Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper
You can't take back the cards you've dealt on this 
long and lonely road to hell
the throne must be such a sad and lonely place

The Reaper’s life had spun into a series of cycles. He protected, he scorched, he smoldered, he brooded, and then he wandered off into sovereign duties. The same thing fell day after day, night after night, so that little time was spent into restless depravities (but what he would’ve give for another battle, another taste of violence and vehemence, when his muscles contorted into bestial marches and his soul relished the vicious flavor of another entity consumed). For now, Deimos stoked the central lands, roaming away from hot, smoldering sands, not yet sculpting his way back towards his northern throne, spending his hours wiling away at commitments and convictions instead. Time spent away from the chilling mountains might make him appreciate them more upon his return, when their meeting’s din no longer echoed against the peaks’ backdrop, when the hollowed hackles of his member’s mouths no longer detested anything and everything they tried (stood for). While the tempestuous mountains hummed in his blood, while it pulled him into chilling nonchalance, while it built him from soldier to General to King, there were some moments where even the depths of its spirit got to him too.

Other lands crooned, growled, hissed in his blood too (unwavering sands touched by moonlit bliss, a herd, a family, of unicorns with stones and rocks and embers uniting their dark hearts; Isilme, it whispered in his heart, in his mind, when he dreamed of distant places, faraway worlds). The empire they approached now, brindled and surrounded, pervaded and invaded, by the swirl of mist and fog, always served to remind him of failure, of loss, of defeat. No matter how many times he entered its wares, a rush, a flood, of memories served to haunt him – so many ghosts, so many wraiths, so many phantoms of lost souls, who’d protected, who’d tried to ward off the Qian, and who, despite their attempts, despite their menace, had to flee into cliffs, valleys, and Steppes to ensure their survival.

But the King wouldn’t allow his recollections defeat his purpose. A portion of him glanced towards the ether and wondered if Mauja would appear (a tangible, whole ghost, but a specter all the same), then pushed it aside, understanding, knowing, the spotted stag no longer reigned. There was an ice mistress and an elephant, titan beast in his place – time had altered, changed things so abruptly, so swiftly, that the Reaper had never ensnared a chance to ask Mauja why (why had he given everything up, if he’d always wanted it so badly? If he’d finally snagged what had once been his?). It was too late now. Seasons had moved them all along, and there were reasons for arriving at the borders (not for reminiscing, he decided). Their herd had too many projects, too many whirlwind concoctions, to be given into stagnation.

Deimos checked behind him again to ensure Johnny and his obnoxious bird/dog combination had followed, then flicked his ears, his sights, back into the fog hollows. His mouth parted once, ensuing a bellow, asking for leaders, for crafters, to come. Hoping, somehow, someway, all the things he’d orchestrated would follow the right path, and that his actions hadn’t been a waste (like so many other, bitter, rancorous things).

[Crafting trades? :DD Please let Johnny post first! I also tagged Glaziers/crafters. ^_^]

Photo and Table by Time
Photo taken at Hero's Square in Budapest, Hungary

@Johnny @Tembovu @Elsa @Alune @Anzanie

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

In a shocking turn of events, Deimos actually decided to talk to me during our trip from the Throat to the Edge! Yup he decided to open up a little bit, tell me how he had come to be in the Basin, all that fun stuff. Really cemented our friendship.

Ha. Just kidding.

I continued to try to coax a casual conversation out of the Reaper but he was clearly all constipated inside of his own mind so I left him alone. THANKFULLY I have a companion now so the trip wasn’t a total loss. Aside from the wolf-whistle, I was teaching Jellybean how to say hello! She’s pretty smart, this companion of mine. She hasn’t quite grasped the distinct sounds of the word yet but it’s so funny to hear her try!

We hang back a little bit during these lessons, to limit just how annoying we are as a pair as we alternate between speaking and squawking the word ‘hello’.

Deimos acts like he doesn’t care but he still checks on me every now and again and that’s enough for me! I’ve never been to this part of Helovia - and I’m a little underwhelmed by the Edge so far. What a dump! There’s this half-built or half-destroyed glass wall surrounding the thing and it doesn’t look very inviting at all. I’m huffing a little bit as I catch up to Deimos where he finally stops (okay I had fallen back more than a little bit) and Jellybean squawks her distaste as my jostled movements as she clings onto my mane, looking like the world’s strangest jockey as her dog half flops about.

As much as I want to sit I don’t - probably unprofessional or something. And there’s a rumour going around the Basin that Deimos can kill you with a look and I’m not willing to test whether that works on candy as well as flesh and bone. So instead I just smile at him and stand by his side - my green eyes moving forward to watch the forest for whoever might come this time!

It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away

image credits

#deinnyroadtrip2k16
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Ears twitched. A deep, deathly bellow ripped through the fog. Demanding in it short roar. Impatience etched in its timbre. There were few who could manage such a quality of sound— most were leads whose time was more valuable than waiting for another’s to become available. The Elephant, in a rare moment of discordance, contemplated making the source of the sound wait— but it was short-lived, for though his own time was Kingly, he was currently doing naught but turning over ceaseless issues in his mind. In short, the call was a welcome distraction.

So, an easy and ground-quaking lope brings the Elephant King towards their glass-littered borders. Sight annoyance speared through him at seeing it— were not his crafters meant to be clearing some of this glass? Lips pursed and ears tilt backwards in his ground-covering gait, navy eyes sweeping along the misted trees to find the source of the bellow.

He made out two murky forms: one tall, dark, and brooding; the other small, bright, and fidgety. Thick legs slow, black and ebony shifting from three beats to two, as a long-strided trot brought the Elephant closer to the forms and thus into clarity. An annoyed trumpet sounded distantly behind him, as Mbwene’s short legs attempted to catch up to her bonded.

Deimos, the Reaper, the Aurora Basin Lord, first drew his gaze. Tembovu dipped his thickly spiraled horn in greeting to the fellow ruler, “Deimos,” his low rumble was punctuated with another, distant trumpet (slowly growing louder and nearer). An ear flicked backwards, listening for his approaching companion, while his attention shifted to the smaller stallion alongside the Lord.

“Johnny,” a bit of a grin crossed his muzzle as he glanced towards the bright griffin on his back, “Jellybean,” his gaze glanced between the two Basin men, “To what do I owe the pleasure?” Finally, with a trundling stomp, Mbwene burst through the mist and halted alongside the giant, a few short and brassy squeaks cut short as she sighted Jellybean.

Trunk raised, her trumpet of welcome died as her bright blue eye landed on Deimos and suddenly grew wary of the dark and daunting Lord. Though, still, she shifted towards Johnny and his griffin.
He paid for his sins. He was saved.
But some sins haunt us no matter how much we pay.

@Alune you can jump in now or Tembo can call for him later, if @Deimos just wants to go ahead and post. Either way works for me.

Please tag Tembovu.

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
Nothing splendid was ever created in cold blood.
Heat is required to forge anything.
Every great accomplishment is the story of a flaming heart.
With her little Viserra at her side, Anzanie felt the resentment building up in her that it fuelled something terrible. The hurt. Why wasn't Misael here? She glanced at her daughter, wishing she could feel the love she had felt when her precious cargo had first been born, but the splashed now only felt like the abandoned child of a sweetheart's dream. She left these thoughts in an attempt to gather some sort of brave face, the hurt ripping into her at the thought of Misael leaving her for another. But today was not the day. It felt bitterly cold and the wind around the Edge was helping, thanks to the trees that surrounded them.

