the Rift

the fighter still remains [sneak meeting]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
She returned. Clutching onto the events that had occurred from her excursions. Things that had changed her, decided her fate beyond what she could even control. She had grown into a golden flame, here in the Basin. The flame was growing dim, and she began to realize that despite how well she thought she carried herself, she’d never be able to continue to thrive the way she had before. Not with enemies at her doors. Not with Kings that lured her elsewhere. No. It appeared she had a thing for high status men – both of which carrying the power to destroy her. One that had already, and continued to do so even after she sought her refuge here in Helovia. The other, she hoped would have no means to wish her dishonor. She couldn’t be sure, in the events. Yet, the creature that burrowed against her while clutching her mane in a warm circle as a snake with fur as he slept, kept her mind at least somewhat sane. Marembo, her newly found companion. A fiery heart with a surprising amount of pride for his size. He already could tell the frustration and terror that was spreading through each vein of her heart to even think about letting someone else near her. Which might have been her savior, in another world.

The Thief passed the dwindling spires of power that the Sentinels had once been, she slowly made her way to the center of the Basin, her cerulean gaze scanning across the many cave openings that were placed in strange lengths away from one another – never perfect, but unique in their own ways. She carried a now healed scar, a contrasted ebony “C” etched into her skin on her shoulder. She could consider herself a warrior, but she didn’t. She was a Thief. A Thief that had been caught. Not necessarily in terrible means, but rather her mental state had become a bird trapped in a cage. Emotion causing ebbs and flows against her morality. What was she to do now?

Rexanna knew she had to gather them. Gather them and talk to them. If anything were to happen to her, she wanted to at least know who would be able to replace her and perhaps perform better than she had been able to. It was now, that she stood tall. Trying to hold herself together as Remy gribbed onto her mane and chains to hold himself up and in turn be the glue that kept the golden mistress together. Scanning her surroundings once again, she noticed the shadows created by the sun as it peaked across the mountain tops, shadowing the back half of her body against the front as the sun began to rise. It had been a long journey home, exhausting, but she had more than enough energy to group them and speak with them.

Thieves, and those of you interested in joining, come to me now” She called out, her once passive mindset now replaced by demands and the inevitable ‘I’m going to get my way whether you like it or not’ attitude. Who would show, she didn’t know. But she hoped that it would be a promising turn out. She needed to know who she was leading, what power she held in this side of the Basin. They needed to expand and grow – but first they needed those creatures that would be willing to. She remembered the few that came to speak with her during the always eventful herd meeting, and hoped that they would show as well.

A few moments passed before she wondered if her voice would’ve been loud enough and demanding enough to carry to the ears she needed it to. The mare then focused her magic, taking bits and pieces of the rage that billowed within her chest subdued for moments like this, to shoot an array of fireworks into the sky of the growing daylight. That had always been useful for gatherings. Who’s to say this would be any different?

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

Tagging those who are sneaks and those interested! FORGIVE ME FOR THOSE I PROBABLY FORGOT. Anyone's welcome, foals included who want to learn some stuff!
You have one week to reply. Round two of posting will begin on May 1st! :)
@Albrecht @Fiachra @Prometheus
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Fiachra Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3hh :: 5 - Ages at Birdsong HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Gebo
fiachra
Home, where I wanted to go,
And nothing else compares.
She had wandered Helovia and every corner of the Basin, it seemed. The excitement and happiness of having a place to belong had yet to wear off, but she still felt restless. She belonged, yes, but she was still useless. She needed a job. She needed a purpose.

She had, in her life before her years of roaming aimlessly, always had an occupation. When she was a foal, she had been a student, an apprentice. When the raiders had taken her away, she had quickly become one of them. She had even been put in charge of a small party of bandits once, for a short time.

Now, she just... existed. She existed among equines she didn't know or where she came from, and who couldn't possibly understand her or her customs. She whiled away the hours and the days, poking her nose into every crevice of the Basin, hoping someone would give her something to do. A job or a task, no matter how small.

Thieves, she herd the call. Her ears honed in on the voice in the distance and she lifted her head in that direction. And those of you interested in joining, the beckoning went on. She recognized that voice. It was Rexanna, the mare that had first welcomed her into this snowy land. The pretty mare with the golden chains that traced her frame. Fiachra smiled, remember the mare speaking at the herd meeting, entreating her herd mates to join the ranks of the thieves. She had almost forgotten, wallowing instead in her own boredom and feelings of uselessness.

