the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Lotus & the Viper

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova

Matanye's shrill call rippled through the serene silence, her growing wings finally beginning to support her adult patterning, the creamy down feathers of her youth shedding to reveal stark white, pitch blacks and stunning hues of rich reddish copper. His second shadow, where ever the fatally beautiful bird was, the poisoner was never far behind.

Birdsong was a relief, thank goodness it'd decided to show up. Cold was never something Kiuaji had been particularly fond of, he much preferred warmth and cool breezes. Frostfall had brought out a winter coat on the androgynous stallion which had been anything but complimentary. A relief indeed, when the patchy coat had shed back to the sleek shimmering tones of Dorobo back onto his hide.

The stroll through the Edge was a way to pass the time, process thoughts and enjoy the silence. Elegant legs carrying him gracefully over the misted forest floor with his feathered friend flitting through the tree's to show him the way. Things had shifted within the Edge, perhaps not to everyone, but certainly to the plains marked stallion whom lurked within the shadows. Was it unsurprising that Tembovu had sired a child? Not really, no. At least he could humor that it was not with the mnafiki. Still, he had peered from beyond the brushline and roots at the small boy as he toddled around the edge and found himself facing the uncomfortable thoughts and emotions he'd long since stamped on. The poisoners aspirations left little room for a child of his own, not that he had been particularly of siring a child.

He was too delicate, too much questionable curves and not enough outward ripping muscle. Besides, he could hardly juggle a foal in one hand and a vial of toxins in the other. Matanye had trilled in amusement at her bonded's thought. To see him holding an all too curious foal back with his hind leg while he precariously mixed poisons, muttering and yelling for it to 'not taste that, don't eat this, for the long of the gods put that down!' He had all but taken on an adoptive uncle roll with Tembovu's first child, it had been an uncontrollable thing. Faxr had been a small light in the darkness whenever he had visited the happy family. Things were not so dark in their company, and Faxr had been an affectionate thorn in his side. Now Hawezi was here, and the uncomfortable and very real knowledge that the same intertwining emotions might just take hold was.

A snort blew from his nostrils as he pushed the thoughts aside, helped by the eagle descending rather abruptly upon his horns with an audible click of talons, and his head dipping with the weight. Tail swished at his hocks in annoyance as his ears flicked back. "My dear, you're getting fat." He quipped to the bird, who responded with an offended click, how dare he call her fat. The needles of annoyance and anger jabbed the poisoner through their bond, the silent !!!! echoing through his skull. She couldn't speak just yet, but she would be damned to let him get away with calling her names. "Now now, I didn't mean offense. I was just saying, you can hardly be fearsome when you're as round as a boulder." He offered with a light smirk, coming to a stop at the cliff sides to gaze out at the vast expanse of ocean. It was quiet for now, at least, but there was always a chance that others would drift towards the cliffs. Maybe he could do with the company after all.

"talk talk talk"

mnafiki - pretender in swahili

Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts

Credits: Image by Shadow @ DA

@Orithia
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.