She nudged her daughter to carry on, knowing full well that she was becoming almost too old to literally push around but she had no time. It was time to warm up their freezing bodies. She suddenly heard the voices of several, two she did not know and another of her beloved Tembovu, or at least who she perceived to be her Elephant King. An excitement welled in her and she whispered to Viserra in a hurried tone,
"Come, we must see what Uncle Temb wants." Uncle Temb. How fitting...

She stalked with her horn narrowly missing the hanging branches, making sure to poke her cranium to the side of her to make sure that her daughter was still there. Whilst the resentment was great, Anzanie would never forgive herself shoul any harm come to her Viserra. In the moment she was able to spot the gargantuan figure of Tembovu, their king and their almighty, and Anzanie's pools lit up. She quickly rushed over on daggers that rocks and the hard ground to greet him, before seeing the other creatures that were also with him. Both stags, one dignified in his dark splender bearing a horn much like her own with just a bit of coal dust littered over it and the most striking, well odd, brute that resembled more a child's toy than anything. His coat was a stunning ivory but his own horn, daggers and tassles were littered with ruby and Anzanie's nose wrinkled at the smell of something fresh and almost minty. She dipped her graceful splashed cranium once she got her breath back to her king first, with her pools soft as she spoke, "Good day Tembovu, we have guests?"

She glanced at them before waiting to see what was going on, obviously (and as always) late to the most odd of occasions...

" . "
image credits

Sorry this is so bad! Thought I would get this in if I could as I'd been tagged, I'm uner the assumption that @Viserra is being power-played here but if you'd like some input that's okayy!

@Deimos @Tembovu @Johnny
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova

"A most striking companion that Griffin is, Johnny." Alune's mirth filled voice announced, as he emerged from the Edge's thick forest, the tendrils of fog seemed reluctant to let their Seer go out to meet those that waited at the glass strewn borders, they swirled after his lapis hooves and receded back into the wispy waves when he strayed too far from their ghostly grasp.

He had not been so far away when he had heard his King's voice, followed by the much gentler tunes of a mare he recognized as Anzanie, and so he had urged himself into a graceful trot to where the gathering was taking place. The Edge had been quiet as of late, and to have strangers from beyond the mist absent of a fellow herd member to lead them, was a welcome happening. "I hope you are well, Tembovu." He inquired lightly, coming to stand beside Tembovu's equally massive frame and turned his horned head to each in turn. Pale eyes observed each one and then offered a warm smile and a nod of greeting, he recognized the peppermint wonder pony from his previous wanderings, but the lordly figure cloaked in shadows was one he had not met.

Anzanie caught his attention then, and the pale marked filly at her side. "And who is this little one?" Pink hued muzzle lowered with his warm curiosity as he peered at the young filly and then to her mother. Any other time, he may have given in to his mother gentler instincts, those that longed for foals of his own to pitter patter around the edge and fill the silence with their childish laughter and antics, but now was not that time. They had guests, and so with a fond smile he turned back to Tembovu as he voiced his question as to what brought the two to the edge.

The unmistakable sound of a loud companion quickly followed the King's question, and Alune's head tipped to the side just in time to see the sight of a small elephant burst into the group. "Looks like another wished to join us on this day, not wanting to miss out on the fun." He mused lightly as his leonine tail flicked about his hooves.

"talk talk talk"

The Arcweaver's Circle

Credits: Image by Danjah! @ DA

@Deimos @Johnny @Anzanie
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper
You can't take back the cards you've dealt on this 
long and lonely road to hell
the throne must be such a sad and lonely place

They were spared from waiting in the fog. Before he began to recall disaster and ruin, before failure and loss crawled on the edges of his eyes, the Elephant lord arrived, pressing nothing but brief acknowledgments (and the fact that Johnny was renowned well outside their borders). “Tembovu,” the beast proffered back with a singular nod, carefully orchestrating the next set of vocals ricocheting through his mind. Before the Reaper had any opportunity to preside over the nature of their meeting, he was forced to watch more and more come out of the woodwork (an elephant first), and the infidel’s gaze narrowed briefly in obvious scrutiny and perusal as they quickly gathered. Soon there was a painted femme with a child at her side, and a stag thereafter who reminded him of moons and lunar balances (and fitting; to be heralded under the same Goddess in these damned woods), already acquainted with Johnny.