Picking up an easy trot, Fiachra headed in the direction of the call, towards the center of the Basin. As the delicate golden frame of Rexanna came into view, Fiachra lowered her head in greeting, holding her horns lower than the higher-ranked mare. She hated to be rude or disrespectful, and still she was a little unclear on the manners or this land.

"Rexanna," she greeted, a cheerful smile upon her face. "How are you?" She wondered what had caused the mare's decision to call them forward now. Rexanna stood tall before her, but she appeared a bit worn down despite that. "I would like to express my interest in joining the ranks of Basin Thieves."

"Talk."
image credits
Stock Credits

Please tag Fiachra in first posts only!
Minor force is fine, but please ask before inflicting lasting damage, etc.

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
“For a sneak,” He hisses, lumbering out of the dreary abyss of mud and half melted snow that is the Basin on this late Frostfalls morning, “You’re awfully fond of flashy displays.” His usual cheer at finding himself surrounded by mares is lacking impact today, worn down by the incongruencies in names, duties, and actual behavior of these so-called ‘stealth’ ranks. Just recently he watched in confusion (though it had been a brief and passing emotion amid the more compelling interests of the time) as their very own head Thief introduced herself by name and rank to a warrior of another herd and now she chooses to gather her spies in the least covert way imaginable, shouting invitations and setting off gaudy magical displays. What a joke.

“Maybe we could try a bit harder at secrecy? Not throwing full names around, for example?" The blacks weathered face turns pointedly toward the purple-haired mare – the singer, he remembers – one brow raised in both question and accusation. Amateurs, he inwardly scoffs, but holds out hope that there are others both equally annoyed at the state of things and with more damned sense in their heads yet to appear in this half-assed meeting. Surely the brindled mare he encountered at the borders or even the reddish colored, speckled stallion he glimpsed conversing with Rexanna near the end of the herd meeting will bring a sorely needed seriousness to the tone of proceedings. It's a sad day in Shits-ville when the resident old geezer is more capable at something than well, anyone, really. No wonder their glowering Lord Deimos seems so disappointed all the time; He's not impossible to please, just surrounded by mediocrity.

OOC // Tagging a few more characters with sneak ranks. @Rhiannon @Lothiriel @Prometheus

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
Prometheus
‘Did you hear that?’

How could I not?

Through the dimness of our cave, I can see your bright eyes narrow at the bite of my mental voice, hear the low, throaty growl that slithers through bared fangs as you rise. On large paws you come over, resting to sit not far from where I lay. Abruptly your fire magic ignites along your shoulders and back, orange flames flickering to light up the darkness, casting playful shadows across your beastly face. The flames are close enough to touch—I could feel their heat, perhaps, if I was capable in this deadened body. ‘Are we going to heed her call?’ I lift my head, tattered ears slanting forward before my mouth twists into a leer, fetid lips cracking and rotten blood oozing down my chin.

Of course, brother. I shift, the sound of bones grinding against bones creaking through the winter air, knobby knees and cracked hooves groaning to support my weight as I rise. We must play obedience for a little while, in order to gain power for eternity. My ghastly smile deepens, revealing foul milk teeth; but you already know that. You are far more patient than I; you have honed that fire of my impatience, directing it only where we might burn those who oppose us, torture and eliminate those who doubt us. You have taught me well.

‘Thank you, brother.’

Exhaling a wet, rattling breath, I call upon the heat of my magic. I feel the flare spark across my body, transforming death that it might hide behind the silken guise of beauty. It is strange to tower over you as I do now, when you are meant to be at my shoulder, but you are at my side nonetheless—together, we will seize what is meant to be ours.

As one, we step from the dim cave, trailing the mountains’ shadows as we slide closer to where the golden mare has summoned us. She is easily recognized among the white-washed woods, and strategically I place myself at her side, refusing to be overlooked. Fixing my bright, glowing eyes upon the skinny old man, my lips twist into further displeasure, remembering his outbursts at the meeting (one of many, squabbling like children). “And for an old man,” my voice slips like poisoned velvet from these perfect lips, thorns swathed in silk just as death is swathed in beauty, “you’re awfully fond of stirring up trouble.”

It is as pointed however much he would like to perceive, the black, macabre thoughts churning just beneath the surface. As I look at him—thin, angular, old, and weak—I think of how his bones would snap like toothpicks between your powerful jaws, how his warm, beating flesh would taste between my teeth. ‘Tough.’ You grumble, unimpressed with an aged meal. I cannot disagree, returning my attention to the gilded mare with a sharp flick of my tail. In any case, we cannot dismiss potential so easily. We know better than anyone how deceiving appearances can be.

Don’t we, brother?

notes; He's in his potential form, no wings.
“Speech.”
evil angel
nothing but lies and crooked wings
@Rexanna @Albrecht | image credits
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
They came funneling in at the mixture of her looming voice and display. She stood, waiting, a pillar for those to come and speak with her. Yet the creatures that showed weren’t exactly the welcoming party she had subconsciously hoped for. Fiachra came first, trotting to over to the gilded Thief and dipping her head. Remy watched with beady eyes, already finding a nonthreatening feeling from this mare – partially influenced from Rexanna. The Thief returned the dip of the head, though a bit hastier than Fiachra’s show. “Fiachra, welcome. I’ve been better.” A small hint of a smile crossed across her features, but was extinguished as duties came forth. “You are welcome to join the ranks starting as a Phantom as I did.” She spoke gently, still carrying the demanding tone from before and unsure of whether or not she should try and appear stronger. The scar loomed like a cloud over her chest, standing in stark contrast to her pale body.

However, Albrecht came – with what appeared to the Thief as an aggressive demeanor. Remy’s eyes immediately shot to the bearded man, tense in every part of his snake-like body. Before the Thief could respond, the stallion that had spoken to her from the meeting approached with the striped feline at his side. As they approached and stood beside her, his voice reaching out in a retaliation against Albrecht, something of which gained some regard in Rexanna’s book. Remy eyed the tiger with a hint of worry, clutching Rexanna’s forelock with a bit more intent. He was still young, but Rexanna could still sense the feeling of uncomfortableness that loomed from the tiny polecat. She nodded a quick greeting to Prometheus briefly before turning her attention back onto Albrecht. “How I decide to go about my duties is of no concern to you, Albrecht.” She growled to him, her eyes gleaming with frustration – remembering their last encounter with the fire from the Heart Caves. “Perhaps you should stand closer to my fireworks and learn just how much a beautiful thing can hurt.

Removing her glare from Albrecht, she pulled herself and Remy away from the trio of thieves gathered, shooting a quick glance around to see if anyone else were to join before landing her attention onto Prometheus and Fiachra, part of her refusing to spend too long staring at the old man in case he wanted to use his magic once again. “I have asked you here for the simple task of needing to fill the ranks. As Deimos said at the meeting, we are aligned with the Edge and Throat. They must remain untouched by us. There are those out there we need to keep an eye out for, Tingal, Gull, and Calstron. However, I’m unsure if Calstron is going by his full name. Deimos spoke of what Tingal and Gull looked like, but Calstron is a new threat. He’s a Pegasus, blood bay in color with a white mane and tail, fierce orange eyes. Do not engage him if you come across him.” She admitted, her gaze breaking away from the group to glance at the opening – part of her wondering if the Blood Prince would magically appear at the mention of his name. It was almost as if thinking about him caused her scar to hurt again. Her hide twitching around the black scar as she shifted her weight. Rexanna inhaled deeply before shaking her head, hoping to lose the feeling of pain, and returned her gaze back to her band of phantoms. “First things first, a majority – if not all – of our job is information. Do what you must to attain this information, but be sure to not land yourself in a place you can’t get out of. Once you are out there, you are on your own.” This was the Thief’s low key way of saying I won’t come find you if you fail. She expected them to succeed. Whether that was foolish or not, she wasn’t sure. She needed to hope for the best in the situations given to her. “You must prove to me that you can successfully attain information. With that being said, you need to go out and be social. Meet others from other herds, regardless of the Basin’s alliance. Learn something from them that could benefit the herd. For instance, let’s say someone from the Throat is a healer that knows certain information about plants that thrive there and how they can help the body. Perhaps you should try to learn what this plant is and pass it on to our healers for our greenhouse.” Her voice rang out with intention, her eyes glancing across each one of them. “Of course it’s not limited to that question specifically, but find something that could benefit our home. Our job is to protect the Basin – gather information that could be beneficial to us and you will be rewarded.” She nodded to them as Remy looked upon each one, being completely silent. “Any questions?” Rexanna paused, allowing for time for conversation – hoping that questions would truly be asked and not childlike bickering as every Basin meeting seemed to devolve into.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Albrecht @Fiachra @Prometheus

Next round of posting will begin May 8th! :)
Your job is to gather information from another person, whether it be from another herd or an outcast, something that can benefit the Basin. Perhaps a helpful ally, knowledge for the Menders, Scholars, or Warriors. I don't think it's really necessary for the end of a timeline here but since it isn't too difficult of a task just feel free to shoot me a PM here, on Skype, or just tag Rexanna with a thread here when the task has been completed! :D

and if you have any questions, feel free to snag my attention one of those ways! :)
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
They’re all imbeciles, he decides. Anger, frustration, and indignation swirl through his senses like a physical tempest, rushing his blood through his veins and bunching his muscles to a quivering tenseness. If they don’t want his wisdom, and it is wisdom, since he seems to be the only one here that actually understands what a spy is supposed to be, then they can go fuck themselves for all that he cares.

His mouth opens uncontrollably, ready to spew the litany of complaints and criticisms churning up from the pit of his stomach like boiling bile, but incredibly he snaps it shut again before a single insult manages to dribble its way out, the murderous gleam of the Reapers eyes still fresh in his mind from the last herd gathering he attended. His ears fold tightly flat against his poll, effectively deafening him to anything but the pounding of his pulse in his head, and his brows pinch together in a vicious scowl.

How can she demand that they gather beneficial information when she refuses to take legitimate and potentially job- or life- saving advice in the safety of her own home? How can she expect a new recruit to accomplish such a task when her role model can’t even decide whether she’s a Thief or a loose lipped whore? How can no one else here see a problem with the way business is being conducted in the so-called sneak ranks? Where is the Reaper now to set things straight and commend him for his fucking god-like restraint? The injustice of it all, of them, is too much.

He turns, tail twisting in wild agitation, and canters lumbers away. His brittle old hooves stomp into the muck with as much force as his anger will lend him, sending up rooster tails of dirty water wherever they strike and he hopes vehemently that some measure of the splashing will be able to reach the Thief and her stupid fucking face - maybe even the red-and-white asshole too, with his haughty grimace of disgust.

OOC // I'm sorry I skipped you @Fiachra I just felt too strongly about this one to leave it sitting. :P I hope you forgive me! @Rexanna @Prometheus

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Fiachra Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3hh :: 5 - Ages at Birdsong HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Gebo
fiachra
Home, where I wanted to go,
And nothing else compares.
This valley was filled with strange creatures, Fiachra observed as others followed her into the Lead Thief's presence. First came the tall, aged stud that reminded her of the terrors of her foalhood with his bearded neck and barrel. Fiachra pulled a face and pinned her ears at the dark-hued old man as he criticised her openly for her loose tongue.

Next came red and white speckled stud of about her own height. She had not yet met this one, but that wasn't saying much. She barely seemed to pass a day without meeting some new acquaintance these days. Following the red-and-white stallion at his side was a large feline with thick coat of orange and white.

Fiachra flicked her ears, unsure how to treat this newcomer with his threatening accompaniment. She dipped her head respectfully to Albrecht and this other stallion, keeping a wary eye on the cat. The Riy had felines, but nothing quite of that size or bulk. Before she could dwell too much on the potential dangers of the cat's presence, Rexanna was speaking again.

She had a task for them, for the potential thieves. She was to go back out into Helovia and attain a piece of information to assist the Basin herd in some way. The black mare nodded. It seemed simple enough. Nothing too complicated for her first assignment in her new home. At least the golden girl hadn't expected her to go out and steal another herd's healer or a magic item or something. No, it was something nice a easy for her return to being a effective member of society.

Offering a confident smile to Rexanna, Fia was about to reply, but before she can, Albrecht makes a bitter show of storming off. She turned her head to watch him go, ears pointed back and eyes narrowed. He certainly was a volatile old coot. Fiachra still wasn't convinced he didn't have some Maynk lineage somewhere in him. She swished her tail, the agitation of the moment settling over her own self.

"Well," she said, pointedly glancing back at Rexanna. "I will get right on your assignment," she told the golden-colored mare. She shifted her eyes over to the other stallion for a brief second before glancing over her shoulder again towards the retreating Albrecht. "Is he always so angry?" she asked, a frown pulling at the corners of her mouth.

"Talk."
image credits

OOC: No worries @Albrecht. I hope it's okay to assume Fiachra learned Albrecht's name at some point in the singing thread. If not, I can change my post. @Rexanna @Prometheus
Stock Credits

Please tag Fiachra in first posts only!
Minor force is fine, but please ask before inflicting lasting damage, etc.