call it the real world because my childhood had apparently been very sheltered and protected from such sights. Both real. Dae speaks in my mind. I glance down at my ever growing companion. She was right. Both were very much real, just two different versions of real for me. As for the bloodshed... Well I don't handle blood well. I have seen far to much of it in my short life to want to see any more. In fact, I want to heal those who are harmed. As we approached the herd boarder, I hesitated. Do I even belong here anymore? 

After all of the fights with the Rift Gods, I had fled Helovia. I took a stupid chance of trying to go back to my old home. To the place where my life had begun, and where I had been royalty. What a huge mistake that had been. It had not been long before I had been discovered outside the castle I had once called home. In chains I had been dragged before the new rulers. It was odd, to see the crowns my parents had once worn atop someone else's head. Neither one held antlers as I do. In fact, they didn't have antlers at all. One was an Equine, the other a Pegasus. Both had once been slaves under my parents rule. The Pegasus had wanted me dead on the spot, gleefully telling how both of my parents had met their doom in bloody detail. Even his counterpart was cringing. The equine however took pity. After all, I had not been the one to make the orders. I was just raised by those who did.

Instead, they compromised. I was made a slave, just as they had been and put under the cruelest slave master they had. My body shakes even now, thinking of the things he did it attempts to break my spirit. Not happen. I look down at Dae and thought back to her. I know, because of you it did not happen. Because of you, I stand here. Which was the truth. It was Dae being in my mind that helped keep me sane. It was also her that got me free. How I do not know. 

But that brings us back to the two of us, standing here. Slowly, I step over the dwindling shards of glass and call out softly. Anyone home?

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Calypso and Daenerys, coming back to the Edge <3
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]