The notion to depart and flee from the swift gathering was instantaneous. He didn’t know a single one of them. No matter how he tried to beckon his way through open lands, through wild fields, through unknown territories, he still didn’t know a damn thing about basic interactions with those foreign (and he almost preferred a conversation with Gaucho now, because at least they always knew where they stood with one another). Stubbornly, he clenched his jaw and refused to look in Johnny’s direction for assistance.

Pride and defiance and the craving to become better (stronger, more capable) for his herd (who didn’t seem to care, who fought over petty, ridiculous things, who strives to make every meeting all the more stupid), won him over in the end.

Tightly controlled, he gave a nod to each newcomer, even the little one, a curt introduction, “Deimos, Lord of the Basin,” then directed his nonchalant, chilling gaze to their King. He’d entered their haunting world for a reason, and despite all the temptation to leave, to go back into the hollowed void of his mountains, his intentions were clear, cut, and direct. “Johnny and I have come to discuss potential crafting trades.” The dark slate of his stare wandered over to the other members of their party, pondering if they had the ability to shape, chisel, and sculpt, or if they were mere audience members, invited to the stage. “We need glass to complete our greenhouse. Would you require any of our materials?” There was a small, lighter part of him that hoped he’d be of some use to his empire besides a sword, a cutlass, for them to shout upon – the notion of returning with proper wares for their future could amend the difficulties they all faced lately. 

Photo and Table by Time
Photo taken at Hero's Square in Budapest, Hungary

@Johnny

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

Not even Deimos’ stoic appearance could stop me from greeting my friends. That’s right, I have friends! Doesn’t matter that we’ve only met once - as soon as you take a taste of me we’re pretty much bonded for life. So while he probably looked like he was going to drop a load or run away from all the friendly faces that were greeting us, I couldn’t be happier. I didn’t even know Temb lived here!

“Tembovu!! So good to see you again! Where’s… Oh! There she is!” I danced a little in place but remained where I was - figuring that rushing forward to hug both the stallion and the companion (when she arrived) was a little much. But my face said it all - this was something I loved.

Jellybean was excited too - she squawked a cheerful greeting to Tembovu and, upon seeing Mbwene, totally lost all cool and somersaulted off of my back and onto the ground with a squeak. From there she hurried across that invisible line between Edge members and Basin members and went to go chatter a proper greeting at one of the first faces she had ever seen. Still young, her proper feathers were starting to grow in which gave her slightly less of a fluffy appearance on the bird half and though her corgi half was still fluffy as ever - though both halves were not communicating on how to run so it was an awkward, but adorable, experience for everyone to watch.

A mare and her foal, both of whom I didn’t recognize but greeted with a cheerful smile, and another friendly face joined us and my smile grew even more. “Thank you Alune!” Any compliment on my companion was totally fine with me! She was striking, if a little weird and not exactly what you would expect when you said the word ‘griffin’. From there I let my exuberance fade into silence because I had nothing more to add beyond the question posed by Deimos - and he had taken care of the introductions for our part.

It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away

image credits
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Ears twitch at the Lord’s simple greeting, and his grin grows at Johnny’s exuberant greeting. Mbwene, likewise, trumpets in both alarm and then amusement as Jellybean tumbles, squawking, from the peppermint man’s back. Her trunk reached out, to both greet and sweep up the young griffin.

The King’s attention sweeps to Anzanie as his lovely, painted Glazier arrived with her filly, Viserra. He nods in greeting, a warm smile sweeping his face. But, before he can open his mouth to give introductions, the moon-draped Seer comes forward, swathed in mists. Again, his great skull dips in greeting, though his gaze sweeps to Deimos as the nonchalant and curt introduction slices through the cozy, friendly hellos traded between them. Ah, introductions, they had been skipped for the Lord. The Elephant’s ears tilt back once and his eyes crease slightly with lines, the only outward signs of his chagrin at his mistake.

