the Rift

A WINDING, WEAVING FATE

Raistlyn Posts: 6
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 8
Name? :: Wolf :: None roni
Sup ya'll awesome Helovians, it's Roni! So here is Raistlyn's plot thread.  I'm trying really hard to get back into the Helovia way of life (!!!!), but it's been several years so I'm quite rusty! For those who don't know me, hello! I played here a year or two ago, but am ALWAYS lurking. Like always.  I also do a lot of art commissions for Helovia members so if anyone is up for it, I'd be cool with trading some art for magic of some kind!   ANYWAYYYYY HERE IS STUFF

Here are some things to know about him:

FROM THE RIFT
• Yep he came from that chaotic place with all the crazy gods and disease and plague and monsters and all sorts of beasties
• His most recent contract is to capture Ultima, also from the Rift, whom is believed to be some sort of demigodess with possibly apocalyptic powers.
• During this hunt, he interrupted an ancient ritual in which Ultima becomes the bride of a Rift God, and in doing so, he basically unleashed said God and brought all sort of chaos down on the Wood
• Fleeing with captured Ultima, they were separated by a sudden, blinding portal. This is how Raistlyn and Ultima ended up in Helovia. He crossed through the portal of Riptide Isles, but did not participate in the battle. Maybe he was knocked out or something I don't even know what haha.

CURRENTLY
• In the Threshold, inquiring after Ultima. Believes she is the key to returning to the Rift.  They are also bound by a Law and Destiny.
• Gains two fellow travelers, Rikyn and Tangere (we need to figure out where they are headed first!!!), in the Threshold who have possible information on Ultima's location.  Is reluctant to travel with others, but makes an exception due to  unfamiliarity with Helovia.
• Plans to traverse most of Helovia searching
• In the meantime, will continue to take on monster hunting contracts wherever he can find them
• Also looking for crafters to commission. He needs to replace his hunting gear that was left behind in the Rift

MONSTER HUNTER
• This is his profession
• The Rift is infested with monsters, wild gods, and chaos; it is their job, duty, and code to protect humanity from evil and monsters, but they remain politically neutral and never participate in wars or serve kings.
• In the Rift his kind are considered outcasts, mutants, and freaks. They are equally feared, ridiculed, respected, and hated.
• Underwent brutal training and subjected to a Trial that mutated his genes to enhance instincts, eyesight, hearing, and sense of smell.
• His reaction to the Trials also made him resistant to dark magic
• Expert tracker; he can hunt and track down just about anything and anyone
• He doesn't work for free but his prices are fair
• Follows own personal code and has protected monsters on more than on occassion
• His kind are bound to a lifetime on the Path, always traveling and hunting

PERSONALITY
• There's a lot more on his profile, but here are a few basic things about him
• He's witty, has a morbid sense of humor, and sarcastic
• He's a bit jaded, cynical, and world-weary
• Doesn't have much patients for bullies, idiots, and stupidity in general
• Mostly clueless when women make advances on him
• While he mostly seems unapproachable, cold, and rough around the edges, he's actually relatively personable and has an easygoing demeanor
• He likes kids, weirdly. One of his great desires is to be a father and husband, but these are only dreams.  His life on the Path will never allow that life for him
• Uh he's got a thing for beautiful sorceresses. It's gotten him in a real pile of trouble a time or two.
• Absolutely despises portals and traveling by teleportation
• His hexing and sign magic was stripped after crossing into Helovia
• Originally from a stone fort in mountain-land, so feels most at home in high altitude, surrounded by massive peaks
• Smells of cold mountain air and crisp pine

Um, yeah! I think that's most everything.  I'm really open for just about anything! I'd really like him to develop a close knit group of friends. He's quite loyal and a good time around the right people, the ones he really cares about.  I'm also up for intricate plots (he's good at getting wound up in political and stately affairs, even though it's against his code), enemies,  setting up monster hunting contracts, maybe even some romance and flings.  Maybe you just want a thread, that's cool too! Comment with any ideas! ♥

@Rikyn @Tangere @Essetia

these scars long have yearned for your tender caress
to bind our fortunes, damn what the stars own.

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina
He sounds like Geralt! (From Witcher)

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Outcast
Mwahahah GERALT!!! This character was super inspired by a combination of Geralt and Batman/Bruce Wayne! :D

Outcast
Istina
I love him and I love you for it! xD We should definitely have a thread. As for plots though, I really don't have anything to offer in that area except friends if they get along. Vu isn't a sorceress and she doesn't know of any monsters for him to kill, but perhaps he can draw her out of herself a little.

Outcast
Fellow Witcher fans UNITE!!!! What did you think of Witcher 3, if you played it??? :D I'm on my second playthrough right now. Totally getting into raistlyn character ;D

BUT YES! I'd be up for a thread, and whatever may become of them after that!

Outcast
Istina
haha yes! I haven't finished my first playthrough yet -is horribly slow sometimes- I love it so much though, it's definitely been better than the first two.

Perfect then! Would you like me to start one or did you want to? Either way works for me. =)

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Yaaaaaaaaay
Well whenever you wanna start our hunt for Ultima just tag me :D I have a pretty darn open schedule.

Tier and I have started up a thief group - while this immediately brings to mind taking things, the group will also take contracts to find things or glean information ect. if that interests you. :) Rikyn will be a member as he doesn't have skills enough to lead and we are looking for leader type sneakies.

Otherwise let's wing it! Rikyn can def. use friends ? he has like.. Erebos. Lol!

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Count me in! Sorry for the late reply >.> school ate me for a while.

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo
ohh perhaps they could run into each other in thistle meadow?
if you want i'll make post and tag ya ^^

If you have any ideas about general direction of their interactions, let me know. i mostly just let things happen as i go, but a general plot outline is fun too <3

@Raistlyn

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(: