[OPEN] sunbeams [ Sun God | Turn-In ]

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
my friend makes rings, she swirls and sings
she’s a mystic in the sense that she’s still mystified by things

Again, she crossed the strange landscape of the veins. It had been longer than she had intended since she had left them but than so many things had happened that she did not intend. It was strange to think on what her life had been when first she had come here, who she had been than and all that had occurs since. There had been good and bad in the intervening seasons, and Aisling hoped that she might be a little wiser for it. She had known her first heartbreak and real melancholy at the abandonment and now with the recent resurgence of hope in meeting Johnny, she found herself turning even that daunting tide.

Their encounter in the Steppe might have been something from a dream; Aisling still felt giddy as it replayed in her mind. She had learned something of desire, of passion, but what had moved her more had been those sweetest of moments, in gazes, in the way he had reached for her and asked her to stay, that had taken root deep in her heart. In the quest she had been given, and now came to complete, Aisling found that she had not only learned to watch and understand the emotions of others but now took more care in examining her own. She took care in an attempt to control her whimsical emotions but she was still Aisling, and could not help herself from thinking longingly of love. She would go back, she told herself, and get to know Johnny better without the unfinished business of her quest to act as a weight upon her mind. Aisling couldn’t know yet that magic might not be the only thing she took back north when she went.

She approached the shrines at midday, her high spirits making her dancing step a floaty thing indeed, and placed herself at the foot of the Sun God’s blackened plinth. She took a beep settling breath, steadying her excited nerves; she’d gone over the lyrics again and again, but the prospect of performing them was another matter. Should she call him first? Wait till he appeared to start? No, her would hear, he would come, no nee for preamble. The little mare opened her mouth and poured her heart into the ballad.

"I was raised by rainclouds
and sure, they raised me right
Gave me all the water I could drink
and covered me at night
Thought I could be a raincloud too
but no rain could I make
for I wasn’t made for sadness
no, that never was my fate
so I embraced the rainclouds
a kiss for every one
‘farewell’ said I ‘dear rainclouds,
I go to find the sun’

for the sun shines bright
and the sun shines bold
and underneath the sun
there is no heartbreak I am told
I will stand in golden fields
exultant and free
all laughs and smiles and happiness
a sunbeam I shall be

Next day I met some lightning
with all its flair and flash
it rolled in on waves of thunder
ablaze with every crash
It yelled ‘You are no lightning!’
and I could argue not
for I wasn’t made for anger
no, that never was my lot.
it chased me through the stormy wood
and I was forced to run.
‘farewell’ said I ‘oh lightning,
I go to find the sun’

and the sun shines bold
and underneath the sun
exultant and free
a sunbeam I shall be

Next night I met a star
and thought ‘now there’s a sight’
but as I looked, it seemed to me
a cold and distant light
bright she was and wondrous fair
but ice instead of flame
seems I wasn’t made for bitterness
no god did preordain.
I told her she was lucky still
my kindness she did shun.
‘farewell’ said I ‘thou fickle star,
I go to find the sun’

and the sun shines bold
and underneath the sun
exultant and free
a sunbeam I shall be

In the morn, I met the Sun
the glory I did seek
such was my rapturous wonder
that I could hardly speak
passion there, and all the warmth
that this would could store
for I was made for boundless joy
now and forevermore
Knew I, then, in this life
t’was light would overcome
‘hello’ said I ’i’ve come to serve,
for I have found the Sun’

Now the sun shines bright
and the sun shines real
and underneath the sun
there is no heartbreak I can feel
I will stand in his light
warmed by none but He
a sunbeam I shall be.”

Table style by Tamme!

@Mythical Request
Turning in Aisling's Quest for the Following Magic:
[Active Magic :: Light | Can create aural and visual illusions by singing about what she wants them to see and hear.]

Received Here

Instructions: Aisling must find five different individuals who display different emotions and interact with them. Songs have to be inspired by some sort of emotional connection, so she would need to increase her stock of emotions to draw form, then she would need to culminate that inspiration into a song dedicated to The God of the Sun.

1. Sorrow - Milo - Speak Sorrow, Until Tomorrow
2. Happiness - Johnny - cold star - don’t forget your kitten mittens
3. Anger - Jaeger - how dare you speak of grace
4. Lust/Desire - Caleb - Fools Gold Shines
5. Concern - Einarr - thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God appeared in a dauntless wash of fire as the whimsical words continued to rain down. Pulses of light, of heat, of colour began to blossom around the pale mare in time with the rhythm of her words. Indeed the God's image - which wasn't fully corporeal yet - began to sway exuberantly with the cadence and melody of the words.

Joy sprung from inside of the Gods chest. Had it really been so long since any sang to him in this manner? He thought that perhaps it had been, for the charismatic bliss that welled up in colourful springs inside of his mind, had felt empty for so long until now. A secondary melody began to accompany Aisling's voice. It was the pure silvery sound of a flute, and although none could be seen, it was clearly discernible just the same.

As her song finished, the God began to materialize fully. However he remained silent, his sunbeam stare falling gently upon the mare, and his delicate ears straining to hear the final harmonies bouncing off of the dilapidated shrines.

With a pleasurable sigh, the God exhaled and turned his attention fully to Aisling.

"That was most excellent." He began, his voice melodic and metered as hers had been. For a moment he wanted only to praise her musical mastery, but alas, that was not his or her true purpose here.

"It takes true and deep understanding of a thing, to be able to consolidate it into song. In this, I am confident that you have truly learned what you will need to wield your new magic with the mastery and craftsmanship that you have displayed in your song. Although I think-"

The God waved a wing, and suddenly the beautiful flute which had accompanied Aisling's singing appeared. It sparkled as if the Sun God's own molten fire was constantly reflected in its pristine surface. "- no artist should have to sing unaccompanied."

The God winked as the flute floated towards the mare.

Congratulations! Aisling has been given her magic and an item from the Sun God!

:: [Item: Magical Flute | An Irish flute of African Blackwood with golden inlay. It will play any tune Aisling things of, and shines with magical sun-sparkle.]

*Let me know if you're not okay with the changes. You'll have to come up with the strap to hold it on yourself :)

CREDITS