“Deimos, this is Anzanie, the Edge’s Glazier,” his thick horn motions towards the splashed woman with a smile, “and her daughter, Viserra, is at her side. Alune,” his head sweeps to the oracle, “is our Seer. He communes with our goddess.” He fell silent, listening to the rest of the Reaper’s offer.

A trade of goods? His eyes sweep over his shoulder, to the center of the Edge, though he could not see past the misted trunks. Glass in trade for what? The thought of the herd, huddled and cold on the cliffs at their last meeting, flashes through his mind. A trade would be an act of goodwill, and the Edge could use some shelter beyond the misted trees. “We would be glad to supply glass for your greenhouse, Deimos. Though I am hesitant to send Anzanie away so soon after returning from crafting in the Throat,” he turns to Alune, ears tipping forward, “Does your Lady Moon gift you with her glass?” The King did not know the depth of the oracle’s power with their Goddess— perhaps unwise for a King to reveal in front of another lead.

Turning back to Deimos and Johnny, he continues, “The Edge lacks any shelter beyond that provided by the borders’ trees. We would be obliges if you could craft us a tent, of sorts,” his low rumble faded, Kingly speeches complete.
He paid for his sins. He was saved.
But some sins haunt us no matter how much we pay.

@Anzanie @Alune

Please tag Tembovu.

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
Nothing splendid was ever created in cold blood.
Heat is required to forge anything.
Every great accomplishment is the story of a flaming heart.
Not long after she had arrived, Anzanie and Viserra were soon followed by Alune, another of the Edge. It was quite the mixture of Basiners and Edge members that stood in her homeland, and all Anzanie could feel to do was remain as regal as possible, glancing every few moments back at her glorious king, but was soon snapped back to attention amongst Alune's greetings when she was indirectly spoken to by the Moon Goddess' little speaker. She smiled at him warmly as he acknowledged her baby, and she leaned forward and spoke quietly to him,
"This, this is Viserra, my daughter." Her smile was youthful and beautiful, much adhering to her naive ways that she felt she may never leave.

But then it went back to business. Too often had she wandered into these spectacles already and this was no different - this herd wanted to trade with her herd, and namely, her. It was her who currently stood here with the ability to craft what they desired, and she nodded to Deimos in understanding of what they wanted - glass crafting magic. Her focus then turned to the one they named Johnny, his scent so refreshing yet his demeanor so very... upbeat. He spoke to Tembovu about his Mbwene in all her tiny glory, the companion coming into contact with Johnny's own companion. Deep down the Glazier wished she had a companion too, but she hoped that she was able to appreciate the permanent one she had in her daughter. He smiled at her, and Anzanie reciprocated with the same smile towards the ivory and ruby stag.

But it was Tembovu who was greeted with the warmest smile, her King and friend whom introduced her and Viserra to Deimos, the Lord of the Aurora Basin. It was all so grand, or was the splashed princess' mind moreorless tainted by the assumption that it was through Tembovu's wording? Either way, Anzanie knew that she could not fuck this up for her herd or she would be far from being Glazier and friend, but Tembovu already had that covered when he addressed Deimos' request. Anzanie nodded with courtesy and thanks to Tembovu as he suggested she had done her part. But she piped up once with her high pitched voice to utter her desire to help,
"Should you require me I am at your service my King. I would be honoured to travel once more for the good of the Edge and the relations between our herds, but if Alune wishes to and has the ability I agree." She tried to remain calm but it was so hard in these circumstances, the feeling of so many high-ranking officials in one place. She wondered how she may have felt as a common mare of the herd in this circumstance.

" . "
@Alune
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